• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#161 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

What I am SAYING is that with Minegishi's knowledge of AKB48,she would be perfect for the captain position. You are seriously making this difficult.

Ditching members? Okay,NOW I am laughing. So,AKI-P said to them "No.None of you can be captain BECAUSE Minegishi is going to be captain. You are dismissed.". The girl was only a KSS for 5 months for gods sakes!Didn't I just say that people change!Take current Morning Musume leader Michishige Sayumi. Before Niigaki announced her graduation,Sayu was rather childish and arrogant with the whole "I AM THE CUTEST IDOL!".When Gaki announced her graduation, Sayu stepped it up,because she knew that she was the next in line for Morning Musume leadership. It's the same for Minegishi. She was elected captain, and now she will step it up. I am sure of it. And you and your negativity isn't helping anything. YOU don't know what goes on in the management,so you should just stop! 

Like I said,none of the KSS girls have real experience of AKB48.They are just there,waiting for a spot within the group. Minegishi was a member of AKB48 for 7 years. Sure,she wasn't really showcased,but she knows that goes on! You can't haunt the girl for her past! Everyone makes mistakes! No one is absolutely perfect.

Don't judge from what was announced,watch and see. Don't judge it because of her originaly antics,because for the ONE MILLIONTH TIME,people change. Just watch and see how Minegishi does as leader.

You can laugh all you want, I don't know what is funny in here to you. I have seen some very unusual humor senses around not to dismiss that you actually find something funny among my points.

I make the effort of thinking about all the possibilities behind management's actions. You can find them among my posts. In here I say there was no reason to appoint Minegishi as captain for earning virtues she may possess, and I argue that with facts.

Someone who doesn't follow rules is not fit for a captain. You put a member as captain because of her virtues, not for some romantic expectancies of change into righteousness. Yeah, let us go and make senators out of those past politicians who stole money from the people, yeah, since they went to prison they surely are fit to once again have a go at public service. Yeah, let us put a convicted pedophile in charge of a classroom. Since he went to prison he should know best than to do it again and who better than him to protect the kids now that he knows the consequences of messing with kids. Specially when "people change", right? You said it yourself.

All the above are extreme examples, yes, but they serve a purpose of questioning this captaincy of this Minegishi member. She has shown nothing but lack of judgement as she clings unto AKB.

Knowing AKB doesn't make anyone fit for a captain, a captain is someone who can give an example, who has the knowledge and wisdom to know better and lead the rest. Minegishi actions were cold and premeditated, she didn't say: "oops, I just got into this apartment with this dude by accident." She chose to do that, in spite of the consequences, in spite of rules. That is a lack of judgement and she hasn't shown any virtue deserving of captaincy.

You place faith in her, serve yourself. But she doesn't have a single thing that makes her apt for captain. Someone receives a position of trust and of authority because of virtues, and making Minegishi a captain should have been the result of finding this virtues in her, not by emotional feelings of compassion and faith like you have.

I don't know why you bring the Gaki/Sayu story here. Sayu's possible behavior (not gonna argue about Sayu dropping the "cute" comments even when I don't see she dropping that thing yet) doesn't imply that everyone will act the same way. You are saying: "Oh, Sayu did this, therefore anyone who is in the same situation like Sayu will act the same way."

The age and time within AKB doesn't matter when it comes to captains. How did it matter when Minarun was appointed captain? We are talking about Team 4 in here, such a close example it almost bite your own face. What about Shimada during Minarun's limited absence? Do you think management said: "Oh no, these members are too young, they don't "know" AKB enough so we need to keep this group captainless until like 6 years so that someone can be captain". Captain is about responsibility, good examples, know where the important things are, and you don't need to spend a lot of time in AKB to be able to be a good captain, you have to be someone who brings everyone together while giving a good example.

Only thing Minegishi has proven is that she is good at MCs, apart from that there is nothing but a string of lack of judgements. You don't appoint a member for what you "believe" they can give. Thinking: "This girl can't possibly screw up again", is not enough to give someone a position of responsibility and respect like the one Minegishi received.

There is no reason to believe Minegishi is going to be a good captain judging by actual and present actions from her, only by wishful thinking like you so vehemently display in here. Hopefully she does well, none of this arguing I am doing in here will change her from being a captain. What I am simply saying is that she doesn't deserve it, she is not fit for it judging what she has shown, she being a captain was not the result of qualities that made her earn that position. Her captaincy was undeserving, unfit, and nothing but a popularity appointment.

You don't appoint someone as captain to watch and see what that person is capable of, you appoint them as captain for what they have shown, and Minegishi apart from being a good MC has shown nothing but rule-breaking and group damaging conducts.

