• Please log in to reply
509 replies to this topic

#21 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

It's more like the Western fanbase has too many people with an indie kid mentality who hate her just because she's popular. I mean 47th place? Really?

I can understand indifference towards her, but the people who complain about her all the time are like children. It's also pretty ironic how a lot of these people are huge fans of the other front girls, especially when you consider how girls like Yuko and Takamina are practically up there with Acchan in terms of publicity and popularity.

#22 Slayer666

Slayer666

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Oh yeah, to each his own of course. But to get featured in an inordinate number of PVs is rather curious; even morning musume doesn't do that. Glad that at least some people share my sentiments.

#23 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:55 PM

@Slayer666

It also doesn't hurt popularity ratings that Acchan is the prettiest, best singing, best dancing, and most outrageous member of AKB48.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#24 Slayer666

Slayer666

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

Still seems like a chicken and egg question to me since she's been featured waay back in the beginning. I'll let this one go since there's really no way to say which came first for sure.

#25 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

She's popular now and so she's been the main focus of like three or four PVs, but it didn't end up this way overnight. She earned her place.

Still seems like a chicken and egg question to me since she's been featured waay back in the beginning.

No she hasn't.

#26 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

It also doesn't hurt popularity ratings that Acchan is the prettiest, best singing, best dancing, and most outrageous member of AKB48.

I don't challenge that except for the "best singing"?

When there's Takamina and Sayaka around? No way in hell. And "most outrageous" is debatable when there's a Meetan around.

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

#27 Slayer666

Slayer666

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but did they even try to feature someone else? I'm rather perplexed as to that decision to feature especially her because no doubt that being in the limelight would only increase your popularity.

#28 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but did they even try to feature someone else? I'm rather perplexed as to that decision to feature especially her because no doubt that being in the limelight would only increase your popularity.

Sure, I'll correct you.

#29 xyish

xyish

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:00 PM

I don't challenge that except for the "best singing"?

When there's Takamina and Sayaka around? No way in hell.

Don't forget Yuka! :P
Posted Image

#30 emanc

emanc

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

"A tree that bears much fruit usually gets rocks thrown at it."

PVs aren't a measure of how much exposure AKB members have. Stage performances are equally distributed among members. Usually it's a routine that includes all team members singing together for the opening songs followed by unit songs where groups of two to four perform. Again it's only one unit song per member. Then it is followed by a barrage of team songs where all members are there to perform. If you watch stage performances of Team A, you'd be hard press to prove that Acchan is getting all the limelight. This would include all the talking parts or MCs in the stages. All these still exclude the fact that Acchan doesn't appear on any of the other stages by the other teams.

Yes, she has been given more exposure in PVs but you can't argue the fact that she's the most popular and a PV is a promotional material anyway. You can't just put any member front and center just to be fair and expect the same results. The idol world doesn't work that way, I guess...

If fans are looking for a member that is obviously being rammed down their throats, then look no further than Jurina who has no business whatsoever getting more attention than most AKB members except Acchan in PVs starting with Oogoe Diamond. She obviously has still not earned any of the limelight being given her. At least Acchan earned her spot by becoming quickly popular in the beginning to become the face of AKB48. And yes, it's quite obvious there was still no official front girl in AKB48's indies singles. It's just that Acchan quickly got on top of the AKB food chain before everybody else... :P

#31 Guzol

Guzol

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

Achchan was chosen to play the "1st girl" role, and I think she is very good at this.

She is beautiful, she has a very good voice, what more do you want?
Posted Image

#32 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

If fans are looking for a member that is obviously being rammed down their throats, then look no further than Jurina who has no business whatsoever getting more attention than most AKB members except Acchan in PVs starting with Oogoe Diamond. She obviously has still not earned any of the limelight being given her. At least Acchan earned her spot by becoming quickly popular in the beginning to become the face of AKB48.

