• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:31 AM

Well I've been in a real Zelda mood lately and I realized there isn't a thread for this here so... anywayzzz

The Legend of Zelda (THE HYRULE FANTASY ゼルダの伝説) was released in 1986 for Famicom/NES and was truly groundbreaking game. With it's huge world, mazelike dungeons, large inventory of items and hordes of enemies it was an epic adventure unlike anything else at the time. Due to it's success a sequel was made the following year, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (ゼルダの伝説 (パート) 2 リンクの冒険), which was much more RPG like (and more challenging in many regards) than it's predecessor. The series soon returned back to it's roots though when the acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (ゼルダの伝説 神々のトライフォース) was released in 1991 for SFC/SNES and Link's Awakening on GB after that. Then in 1998 Ocarina of Time was released on N64 and the series truly became legendary with the games raving reviews and massive sales.

Over the years many more titles, all of them excellent, were released on nintendo's consoles and handhelds.

Anyways who else likes the zelda series? Share your thoughts, fandom and timeline theories (I'll be posting my timeline theory in the near future as I've recently come to a few realizations that forced me to rework my entire theory).

#2 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:59 AM

I too love the Zelda series. Ocarina of Time is one of my favourite games.

The ones I've beaten are Link to the Past, Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (plus the handheld ones, except Minish Cap)

Ocarina was one of the most exciting games to get. It was the first Zelda I got at launch, so I have the best memories with it. (I was only 9 at the time)

When Majoras came out, I played up until the save point before the first temple, and I ended my session. I don't know why, but I turned it back on just to check if it saved and where I started out from the save, but I turned it off without saving again. Next time I turned it on, I was back at the main town, and I was quite discouraged. Ever since then I can't get into the game, lol.

I also loved Links Awakening, Seasons and Ages.
I played through Phantom Hourglass, but I thought it was a little boring. It got better reviews and praise than I thought it deserved. Nothing memorable about that game at all for me, beside the controls which worked very well.

Now awaiting Spirit Tracks for DS, and the next Zelda Wii XD Also apparently the next Wii Zelda will be Motion + only. Can't wait!
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#3 Kuroki Pyon

Kuroki Pyon

Kawaii Gumi Russia R. G. Member

• Senpai
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:00 AM

I always wanted to play it but have never played any game from this series.
Only Ocarina of Time a little
Posted Image

#4 captainepic

captainepic

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

I'm not much of a fan of the Zelda games, although I do like the SNES One (Link to the Past?) that's a good game. I don't like Ocarina of time though :o Link to Past is probably the only one I like in the whole series. I guess they just aren't my sort of game ^_^
我、天啓を得たり
Posted Image

#5 adrasta

adrasta

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:56 AM

OOOhh yeah I love the Zelda games though I can't say I have played them all.
I have passed Ocarina of time soo many times! Majoras mask I liked but its a bit harder for me coz I keep forgetting things since working gets in the way of playing continuosly.. also the scary moon put me off at first :P. finished wind waker and also twilight princess for wii :) all so muh fun with great stories and so much to do

I want the older games still though :)

#6 Evening Musuko

Evening Musuko

• Senpai
  • 2403 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:57 AM

I love Zelda! The 3d ones are a little easy, especially Twilight princess, but I still like them.

I'm actually playing through OoT time now... for the 10th time. I'm playing it in Japanese though just for the hell of it.

#7 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:18 AM

I'm still playing Ocarina of Time on my Wii. I beat the game easily as a child, having trouble with it now at 15... what the hell is happening to me?

I'm at the part where Death Mountain has the ominous cloud overhead, just finished gathering all 10 Big Poes today for the last empty bottle of the game.

I have Twilight Princess now, but I'm saving it until I beat my other games. I hate leaving a bunch of games unfinished to start a new one.

Life is but a movie.

#8 impou

impou

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

I like Zelda too! I played on gameboy and then last year I discovered the game on the DS I think it's a very good game! You must write, and speak, and blow... But I found it easier than the old games (or maybe it's because I'm better :unsure:)
Posted Image

#9 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:01 AM

I beat Ocarina of Time today on my Wii, got it via Virtual Console.
Now I'm on to Majora's Mask ^_^

What I like about Zelda the most is the music. The Song of Storms from OoT is so awesome, and the in-game music gets better for me all the time, with each new game. The in0game worlds are also amazing, all the diverse races like Hylian, Gerudo, Zora... it makes the game more diverse, and to me that makes it all the more enjoyable.

