943 replies to this topic

#21 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:37 AM

^
i think its Pokemon Platinum on NDS. But remake of the Gold and Silver are NDS are coming out next spring~ (japanese vers are out already)

im still playing platinum but its just not as fun as it used to be for several reasons:

1. (and the biggest reason) the new pokemon are UGLY! not only that, but you also cant tell what element they are anymore just from looking at them. Then u think its glass? oops no, its actually rock type. You think its a normal type? "it uses water gun" and damn.

2. the wild pokemons are repetitive. dont think it was like this in the old days, but me and my bro actually caught an almost identical line up of wild pokemons <3 and that's just stupid when they are so many other pokemons out there to be caught

3. you get fundamental items too easily. HM like fly, surf, cut are now mandatory in a consistent pace as you progress through the game. In the old games, it used to be that you fight several gyms and hey u got fly now u can go to a new area. But not, everytime u beat a gym u get one of those HMs and it doesnt feel that great anymore. Also, things like exp sharers, amulet coins, evolve stones are so easily obtained that again it just make those items feel granted.

4. too easy. not in the ways of battling pokemon (the fact u cant tell pokemon's types make it hard for me) but in other things like earning money and leveling up. When u got VS seeker, amulet coins and exp sharer in your backpack? then ure in your way to battle for money. Screw pokemon master, ure rich! Also screw walking and biking, i have the HM to fly!

there are more, but i think the 4 reasons above can make me put down platinum right now and look forward to the Gold and Silver remakes instead.

I wonder how many people out there are also that critical to a pokemon game as i am? <3

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#22 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:09 AM

I started playing Pokemon Leaf Green on my PSP with a GBA Emulator.

Pretty fun !

XD

When I was playing the old pokemon, there was an item that you give to your pokemon, and lets you leech exp off your other pokemon .

Does anyone know the name of that item?

#23 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:32 AM

^ exp. share XD

Life is but a movie.

#24 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:53 AM

^

Thanks dude !

I just caught a Pikachu !

Ughh, it's so low level, i'ma just send it off to the daycare to level.

<3

#25 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:45 PM

are there disadvantages to use the daycare to level pokemon up?
i reached it but i havent been using it cuz i wasnt so sure about it =/

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#26 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:20 AM

^

There is no disadvantage.

<3

Btw , Pokémon in the Day Care gain one experience point per step the player takes.

#27 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

^
o rly! :)

thats so cheap lol, i gotta start using it <3 thanks for the reply

#28 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:19 AM

^

I know eh?

I run back & forth for 5 minutes.

I come back, "Your Pokemon has grown alot . By level, it's grown by 5"

I'm like
Spoiler
yes !

<3

#29 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:49 AM

^
i think someone told me that rare candies lvl up your pokemon but the increase of the stats would not be as high as if you lvl the pokemon up with real effort, any idea if thats true?

and its word like that that got me thinking the daycare has a trick in it

#30 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:11 AM

^

Nope. That is false.

and

I forgot to tell you... there's couple disadvantages in the daycare.

Uhh... One of the disadvantages is that your Pokemon won't be able to evolve even if its passed the "Evolution level", and when your pokemon gains a new attack , you won't be allowed to delete which attack you don't want . I remember putting a Pikachu in the daycare and When I got it back, my thundershock was replaced with a crappy useless move called growl.

Sorry for the crappy grammar .

<3

#31 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

^
ah i see, thanks for the info!

so the best way will be to check out soem charts online on pokemon's evolve lvl and waht attack they gain. take them out before that and evolve them myself then throw them back in XD its so easy it doesnt sound fair at all XD

btw u got no problems in your grammar :P

#32 TerryXX

TerryXX

Retired Member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

I remember putting a Pikachu in the daycare and When I got it back, my thundershock was replaced with a crappy useless move called growl.

it depends which version you're playing i suppose, coz sapphire/ruby have an item called 'heart scale' which lets your pokemon re-learn old moves XD (i dont know if other versions have them)
btw the daycare would take ageees if you want to level up higher level pokemons lol :(

@sanrio make sure the exp bar is at the bottom before you use rare candy, other wise you will waste the efforts (well for higher levels anyways) :)

#33 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:51 AM

^
ah good tip :D

i got heart scale on my platinum right now. havent played the game for a while cuz im stuck at the water gym and the guy's Gyarados just keep pwning me x_x so i gotta go power lvl my pokemon first :(

oh hey about the daycare (again), so if the pokemon doesnt evolve, does it evolve the next time you personally you level it up?

#34 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

^

Yeah, it evolves if you personally level it up.

I evolved my Pikachu to Raichu with a thunderstone last night !

<_<

Are you playing Pokemon on computer, DS, etc ?

#35 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

^
im playing it on my ds lite. i rmb when i used to play emu on PC on those GBA ones and i just used unlimited rare candies on the pokemon right from the start ^_^

for some reason, im just different from the rest of the world and think Raichu is cuter than Pikachu <_<

#36 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:16 AM

^

LOL .

Raichu reminds me of a overweight pig, but with yellow skin and electric powers

#37 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:59 AM

^
lol aw :D raichu is so cute though

i went to the safari field thing (the one u paid 500 for 30 safari balls) and caught 6 pokemons from there which 2 of them helped me to beat the water gym! :D
Gyarados was so strong, so im going to catch one of those useless fishes and get the daycare to help me evolve it :drool:

#38 Darkhand Guy

Darkhand Guy

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

Got Pokemon Heart Gold in Japanese and already got all 8 badges. I can't wait to get my Soul Silver in english in the spring. Pokemon is an awesome series. Been playing since the series came out in 96.
Posted Image

#39 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

Aww I miss my old Pokemon games like crazy <3 one night I really gotta sit down and figure out how to make those emulator things work >.<

I used to be aces at Pokemon, and the music was soo soothing! Its like some of the music I listen to nowadays :P influence rubbed off eh?

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

#40 Namie Hikari

Namie Hikari

puzzle peasu! autistic idol fan!

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

This an awesome fun and even addicting game! I got Emerald and Pearl versions (cherrim FTW!)

Posted Image
Avvie/Signature by S-N-I-P-E-R . My Puzzle Peasu! The Red Rose Society World

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users