Photo

ZONE Reunion

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

Poll: ZONE Reunion: PRO or CONTRA (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want ZONE reunion or don't?

1. YES (81 votes [92.05%])

Percentage of vote: 92.05%

2. NO (1 votes [1.14%])

Percentage of vote: 1.14%

3. Voted DON'T CARE (6 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 tasuku

tasuku

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:24 AM

Just noticed that ZONE opened on the 2nd day of Fuji TV's Girl Pop Factory last weekend! :good:

It looks like the broadcast date on Fuji TV is 8/27/11 (channel one?). Maybe, someone can confirm that.

http://www.fujitv.co...ACTORY/GIRLPOP/

Other notable artists that appeared include SCANDAL, STEREOPONY and FLiP! <3 <3 <3

#182 cypher0

cypher0

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:32 AM

I watched their live performance and yes, the girls have really grown up. As for the drummer, I wonder if they got Mizuho's brother to play the part? :P Mind you, I think they knew that Mizuho would not come back for this mini-revival so that is why it was labeled as, Z-ONE. No Takayo either, and I do miss her singing and guitar playing. As for Scandal and Stereopony, I wonder how much of ZONE's influence actually inspired these girls to become a band? I'm certain that ZONE has played an integral part in many of these girl bands that have been popping up lately. Remember Eu-phoria? That was another awesome group, but sadly they're no more. :(

My only concern with the return of these girls is that if they really want to take a big bite, they should do what Stereopony and SCANDAL did, play in different venues internationally. Just look at those two groups! They started after ZONE and I'm sure they hold a large international fan base.

I noticed that on the Secret Base part, Miyu was doing most of the singing, and was it me because at the beginning of the bass part, Maiko wasn't playing but you could hear the bass. Maybe I was just mesmerized watching Maiko that I could be mistaken. The song seemed a bit shaky in some points, but then that's my opinion. However, it could be that they were preparing themselves to sing their new song live for a televised audience. The new song has a different feel from the old ZONE, and I'm sure that they have a ton of songs ready to be released on our anticipated ears! I wonder when they're going to release an album? :D

#183 TheFrustrated

TheFrustrated

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:25 AM

To answer your question about Maiko's bass: not sure what that was about in the beginning but I know that television shows often have artists perform to a backing track while the artists sing imitate the notes on their instruments. It's protocol, I guess, to have a controlled backing track. Maybe so that the music won't hurt the ears of the children or elderly people in the audience. I'm not sure, though.

Thanks for that, qx123! Really loved it!

Also, there is a cover band holding their own ZONE tribute event on the same days and same area as ZONE's come back performance! They are called, Nana Carrot. If anyone is interested, here is a link of them performing HANABI and a part of Boku no Tegami.

#184 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

I'm starting to develop a strange addiction to ZONE cover bands. XD
Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#185 A.K. - ZONE

A.K. - ZONE

~ 君がくれたもの ~

• Validating
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

That's one thing I don't like about those TV Live Shows. The playback always looks too fake...

I'm sure ZONE inspired all-girl bands not only in Japan but mostly there. I didn't know any japanese band similar to ZONE before and that is what makes them so special forever.

Perhaps we could mention the "K-ON!" anime series and the movie "Linda! Linda! Linda!" that would also inspire high school girls to form a band. That's one nice thing about Japan and the rest of the world appreciate it. :lol:

That cover band is cool, I liked the vocals! Nice find!

#186 Legend102

Legend102

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

FINALLY!! with the return of ZONE, i'm coming back here :D
gosh after been shock by the announcement month ago they would comeback, this time i'm in shock again with those perf.

I watched their live performance and yes, the girls have really grown up. As for the drummer, I wonder if they got Mizuho's brother to play the part? :P Mind you, I think they knew that Mizuho would not come back for this mini-revival so that is why it was labeled as, Z-ONE. No Takayo either, and I do miss her singing and guitar playing. As for Scandal and Stereopony, I wonder how much of ZONE's influence actually inspired these girls to become a band? I'm certain that ZONE has played an integral part in many of these girl bands that have been popping up lately. Remember Eu-phoria? That was another awesome group, but sadly they're no more. :(

My only concern with the return of these girls is that if they really want to take a big bite, they should do what Stereopony and SCANDAL did, play in different venues internationally. Just look at those two groups! They started after ZONE and I'm sure they hold a large international fan base.

