pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

^
Kind a in the wrong thread...

yap, exactly..

the bottom has to do with the number of posts. They just to tell how active you are, which is not a big deal over here.

>
Back to Majijo.. ep 5 is out.

yap, no death on ep 4 but one more down on ep 5.

#782 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

I don't find this season as enjoyable as previous ones, a bit too dark and taking itself a bit too seriously. I enjoyed the silliness of earlier seasons.

I guess this is the last season or the switch from Majijo to another setting.

#783 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for answering Pink-ku.

Apologies for going off topic. I'll keep that in mind.

After watching episode 5 I really have no idea what's going to happen now.

Also, It seems that Katsuzetsu is on Salt's level. Hmm... Interesting.

#784 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

If I'm honest the only Majisuka Gakuen seasons I enjoyed were seasons 1 & 2. Those were easily the most polished as an overall product. Season 3's setting & story allowed for something different & refreshing, but the majority of the cast members acting ability was pretty atrocious so it was difficult to get through. They should have chosen a more balanced cast to avoid having less than a full handful of good actors in this one, but as I saw in season 4 they didn't really get the memo about that.

Season 4 didn't offer much. It suffered from way too much bad acting to live up to the gloriousness of seasons 1 & 2 now that the series had gone back to the school setting & main character struggling to climb the stairs formula; Not to mention that it honestly felt more like a nostalgia trip & back to basics installment for the series. It also suffered greatly from lack of character development. There was nothing offered to me as a viewer that made me feel like rooting for Sakura & I couldn't root for Salt to do what Yuko unfortunately couldn't in season 1. The Salt character was just so odd. I never got why the queens followed or cared about her & the way she kept talking through her teeth was just awful. Reminded me of Shiva Shingetsu Astarte in the sailor moon vampire musicals.

Season 5 is very different. I like the darker direction, but as a whole I don't care for the product. I don't feel a connection to it. I watch it more with hopes that the story comes together as something concrete in the end & because there are some interesting weapons making appearances throughout & there's always been something cool to me about shows/movies featuring foreign country gang violence due to their choice of weaponry being far more widespread than in shows/movies featuring American gang violence where all we really get is your typical handguns, magnums/revolvers, & pocket knives.

#785 hsy

hsy

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:39 PM

as long as sakura in it, I am for it  :c18:

#786 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:31 AM

Majisuka 5 almost over.... bodies count really piling up on the last episode.

Majisuka extra chapter is up next, here is the news:

AKB48 TV drama Majisuka Gakuen Extra Chapter "Majisuka Gakuen 0 Kisarazu Rantouhen" (マジすか学園0 木更津乱闘編) will be aired on NTV at 29 November 2015, and will also be available on NTV and Hulu.

#787 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:58 PM

Majisuka 5 is over....

Spoiler

Majisuka 0 is up next, here some off-shot.

http://akb48-daily.b...0-off-shot.html

#788 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:02 AM

Was the show cancelled on NTV or why did they only broadcast 2 episodes of Season 5?

Just saw this stated as fact on Wikipedia… and I was wondering for some time why we only getting the HULU rips, but I thought the source just dropped the show. :)

signature3.png

#789 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:30 AM

Was the show cancelled on NTV or why did they only broadcast 2 episodes of Season 5?

Just saw this stated as fact on Wikipedia… and I was wondering for some time why we only getting the HULU rips, but I thought the source just dropped the show. :)

No, that what happened. They don't broadcast after episode 2, only on Hulu. My understanding is, also other people comments, the story getting too razzie and violent.

#790 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:49 PM

I'm planning to start working on english subs for the Majisuka Gakuen stageplay this week.

Mainly because this is probably Gekikara's last appearance.

Does anyone know if its already uploaded somewhere OR if someone is already working on it?

#791 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

I'm planning to start working on english subs for the Majisuka Gakuen stageplay this week.

Mainly because this is probably Gekikara's last appearance.