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#162 BerryzCelebration!

BerryzCelebration!

♫ Berryz Erotic ♫

• Banned
  • 1701 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Rule breaking? OH MY GOD,Morning stop! You realise that you are judging her from her past! Okay,so she had a scandal. Scandals are bound to happen in groups! It just happens! You mustn't judge her!

You hae no idea what goes on when AKB48 is off the camrea,so just STOP IT! You are RIDICULOUS! 

Uh..Gaki/Sayu was an example of changing. Minegishi can step it up! You are not magic,you can not predict the future! You are not really reading what I am saying,you are just skimming through and finding stuff that makes a great arguement. 'Cause you know I am right. Minegishi becoming captain is probably a challenge to her, to see if she can change.

You can't judge her if she hasn't even done any captain activities yet. And I am going to stop this arguement now because it is just pointless. We are just blowing up a thread. YIPPE :D.

Me laughing was sacarsm, by the way. I don't laugh at ridiculous things/people.

Alright,My point: Minegishi can and will change,for her captain duties.

Just say your point and get over it!

Top Ten Hello!Project Idols: Chii x Miya x Eripon x Maasan x Aari x Kanana x Captain x Daishi x Chisa x MaiMai

Top Ten Stage48 Idols: Nakanyan x Aanya x Takamina x Karen x Ryoochan x Haruppi x Ripopo x Jessica Vania Widjaja x Sasshi x Mayuyu

Tokunaga_Chinami_-_Golden_Chinatown_Sayo

#163 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Rule breaking? OH MY GOD,Morning stop! You realise that you are judging her from her past! Okay,so she had a scandal. Scandals are bound to happen in groups! It just happens! You mustn't judge her!

You hae no idea what goes on when AKB48 is off the camrea,so just STOP IT! You are RIDICULOUS! 

Uh..Gaki/Sayu was an example of changing. Minegishi can step it up! You are not magic,you can not predict the future! You are not really reading what I am saying,you are just skimming through and finding stuff that makes a great arguement. 'Cause you know I am right. Minegishi becoming captain is probably a challenge to her, to see if she can change.

You can't judge her if she hasn't even done any captain activities yet. And I am going to stop this arguement now because it is just pointless. We are just blowing up a thread. YIPPE :D.

Me laughing was sacarsm, by the way. I don't laugh at ridiculous things/people.

Just say your point and get over it!

There is no need for insults. In no way I have insulted you in here. Have I insulted? Why do you insult me?

Sorry but I am arguing all you points, you are the one skipping the arguments I have brought forth. You haven't argued any of my points of:

1) Precedents of groups without captain working.

2) Precedents of members being good captains without having years of experience

3) Precedent Kouhai getting captaincy over senpai

4) Need of captains to be chosen not for wishful thinking and romantic expectancies, but for virtues and aptitude demonstrated at the moment of considering for said position

5) Minegishi not showing virtues to be a captain.

How do you choose a captain if not by judging what they have done and how they conduct themselves? This is what is flawed in your reasoning. You sanction Minegishi's captaincy and you are like: "Wait and see what happens". You don't choose captains just to see what happens, to see how they will do., you identify captain qualities in a member and then give the position.

Uh..Gaki/Sayu was an example of changing. Minegishi can step it up! You are not magic,you can not predict the future!

Can she step it up? Maybe. I will translate your "you are not magic" portion to: "you don't have magical powers to predict the future". Reacting to that, neither do you to see that Minegishi will be a good captain. So what does that leave us? The facts, the facts of what she has done, her bad judgements, and pondering on them we see that she didn't deserve to be captain.

"Can and will", who is the one talking in here, writing as if they have the "magical power", talking in absolutes like that and saying with completely confidence what will and will not happen? It seems to be you.

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#164 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

Berryz Celebration, did you forget this?

There isn't a point. It's stupid, that's what it is. And what's worse, is that she's being allowed to perform so soon with zero suspension (Minarun was suspended for 3 months for something that took place before she even joined AKB48!). Japanese fans are outraged and have been contacting tgsk and Saruobasan about it (they want her fired, if not that, suspended).

For example, Miichan replaced Sahhoo in all songs, and have pushed Sahhoo out of all her kenkyuusei songs for six shows in a row. Which means Sahhoo - who in my opinion is one of the girls who should be doing her best to think about promotion - has been denied her shot at getting her 100th performance. Meanwhile Miichan is allowed to sing and dance wearing a wig just after her scandal and while more rumors regarding her is being published. 

