#1 Haro-Chan~!

Haro-Chan~!

Haro desu

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

f(x)

Posted Image

f(x) is a new girl group under SM Entertainment. A teaser of them just came out today on SM's Youtube page.

f(x) TEASER

Members:

Victoria
Posted Image

Amber
Posted Image

Sul Li
Posted Image

Krystal
Posted Image

Luna
Posted Image

I think I'm seeing a pattern here...

DBSK ---> The Grace
Super Junior ---> SNSD
SHINee ---> f(x)

I'm freakin excited about this girl group!!!

Dorky Haro-Chan is my favorite Haro-Chan~!
Posted Image
Siggy Made By Hotaru~Ruru!!!

#2 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

I just knew someone was going to make a thread about this group! XD

That's good though, since they've got me a bit interested too. Especially in Amber. I want better pictures/close ups of her. ^^;

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#3 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

So this is the new girl from SM that everyone talks about at Soompi. XD <3 I love the preview. The battle of girl groups are growing. ^^;

#4 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

Another one?
Really? K-Pop has so many girl groups right now, there's way too many.
I hope this one can establish an identity for itself like 2NE1 was able to do. Some of the other groups are a little vague.

(Also, having Jessica's younger sister in it kind of annoys me. Jessica worked so hard for her debut, and her sister must have been training less than Jessica.)

#5 「REDX」

「REDX」

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1300 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

Nice!
It has a nice electronic beat.
Anyways i hope be hearing from them.
It has my attention.

Posted Image

#6 nono:)bbz

nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

The preview isn't much to me, neither is the song. But once a full MV or song is released, I might change my mind like I did with 4minute.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a "female-SHINee" though, well especially not the same one some of us were talking about in the SHINee thread..
http://www.hello-onl...a...st&p=744821

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Help on this one, Kireny?

#7 pcysrok

pcysrok

anpanman

• Senpai
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

I see a lot of potential~
Sulli is really cute
and I think krystal is pretty. really pretty.
I can't wait to see the full MV

#8 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

@Nono- No you're right, this ISNT the female SHINee
-the girls in that group (if its even a group at this point) are alot younger in age than these girls and its an entire set of different names.
though at this point its not really known if "the female SHINee" will debut or not since this group is.

I do see potential, since its SM.
Spoiler

I'm curious as to why SM is debuting a new group right now? with all the other stuff they have goning on
Posted Image

-made by nono:)bbz, who is awesome

#9 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

Ah, thanks for the confirmation. I guess that other group won't be debuting then? Because Krystal was supposed to be in it, but now she's in this group. How do you pronounce this group's name btw? An incredibly simple question but sometimes the name ends up sounding totally different to what you had imagined. Is it just "eff ex"?
Any information on when things will be starting for this group?

#10 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

^it seems like it. my guess is they might debut the girls left in another group later with a different concept
(kinda like when dbsk/SuJu were trainees with others and SM went through several temporary groups before dbsk debuted and then they pulled some of those trainees left for SuJu)

i think its suppose to 'eff ex' at least thats what people who can read the hangul are saying.
I guess until they show up on shows/radio we wont know for sure.

no idea, but SM usually has activities start pretty sure after teasers dont they?
Posted Image

#11 itsmiina

itsmiina

eternal.

• Senpai
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

Woah, there's already a thread for them ?
Rofl, but seriously, all that pops into my head is "FUNCTION, FUNCTION, FUNCTION."
But this group definitely catches my attention because Victoria is really pretty (from what I've seen from her other works) and of course, since Krystal is in it. :lol:

@TurtleFu: Aha, Krystal's been training for quite a while too and it's because of Krystal that Jessica's in the show business right now. :bad:
@Kireny: This group was supposed to debut earlier but didn't. Even with all the SM drama going on right now, I guess they still owe it to this group to debut them.

Ai by Risa/Misa

#12 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

^I guess they own it to them to debut but I still think that right now is probably not a good time for a new group.

The problem with the SM drama is that I can see it easily over shadowing their debut and people seeing/talking more about the SM drama than their new girl group.
Posted Image

#13 itsmiina

itsmiina

eternal.

• Senpai
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

^ True. Honestly, SM is full of problems, but... :x
The only ones that are really focused on the drama are Cass (basically us fangirls, right?) so I'm guessing that they're hoping that since f(x) is a girl group, guys will give them attention... :/
However, this group is supposed to debut in the fall (I think this teaser is just to start hype) and I heard the last court meeting will be on September 11th (?).
So I'm also guessing that SM is trying to get it settled and then have them debut.
Also, the girls already had their showcase before the drama started so... I guess there was no backing out.