Life is but a movie.

#10 DaiShuryou

DaiShuryou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1293 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

It's time to revive this thread and to start talking about real stuff like the Timeline and so on.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#11 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:49 AM

^

Spoiler

#12 DaiShuryou

DaiShuryou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1293 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

^
Spoiler

BTW, it seems that the Timeline will be revealed tomorrow, because a Zelda book by Nintendo called "Hyrule Hystoria" will be released and the first scans already show a Timeline part.
That's quit HUGE news, because I never expected that Nintendo would ever reveal the official Timeline.
Posted Image

#13 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

^

Spoiler

WHAT?? Seriously like an actual timeline?!!! Nintendo better not be messing here, I hope it's true and that we'll get an English version. I'd definitely buy that!!!

#14 JuulChii

JuulChii

Double Agent in Church of Maasa and Peach Pinky Heaven

• Senpai
  • 3864 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

Like a timeline of the chronologic order of the games?
I don't really get it, all games are different of the others right? Maybe except Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

~1/2~ MaaMomo Fan
192f7c06_2607_416d_bfc7_39675ae7302e_zps

H!P FanfictionYouTubeTwitterFacebook

#15 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

^ Yep chronologically so that it would all flow into a sort of big story. E.g Like you said Oot and MM are connected so within the "timeline" Oot would come before Majoras mask but what comes before Oot and what comes after majorask mas, fans have speculated many theories into which game comes first "story wise" and why certain things happened etc. Seeing as nintendo has confirmed Skyword Sword ot be the first in the timeline it would be interesting to see how the rest fit into this all.

Hopefully this book will clear it for us all.

#16 DaiShuryou

DaiShuryou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1293 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

^
^
^
Spoiler

Yeah it's true, all Zelda fansites are going crazy about this book right now. I hope it really is the chronological Timeline and that Nintendo didn't screwed it up.
There should be a translation of this Timeline by the weekend, because there are enough Zelda fans with Japanese skills who just wait for the scans to translate it.
This book even has artworks, concept designs etc. from every Zelda game, it must be one hell of a epic book.

@JuulChii

Well, there is a chronological order to the games. I don't know how far you are with TP now, but as soon as you reached a curtain part of the game, you will see it's clear connections to OoT.
It also has a lot of connections to SS, like the heroe's clothes, which were worn by SS Link a long time ago.

BTW, what does your guys Timeline looks like?
Posted Image

#17 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

^

Spoiler

Cool! I'm definitely going to look out for that, though I'd love to buy a copy of my own seeing as it has a lot of drawings.

#18 JuulChii

JuulChii

Double Agent in Church of Maasa and Peach Pinky Heaven

• Senpai
  • 3864 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

I'm playing Twilight Princess for my thrid time :) (on hold for skyward :P ) But never saw the connection with Ocarina of Time :o Where??

~1/2~ MaaMomo Fan
192f7c06_2607_416d_bfc7_39675ae7302e_zps

H!P FanfictionYouTubeTwitterFacebook

#19 DaiShuryou

DaiShuryou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1293 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

^
Well, you enter the Temple of Time which is in ruins during TP's time, in Lake Hylia you see a photo of OoT's fisherman on a wall, you see what happened to Ganondorf after Link told Zelda in OoT what will happen in the future etc.
It is the direct sequel of OoT and the light spirits even talk about a hero from a long time ago and they give Link the clothes of that hero. This hero from long ago was SS Link, because OoT Link never became a hero in the Child Timeline.

^
^
Spoiler

Posted Image

#20 DaiShuryou

DaiShuryou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1293 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

It seems that a Japanese person shared the Timeline information from the book with a few websites.
BUT, this person hasn't provided any scans yet, so everything could be fake afterall. But according to this person, the Timeline fro mthe book looks like this:

ムジュラ→トワプリ→4剣+
              ↑
スカウォ→ぼうし→4剣→時オカ→神トラ→木の実→夢島→初代→リン冒
              ↓ 
             タクト→砂時計→汽笛

So after SS comes Minish Cap, then Four Swords and then Ocarina of Time. And there are not just 2 Splits in Ocarina of Time, but 3 Splits!!!!
WTF? That doesn't make any sense and FSA is after TP but in a different Timeline than ALTTP? That's just stupid, because you visit in FSA a lot of places which are just ruins in ALTTP, so it has to be it's prequel.
This Timeline is very confusing, I hope that book scans with the explanations will appear soon, so that I can understand where that third split comes from.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users