• Please log in to reply
1168 replies to this topic

#1121 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

That is pretty cool. Looking forward to them, in particular the Mio photobook :)

#1122 Cube18

Cube18

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

Well, I want to buy some stuff for the first time but I don't where I can get it safety. I live in Germany and it should go there, safety...

Can somebody help me? It would make me happy  ^_^

#1123 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:37 PM

You meant "safely?"

I am in US, I have bought from CDJapan - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/index.html, Yesasia and HMV with no problem. So far I haven't lose anything yet, knock on wood. Nowaday, I use CDJapan mostly.

To Germany, perhaps someone who have bought and live there can tell more.

Also, AKB shop and Amazon.co.jp are OK. Many people get stuffs from there, but their sites are in Japanese (I don't read Japanese).

Some might required Japan address, in that case you will need 3rd party shipping. Extra cost but if you really want the stuff.

This is what lot of people use: http://www.tenso.com/en/

#1124 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

I am from Germany and I pretty much always had trouble with YesAsia. Each parcel stranded at the customs service, no matter whether there was something over or under 22€ included or not. When you have something delivered to Germany everything under 22€ is duty free/customs-free (this means good(s) & delivery fees combined). Even though I always told them they marked each parcel as being a present and as far as I read a commercial company is not allowed to do that.

CDJapan has been the best solution for me so far. I have now bought stuff there for more than four and a half years now and there has never been any problem. No matter whether I bought CDs, photobooks, magazines, DVDs or anything else.

HMV is also a good solution, especially when you have a credit card. YesAsia and CDJapan both offer e.g. PayPal as payment method.

I haven't bought anything at AKB Shop or amazon.co.jp yet but I agree with pink-ku when it comes to Tenso. Tenso already helped me many times with purchases from e-lineup (and formerly UF-Online; both H!P-related).

#1125 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:30 PM

^ .. I am not from Germany ..
but I seem to heard a lot of complains about stuff going through customs ..

I am just wondering for general knowledge ..
Is the difference due to delivery method .. Airmail, EMS, Fedex ..?

#1126 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

^
The delivery method only affects the delivery time and the total amount of money you have to pay. If the total amount is under 22€ it does not matter which delivery method you choose, the parcel should normally arrive at your house.
Concerning YesAsia several others from Germany never had trouble, others (like me) pretty much always had to pick the parcel up at the customs service.

@Cube18:
There is a new method for us to buy things from the 48 groups shop now: https://akb48.buyee.jp (they even have PayPal as payment method)

#1127 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:15 PM

^

Is it like Tenso?

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#1128 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:17 PM

^
Is it like Tenso?

Maybe it is, I can only guess. Maybe someone, who has experience with buyee, can give you a better answer than me ^^;.

#1129 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

They're similar, but not identical. Tenso is primarily a shipping proxy service, meaning that you find the item yourself, order it and pay for it yourself, but ship it to Tenso's Japan domestic warehouse, which will then ship it to you outside of the country for a fee. Buyee is primarily a buying proxy service, meaning that you purchase the item through Buyee, who then finds it and ships it to you, rather than the store. Tenso used to offer the same sort of service, but they have suspended that in favor of focusing on shipping proxy, and Buyee does not offer a straight shipping proxy, to my knowledge.

I only use Buyee for anything Yahoo Japan, particularly auctions, and then use Tenso for anything else I can't get internationally. If Buyee's AKB store actually ends up stocking birthday goods for HKT (Yuriya's birthday shirt, please), I'll use it for that, too. 

DDOhydd.gif

#1130 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

Thanks YossieKaorin and Lurkette!!

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#1131 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

^

^@Lurkette - .. since we are talking about Buyee and you have used it before ..

I would like the know how was the packaging and condition of items when you received it ..

I asked because I use FromJapan for buying proxy service .. it is cheaper I think ..

the price between them seem close enough depending on the price of the item ..

But Buyee start being expensive when Package Consolidation Fee come into play .. but it is still close enough depending on the orders ..