Does anyone know if its already uploaded somewhere OR if someone is already working on it?

That would be awesome. Thanks.

If there is, the file mostlikely on the tracker here. The forum here is not that active perhaps you could try at Stage48 as more active there and more acknowledgeable members there.

#792 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:45 AM

Good Call.

Should have done that first.

Thanks.

#793 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:14 AM

Good Call.

Should have done that first.

Thanks.

Saw your post there and looks like no one responding also. Hence, no one working on it. I would said go ahead with the project. Thanks, subbing takes a lot of time.

#794 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

Saw your post there and looks like no one responding also. Hence, no one working on it. I would said go ahead with the project. Thanks, subbing takes a lot of time.

Yeah, I'm starting to realize that hahaha. I did a 10 minute Rena sub a few years back, and its nothing like the 2 hours of the stage play. Researching and double checking the exact translations - especially for the kyoto dialect - takes most of the time but I must admit that I'm enjoying making the subs.

Updates:

Started last Friday but had a little hardware problem last Saturday so it got delayed.

Still fixing the problem but subs are 25% complete as of today.

It should be done by Wednesday or Thursday.

I'll have a couple of "friends" QC the subs by Friday.

Then finalize the timing, fonts and everything else by Saturday.

If all goes well, I'll start uploading by Saturday evening.

Its already taking longer than I thought but I don't want to tarnish Gekikara's last appearance with a lousy sub so I won't upload it until I'm 100% sure of the quality.

#795 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:30 AM

Updates:

As of this post Subs at around 60%

Reasons:

QC1 postponed until next week. (Busy with concerts :/)

Lost contact with QC2 since Wednesday. (Not really a wota)

No point in losing sleep to finish this weekend since QC is unavailable.

Will continue working this weekend.

#796 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

Sorry for the enormous delays. Its been about 18 days since I started working on this project. 

Updates:

QC1 didn't help with the QC. At all.

QC2 has not replied at all and ignored all my messages.

Last Thursday, QC3 was kind enough to help...

Unfortunately, QC3's English is about as good as my Japanese. (Oh the Irony)

QC3 only helped for about an hour and he corrected about 18 lines/words within that time frame.

QC3 also had trouble with the kyoto-dialect and yankee slang.(Maybe that's why he stopped.)

I want to make the best subs possible but without QC, I'll have to further improve my Japanese first :/ However, the delay's already been too long so, if none of the QC's confirm that they'll further help with the subs by Wednesday, I'll upload whatever I've made... I'll probably make a version 2 or something later on to improve the subs...

#797 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:56 AM

For better or for worse, this will be my last update until upload.

Update

QC4 has committed to QC the subs next week Monday.

Pros

The subs will be more accurate.

Cons

Upload will be delayed until next week.

I really wanted to avoid passing the 3 week mark but shit happens I Guess.
I won't lay claim on another video to sub until I upload this one.

​So in the mean time I'll start working on a different project.

#798 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

Cheers for the hard work. Perhaps that is why no one else doing the subbing.

I told before, subbing takes a lot of time especially for a long video.

#799 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:41 PM

The Majisuka Gakuen Chifu Shugakuryokou English sub file is finally up.

Took far too long due to QC and there's definitely room for improvement but I think we did a pretty good job.

Taking what I've learned here I'm working on improving my workflow to be more efficient next time.

I'm also looking around for subbing tools and techniques in my free time to improve the subs.

I'd appreciate comments and suggestions about the subs so I can work on improving it.

I'll be pretty busy for the next week or two but hopefully I can do another sub soon.

Note: I have some ongoing ISP issues so dl may be on the slow side but I'm working on it.

#800 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

Hey guys, I'm back.

I know it's a little too late but I'm planning to sub the 6 (Not sure if there are more) Gaiden Episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 4 to get back on track after a long hiatus from subbing.

Does anyone know if it's been done? I can't find English subs but I want to make sure that it hasn't been done yet.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users