• Please log in to reply
1461 replies to this topic

#1301 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1859 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:50 AM

Read the news and...wow I am speechless... DOn't know what to say... I feel so sorry for Sayuki crushing her career for this piece of s**t.... 

I hope she can overcome this and start new <3 

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#1302 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:03 PM

OMFG I cannot with this!!

UFP better give Sayuki a solo career she deserves!! It's the only way to make this situation better

#1303 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:07 AM

I wouldn't have cared about her leaving if the dude was faithful and good to her.
...man I hope his agency has a response to all of this..

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#1304 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:37 AM

Doesn't work that way in 1950's Japan.

Single women go into hiding after being caught with a married celebrity, the man who was actually the one cheating just doesn't talk about it at all.

Being a "player" doesn't even begin to merit a response from the agency.  It's unlikely it'll even get a public comment from him.

This was obviously NOT the Tsuji Nozomi/Fujimoto Miki pattern where they were like, "Yes, we're dating, I choose romance, bye bye!"  Takagi left without saying even one word about why she was leaving.  It was all "for what I've done" and "under these circumstances."  That is not "choosing love."

So, I feel a little bad for Takagi for getting sucked in by a player (assuming she wasn't similarly just playing) but I feel no synergy of disappointment.  They're just two unrelated bad things.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1305 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:21 AM

That may be part of the reason she didn't "choose love" actually.
Part of the information that were given to the agency and takagi was that he actually is a player, that news would also be spreaded about that and so on.
It might actually have led to her decision to resign, or the agency pushing her to do so.

#1306 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:31 PM

Taguchi, who was close to Sayubee when they were KSS, posted this pic of Yuuri and asked "why is this guy on TV?" I guess she's highly offended!

Attached Files

#1307 Sielde

Sielde

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:32 AM

^

Hah, that's fantastic. The one non-crap thing to come out of these situations is seeing these young women stick up for each other. 

Generally though, my blood is boiling.

MM: Yokoyan - Miki - Mei || ANGERME: Rikako - Ayano - Shion || J=J: Ruru - Riai || Tsubaki: Yuumi || BEYOOOOOONDS: Miyo - Rika

#1308 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1859 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 05:51 AM

nice gesture <3 

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#1309 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:36 AM

She wouldn't even show his face! :D

#1310 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 10:41 AM

Sometimes I wish the "No Dating" rule was real thing.

caCYGi9.jpg

#1311 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:13 PM

^ I’m going to assume here that you’re saying that not because you don’t want the girls to have lives outside of their jobs because you want to continue to see them as products you can project your fantasies onto, but because you care about Sayuki and wish she didn’t have to go through this pain. Because if they don’t date, they can’t get heart broken, right?

Except that is also kinda messed up.

Look, I get it — this is an awful situation (which was actually what Bunshun was reporting on in the first place, that he “dates” fans and uses them for money/goods/etc... and the fact that Sayuki was dating him was just one of the juicy (pardon the pun lol) extra tibids of info. This was already out there from the very first article, before she resigned). I completely understand the desire to protect the feelings of these girls, and that’s a natural feeling to have when you care about someone. People feel that way about family and friends and lovers... we always want what’s best, only the most good and the happiest things, for those we care about.

But the fact is, this sorta thing this inevitable. It doesn’t matter what job you have or what walk of life you’re at - you’re gunna have your heart broken at some point. Someone is going to betray you. Someone is going to let you down, disappoint you. Mislead you. Love isn’t easy peasy all the time and learning from these experiences is a part of life, and a part of life that these girls shouldn’t be denied getting to experience.

