2580 replies to this topic

#2401 Stellosphere

Stellosphere

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:48 AM

Wondering if to go to their Sunday noon show at HMV-kafe... :unsure:

If you can make it you definitely should I think. I'd never miss a show if possible. ^^;

Looking at the footage, I'm glad I didn't bother. Has more the feel of an in-store than a concert, so not something I'd have wanted to pay so much (with travel costs to figure in) to see. Hate to see them wearing those trashy t-shirts; I know other idol groups have also worn them, but I associate them as the kind of thing AV makers pick up cheap in Shibuya for girls to wear...and quickly discard!

Well, your loss because seeing them that close and interact with them is way better than seeing a concert, in my opinion, ahah.
Especially if there were other events like signing sessions etc. (I didn't really check what they did there, sorry) But I understand the money problem!
Also, if you associate clothes with AV, it's your problem, I think. I personally don't find these trashy ^^;

#2402 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:26 AM

Well, your loss because seeing them that close and interact with them is way better than seeing a concert, in my opinion, ahah.
Especially if there were other events like signing sessions etc. (I didn't really check what they did there, sorry) But I understand the money problem!
Also, if you associate clothes with AV, it's your problem, I think. I personally don't find these trashy ^^;

Actually I much prefer smaller venues as well, but in-stores tend to suffer from poor sound and lack of atmosphere...I'll go to them in Japan when they're free and a 10 minute walk away. I just don't have any interest in shaking hands with idols or even getting chekis and having stuff signed...so the meet and greet and whatever that involved wasn't an incentive to me.

Really, you don't find t-shirts with things like "PiSS Off" and "Jesus is my Rock" emblazoned on them trashy? I used to think TGS had a bit of class, but this kind of stuff is just embarrassing. I'm guessing my ire should be directed at their management, as I would guess they choose the stage outfits, though it would be nice to think the girls could speak their mind if things sink too low.

#2403 suihrene

suihrene

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

Actually I much prefer smaller venues as well, but in-stores tend to suffer from poor sound and lack of atmosphere...I'll go to them in Japan when they're free and a 10 minute walk away. I just don't have any interest in shaking hands with idols or even getting chekis and having stuff signed...so the meet and greet and whatever that involved wasn't an incentive to me.

Really, you don't find t-shirts with things like "PiSS Off" and "Jesus is my Rock" emblazoned on them trashy? I used to think TGS had a bit of class, but this kind of stuff is just embarrassing. I'm guessing my ire should be directed at their management, as I would guess they choose the stage outfits, though it would be nice to think the girls could speak their mind if things sink too low.

Hi everyone! I check this thread often, but never comment. I just want to leave my opinion on this as well since i'm not a big fan of the outfits. Even though they aren't my favorite outfits that TGS has ever worn, I don't pay much attention to it because i pay more attention to the girls as a whole and not their outfits (though it is a plus if their outfits are great!). I'd be grateful for any opportunity I'd have to go see them no matter what imo. 
In your view, I would say try to at least look at the bright side... These outfits are only temporary and for this release so hopefully their next outfits are gorgeous!

#2404 Stellosphere

Stellosphere

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

Sorry, when you said trashy, I didn't really think about what was written on it because I didn't check that ^^; At least it's not a "I'm a bi***" t-shirt?

#2405 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

I guess I'll best not get into that conversation. Anyways, in other news, seems like except for those select few of us living in Japan none of us will be able to get TGS stuff anymore because of that export ban avex issued now. Seriously confused about the reasoning behind it, can't think of a single reason why this would be good for them. 

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2406 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:48 AM

^ ..is there any sources on the Avex export ban.. 

Because I only got info on the ban by Avex Pictures only and not the whole Avex for this media content like bluray, DVD.. 

And it seem to be Anime related .. And media related.. 

As the same Anime collectibles like figurines are not export ban.. 