I noticed that on the Secret Base part, Miyu was doing most of the singing, and was it me because at the beginning of the bass part, Maiko wasn't playing but you could hear the bass. Maybe I was just mesmerized watching Maiko that I could be mistaken. The song seemed a bit shaky in some points, but then that's my opinion. However, it could be that they were preparing themselves to sing their new song live for a televised audience. The new song has a different feel from the old ZONE, and I'm sure that they have a ton of songs ready to be released on our anticipated ears! I wonder when they're going to release an album? :D

AFAIK at first they were labelled as Z-ONE but now they omit the "-"minus and used the old great name "ZONE". by the way, are they really returning or it just somekind of memorial return like temporary? as you know that D.A.I and others have done that (disband and then reunite, and continued on).

as for the recent perf, yep ur right, at the beginning maiko wasnt playing her bass, but there's the sound. but despite that, i really love the nostalgic view of maiko playing that same old bass that she used to play (i hope this is true, dunno if she had a new one with the same design, LOL)

anyway, where's the other guys that used to stay at old "secret base" thread??? sch??? :P

#187 Axandra

Axandra

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

http://www.glide-med...ews/110802.html

The Promise of year 10th
一期一会
ZONE~2011年8月の軌跡~
2011年10月15日発売予定
予価3200円(税込)

Amazon.co.jp

#188 Zone Lover

Zone Lover

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

ZONE - 約束 ~August, 10 years later ~ ( ~ yakusoku ~ August, 10 years later)
Romaji & translation by: zerotsuki aka Zone Lover

風のはじまる場所 語った夢ノカケラ
kaze no hajimaru basho katatta yume no kakera
At the place where the wind begins, talking about pieces of a dream
君はどこで今この空みているの?
kimi ha doko de ima kono sora mite iru no
Where are you looking at this sky now?
「さよなら」は言わないと
「sayonara」 ha iwanai to
If I don’t said “Good Bye”
笑って見せた君が今も。。。
waratte miseta kimi ga ima mo
Even now, you are showing your laughter…

夏の星願い掛けた 言葉に出来なかった思い
natsu no hoshi negai kaketa  kotoba ni dekinakatta omoi
Hanging up wishes on the summer star, thoughts that cannot be express by words
夕立に消えていった 後姿忘れはしない
yuudachi ni kiete itta ushiro sugata wasurehashinai
[You] disappear after the evening shower, [but] I will never forget your appearance from behind
今もまだボクの側に 君がいるから
ima mo mada boku no soba ni kimi ga iru kara
Because you are still here beside me

一緒にいたかった 1人で泣かないで
issho ni itakatta  hitori de nakanaide
I wanted to be with you together, [therefore] don’t cry alone
僕にできることはないの?
boku ni dekiru koto ha nai no?
Isn’t there anything that I can do?

今もこの胸には君がくれたものが
ima mo kono mune ni ha kimi ga kureta mono ga
Even now, what you gave me is still inside my heart,
10年たってもかわらずに
juu nen tatte mo kawarazu ni
Even 10 years had pass by, nothing have change,
気付いた瞬間そっと一雫 涙頬を伝う
ki tsuita shunkan sotto hitoshizuku namida hoo o tsutau
When I realize that moment, one drop of tears flow on my face,

遠い夏 駆け抜けてく 最後の言葉を忘れない
tooi natsu  kakenuketeku saigo no kotoba o wasurenai
Running through a distant summer, [I] will not forget [your] last word,
僕達はきっといつか約束の場所でまた会える
bokutachi ha kitto itsuka yakusoku no basho de mata aeru
We will certainly meet again at the promised place one day

