• Please log in to reply
509 replies to this topic

#41 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:05 AM

Oh, I understand it perfectly...doesn't mean I have to like it. That's what you guys don't seem to understand. I never denied the fact that she was the most popular in the group, not once. However, it doesn't mean I have to be a fan of her.

My post wasn't really aimed at you in particular. I have no problem with people who are indifferent towards Acchan.

Although I will say that if you feel that she doesn't deserve her place, you are totally wrong.

I do, however, have a problem with people who actively dislike her just because she's the most popular member. It's dumb.

#42 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:11 AM

About this endless Acchan-thing: I think the group doesn’t have to relay so much on her. She is very valuable and if this is pop music, she is another hook. But just trying to imagine the possibility of her having an injury for, let’s say, six months is quite hard (not saying that is impossible to overcome or that the rest of the group doesn’t have the charisma to pull that, but the thing is why should that be a problem or a limit to the group?). And that doesn’t relate in any way with the fact that you like her or not or you think her presence is justified or just the management pushing her.

#43 emanc

emanc

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

A few days ago, 2channel posters were discussing this after seeing the western fan member rankings from STAGE48 and Nihongogo. They pointed out that the amount of anti-fans was ridiculous. And I agree with them.

I think that ranking from S48 and Nihongogo is not indicative of popularity at all since the system allow the fans to vote down any girl they don't like or really hate. For a front girl like Acchan or Jurina, this type of voting is totally against them. Imagine that there are 100 members who will vote. Since Acchan is popular let us assume for a moment that 40 fans would vote for her. But then the other 60 fans who are rooting for their favorite girl (not Acchan) would then try to vote Acchan down just so their favorite might look better in the rankings. Others would do so just cause they hate her for being popular. Now you get what we call a :lol: ranking.

The ranking would have been more realistic if it's done like how it's always been done in any democracy. One vote for the person you like.

Although the results turned out quite well for my favorite, Takamina so I'm not really complaining... :good:

#44 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

I honestly don't understand anti-fans at all. I don't dislike any of the girls... there are a few which fall under my radar, or I'm indifferent towards. But ultimately, I'll feel positive when they do well, no matter who it is. To actually harbour feelings of dislike towards someone we ultimately don't really know, and have no real idea about the kind of work or feelings they put into it... I don't get it. That's brain power I'd rather devote to Sae.

I always assumed that the Japanese fanbase took it all seriously enough to develop dislikes and the western fanbases would be a bit more rational, but the whole anti thing seems to plague both H!P and AKB fanbases.

#45 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

I just dislike her as a performer, not as a person. I mean, how could I? That would be irrational and just plain dumb.

Though, the one reason I don't like seeing Acchan (or anyone for that matter) being continually put into the spotlight over everyone else is quite simple...its called AKB48, not AKB1 or AKB5 or whatever. When you have as many girls as AKB does, its dumb to continually focus on only a handful. It really makes you wonder why they bother auditioning all these girls to begin with if your eventually going to just focus on a couple. I guess thats the reason its always bugged me (that, and of course I hate seeing my favorites pushed to the side constantly)

Yeah, I'm sure someone is going to come in and tell me again I'm "not understanding the Idol industry", but really, I don't care.
Posted Image

#46 visionfactory

visionfactory

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

The idea of Acchan being the front girl is that when you think of AKB48 you think of Acchan, Takahashi and Jurina.

It's similar to when Morning Musume started they used the same dresses all the time so people can create an image of Morning Musume in their heads.

ºC-uteYajima Maimi

Juice=JuiceMiyamoto Karin

Berryz工房Sugaya Risako

#47 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

*ahem*
The one reason I dislike Acchan being is the spotlight is because:
Top Member in AKB: Acchan, a decent singer and bad dancer
If TakaMina was the front girl I would not be upset AT ALL. But AKB's frontgirls are not the most talented ones.

#48 Guzol

Guzol

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:38 AM

Takamina can't be the first one =\

^ and i don't agree with you Acchan is a good singer =)
Posted Image

#49 Lyrad

Lyrad

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

What i cannot comprehend is that why do you guys fail to understand why maeda is the face of akb.

The most fundamental aspect which precedes everything she has done and which u guys fail to see, is that if i were to put it simply, she has a particular face that will appeal to most people. Not all but most.

