• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

I am really horribly behind with all of this, but I finally played a 3D Zelda game for the very first time, this month! (I've played/re-played the first three games [A Link to the Past was a childhood favorite], as well as a number of the Gameboy releases [also 2D, obviously]--and enjoyed all of them very much--but as I don't actually own any consoles that run 3D games I'd just never gotten around to the more popular ones.)

So at any rate, for the first time I played a 3D Zelda game...and it was Majora's Mask. It was seriously difficult! Especially not being used to 3D games in general...I spent so many hours just falling down. ^^; (I think it is also probably a difficult game in general, but maybe it's hard for me to tell because I don't have perspective, haha.)
But I thought it was really a marvelous game, I was surprised by how beautifully its mechanics of repetition were handled. Really extraordinary, complex, really a work of art. I have only very rarely run into videogames that impressed me the way this game did.

All this boils down to: are the other 3D Zelda games this good? Should I make the extra effort to get access to them too?

#82 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I found Majoras Mask to e really difficult too, I can't believe how hard they made this game, I mean did Nintendo ever think how the hell are 7 year olds going to be able to play this game. I mean I was 18-19 when I first played it and I had no clue what to do or the first part of the game.

Since you've played MM, I suggest you play Ocarina of Time which is just before it (in terms of storyline), then there's Windwaker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
I have played L to the Past, but I would say I've preferred the 3d games a lot more.

#83 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I've played the DS games (Phantom Tracks and Spirit Hourglass, something like that :P), Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess is definitely my favourite one, can't recommend that one enough <3
I prefer the darker style of Zelda games than the cartoon one, but I do still like them :)

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#84 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Oh how can I forget the DS games, though phantom hourglass was pretty tedious, spirit tracks was very enjoyable, both humourous and fun.

#85 MayaChanShiDae

MayaChanShiDae

basically inactive

• Senpai
  • 2327 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

I was like 10 when I first played Phantom Hourglass. It's still my favourite game ever! It took me 8 months to complete (Being 10 haha) but I've completed it numerous times since, the fastest being in a little over a day a think. I just love everything about it! Spirit tracks was also really good.

aikagifwtex.gif
♥ Morning Musume (Sayu, Eripon, Aichan, Haruna, Miki, Nine smile lineup) H!P (Maimai, Nakky, Captain) ♥
♥ Sig by xdrewdrawdrawn ♥ Avvie by Jamie ♥ Voted Greatest High-King and Milky Way fan 2011 ♥

♥ Kikka 
TwitterTumblr

#86 Geheimaccount

Geheimaccount

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

I'm replaying the good old Ocarina of Time myself.. but i ted to be startled get scared really fast :P
and ignoring Navi, i'm mainly ignoring Navi :D

Posted Image

Supporting Tokunaga Chinami and Fukumura Mizuki since 2007

#87 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

^^ I really love Ocarina of Time but is it sad that after 10 years, I still haven't completed the game? >__<

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#88 Meekee-chan~desu

Meekee-chan~desu

チーム Sae ☆ Risa ☆ Sungmin

• Senpai
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Nintendo's doing a remake of Wind Waker for the Wii U and I don't know about any one else but I'm REALLY excited for it. Wind Waker has been my all time favourite game since my family got a Gamecube and we can't play it anymore because it's stuck in our old Wii! But still Wind Waker in HD with even brighter graphics! Oh I can't wait~
If you watch the Jan. 23 Nintendo Direct they talk about it and a whole bunch of other things that Nintendo is going to release.

♥ Amber • Saho Akari • Ikuta Erina • Niigaki RisaMiyazawa Sae Lee Sungmin • Murakami Megumi • Kariyase Light ♥
tumblr_nrib1zUcfZ1tgdqiyo5_500.jpg
MM'18 | f(x) | SJ | 48G | UUG | FDJ | Tumblr | Sig. made by Xeluneas

#89 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

I was like 10 when I first played Phantom Hourglass. It's still my favourite game ever! It took me 8 months to complete (Being 10 haha) but I've completed it numerous times since, the fastest being in a little over a day a think. I just love everything about it! Spirit tracks was also really good.

I agree, everybody disses those games but I love them. My phantom hourglass copy sorta glitched out in the ice dungeon though, Either that or I just can't find that small key anymore :(

#90 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Phantom Hourglass looked pretty cool to me actually. :)

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#91 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

It is a pretty cool game, but there were some scary/startling parts in it.

#92 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

I haven't truly loved a Zelda game since Majora's Mask. I really liked Wind Waker, but it took a while to get in to. Twilight Princess I found to be pretty meh. I hate, hate, HATE the wolf parts. And the game takes far too long to get started. It's boring as hell. I did enjoy it a bit more when I tracked down a copy of the GC version and was able to use a proper controller instead of waving the Wiimote around like an idiot, but still meh. I used to love the handheld games but I found Phantom Hourglass so annoying, both in controls and having to go back to that bloody dungeon over and over and over, and I hear Spirit Tracks was along the same lines, so I didn't bother.

I haven't even bothered with Skyward Sword. I was given it for Christmas the year it came out, but I've never bothered playing it.

My most recent Zelda purchases have been Oracle of Ages/Seasons on the 3DS shop. I had Seasons back on the GBC and loved it.

I am excited for Link to the Past 2, however. :D I hope it lives up to expectations. I miss being wowed by Zelda games, I've loved them all my life. One of the first games I ever completed was Link's Awakening on the Gameboy. I was 8. :P

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#93 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

The first Zelda game I played was Twilight Princess, and that one has a soft spot for me. The wolf parts got boring after a while but I liked being the wolf. And I didn't mind the wii version. I hadn't really played video games before then so I was completely un biased.  And I did like the story  a lot. It was a easy game but I still liked it anyways. I like my zelda games with a darker feel and a more unique game.

Skyward sword is good too. But it seems sorta lacking. Its the prequel to all zelda games so the simplified look of things and the way they laid out the land sorta makes sense. And the people of Skyloft it makes me wonder if they were the Occa's ancestors (from twilight princess)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users