巡る風 季節過ぎ 僕達の約束 色あせない
meguru kaze  kisetsu sugi  bokutachi (bokura) no yakusoku iroasenai 
Spinning wind, past season, our promise won’t fade
君とみたあのHANABIが 今はこの空に咲いてるよ
kimi to mita ano HANABI ga ima ha kono sora ni saiteruyo
HANABI (fireworks) that we had seen together, is now blooming above in the sky
「綺麗だね」今年こそは君にみせたい
「kirei dane」 kotoshi koso ha kimi ni misetai
“It’s beautiful”, I will show you for sure this year
描いてた その未来を君に見せたい
egaiteta sono mirai o kimi ni misetai
By paint, I want to show you that future

P/S: Some parts of the translation might sound wierd as i kinda direct translate it to english~ XD
btw, it's good to be back~ been such a longggg time~ :whistle:
Posted Image
…If there’s one thing that won’t change, it’s the fact that from the beginning to the end SNSD was “one” with 9 members” - SNSD

#189 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for the translation! :coool:

#190 cypher0

cypher0

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Yes, thanks for taking the time to translate it and posting it up here on the board. :D This is a beautiful and touching song!

#191 ZONElover

ZONElover

Always my goddess !!!!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Wow Wow !!! Glad to see old faces around....
I just saw and read all the comments and infos about they... Thak you very much guys for all kind of videos and infos..

ZONE was an icon in turning young girls in a rock band....and with we remember their very beggining like a "dancing+singing+girl+group" we know that like Scandal and Stereopony now... they took a different way of making music.... and for our happiness they succedded it !!!
Time flows and we have music evolution, band evolution and I know they they will keep evolving....

about the new song...i just loved it !!!! even if i´m kind suspicious to say it but just to see ZONE back again even if theu were just singing " LA LA LA LA" ' for me this woulkd be enough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I can´t finish my post without saying about the good points I noticed about it...

- There a good media coverage.... news, tv programs, the fans and also the media in general are supporting they about the return...
- The tribute album shows their music influence... how they had an unique way of singing that belong just to them.... other artists like and respect it, and in my opinion will never be able to copy it......
- Their voice evolution... I mean... they had grown up.... and of course their voice also did it.... their music style also... i felt it when I heard Secret base that is a great song.... but more suitable if their voices when they were young.... but Yakusoku is different, and more suitable with their voices now.....

Anyway....I´m just very happy to see they singing together again..... I´m the ZONElover and probably anything about they makes me happy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maiko, Tomoka, Miyu, Mizuho and Takayo - We will always love you !!

Posted Image

#192 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Wow, ZL! It's been a while! :)

Achaa....Another Memorial Book...? Wow....

Anyway, I finally gathered my courage to watch the Coming Soon! video clip & the NEWS1 clip. Achaa...I could feel tears coming....
You were right about Yakusoku having a similar speed to confidentially. It really is "ZONE-rashii." Actually, in my opinion, it might even be more ZONE-rashii than Tabidachi....It kind of reminds me of a Stereopony song. It sounds like it'll be popular in karaoke, too. I can't wait to hear the full version. I really like it....The girls did a great job with the lyrics, and ha-j composed a excellent tune. It seems that my copy is in the "In Shipping Process" staus....Hopefully, it'll reach here soon....

I too noticed the change with Mizuho's abscence, but I still felt the Magic. Their voices and smiles brought it all back for me. :)

I agree that it seems a lot more has been added to ZONE's schedule than was planned. There have been so many magazine appearances, TV appearances, 2 memorial books....It's a bit hard to keep up! :blink:

I can see how people have been saying how much the girls have changed. If you haven't kept up with all of their activities, it's easy to see the change from cute girls into beautiful young women. Of course, if you've been with them thw whole way, the change is less noticeable.

qx, I think you were right. If I heard correctly, while this August is a 1-month reformation, it seems that they haven't thought about what the future might hold for them. They're really putting everything into making this month the best that it can be for everyone.

Oh, and thanks for the new information on Nana Carrot! I remember seeing their ZONE covers a few years ago, and thought they were really great.

