Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

Majisuka 5 opening OST - Yankee Machine Gun:

#765 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

It's weird that this is starting in the middle of the season, is this an only hulu thing?

#766 nooblikethat

nooblikethat

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:14 AM

Looks more cinematic than the other series, I will enjoy these girls beating on old men.

#767 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:26 PM

It is ON today...

Oh Nooooooooooooooo.....

#768 tkb013

tkb013

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

I have a question that I hope someone may be able to answer.

Alllll the way back in season 1, after fighting Maeda, Gekikara says "I'll destroy everyone!" but I can't make out exactly what she's saying. Can anyone help me out here?

As for the current season, I'm not too interested in gun battles or yankee vs. yakuza but that trailer looks badass.

#769 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

^
The Majisuka series have been subtitled perhaps you can check the subtitled file. If you know what episode it is, I could check it out.

#770 tkb013

tkb013

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for your response, pink-ku. I've watched the subbed episodes, I just can't figure out the actual Japanese words Gekikara speaks to Maeda which is translated as "I'll destroy everyone". I also made a mistake about when it happens, it's not after she fights Maeda, but when they first meet, just after Gekikara beat up the Kabuki Sisters in episode 8. The line is spoken at 5:35. If you can solve this mystery for me, awesome. If not, thanks anyway for trying.

#771 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:22 AM

Ah.. that I can't help since I don't know much Japanese. Perhaps someone will pick up to answer since you have specified the occurrence.

>
Looks like this MJ5 series will be one death per-episode.

#772 tkb013

tkb013

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

Thanks anyway, pink-ku. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer my question.

Back to this season: I was caught off guard by the ending of episode one. Maybe I should have seen it coming, but somehow I didn't.

I also unfortunately read a spoiler that my fave character of this group gets offed soon. (Booo!)

Looks like this MJ5 series will be one death per-episode.

Hope you're wrong about that. Too much death and it might start to seem a little gimmicky.

#773 mompirri59

mompirri59

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

:sob:

#774 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for your response, pink-ku. I've watched the subbed episodes, I just can't figure out the actual Japanese words Gekikara speaks to Maeda which is translated as "I'll destroy everyone". I also made a mistake about when it happens, it's not after she fights Maeda, but when they first meet, just after Gekikara beat up the Kabuki Sisters in episode 8. The line is spoken at 5:35. If you can solve this mystery for me, awesome. If not, thanks anyway for trying.

I've been studying japanese for the past 2 years thanks to AKB. Here's a short explanation.

"Minna, Koware chae ba ii nda"

1) Minna refers to "Everyone",

2) Koware is a word meaning "Break"

3) Chae is a common suffix derived from chau for verbs like the english "-ing"

*Chau is pronounced as Chae when used in conjuction with "Ba"

4) Ba has the same meaning as Nara which rough translates to "if" while referring to the preceding verb

5) Ii means "Good" or "Fine"

6) Nda is short for noda and is used on both statements and questions alike with a similar function to "isn't it"

*e.g.: Today is hot isn't it? (More of an observation to be acknowledged rather than a question)

Today is our Exam isn't it? (An outright question seeking an answer)

*They seem pretty much the same with little distinction. Same with the use in nda. It largely depends on how it is said whether it becomes a question or statement.

A japanese sentence involves a lot of backtracking

Romaji: "Minna, Koware chae ba ii nda"

Literal Meaning: "Everyone break to fine isn't it"

Translation: It's okay to break everyone isn't it? (Question)

or

I'm going to break everyone Well/Thoroughly aren't I(Statement)

There's no single translation simply because every word has multiple meanings/translations

*E.g: "ii" can mean good, fine, alright and a ton of other words with similar meanings.

same with "Koware" I prefer to translate it as "Break" but it can also be translated as destroy, crush and many more.

Its pretty hard to translate to english because of the difference in grammar structures. I won't go into details anymore since it would take too long to explain with a lot of examples.

Hope this answered your question.

#775 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

^
Thanks! I knew someone would hold the answer. I saw that it is your 1st post, so enjoy the forum and please post often.

^
^
Hulu has the episode out 1 per-week, so far only up to episode 4. That what H!O has, the subtitled episode only just one.

#776 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

^
Thanks! I knew someone would hold the answer. I saw that it is your 1st post, so enjoy the forum and please post often.

^
^
Hulu has the episode out 1 per-week, so far only up to episode 4. That what H!O has, the subtitled episode only just one.

Yeah. I've been a fan for over 3 years but only recently have I tried accessing the wota community. Although I must say, I thought there will be a lot more activity here on HO. There's a ton of DLC, the interface is decent, site is fast and reliable, so why aren't more people here? 

