• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#1 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

Probably one of the least qualified to start a thread about Idoling since my knowledge is only limited to the subbed episode of their show that was on the tracker but I figured they are overdue to have a thread.

Jpop Stop wiki page
Official page

So far based on that 2007 show Takiguchi and Fonchi seem to be my favorites. Some of the new girls look kinda strange in my opinion but I guess they're trying to appeal to more kinds of ppl?

Been putting off checking this show and group out for a while so big thanks to [OF!!!] for subbing the episode. I can foresee myself tracking down the rest of the episodes and/or installing another TB in my desktop in the near future because of this.

Having 'Chu Shiyouze' playing a lot on my mp3 player recently has also helped increase my interest. Right now the interest leans more to the personalities since in previous listening/viewings none of their songs seemed to grab my attention.

Hoping more people with more knowledge chime in. Especially other sites with more info or where to grab old episodes of the show.

So far I found their thread on jpopmusic.com to tbe rather informative but none of the mediafire links are working for me (they terminate early) yet.

#2 z3144228

z3144228

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:44 AM

Sayumi likes Idolling!!!

And Mayu Watanabe (AKB48) too

Posted Image

#3 donkeykong80

donkeykong80

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

I've heard a bunch of their stuffs but just don't find them interesting. Kinda boring... :blush:
Posted Image

#4 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:07 PM

Finally! An Idoling!!! thread!
I like them a lot, they are really funny. It's like having a girl version of Kanjani8.
Their singing may not be fantastic, but they are in no way horrible, and I have their first album (their 2nd one is coming out soon!)
It's hard to pick out a favorite with only watching 5 or 6 of the shows (and only completely understanding one), but my favorite was Takiguchi Mira, but she graduated recently...

#5 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the vid, I've been meaning to get into Idoling!!! but don't really know where to start. Any singles/albums/perfs/etc worth checking out as somewhere to start?

#6 Criss2032

Criss2032

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

Yeah... AT LAST! An Idoling!!! thread XD .

Its a nice group and very very funny. They worth a tread.

The last single; 無条件☆幸福 (Mujouken☆Koufuku) isnt bad.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Ruri Ruri looks great in this one :) :P

Attached Files

Posted Image

#7 Haro-Chan~!

Haro-Chan~!

Haro desu

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:45 PM

Sayumi likes Idolling!!!

LMAO Cute~!!

I like Idoling!!!~!
Their collaboration with AKB48 was really cute and I like the Chu Shiyouze! song~! :lol:
I really like a song of their's but I forgot how it's called...
The PV looks like they're at a party or something.

Dorky Haro-Chan is my favorite Haro-Chan~!
Posted Image
Siggy Made By Hotaru~Ruru!!!

#8 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the vid, I've been meaning to get into Idoling!!! but don't really know where to start. Any singles/albums/perfs/etc worth checking out as somewhere to start?

There's only one album, and it contains all of their singles up until it's release.
There is a new album coming out, which collects the singles after the 1st album was released.

Check out Onegai Fansubbing!!!, they have videos of some PVs.

#9 Gillianh

Gillianh

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

Idoling!!! 2nd album - Petit petit
http://ongkeo.summer...ary/read.php?12

#10 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

Saw this performance of 果汁30%オレンジジュースつぶつぶ入り on Idoling and can't get it out of my head now. I think it's about orange juice. If so it's the best song about orange juice I've heard in a while.

Thanks to those generous members uploading the DVDs and other Idoling stuff.

Kawamura Yui looks kinda un-idol like but she's hilarious. She's like the Kemeko or Mako of the group.
Kikuchi Ami looks like she could be related to Miyoshi Erika.

After watching a few more clips my favorites have expanded to include:
Yazawa Erika, Fonchi, Takiguchi Mira, Eto Maria, Kato Sayaka
and sometimes Koizumi Rumi and/or Sakai Hitomi

Does anyone know what exactly was wrong with Koizumi that made her leave the group?

#11 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

Of those you listed:
Idoling #1: Kato Sayaka
Idoling #2: Koizumi Rumi
Idoling #4: Eto Maria
Idoling #5: Takiguchi Mira (She was one of my favorites)
have all left

My favorite is Morita Suzuka, mainly because she acts in Shinkenger <3

For Koizumi, they just said it was "poor health".

March 18th 2009 was a massive graduation of some favorite first gen members, and I have a feeling they were fired because of some reason. That's just my speculation of course.

EDIT: By the way, that song is indeed about Orange Juice. Idoling!!!'s songs are usually about random/mundane things.

#12 kei_86

kei_86

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:50 AM

when it comes to Idoling!!! definitely have to visit

+http://acchimuitepie.blogspot.com/

for those who are looking for a starting point to Idoling!!! I'd suggest this

+http://acchimuitepie.blogspot.com/2008/05/of-hey-hey-hey-20080204-idoling-moteki.html

Idoling!!! very much reminds me of the old Hello! Morning, they are fun and random. The fact that they have tons of episode to watch just help you to be glued to the group :P
Posted Image

#13 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

Skimmed through Mira's Hatachi video and have to say maybe it's better for her that she left since she looked like she was trying too hard and/or was a bit out of place trying to be the cute sexy girl when her strength seems to be more as the mood maker and jokester. I hope to see her comedy routine in the future or more of her being a clown in general.

