• Please log in to reply
509 replies to this topic

#441 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Was expecting higher, but still great numbers!

Weekly #1 is still possible, as I have no idea what EXILE are doing, but they get these huge increases and then drop instantly.

Any idea on the first day sales for her other solo singles, and those of other AKB soloists?

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#442 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

AFAIK EXILE are doing some massive milking with their singles, I think satchan mentioned lottery for concert tickets included, and more. So, yeah...

#443 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

2nd day sales: Shoujo Jidai on #1 with 14,564 sold - Acchan on #2 with 12,307 sold, total of 40,444 so far. (EXILE out of Top 30, though they could reappear again as they've done now a few times).

Comparison of single from 2011, 2012, and this year 2013:

Flower  君は僕だ  タイムマシン
   11/06/22 12/06/22 13/09/18
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
月  ---,---  ---,---  ---,--- 
火  102,483  *65,635  *28,137 
水  *28,571  *23,784  *12,307 
木  *14,201  *10,490  ***,*** 
金  *10,104  **7,116  ***,*** 
土  **8,695  *10,563  ***,*** 
日  **7,311  **9,537  ***,*** 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
計  171,365  127,125  *28,137 
週  176,967  136,212  ***,*** 
累  213,787  170,944  ***,*** 

#444 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

^ You should have better not show that to us.

This really screw all our hopes. Now, the hopes would go around 70k. Sad!

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#445 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

It's not a bad result, just not as much as I'd have thought.

However, looks like this is doing well digitally too. Haven't been tracking how well it's been doing, but it's #3 on the full single download, down from #1 or #2. And it's #10 on the chaku-uta chart.

matt2.jpg

#446 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

#1: Shoujo Jidai w/ 9,158 sold
#2: Yuzu w/ 6,902 sold
#3: Acchan w/ 5,796 sold

Total so far for Acchan: 46,240

EXILE still out of the Top 30.

#447 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

^ Nearly 50k in 3 days is great for an ordinary artist, but Acchan isn't an ordinary artist.

Somehow sad. And I really hate myself for saying, but I don't think Acchan will be able to reach #1 weekly.

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#448 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Well, Acchan used to be an idol. She is no longer an idol. These drops in sales happens to virtually everybody who once had great sales as an idol.

The one girl in AKB48 who if she had stayed longer in the group would most likely have gotten #1 in the first election, was Maimai. That girl was ridiculously popular at the time, and yet look what happened when she graduated and had a solo career: Very low sales. She however had the misfortune of graduating before AKB48 had its nation-wide massive boom, so she never got that known across the country, in the way Acchan got. But the same principle applies: Once you graduate, your sales tend to drop, a lot.

So, if Acchan is no longer an idol, I'm afraid she's an ordinary artist. That's not a putdown, but that's just what she is these days. An ordinary artist who also acts. Where that will take her, we can only wait and see.

#449 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

I think she'll sell 55-60k in the first week, and 63-68k overall.

Also #5 on the single download chart. Doing better than AKB soloists have been doing recently on the digital charts.

matt2.jpg

#450 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

#1: Acchan, w/ 4,273 sold
#3: Shoujo Jidai w/ 2,745 sold

Total so far for Acchan: 50,513

#451 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

#1: EXILE w/ 12,874 sold 

#2: BiS w/ 4,959 sold

#3: Acchan w/ 3,750 sold

#4: Shoujo Jidai

And just like that, EXILE reappears with another solid lump of copies sold, and Acchan can forget the #1 Weekly I think. Total so far for her: 54,263

#452 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I just noticed that EXILE's single was released in April. Why is it suddenly reappearing with this kind of sales?

#453 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well, she doesn't necessarily need to rank #1. Just ranking within the top 10 is good enough for a former idol, even if it's Maeda herself.

Honestly speaking, I'd rather she focus on her acting career though, rather than be doing both singing and acting half-assed and getting subpar results on both ends as a result.

She did a pretty good job on her role in Kasuka na Kanojo, and she should be auditioning for more roles on movies and dramas instead, as well as communicating more with staff and current actors / actresses so that she can get recommendations. The world of television is a pretty rough place, and she should know that by now, especially after seeing how girls like Ono Erena and Oshima Mai are doing.

