• Please log in to reply
2580 replies to this topic

#2441 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

This isn't uploaded by either official channel so hopefully the finished version looks a bit better. I like the song, not impressed by the MV.

I can like it for what it is. It seems to fit the title and also the "feel" of the song for me. They really seem to stick to the Tropical Bass music genre and they do it well so I hope they get the success out of it they hope for. At TIF I hope they will gain a reasonable crowd.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2442 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:51 AM

eh i'm not feeling this single at all...i got so excited when the covers/profile pics came out but i'm let down

#2443 netnabi

netnabi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

Ever since the song (not the PV) was uploaded on Youtube, I've been listening to it nonstop to see if I like it or not, or if it will grow on me. After a 100+ plays, I've come to the conclusion that it's just an alright song. Nothing spectacular, nothing that gets my foot tapping, just nothing catchy. If it's not catchy, how can I get to even like it? I look forward to the part after the build up, I don't know how to call it, the 1:16 mark -- that was the only good bit. Good. Nothing spectacular. I was looking forward to this but ended up just being disappointed. 4 out of 10 soaplands.

#2444 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

Same. Not too impressed with this single.

I am a bit worried for them. It's hard to make it in the industry as a dance and vocal unit. They lost a lot of fans when they declared they weren't artists anymore.

They have the talent to make it as artists for sure, they just need catchier singles.

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#2445 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:54 AM

I am a bit worried for them. It's hard to make it in the industry as a dance and vocal unit. They lost a lot of fans when they declared they weren't artists anymore.

They have the talent to make it as artists for sure, they just need catchier singles.

I feel like you're many months too late with this. Considering they will appear at TIF2017 it seems they are trying to sneakily pretend the artist thing never happened and are going back to idol.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2446 Logan ⭐

Logan ⭐

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:39 AM

I think they've found a pretty good common ground between artist and idol. They'll never be able to shake the idol title which is unfortunate for when they get older, but right now would add more profits. As long as they still have the same amount of input since their artist declaration, I am content!

#2447 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

I feel like you're many months too late with this. Considering they will appear at TIF2017 it seems they are trying to sneakily pretend the artist thing never happened and are going back to idol.

lol that was exactly what I was thinking. Well, idol or not, doesn't really make much of a difference for me  :P

I think they've found a pretty good common ground between artist and idol. They'll never be able to shake the idol title which is unfortunate for when they get older, but right now would add more profits. As long as they still have the same amount of input since their artist declaration, I am content!

same  :D

#2448 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

These last 2 singles were awfully weak...

It seems like they've swapped out a genre you can sit down and listen to for a genre that you can stand up and dance to.
If they want to stay in the idol game they can't be putting out music like this. Wota don't go to clubs lol :P
TGS need to pick a path and stick with it, this middle-ground bullshit is a bad idea imo

I really hope this single sells badly, maybe then they'll bring back the jazz and the funk.
Maybe the B-side for this single will be good. All I can do is hope.

#2449 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

If they want to stay in the idol game they can't be putting out music like this. Wota don't go to clubs lol   :P

There are many idol groups that have an EDM theme so it's definitely possible. And from a mainstream point of view EDM is much more accessible / popular than funk. I get what you're trying to say but I'd disagree that it's a easy as you point it out to be.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2450 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

This is beyond just EDM idol music though. This song lacks a chorus! The climax of the song (1:16) is basically a vocal-less dance section. Come on. This is straight-up club music.
There might be wota willing to listen to this (fans of Cheeky Parade?), but I think they are 100% pandering to the mainstream with their new stuff.

#2451 netnabi

netnabi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:43 AM

100% have to agree. This is not the type of music that idol fans would like to listen to. Sure, there are some idol fans that like this type of music, this club dance house whatever music, but will it sell to a big crowd like the music they had before? Doubt it. Will their crowd become bigger with this type of sound? Doubt that too. It's just not a sellable sound to the idol crowd. And if they thought it was sellable to the non-idol music crowd -- that didn't work out, they back in TIF. What a horrible decision that was in the first place, the artist declaration, to alienate your crowd. Uh -- I still can't fanthom at what a bizarre move that was -- and that's coming from a TGS fan that's bought all their cds and flew to just to see them. I love em, but the music isn't exciting anymore. :( (Totally sounds like a breakup sentence that)

EDIT: Isn't tabun zutto suki the b-side song for this single? it's alright but still not exciting.