:EDIT: I feel like the leader is going to be either Victoria or Amber.

:EDIT2: v Other fanclubs in Korea aren't really paying attention to this though (although many international fans are concerned). It's sad to say but many fanclubs don't really like associating with Cass. Also, the potential others that it can affect, the people under SM - Kangta, Black Beat, BoA, JRI, CSJH, Super Junior, SNSD, SHINee, etc. People such as Kangta, Black Beat, BoA, some members of CSJH, etc. have been active for a long time now and so far they haven't had any problems so I would say they're in the clear with SM. For groups like SNSD and SHINee, they're pretty much content right now, so I think they'll be fine too. Of course, I mean this in the most physical sense - does that make sense? - because I know that many Kcelebs are keeping an eye on this.
Also, yeah, many newspapers, shows, blogs, etc. DO talk about this often (I've been reading the newspaper :lol: ). However, it's because Cass and stockholders play attention to it. Cass is huge and SM has quite a large amount of people who have stock with them, so of course people are going to publish the works.
However, I say that basically only Cass is paying attention to this because... oh gawd, I hate admitting this, but well, TVXQ isn't mega popular to the general Korean public. Besides Cass and the younger generations, people in their 40s+ only know them as 'pretty and famous idol boys' (or as my parents call them... 'gaenae jjinjja yoomyeonghan aedeul... yeoja chulum saengingutdeul - Korean for 'those really famous kids... who look like girls' :bad:). Also, besides Cass, for the younger generations, the members' names will be known... but that's basically it.

Ai by Risa/Misa

#14 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

^its not jsut the Cassies though, the other fanclubs are always talking about it (since it'll effect their groups whatever the outcome)
and in Korea, all the newspapers/news shows/music magazines/blogs can't stop talking about it
the Sept 11th is just the next court date, not the last one (this could contiune well into next year since SM is being pretty diffcult)

So I guess they really couldnt delay them debuting any longer but hopefully they can pull something out to give them an edge.
I'd hate to see them not get any attention just because of the lawsuit

I was thinking Victoria or Amber for the leader as well
Posted Image

#15 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:15 PM

Any idea what Lachata actually means? :S

#16 Haro-Chan~!

Haro-Chan~!

Haro desu

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

^LMAO I have no idea either. <3
It sounds like a milk shake drink~!
Since Leche is Milk in spanish. (And it sounds similar)

I agree with most of the people here.
I think right now is not a good time to debut a girl group.
They should have waited until next year at least.
So far, I really like Amber~!
But, I think Victoria will be leader.

Dorky Haro-Chan is my favorite Haro-Chan~!
Posted Image
Siggy Made By Hotaru~Ruru!!!

#17 Ryoutarou

Ryoutarou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

Member Close-Ups:

Victoria Song:
Posted Image

Krystal Jung:
Posted Image

Sulli:
Posted Image

Luna:
Posted Image

Amber:
Posted Image

The thing I like about this group is that it's so much easier to learn their names/faces than most groups because they all stand out and have such different and unique names.
Btw, does anyone else think that Luna looks like a cross-over of Sunmi (WG) and BoA?? XDD ^^; Love her already.

#18 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:03 AM

^Thank you so much

I do see the Sunmi/BoA in Luna.....shes my favorite right now
Spoiler

The faces of the members to SM Ent’s upcoming girlgroup f(x), set to debut in September, are revealed.

The group previously released their teaser video on 24th August, getting the attention from netizens. The group consists of Korean members Sulli, Luna, Krystal; American Chinese Amber, Victoria – the 5 members will form Asia pop dance group.

Also f(x) known to be a Mathematical function, like the variable x in the function, the members will show a variety of charms and talents not only in the Korea but also in the rest of Asia.

f stands for flower, and x stands for the XX chromosomes in females – they will be a feminine group like flowers, and will be the best Asia pop dance group being the hot icon of Asia.

More photos will be revealed from 26th till 30th August on their official homepage.
source

Posted Image

#19 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:04 AM

Wow!!! :lol: :lol: About the name, the first thing I thought was a math problem. ^^; Now, the name is also about Science. :S ^^;

#20 itsmiina

itsmiina

eternal.

• Senpai
  • 706 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Rofl. At least we don't have to call them 'eff ex' or 'function'.
Their name is pronounced as "effects".
... I think I'll grow to like their name... at least the pronunciation of it. :)

Ai by Risa/Misa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users