You can't get by on name or talent alone. You always have to keep improving your skills and keep putting yourself out there or you'll disappear completely after a few years.

#454 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

BU_Al_OCCAAAg_A_c_jpg_large.jpg

Article translation, not mine:

On the 24th, it was revealed that former AKB member Maeda Atsuko (22) was seriously dating Kabuki actor Onoe Matsuya (28). It has been one year since her graduation from AKB, which enforced a love ban rule. After transitioning from being a top idol to an actress, Maeda chose a lover for the first time in her life – a young, handsome Prince of Rien. It is the first romance for the original super ace of AKB. It is the birth of a big couple.

One year removed from the love ban. Maeda became my lover. Those are the words of young Kabuki actor Matsuya. He wears the sweet face of a Korean star and is tall and long-limbed. He has a lot of young female fans and is a leading actor who can also play female roles.

The two have known each other since the beginning of this year and “seems to have developed into full-scale dating.” Matsuya and Maeda both enjoy watching movies and theater and hit it off as soon as they met one another. Matsuya’s father died in 2005 but his mother has met Maeda. Maeda has also notified her mother about the relationship to ensure that both families are accepting of the couple.

Link:

http://deaneslist.tu...ionship-article

My internet is sucky, sucky, this ought to be my last post for a while.

EDIT: Apparently the guy himself mentioned their relationship in his blog this morning.

EDIT 2: Apparently news are writing about this, they think that either this news are false or the actor is having an affair with Maeda and another chick. Stay tuned.

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#455 blackknight07

blackknight07

The guy who posts videos @_@

• Senpai
  • 2078 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RJ7UtjWpPos

#456 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

The guy's agency has admitted that they know Maeda and the guy have been in a relationship. Maeda's agency has not denied anything.

There is a rumor that the guy has been a fan of AKB and has attended theater before.

EDIT: Apparently online news site MODELPRESS says that Maeda's agency has responded saying they haven't heard anything of any relationship between the two.

Posted Image

#457 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

The actor's mother said she would leave private matters to the people (person) in question, possibly talking about his son or him and Maeda's relationship. And she finallizes saying she wants people to look after them warmly:

http://www.nikkanspo...26-1195152.html

File this relationship under confirmed unless this is the most messed up lie ever conceived in the AKB related world.

A TV reporter says there are picture of the two of them together, bound to appear next week.

Seems like reporters tried to get some expressions out of Mayuyu as she did promo for the Persy Jackson film and the Funasshi thingy that accompanied KojiHaru during janken and that was accompanying Mayuyu there during promo work got in the way of reporters and interrupted. XD

BVDku_RCCQAAAz_Hv_jpg_large.jpg

At the end, go to 4:01, the old lady asks for a word on Maeda and asks her whether she knew about her relationship:

When first asked Mayuyu was like "hmm", and not answering. lol Those reporters should know better than thinking Mayuyu is gonna get into trouble talking stuff that don't concern her. XD

Posted Image

#458 emanc

emanc

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I just noticed that EXILE's single was released in April. Why is it suddenly reappearing with this kind of sales?

It's being given out in their concert tour. Look at Soundscan and you will not see Exile there. Acchan has the highest total there. Billboard has Acchan at number 1 for the week.

It's the same method AKB48 was doing to boost sales when they are still not popular. For every event held, they try to sell as much of their current singles.

Acchan's first week is still very good for a non-AKB48 release without the AKB48 marketing muscle. She still beats out every member of AKB48's Not Yet though. LOL...

#459 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Maeda twits:

ギリギリになってしまいました。 あさきゆめみし2話みて下さいね! 二話はまだ初恋をしたばかりのお七なので可愛い編、3話以降徐々に大人に、、です。 ちなみに先日スタッフの皆さんとともに、オールアップする事ができました

And says nothing on the matter. But asks fans to watch the drama. To me she will take the approach of "I won't talk about my relationship".

Posted Image

#460 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

What happened to the other guy? The one with the weak arms. Or is that the same? I can't remember. :)

signature3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users