I disagree. I happen to think that Jurina has about 10x the talent Acchan does, and yeah, Jurina is somewhat shoved down our throats, but in my opinion she deserves the spotlight she gets. She's exceptionally talented, and she seems to enjoy performing as well. Acchan is not the best dancer, she's defenitly not the best singer, and she never truly looks like she enjoys performing all that much. I always dislike seeing Acchan in the spotlight in something like a stage performance or a concert, because they always center on her, yet its everyone else around her who are performing far better, and who usually look like they're enjoying it as well.
Posted Image

#33 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Here's a good article about being Maeda. Increase in respect is likely.

CLICKY ME

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

#34 Guzol

Guzol

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

I would have been more angry if instead Acchan Jurina would take her role.

she is too young to take the center role
Posted Image

#35 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

^Without wanting to drag this too far, I don't see what age has to do with it. Jurina is perfect as the figurehead of SKE48. I think Acchan plays that role well for AKB48 though, she certainly has a memorable 'look' about her. She was the first person I really noticed in the first PV I watched, and that was when Acchan wasn't really as focused on.

#36 Guzol

Guzol

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

It's only my opinion i don't like Jurina especially her first appearance, when Acchan is worked hard, Another girl just came and received the same role without effort.
Posted Image

#37 emanc

emanc

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

I disagree. I happen to think that Jurina has about 10x the talent Acchan does, and yeah, Jurina is somewhat shoved down our throats, but in my opinion she deserves the spotlight she gets. She's exceptionally talented, and she seems to enjoy performing as well. Acchan is not the best dancer, she's defenitly not the best singer, and she never truly looks like she enjoys performing all that much. I always dislike seeing Acchan in the spotlight in something like a stage performance or a concert, because they always center on her, yet its everyone else around her who are performing far better, and who usually look like they're enjoying it as well.

Obviously you're just saying what you personally feel about Acchan and Jurina. Fans see it differently. Especially those fans in Japan. It's the idol industry for Pete's sake. There are more talentless people in the industry than Acchan (althugh I would argue your claim that she is not talented). Also, even if Jurina has 100x the talent of Acchan, what right does she have to get in front of Takamina, Yuko, Mariko and even down to the level of the girl right above her in the Senbatsu election results. And there are a lot of them.

#38 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

Obviously you're just saying what you personally feel about Acchan and Jurina. Fans see it differently. Especially those fans in Japan.

Of course I'm saying what I personally feel. Its what we like to call an opinion. I was just sharing mine. I never intended to state a fact. And fans see it differenly? Umm, what does that make me then...a bystander? As far as I am concerned, I am a fan. I may not be one of the hardcore Japanese fans, but I'm still entitled to my opinion from time to time :D

(althugh I would argue your claim that she is not talented).

I never did say that, all I meant was that she is far from the most talented in AKB48 as some like to believe. I happen to think that quite a few of the girls who aren't pushed near as much as Acchan have just as much, if not more talent than her. But again, that's just my opinion.
Posted Image

#39 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:34 AM

The opinion that Acchan doesn't deserve her place comes from a limited understanding of AKB48 and the idol industry in general. She really is the most popular member and she has worked really hard from the day that AKB48 debuted to get to the place she's at right now. A few days ago, 2channel posters were discussing this after seeing the western fan member rankings from STAGE48 and Nihongogo. They pointed out that the amount of anti-fans was ridiculous. And I agree with them.

The fact that she is on TV and at the front in PVs a lot is because she's the most popular member. It isn't a chicken and egg thing, the popularity came first. If they just put any random girl up there, the single isn't going to sell as much. I'm a fan of a recently promoted kenkyuusei and I don't expect or want her to replace Acchan anytime soon because it would be the death of the group.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

#40 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:39 AM

The opinion that Acchan doesn't deserve her place comes from a limited understanding of AKB48 and the idol industry in general. She really is the most popular member and she has worked really hard from the day that AKB48 debuted to get to the place she's at right now. A few days ago, 2channel posters were discussing this after seeing the western fan member rankings from STAGE48 and Nihongogo. They pointed out that the amount of anti-fans was ridiculous. And I agree with them.

Oh, I understand it perfectly...doesn't mean I have to like it. That's what you guys don't seem to understand. I never denied the fact that she was the most popular in the group, not once. However, it doesn't mean I have to be a fan of her.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users