• Please log in to reply
1620 replies to this topic

#1 Zeromus

Zeromus

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:27 PM

Kaori is no longer in Morning Musume. I still cannot believe I'm saying that. Several reports on Jpopmusic suggest it was a rather sad affair, with even Reina crying! :blush:

Kaori's graduation now begs the question: With the original five Morning Musume members (Yuko, Nacchi, Kaori, Ayappe, and Asuka) now gone, should the name continue to stick?

If any of you are wondering what color glow sticks the fans were waving, here's photographic evidence:
Posted Image

Looks like it's the same color that was waved at the "Love is Alive Summer" concert during Tanpopo's performance. Not quite as original as the one for W, but still a powerful image IMO.

They then changed to white glowsticks during "Yume no Naka."

Kaori, you will be missed... :good:

Akari no kieta On the stage hitori mitsumete
toritsugita hibi ni dakareru

-X Japan - "Say Anything"

#2 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:04 PM

What/when was this concert that she graduated? I hope it will come available soon. I wonder if she was in todays Hello!Morning. I can't believe that Kaorin is gone... Life is unfair, but everyone has to go sometime. I wonder if MoMusu can keep things going when Ishikawa leaves, I don't have the strenght to believe in that... May sound dramitical, but I hope this is not the beginning of the end... :blush:

And the name thing: they MUST keep the same name, it's a kind of a tribution at the same time.

:good:
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#3 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:33 PM

We will miss you Kaorin!!!
Things are really changing but I don't want to see the end of Morning Musume anytime soon :blush:

The concert thingy was on the 29th i think. I hope someone uploads it soon :good:
:brings out the tissues:

oh, and they are so keeping their name. Morning Musume is not only the first gen to me. The group has evolved, as has the number of members. But the name remains ;D

#4 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:43 PM

The name "Morning Musume" is bigger than any of the individual members (as talented as some of those members are.) I don't think we need to worry about the name or the group. Kaori will be missed, but her legacy and impact will live on in the lineage of the group. It's a lot like a sports team: even though there are superstars on the team, it's all about the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
Posted Image

#5 Zeromus

Zeromus

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:08 PM

The concert thingy was on the 29th i think. I hope someone uploads it soon :blush:
:brings out the tissues:

Actually, it was on the 30th (in Japan).

There's bound to be TV news coverage of the concert, so there's at least a piece of the action. Also, next week's Hello Morning will be a Kaori tribute episode, so there could be concert footage there as well.

As for the DVD, it's coming out on March 16th.

#6 memomu

memomu

H!O fileshare

• Senpai
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:47 AM

Well, this graduation is more special then other graduations because the orignal lineup of Momusu is now gone. Morning Musume is now more of an introduction stage for the girls(and new girls in the future) into the music showbiz :wub:

But it'll be interesting now to see what Tsunku will do. Alot of the girls in Momusu have already change a bit of their image/looks, H!M have changed and so on... :good:

Momusu started out to be a serious group and their image went for a more "cute" side up until now, and now most of the stuff is changing again. Morning Musume is now going on their 8th year :blush:

It's basically a new era XP

#7 Zeromus

Zeromus

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:17 AM

Morning Musume is now more of an introduction stage for the girls(and new girls in the future) into the music showbiz :blush:

I agree; in fact, the whole Hello! Project has become the female equivalent of Johnny's Jimusho, with Morning Musume being similar to Johnny's Junior.

#8 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:08 AM

ya she will be missed XP

but strangely enough wen i was thinkin about girls groups i was tinkin was there eva a equilvelent to the group? and i only came up with 1 n its quite shocking :o
n no1 h8 me 4 this but they r like the spice girls in a way
(puts on bullet proff vest) bcuz they were also put together by a clever producer, n people all liked them bcuz both genders could relate 2 them. ANd they were national idols in UK, not sure aobut international.

the males related 2 them by seeing who they liked the most (i liked baby spice XP ) and girls related 2 them by wanting 2 be them, and idolised them (when they were in their prime) and also they both started off in the same year 96 i thinkz :o :blush: :good: :wub:
VANILJ DROMMAR :)

#9 WalDo-

WalDo-

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:21 AM

I feel sad that Kaorin is gone but what makes me even more sad is the fact that Charmy's gonna graduate soon too. :blush:

Posted Image
☆☆☆☆☆

#10 Zeromus

Zeromus

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:26 AM

I feel sad that Kaorin is gone but what makes me even more sad is the fact that Charmy's gonna graduate soon too. :blush:

The even sadder reality is that since she's so popular, she's gonna take a sizable chunk of the MM fanbase with her, just like Maki.

#11 bonta kun

bonta kun

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:32 AM

(T-T) Sotsugyou omedetou kaori

Posted Image
Taken from the "MorningStudio Uploader"(Name title might be incorrect) pic board. I just cutted-out some parts so It wouldn't be so long and big.

#12 Rabiesfish

Rabiesfish

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:27 AM

Are they voluntary?
Or just too old to stay?

Since we have like mikitty doing solos as well as MM, why do others have to grad? :blush:

#13 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:47 AM

Maybe they are a bit negotiable, definitely not voluntary though. Once they reach a certain age or become popular enough to manage a solo career they 'graduate'. Take yuko as an example. She is in her 30:s something now. Morning Musume would be way to diverse if we had 30 something ppl doing the same moves as 15 years old. (I love yuko, it's not that) And like Maki Goto.... she was born to be a star and is doing great as a solo.

But.... miki isn't doing any solo stuff now anymore, right????
She did some solo stuff before she got into MM. That's probably what you're refering to right? But then again... didn't yuko do some solo stuff when she was still a musume?

#14 bonta kun

bonta kun

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:49 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, I think Kaori chose to graduate...right?....so I guess that could be one reason.

For the most part tho (at least IMO), Tsunku calls all the shots so if he feels like a certain member should graduate, then that member he chooses will probably end up graduating.

Maybe it's it's to open up space so that new fresh, faces can join the team.

#15 Sakura Momusu

Sakura Momusu

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:27 AM

If I'm not mistaken, after W released their album and the first single, Tsunku confronted them with a decision: W or MM. They chose to continue as W.

#16 Sakura Momusu

Sakura Momusu

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:12 PM

Kaori's gone...she will be missed in MM's perfs and lives. :blush:

#17 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

Alas, I knew her well.
On the upside : I'm sure we'll still get things to see of Kaori, right? It's not like she's disappearing orso. Well, that did happen to Kei though, whose appearances have become very rare and I like her style, give her an album allready you bastich Tsunku.
Hello morning without Kaori will be something to get adjusted to whcih will take some time. And then Rika will go. I can't keep adjusting like this. Help.
For me soon only Mari and Charmy Eri will be left. Well, Reina is okay too.
It's not that I dislike the rest though, let's just say that I get bored by them.
If it ain't Musume, I don't want it.
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

#18 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:03 PM

Well, it's all about the $$$ (well, yen - but I don't have that character right now). I think it is all business marketing decisions. The best way to get the most fans to buy the most media. That means always something new and fresh - a bit of mystery - a bit of surprise. Those guys are masters!!! And don't we love the results? Yaaaay!!! We love it all! :blush:

#19 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:11 PM

"If you choose W, i give you a lot of cakes. If you choose Morning Musume you have to drink MILK."

#20 ~Tettekete~

~Tettekete~

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:40 PM

why the title is "je me souviens" XD

"je me souviens " mean "i remember" :wub:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users