#2407 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:31 AM

^It's been confirmed that only avex pictures is affected

https://twitter.com/...693524923936768

So avex trax and all their subsidiaries should be okay

#2408 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:59 AM

Sorry, when you said trashy, I didn't really think about what was written on it because I didn't check that ^^; At least it's not a "I'm a bi***" t-shirt?

And I don't have any complaints about the bottom half of the outfits!  :lol:

#2409 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:55 PM

Good to know Amazon (or wherever that confusion originated from) just messed up and it's not a ban on music stuff.

So what do you think of the pink MV outfits? Because this time I'm the one who doesn't like them. ^^; They streamed MV shooting stuff today, kinda interesting but also boring. Goes to show how tough shooting a MV can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqw-m8RLcpo

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2410 netnabi

netnabi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

The outfits? ... I liked the top half of the outfits. (Haha~)

Kidding aside, outfits look great. I caught the stream today so it was nice to see it all being made and everything. predawn is a much better song than don't give it up.

I was thinking the other day, what probably made TGS so good for me was that their songs were consistently good. Not drop dead amazing 10/10 Jeff Buckley Hallelujah kind of amazing but still a solid 8-8.5 constant. Just a thought I had. Maybe it comes with the genre though haha.

#2411 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

^^I don't like the outfits either...mostly because of the fabric they're using I think..it just doesn't look that great. 

But well, I've seen worse and it's not like it'll affect the music anyways. 

It was really fun watching the dance scenes. I just wish it would stop the pixels...but it's a livestream so I guess it can't be helped..

#2412 netnabi

netnabi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:19 AM

Tokyo Girls' Style - predawn

Much better~~~

Can't wait for the PV -- (can I get a Royal Mirrorball version too plz?)

#2413 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:09 AM

PV is here!!!!

#2414 netnabi

netnabi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:49 AM

*girly scream*

The chorus makes it :'D 

What's with the ending though? O.O

#2415 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

^lolol I was wondering the same thing. 

Something to do with Mei?? 

#2416 netnabi

netnabi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

This song is "predawn" sooooooo ....

Next song "dawn".

CALLING IT.

That's when we find out the ending thing.

#2417 tomzero12

tomzero12

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:05 AM

I haven't been a fan of the new sound but this song is amazing ;)

#2418 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Don't give it up/predawn are up on Spotify!!

https://play.spotify...auMj4yZldthF5Yb

#2419 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

The photobook for predawn is beautiful!! Much to my surprise there was a photocard in it and I got a Yuri card

MizukiRina

Twitter

#2420 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

So, I haven't been able to go to many TGS lives recently due to my busy schedule at work, the last live I went to of theirs was the "Zombie" concert on Halloween.

I got this mail from Astalight recently though:

Astalight*のみなさん、こんにちは!

5月5日で東京女子流、デビュー7周年を迎えます!
そこで、Astalight*

のみなさんに感謝の気持ちを込めて、ファンクラブイベントの開催が決定しました!

【開催日時・会場】
5月5日(金・祝)静岡県内
※イベントはバスツアーを予定しております。
※イベント場所や移動手段は変更になる場合がございます。

このイベントの申し込み受付は、3月末~4月上旬を予定しているため、ファンクラブの有効期限が2017年3月末の方は、お早目に継続手続きをお願いします♪

詳細は、後日発表しますのでお楽しみに♪

■5/4(木・祝)デビュー7周年LIVE開催決定!

ファンクラブイベントの前日には、ヤマハ銀座スタジオにて7周年LIVEを開催!
Astalight*チケット先行受付も予定しておりますので、お楽しみに♪

【日程・会場】
5月4日(木・祝)ヤマハ銀座スタジオ
※2公演予定(時間調整中)

詳しくは、決まり次第掲載します!

2017/3/22配信

To translate the important points, it basically says that they will have 2 concerts in Ginza on May 4th, and a Fanclub Bus Tour on May 5th to somewhere in Shizuoka prefecture.
Neither are on the official schedule yet, but should be soon. I'll hopefully be able to take that Friday off and go on the Bus Tour! :D

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users