Does that mean I would like to see her perform without a wig? Not really. I think she should be suspended before returning to action. Or fired.

She got off lightly & even REWARDED WITH CAPTAINCY for her scandal is simply because she ranked higher in senbatsus

To Aki-P management these girls who are ranked higher in senbatsus are untouchable, it's one set of rules for them & another for the rest

#165 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Not only rewarded with captaincy, but she has been given a place in senbatsu lineup performances in various TV shows and festivals too lately. So, she hasn't been punished, in fact she has been rewarded for this. Whether you like her or not, it's disgusting behaviour from management when you consider all the other girls who either got fired, suspended, or just got frozen out of activities by management, and lost all popularity they once had.

Funnily enough (ha...), what's hot online in Japan now, is that it appears from articles popping up left and right, that Miichan is involved with one of the members of Golden Bomber, and apparently has written him a love letter as well...

You can read more about it here (in Japanese): 

http://news.livedoor...detail/8019541/

http://pirori2ch.com...es/1773043.html

http://entamegeinoun.../373560791.html

#166 dkmy

dkmy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

If this rumour is true then fire the girl already. AkiP thinks he can recreate what Sasshi did in hkt to miichan in team 4. I highly doubt that.

#167 IdolLoverHisame

IdolLoverHisame

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Honestly Miichan is just one big headache. She will really have to show a different side of her to prove to everyone doubting her that she does deserve her position as captain. If she can't do it she's got very little wiggle room left to make herself look worse than she already does in the public's eyes. The other members of team 4 should be conscious to take only the good of whatever example she sets as captain in and possibly take physical written note of what not to do as members of AKB/idols in general as a self reminder in case they ever find themselves forgetting the rules and code of conduct. And for those saying she should be fired, wait on it yeah? If she just keeps screwing up she'll be fired eventually.

#168 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

Ditching members? 

There was an HKT scandal last year where two or three members were meeting with fans outside of work. These girls gave the phone number of a girl not involved to a fan, where he texted her. She responded thinking it might've been another member and stopped the instant she found out it was a fan. She was being weighed by the issue and told Sasshi, who told her higher ups, who proceeded to kick this girl out of the group for something she wasn't knowingly a part of and being honest about the situation.

Miichan disgraces the group to the entire world, gets "demoted," takes work from other girls immediately, gets a role she never would've gotten otherwise, and has a realistic possibility to be back in the AKB48 senbatsu already for their next single because of a situation she was knowingly a part of.

So yes, AKS will ditch members and will give special passes to others.

I'm not going to overreact to this Golden Bomber accusation without more info, especially because I get the feeling that management is probably going to gloss it over and act like it never happened, but if it is true and management decides to do something, then I guess she can get demoted again and become the captain of Team 8 in a few weeks.

#169 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Well said. 

What further aggravates the entire situation in my mind is that Miichan bawled her eyes out in a stupid video that staff somehow had agreed to upload, after Miichan had gone skinhead, yet after that terrible video, it was V-sign photos and smiles with team mates like Takamina, Marikosama, Tomochin etc. and only "celebratory" nonsense. As if she had somehow been victimized and now had won something...

And then you have Ms. General Director Takamina doing her "hard work will most definitely be rewarded" speech coupled with the whole "If you can't take AKB48 and being an idol seriously, you should leave the group!!" political rhetoric to other group members, but is very much fine with Miichan's actions (remember how she wasn't fine with Nacchan and Yonechan's actions).

So, seeing how Miichan has been rewarded for this time after time again just makes me shake my head.

And of course, in recent RS performance of Koisuru Fortune Cookie, she was the center. She was also with senbatsu in Odaiba Gasshoku festival, and recent Music Station performance/talk.

#170 culex

culex

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

bottom line. She still sells. Jokes about idol entertainment industry ethics aside. End of the day she has to get paid a portion of what she's worth. Since its the entertainment industry she would be getting that income through the work they give her. They could deny her work because of her scandal but that would be unethical. She got 39000 votes for election. EVEN if they were all mobile votes (315 yen) that would mean she was worth 12 million yen to the company at that event alone that you can only really credit on her. She's just towing the line - there are no real rewards, she's backed up by production OGI who are making sure her income is proportional to that worth and making sure they get their cut.

#171 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

@culex

So it's still one set of rules for the 'untouchables' & another for the rest

Guess even if she's found with half a kilogram of amphetamine in a police raid, aki-p will get the best lawyers he can afford to try & get her aquitted

Even if she's found guilty of that & gets jail, you can be sure once she's done her time aki-p will have a 48 group team captaincy ready for her to assume, no matter what the national backlash especially from fans of the 48 Groups will be

#172 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

They've been moving away from the one-strike-out policy they've had after the HKT girls incident, which had quite a bit of backlash. And that is why the few members that had scandals afterwards weren't immediately cut (though Masuda opted to kick herself out).