Yeah it sucks — but now Sayuki will be better for it. Maybe she saw the signs of him being a loser and chose to look the other way, because she hoped he’d change with her. Or maybe she hoped he cared emotionally for HER and told herself it was fine as long as he didn’t feel strongly for the other girls (which is a common mindset among Japanese in regards to cheating — it’s fine as long as there’s no emotions involved. Doesn’t mean EVERYONE feels this way, but from what my Japanese friends have told me, that’s the general mindset, especially with men cheating on women). Maybe she believed lies, or chose to give him the benefit of the doubt. Or maybe the relationship wasn’t even serious for her either. We really don’t know the details or how deep it actually was. But now, maybe in her next relationship she’ll notice red flags, maybe she won’t make the same choices for another guy like this, maybe she won’t stick around if he’s not what she needs him to be. The next guy might be better because she’ll know the signs of a jerk that doesn’t deserve her.

And maybe this will take more than one guy to teach her what love should look like, and to find that in the right person. But she won’t be able to learn these lessons if she doesn’t go through them herself. Live and learn. These girls deserve the opportunity to go through life living and learning the lessons they need to, not be limited by people that don’t actually know them personally. It sucks and hurts to have their hearts broken (and unfortunately, so publicly), but it could be much more damaging to their emotional and mental well-being in the long run to not get to have those important life experiences.

If Sayuki doesn’t learn what’s not good for her, how’s she ever going to know what is? If she doesn’t learn how to recognize a jerk now, then guys like this will continue to take advantage of her later because she doesn’t know any better. I don’t know about you guys, but I really think it’s better to have loved and lost then to not have loved at all, especially during your early adulthood when those lessons are important to learn sooner rather than later. I mean I know it’s an extreme example and not the same situation, but look at Britney Spears — that woman has been so sheltered her entire life, she’s nearing 40, but probably has the mental maturity of someone in their 20’s (judging from things she’s said/done over the last few years). She never got the opportunity to truly be an adult and learn adult life lessons, and it stunted her mental and emotional growth in the long run. And who knows if all of that damage can even be fixed. It’s incredibly sad, and it is a more extreme case. But I think it illustrates the importance of letting these girls have life experiences as adults, whether good or bad, so it can help them grow as people.

I know this is a lot but I’ve been thinking about this for a few days after reading these comments and just needed to share these thoughts. I think a lot of us genuinely mean well and want the best for these girls, but sometimes what’s best for them is letting them get hurt (to an extent) so they can be well-rounded human beings. It’s our role as her fans to support Sayuki’s career, but that’s the only role we play in her life. We don’t get to decide personal matters, or limit her emotional and mental growth.

(Note: I can’t get spoilers to work on mobile, is anyone else having this issue or am I maybe just doing it wrong? Sorry for the long post lol)

#1312 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:29 PM

I agree. That was well put, Punkin.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#1313 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 05:20 PM

GAM was a Hello Project unit, but not an idol unit which is why Miki was able to stay. The same with soloists. It's different now since H!P changed a lot since when they graduated all senior members who weren't part of MM or an idol group. Up Front seems to be in charge after they graduate.
What really sucks in all of this is that management knew, yet there were no issues until the truth was discovered.
I really hope Sayubee returns either through youtube, Instagram or something.

Regarding the whole adultery issue, in Japan it's OK to have an affair as long as love is not involved. This applies to men. I will look for the video in which a Japanese girl mentions this. As she is talking about it she's like it's a very normal thing.
In Sayubee's case, it is different since this is seen ok once a woman has had a child. It's a very interesting video. I hope I find it.
Regarding her leaving showbiz, I'm really sure she was forced to leave showbiz more than her leaving because of love since that had not been an issue before the truth came public.

I disagree with the majority of your post, but as I've said my piece earlier in the thread:

GAM was definitely an idol unit, under Hello! Project, and formed a year before Miki exited Morning Musume. And she still continued in Hello! Project until 2009.

#1314 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:10 PM

^
H!P is UFA’s idol division.

And, on top of that; GAM were an idol unit. They sang idol songs, performed idol dances, attracted idol fans, we re produced as idols by people who produce idols...