#2452 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

tbh, rather than actually making a whole announcement about it, it probably would've been better if they had just sneakily stopped attending idol events and doing more artist stuff. That way, wota or not, they'd probably still have more supporters now. And if that didn't work, they could just sneak back into being idols like they're trying to do now. 

The announcement was where they went wrong. 

#2453 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:38 AM

I don't mind the change in sound but I prefer the type of music from Reflection than this dance music stuff

#2454 LarcKen

LarcKen

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

The can of worms have been opened :ph34r:   I thought that artist declaration thing was plain stupid. What good is good,

The audience liked and will like them for what they are, doesn't matter if you're idol or artist or a frickin clown.

And to make matters worse, they stopped doing events and attending relevant lives or festivals. 

I was like wuttt?? even E-Girls did a concert on TIF for god's sake..

That said, i'd like to see them regain their 'composure', and back to their groovy self again.

BTW never regretted purchasing their Limited Addiction single :arrow:

#2455 Logan ⭐

Logan ⭐

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 603 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:24 AM

Some of my favorite songs from TGS have been Killing me softly, Don't be cruel, Yakusoku, Shinkai, Reflection, Junpaku no Yakusoku, and Bad Flower. I think the girls tend to thrive in these kinds of concepts from my viewpoint!

#2456 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

^Same I love their funky music, as well as the type of music on the Reflection album (Dance/club music). 

I don't even mind Tropical House music, but it needs to be done right to sound good.

Regardless, I'll still continue to follow them because they always seem to be doing different things with their music and concepts!

Also can't believe they're doing TIF. Like how did they even get cleared to perform

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#2457 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

Out of their 4nin songs Reflection and Milie Feuille are amazing, predawn and waterlily are okay, and I can't even remember what shinkai sounds like. I want there to be a happy medium. Everyoether song can be mainstream and the other can be idol-y EDM (although I would love older stuff but it snot realistic)

MizukiRina

Twitter

#2458 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

well .. I think they are doing well as artist ..
Simply artist sales usually don't show up ..

Idol fans .. we listen with our hearts and not with our ears ..
that is the nice way to put it ..
it actually mean that the music does not matter .. but it matter who does it ..
An example will be the MM and Sasshi collaboration "Get you!"
MM fans like the one without Sasshi and 48G fans just can't tell the difference XD ..
Basically the song sound the same .. the only difference is the voice of the person ..

there is no fine line between artist and idol ..
Just because they declare so does not makes it so ..
The fans got to buy in on the idea ..
So the difference is the fans and not what they say or event they take part in ..
An example about event is idol group taking part in Rock festival ..
Those idol group wouldn't turn into an Rock band just because they have a few songs that is "Rockish" in nature after taking part in a Rock festival

Idol does have more sales showing as the fans rushes to buy their releases in multiple duplication for events ..
These gather up all the sales at one point of result which show a much bigger sales ..

while fans of artist does not rush the buy the release .. they may buy it months later ..
and usually they don't buy multiple duplication ..
So the sales are spread over a wide period and would not show up ..

I am not sure .. but I think they did not do the right move ..
They should slowly convert their idol fans which will help them retain them ..
But seem they opt for a move that got rid of their idol fans and try to get new fans ..
which is a bad move .. I think :)

#2459 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

It's here, still kind of disappointing but I still enjoyed it

MizukiRina

Twitter

#2460 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

^ .. thanks

its good to me ..
I haven't look at them for some time .. they are all grown up ..
I can hardly recognize them XD
I think its very Avex in style and I always said I love Avex's style
Basically it is quite good is you look at them as artist ..
when I look at artist .. I do not look at them individually but as a group and the overall content and presentation ..
It's actually better than many I saw to me ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users