Not complaining. Just wondering out loud.

Also, why wasn't Gekikara cast in MG5. I know she probably can't behave in a funeral but I hope that she gets in the show later on. I Know she already graduated but so had Maeda and Yuko. Gekikara is easily the most memorable character in the MG universe ever. Also my Kami-oshi.

Although I must say I'm looking forward to seeing Katsuzetsu in action. "Starting today, I'm Rappappa's President"

Attached Files

#777 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

They are here, just don't post much since most of the news already there somewhere (since we are mostly international fan).

Also some already went inactive, life goes on I suppose. I think I saw you on stage48 (if you are using the same name). Stage48 is too hectic for me.

>
I wonder if Katsuzetsu will be one episode deal or more in the series. So are you Haruppi oshi?

#778 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:17 AM

They are here, just don't post much since most of the news already there somewhere (since we are mostly international fan).

Also some already went inactive, life goes on I suppose. I think I saw you on stage48 (if you are using the same name). Stage48 is too hectic for me.

>
I wonder if Katsuzetsu will be one episode deal or more in the series. So are you Haruppi oshi?

Ah... I see. Yes I'm using the same name on stage48.

Haruppi oshi... In a manner I guess.

I'm a self-proclaimed DD but I have an Oshi system that I use.

My Kamioshi Matsui Rena is at the Top 

Followed by the Four heavenly Queens (One per Group)

Kashiwagi Yuki, Yamamoto Sayaka, Suda Akari, and Kodama Haruka

*I'll add another when I get to know NGT.

Team 8 has its own category. since its members are from all the 47 prefectures

Kougou: Tanikawa Hijiri(Akita)

*so far my only team 8 oshi.

Every one of those Queens have VP's from their own groups

Yokoyama Yui, Watanabe Miyuki, Takayanagi Akane, and Tomonaga Mio

One Wild Card per group. (Special Members just short of beating the top. think of MG's transfer student)

Muto Tomu, Shiroma Miru, Mukaida Manatsu, Yabuki Nako

Followed by another set of 4 Queens each. (members who I think are more ore less equal)

AKB

Nagao Mariya

Okada Nana

Takahashi Juri

Oshima Ryoka

SKE

Furukawa Airi

Shibata Aya

Yakata Miki

Fukouka Seina

NMB

Kondo Rina

Jonishi Kei

Yoshida Akari

Yagura Fuuko

HKT

Tanaka Natsumi

Motomura Aoi

Tanaka Miku

Tashima Meru

The few wota friends that I have think its funny to have such a long ranking list but there you go.

I edit this once a month or so to add and remove one or two members that I'm following.

#779 tkb013

tkb013

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:29 AM

I've been studying japanese for the past 2 years thanks to AKB. Here's a short explanation.

"Minna, Koware chae ba ii nda"

1) Minna refers to "Everyone",

2) Koware is a word meaning "Break"

3) Chae is a common suffix derived from chau for verbs like the english "-ing"

*Chau is pronounced as Chae when used in conjuction with "Ba"

4) Ba has the same meaning as Nara which rough translates to "if" while referring to the preceding verb

5) Ii means "Good" or "Fine"

6) Nda is short for noda and is used on both statements and questions alike with a similar function to "isn't it"

*e.g.: Today is hot isn't it? (More of an observation to be acknowledged rather than a question)

Today is our Exam isn't it? (An outright question seeking an answer)

*They seem pretty much the same with little distinction. Same with the use in nda. It largely depends on how it is said whether it becomes a question or statement.

A japanese sentence involves a lot of backtracking

Romaji: "Minna, Koware chae ba ii nda"

Literal Meaning: "Everyone break to fine isn't it"

Translation: It's okay to break everyone isn't it? (Question)

or

I'm going to break everyone Well/Thoroughly aren't I(Statement)

There's no single translation simply because every word has multiple meanings/translations

*E.g: "ii" can mean good, fine, alright and a ton of other words with similar meanings.

same with "Koware" I prefer to translate it as "Break" but it can also be translated as destroy, crush and many more.

Its pretty hard to translate to english because of the difference in grammar structures. I won't go into details anymore since it would take too long to explain with a lot of examples.

Hope this answered your question.

Thank you! This more than answered my question. I really appreciate it!

#780 The Seventh

The Seventh

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

I have a question as well.

Sorry for being... uneducated, but what's the purpose of the titles above and below the profile picture?

Mine's "Auditioning" "Shinmem" 

I've seen 8th gen, graduate, sempai.

Is there anywhere I can look up for the purpose for these and what differentiates them all.

I'm guessing it has something to do with date of registry and number of posts?

Thanks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users