If you backwards calculate the meaning of “idol” from a no-dating rule you come up with the wrong answer.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1315 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:38 PM

GAM was a Hello Project unit, but not an idol unit which is why Miki was able to stay. The same with soloists. It's different now since H!P changed a lot since when they graduated all senior members who weren't part of MM or an idol group. Up Front seems to be in charge after they graduate.
What really sucks in all of this is that management knew, yet there were no issues until the truth was discovered.
I really hope Sayubee returns either through youtube, Instagram or something.

Regarding the whole adultery issue, in Japan it's OK to have an affair as long as love is not involved. This applies to men. I will look for the video in which a Japanese girl mentions this. As she is talking about it she's like it's a very normal thing.
In Sayubee's case, it is different since this is seen ok once a woman has had a child. It's a very interesting video. I hope I find it.
Regarding her leaving showbiz, I'm really sure she was forced to leave showbiz more than her leaving because of love since that had not been an issue before the truth came public.

I disagree with the majority of your post, but as I've said my piece earlier in the thread:

GAM was definitely an idol unit, under Hello! Project, and formed a year before Miki exited Morning Musume. And she still continued in Hello! Project until 2009.

GAM is considered an idol unit. Back then, the reputation of Golden Era members plus Fujimoto Miki was really strong. Hello! Project at that time consisted of both graduated members and current members. There were less restrictions on graduated members about dating rules, schedules, bla bla bla. It was because the company didn't really care whether the graduated members wanted to be involved in concerts and single productions or not. It depended on the members themselves. The concept was still idol, but the contracts were similar for artists.

Hello! Project right now only consists of current members, any graduated members are put into Hello! Project OG and don't belong to Hello! Project. In the case of Sayubee, she was forced out of Hello! Project, but she could choose to become Hello! Project OG. Unfortunately, she didn't. I understand why: there's no benefit being an OG member. And do you know why there were many subgroups back then? It was due to Tsunku's suggestion back then. If you look at 48's groups, they followed the same patterns. Back when Yasushi Akimoto was having managing role, there were lots of subgroups. When he wasn't in charge anymore, very few or no subgroups were formed.

Problem is, how UFP works has changed. They followed K-pop management style. Back when the Golden Era was still around, members were treated like human. Now, I think they are treated like products.

#1316 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:13 AM

^

You mean, members were treated like dairy cattle, hooked up to milking machines 24/7 without permission to live, eat, sleep, or think.

#1317 mashaki

mashaki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

I don't know how many people here know (but I saw some of y'all in the comment section :ph34r:), but one of my fave JYoutubers talked about the scandal a couple of days ago, spreading the news to even more non idol fans

Am really glad that a lot of people are on Sayuki's side and lowkey canceling this douche

~  Miki ☆ Kamiko ☆ Riai  Ami  Ichioka  Kirara  ~

MiyaChii fan forever [:

avy by: AmaSusE

#1318 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:23 PM

@greyface I did not backwards calculate or relate the no dating rule with being idols. This was something I believed. It has nothing to do with what you mention.

@touki Thanks for that clarification and I never wondered why there were so many subgroups. It was a way to promote the groups and the members. There was also the time when MM was divided in two different groups because of how big the group was and so that they could do promotion in more areas of Japan at once. I personally like the subgroup idea, but I agree with Greyface when he/she (sorry I'm not sure if you're a he/she/etc) mentions that they were treated like dairy cattle. I feel that they were exploited and some of them got burned down choosing to leave or suffering from depression like in the case of Ai Kago.
With Sayubee perhaps they did give her the option, but when your agency is not supporting you even after having known you had a boyfriend, who would want to stay? Please correct me here if I'm wrong. I really hopes she signs up with a different agency or does something on her own. She has a lot of talent.

#1319 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 09:19 PM

Greyface was actually joking...
Ai Kago's mental health got little to do with the agency, although I'm certain that fame didn't help a kid to think straight.

#1320 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 10:25 PM

IMO It's kind of a moot point to bring Miki into this because she's married to Shoji, and they have 3 kids together.

And they seem still very much in love.

Sayuki threw it all away over an idiot that wasn't taking her seriously.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users