I'm not really big into the idea of making Minegishi the captain of team 4, since she can still lead the younger members just by being there even without a title but maybe this can be looked at as a different sort of punishment. If Minegishi can't fulfill her role as captain or the team has a failure, she'll be the person most people will point to as being responsible for it. If any of the girls in team 4 get into any scandals, the fans will likely say that Minegishi influenced the girls, and there will be a large amount of hate centered on her. Plus, being the captain of a team is actually a very large responsibility in itself as you have to support, talk to and discipline your whole team.

Depending on how she does, it could end up being worse than having your bald, crying face littered over the newspaper.

#173 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Apparently follow-up to the above Golden Bomber thing: http://hayabusa3.2ch...ews/1379674952/

#174 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Oh wow.

It's like she's playing minesweeper on the hardest difficulty blindfolded.

#175 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I am a fan of AKB48 but I never really posted in these AKB48 forum posts. In regards to being appointed captain of Team 4, when I heard the news I felt disbelief. This girl broke a rule in her contract and her punishment was getting demoted, it's been less than a year since the scandal happened and then she gets given this really amazing role of being a captain. The management looks stupid when they punish a girl for breaking a contract publicly and then make her a captain of Team 4, it just makes their publicity looks contradictory and the management look stupid. Not just that but Minegishi isn't the best person to become a Captain, she broke a rule and does that make her good role model for these newbies in this group? No. These other members of Team 4 need someone to show them how to be excellent idols, and Minegishi doesn't fit the bill because she broke the rule of being an idol. I'm sure Minegishis fans are over the moon for this, but it just doesn't seem fair.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#176 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Indeed. 

She's the worst person they could appoint as captain, and furthermore, Akimoto has made her part of senbatsu again (upcoming single). It's not only unfair, but it's just laughable. Much can be said about this thing, but I am not really sure where to start nor where to end. Of course she has qualities, but one should not reward people for making huge deliberate mistakes (which when it has gone as far as it has now, are no longer mistakes, but just a general "I don't give a shit" attitude), that on top of it all are not regretted at all, ever. She made a hysterical video, but that was a self-centred call for attention, nothing else. Ever since that video it's only been "me, me, and me too!" from her. 

Someone in the 2ch thread I posted above with recent news, said something that was sort of sad: "AKB's answer to Yaguchi..."

#177 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

It's good to be bulletproof.  :whistle:

#178 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

The management looks stupid when they punish a girl for breaking a contract publicly and then make her a captain of Team 4, it just makes ...

I doubt she broke a contract, legally that is. :) While so far no AKB48 (AKS?) contract has appeared in the public to my knowledge I'm quite sure you won't find a rule in there that states that girl isn't allowed to have a relationship, that certainly would be against Japanese laws. :) Idol rules are not necessarily parts of the legal contract, that is; perhaps there's some paragraph there about cases of "damaging the public image" of AKB48 (or the company that runs AKB48, AKS?) or something in that direction which then could be used to some extend in such cases as reason for sacking a girl.

signature3.png

#179 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Of course I doubt they have such contracts. It would be terribly bad PR plus problematic for them if such a contract was to be made public.

"Idol rules" is more like an unwritten rule, plus, as dev-null says, it might instead be something related to public image and so on, which fully embraces the delicious intricacies of legal speak instead.

Instead, I really do believe it's like this: A lot of stuff happens backstage so to speak, and the consequences in the end depends on who does what, what the degree of "severity" of said action is, for how long it has happened, if it has happened after management warned to stop, if it gets public or not, what reactions in public are to what was revealed, and so on. 

There's no fairness at all involved here, and anything management says about these things is just PR nonsense and damage control. But then that shouldn't be a surprise to anybody as this is what's to be expected from any company anywhere.

Miichan though, is walking on thin ice, and I wonder if she's stalked 24/7 by paparazzi. It certainly would be smart to do so, considering what they can come across. Good for them, anyways...

#180 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

@nev dull I didnt mean an actual contract, they cant legally force a girl to sign a contract not to date it would be unethical >_< What I meant is that this no dating rule is just a rule really that comes with the business of an idol. AKB48 wouldnt be considered idols if they were allowed to date. Minegishi didnt really do anything illegal it just bruises the image of the company and just shows she doesnt havent a good attitude for her work.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users