The problem is FromJapan is just plain annoying and irresponsible when it come to packaging ..

They are not like Tenso who would always put them in a box with more than enough spacing and protect ..

They like to pack them tightly in a plastic bubble bag or paper bubble bag .. I suppose it makes delivery cheaper for them but I don't see the delivery price being cheap at my end ..

My recent purchase of CDs comes with the case smash to bits .. with pieces of the case falling a part ..

It is extremely disappointing .. and when I emailed them ..

They say I should have pay more money for their add-on service of checking the items when they receive it ..

So that they know if it is cracked during their delivery or it arrived cracked from the initial seller ..

Oh come on .. this absolutely don't make sense as they pack it in a plastic bag and sometimes paper bag ..

It would not hold under the pressure of many items during the flight to my country ..

So I would like to know if Buyee pack them in boxes and if it is pack with enough spacing and protection .. :)

#1132 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

For what it's worth, with regards to FJ, I've used them since 2008, and never had a problem with packages being broken. And they've always been helpful.

#1133 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

I've never had a problem with the stuff from Buyee, but since I use it almost exclusively for YAJ, most of the packing was done by the original seller. In my experience, the sellers consistently wrap CDs and other breakables in plenty of bubble wrap so regardless of the exterior packaging, it comes safely. However, Buyee will notice if some items are perhaps more fragile than others and will recommend when they think extra packaging on their part is needed. I did get the extra packaging once because it was several rare CDs from multiple buyers, and they put so much protective material in it that it took me a minute to find my items. However, most of the time I find that the sellers do a good job of basic wrapping and protecting so I don't usually opt for it. When they consolidate packages, too, they do a very good job of packing things together in a safe way. 

If I ever order something from the AKB shop or Yahoo Shopping through Buyee, I'll let you know how it comes. 

DDOhydd.gif

#1134 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:31 PM

^
^….lol .. I use them since late 2010 when I became an AKB48 fan from recommendations of other AKB48 fans..
You could say I spent almost a fortune with them..
They are just so good and value for money..
They make shopping so easily furthermore the hidden cost is just so ignorable..
I always put a disclaimer and a serious warning on overspending whenever I teach people about FJ..
However they have increase their price as the years go by..
And the packaging issue is only recent.. they used to send them in a box..
I think they are cutting cost.. but I still trust them and use them for concert ticket bidding ..
They are extremely helpful for sending the tickets to my hotel in Japan..

^ thanks.. :)

#1135 Eilantha

Eilantha

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

I have an off-topic question, I remember seeing one of the the 48 groups with illuminated neon dresses, or maybe was it an unit... do you see what I'm talking about?! I know it is strange question.

#1136 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

I have an off-topic question, I remember seeing one of the the 48 groups with illuminated neon dresses, or maybe was it an unit... do you see what I'm talking about?! I know it is strange question.

lol... it is a question so there is NO off topic. Perhaps people just don't know the answer.

anyway, lighted dress. 1st time they used was on Tokyo Dome 1st concert, 1830m. very impressive. Most recent was NMB48, but I don't remember for what song or what show. [see the attached pictures]

Attached File  1830lighted dress.jpg   34.75K   0 downloads

Attached File  sayanee.jpg   85.13K   0 downloads

#1137 Eilantha

Eilantha

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

Thanks! It is precisely these dresses. It must have been cool during the concert. With your info, maybe I can find the song now. 

#1138 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

Thanks! It is precisely these dresses. It must have been cool during the concert. With your info, maybe I can find the song now.

a bit coming back to me... AKB48 show. I check. It is there.. ep 60: NMB48 special. The song is Takane no Ringo (start at 5:20).

#1139 Eilantha

Eilantha

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

Thank you! You have a good memory! I don't really know NMB48 but recently, I felt interested in them.

#1140 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

How long do nation-wide handshake events last?

I noticed on AKB48's website calendar that they recently did a handshake event for Green Flash - that song came out in March.

(of course, figuring day to day theater performances and some concerts and television tapings, etc)

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users