Yazawa on the other hand seems to be made for that sort of thing.

Why does Fonchi always look so pale?

Kawamura Yui is starting to grow on me but Kikuchi Ami is starting to scare me a bit.

Mujouken☆Koufuku has found a place on my mp3 player for the moment, joining Chu Shiyoze and 果汁30%オレンジジュースつぶつぶ入り. Baby blue not so much.

#14 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:25 AM

Skimmed through Mira's Hatachi video and have to say maybe it's better for her that she left since she looked like she was trying too hard and/or was a bit out of place trying to be the cute sexy girl when her strength seems to be more as the mood maker and jokester. I hope to see her comedy routine in the future or more of her being a clown in general.

Why does Fonchi always look so pale?

Really? Idoling!!! is supposed to be a funny show, so Mira seems like she fit it to me

Fonchi is Vietnamese, but all the Vietnamese people I know have a darker skin tone, so I dunno

#15 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

Idoling!! the show and Takiguchi's Hatachi DVD are two very different things. Seeing her in skimpy clothes by a pool or in other locations trying to be all sexy and alluring is kind of hard for me to take seriously. It's more funny/sad than ero the first time I watched it.

In other news, Yazawa is going to be starring in a late night fantasy comedy"Kodai Shoujo Dogu-chan" starting in October and Tonooka is going to be in a live action movie based on Go Nagai's "Abashiri Ikka" to be in theaters in November.

I don't know Tonooka that much but the premise as well as it being Go Nagai is enough to make me want to check it out. Hopefully Yazawa's drama gets upped (even if it doesn't get subbed) in decent quality somewhere as well.

After hearing that Kimura Kaela wrote the lyrics for Kokuhaku I felt I had to check it out again. Aside from the overdone camera effects/makeup making the girls look like they're made of plastic and slightly too fast panning making things blurry it's a better song than I remember the first time I tried to listen to it. Plus it was back before all the OGs graduated.

#16 kei_86

kei_86

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

I'm really looking forward to see the Idoling!!! band performing. I've been wanting to see Endou Mai's talent to be put into use for the longest of a time and finally my wish will be fulfilled :unsure:

Of course Kawamura on guitar too~ Since she come's from a family with musical background she should be okay with it. Can't wait for the 6th live.
Posted Image

#17 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:09 AM

Unsubbed clip from the latest subbed episode of the show for those who want an idea of what it's about before downloading. Morita Suzuka tries to get the others into her favorite band Boowy.  No sign of Asahi Nao's segment but it is equally awesome if not more so.

Found clips regarding Yazawa and Tonooka's upcoming shows/films thanks to http://acchimuitepie.blogspot.com/

Kodai Shoujo Dogu-chan

Abashiri Ikka The Movie

Yazawa's looks extra silly. Tonooka's looks kinda badass. Anyone watching Samurai Sentai Shinkenger? Morita Suzuka's the yellow ranger.

After watching a few more episodes (especially the latest subbed one) and a few more PVs Kawamura Yui's become a favorite since she's a bit of a tsukkomi character as far as I can tell.
Asahi Nao's posing awesomeness made me a fan also.

Yokoyama's starting to grow on me as well.

Morita Suzuka's Boowy obsession is a bit strange but at the very least you have to admire her passion.

Why is Koizumi the Grand Master?

#18 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:30 AM

I downloaded that one subbed from the tracker and it was pretty funny :good:

#19 kei_86

kei_86

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

I'm not sure when did they started calling her that but Koizumi has this aura about her. Plus no one could beat her in terms of giving reaction or free-talk. I guess that's how she get the title.
Posted Image

#20 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:32 AM

Finally watched the first episode of Kodai Shoujo Dogu-Chan and it is really weird. But at least Yazawa fans can see her in all her jiggliness. Sonim guest stars as a demon or something. Not 100% sure since I watched it w/o subs.

What's up with Tonooka having bandages on her face during the show now?

Becoming a Miyake Hitomi fan as of late.

Possibly because of "Na Ga Ra" and her uncontrollable habit of sticking out her tongue every so often. I think Takahashi Ai used to do something similar also.

「U」 is also one of my new favorites. I like how they aren't afraid to make the groups smaller as needed as the other girls don't end up just standing around. You can tell who's singing one part unlike some other songs where it's just a wall of unison singing.

Episode #555 was disappointing. Was all about the staff who are going out with each other and the girls playing Mah-Jong on cell phones. But then again I shouldn't compare such a low budget show to others like the AKB ones or how H!P's used to be.

Kawamura Yui and Ohkawa Ai are in the drama Tokyo Dogs as high school students but they're only on screen for a few seconds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users