If you truly understand and look from a Japanese perspective, you will notice that all main characters in whether be it a game or drama or movie needs a look that can generally be like-able to the mass audience especially on first impression. That does not mean that the producers are saying she is the prettiest or is best at whatever.

She just has that face/look/image that is most generally easiest to like. That is the most core fundamental basis.

Take potato chips as an example, she is the original flavor. You may think bbq is the best but yes thats you and you are not wrong.But there is always something that more people will like, and i think Maeda who at first never wanted to be the front girl because she was bad with handling pressure, worked hard at it anyway believing the foresight of akimoto and look where they are today.

Quit your whining because she is here to stay. You guys can go ahead and support your 2 second screen time girls all you want but at least be mature enough to accept the fact that she's the center for a damn good reason.

I bet AKB understands this is a team effort and everyone each has an important role to play. There are far greater things to accomplish than just being the center. Imagine if everyone in a soccer team wanted to be the striker lol?

Think guys. Think hard. Theres so much chocolate cake given in your face but you gotta like the limited raisin one. That is completely understandable but you shouldn't complain and compare. Its just your luck that you, by being true to your tastes and interests happen to favor something that less people do. Theres no wrong or shame in that. People are different.

Listen, i found my own path in Japanese media unlike everyone in my country under the heavy influence of western Korean and Taiwanese entertainment culture. It's been no easy time for me but i'm proud of it. I'm glad i found what i really like and not just follow everyone else. So i say, channel all that negativity into supporting AKB as a whole. Who cares what others say. My personal motto, " The less people like, the more for me." :rolleyes: Thanks for reading this wall of text, i just felt theres a lot of undeserved misunderstanding towards Acchan, Our Center. Someone has to clear it up.

#50 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Awesome post. I couldn't have said it better myself.

#51 kazuma2387

kazuma2387

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 863 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:31 AM

I dont think anyone can say "DVD" and "PV" cuter than her

#52 Universus

Universus

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

Nice post there Lyrad.
Personally I like Acchan, I find her cute and interesting, I really enjoy reading her blog.

#53 eyeless

eyeless

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 486 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

Nice one Lyrad.

The happiest AKB fans is Acchan fans ... so ... don't resist the wave :) it's soooo strong ..

#54 sleepy

sleepy

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

Acchan is my favourite. I quickly notice her and make her as my #1 fav member after knowing AKB48 ^^

#55 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

Acchan, the cover:

Posted Image

Order or suffer :(
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#56 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:38 AM

Sorry to ask, but 3 PBs?

#57 Universus

Universus

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

I'm buying :lol: all those three PBs yes!

#58 dbesthair23

dbesthair23

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

lol wow, there's commotion here as well for who should be in center/ace just like in H!P. Then again not really surprised, most people only see things one sided and only for themselves and not see the big picture of the group and their development. I honestly wouldn't mind Mayu or Sayaka to have center spot myself, but yeah Acchan is definitely that cute/innocent/natural beauty every producer want as their center. You always want that center to be flexible that can meet the standards of everybody. As MM had Nacchi, Gocchin, Ai-chan, BK having Risako, S/M having Yuukarin and C-ute's Airi, every one of them has the same characteristics that help magnify everybody's own personality, but the centers are always flexible for everybody's taste XD

I just started to look into AKB48 only like 4 days ago, and I was a complete H!P hardcore fan, and hated AKB48. But through watching Majisuka Gakuen and being engulfed by Acchan's charms, as well as other shows and PV's, really helped me look twice about this group and eventually loving them a lot. And soon after, though I saw Acchan first and liked her, she didn't become my top favorite. Hope that makes sense lol ^^

#59 ezon

ezon

~Blue Lover~

• Senpai
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:05 AM

@anhh : From ur link, yes it's 3 pbs, acchan is that awesome right? ^^;

@dbesthair23 : Agree with what u say, but i think the main diff btw h!p and akb48 is that, acchan is voted 1st by a public poll last year, even if it's in the name of "13th singles", it's amazing enough. (Wonder who'll be 1st in h!p if voted? :wub: )

Love her acting in "Majisuka Gakuen", both as "blur" and "cool" sides. :huh:
Posted Image

Credit goes to *PrincessMiya* the creator, *asianlover* for tips, *mikari* for helping me with the url!

#60 xyish

xyish

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

This is good blog post. Also very relevant.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users