I wonder how many fans exactly ZONE has around the world. You hardly hear anything from them, but when something happens, it's like they come out of nowhere.... :blink: It's not necessarily a bad thing....I'm glad ZONE is still so fondly held in the hearts of people so many years later.

Actually, even the director of many of ZONE's PV's watched Coming Soon! in anticipation. Miki Takahiro directed many famous PV's including Miyu's Just 4 My Luv and fan favorites HANABI and Egao Biyori.

http://twitter.com/#!/TAKAHIROMIKI/status/98048449995485185

Heh, Nakai-san really did say " secret bath"...! :lol:

Edited by Soul of Zone, 06 August 2011 - 07:52 PM.

あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
忘れたくない あの笑顔. . . あの時. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#193 Axandra

Axandra

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

再会 ZONE CHRONICLES

Posted Image

価格: ¥ 2,000

Amazon.co.jp

#194 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:17 AM

Ah, so that's what the Saikai cover looks like....Thanks, Axandra! :good:

I was reading the current issue of CD&DL Data, and it seems that there were 3 different preorder bookmarks. I wonder what they're going to look like....
あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
忘れたくない あの笑顔. . . あの時. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#195 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

Just listended to the full version of the answer song.
And yeah...

While the live on coming soon is great! The full song is even better.
with more colourful and more complete guitar riffs.
And i kinda like the secret base tone at the back of the song too.

#196 Axandra

Axandra

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

the ZONE Tribute ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~ has been uploaded here......that was fast considering the release date......

#197 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Beat me to it! XD

I'm downloading it, even though i've got it on order -- can't wait to listen!

A couple of thoughts:

For some reason, Yakusoku reminds me of Promising, from Gateway to Tomorrow, even more than it does of Confidentally.

I'll be very surprised if it turns out that we've really heard the last of ZONE after the end of August. I think they'll at least continue on an intermittent basis: maybe bowing out at the end of the month, then deciding to make the reunion permanent based on the public response -- pretty much like coming back after an encore call. XD

The amount of publicity, the TV appearances, etc.,are all more consistent with some kind of thought a long-term reunion than with firm plans to stick to a one-month-only reunion. And basically, a group with a solid track record, a lot of name recognition, and a string of chart singles has to sound a lot more appealing to everyone involved than three stalled solo careers -- particularly if the new ZONE incorporates the solo styles of each of the girls. (OK -- I admit it -- I want to hear Tomoka do Marble, even if there's no chance of that! XD )

#198 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

More about the talk on coming soon.

Basically, Nakai kun was asking them if this is truly a one month only reunion, and miyu was answering
its a limited reunion.
Nakai then asked, is there no mistake about it? Miyu was half answering there is no mistake and half questioning
the rest of the members. well she wasnt sure about it.
Nakai asked - what if the fans still want to hear more , and wanted them to continue then how?
Miyu reply that they have not thought about it and just want to work hard for this month...

At the end of the performance,
Nakai said that he have received many feedback that it is a waste to have only a one month reunion and basically
there are many feedback asking them to continue on.
Zone expressed their happiness at Nakai comments.

Nakai went on to ask Zone to consider the conversation of before, about the continuation.
And Zone replies was Yes, understood.

In my opinion, i think a full reunion appears likely to happen sometime into the future, even if not immediately after August.
That is unless, Miyu resolve her problems and find a new label to re-launch her solo career.

#199 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

Than's for the translation -- that does sound very much like we'll be seeing a lot more of them.

Miyu reply that they have not thought about it...

As she said it, she must have been thinking, "Nobody in the world is going to believe that!" XD

#200 KenshinX

KenshinX

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

We'll see what happens... I hope for a more permanent reunion, but it was certainly nice to see the girls perform again.
Listened to the full version of Yakusoku just now. Sounds like the Zone we all know and love, and then some. The secret base touch at the end made it all the more amazing.

Another great song by them. It will get a lot of play time over the next little while, haha.

Hope to see more TV performances!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users