Photo

Download Limitation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 hisashirockz

hisashirockz

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:06 AM

I came home today with surprise, because my internet cable provider apparently called me due to my downloads that exceeded the limit....
Chotto Matte..download have a limit??? i just knew that today..and it sucks...honestly
im only allowed to download 20 GB per month, and for the past two months i have downloaded more than 200 GB..just from this tracker and Jpopsuki...
the company also threaten to cut off the connection if i keep doin that...the other way out is to change the connection to the business connection with unlimited download...but guss how much it is...500 CDN dollars a month!!!!!! compare to the current one which is just 40 dollars!!!

Is it just me that download that much and got into this trouble?or is there any of guys who apparently have experienced this kind of thing???

Now I really have to set a limit and count exactly how many bites that i should be downloaded each month... XD
by the way this country im talkin about is CANADA...
i dont know about other countries, thats why i want to hear from u guys..

#2 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:22 AM

have u reviewed ur contract with the company? the terms etc?
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#3 memomu

memomu

H!O fileshare

• Senpai
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:37 PM

I've had 10/10mbit fiber for 6 (~$38/month) years now and I dont have that kind of limit here. Im going to move soon so I'll lose my connection...hopefully I'll get an equaly good connection or better. I know that my company got a limit if I want to upgrade to 100mbit, I think the limit is 300gb and that is quite big limit so I think you should be okey with that.

#4 Taurmindo

Taurmindo

9th gen member

• Uploader
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:07 PM

i got 10/10mbit with no cap, though we have lots of providers that have capped connections. i.e.; i could have chosen the 4/4mbit with 20gb (ul+dl) cap when they rebuilded the net around here.. so we got capped lines, but usually we can choose that we want the uncapped, for a higher price, of course. country: sweden btw. XD
now, that's quality comments that everyone can enjoy.

#5 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:12 PM

Is it just me that download that much and got into this trouble?or is there any of guys who apparently have experienced this kind of thing???

Oh yes, we have... (in sweden) What you should do first, is to check the terms fine prints, to see if there is such a download limit BEFORE you you order... XD Then, I suggest you browse around the different Internet sevice providers and compare prices and such. The ones being the fastest, doesn't necessarily mean they are the best (cap)... Just single out the ones that cap the line "-_- and then choose one of them that don't that don't! Check your firewall btw, so that they don't have been snooping around your computer, because some companies have a tendency to do that. I know from experience...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#6 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:44 PM

10/10 but they are limiting/blocking every P2P-program... It wasn't like this before and since people have complained about it has been said that it will be stopped( if not, it's time to change ISP). It's strange in many ways for example trackers are not registering my ratios (but I'm not a leecher, I'm uploading all the time about 300kib/s :D ) but we'll see how things work out. XD
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#7 Kaitou1412

Kaitou1412

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:36 AM

at college yes we do...|||

i don't know exactly how much though XD

we get cut off once we go pass the limit...
and then it comes back up in 24 hrs...
but I remember I used to be able to DL stuff at T3 speed...
the DL rate would be like 600kb...it was scary...a whole HM episode in less than 10 minutes...|||
I moved though...so no more T3 for me... :D
off topic...anywayz...

#8 nayami

nayami

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

Oh I don't think I have a download limit here (Spain) though I don't download that much... (because my download speed isn't really good... :) )
well, comparing with friends around the world I've seen the connections here in Spain are really poor... Like in a lot of European countries the normal connection is like 10 times ours..... v.v :)
Posted Image

#9 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:35 PM

by the way this country im talkin about is CANADA...

Let me guess, you're using SHAW.
Just switch to Telus and stop worrying :)

#10 Asayan

Asayan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

100/100mbit with 1TB cap (you can get more, but you have to pay) - for downloading stuff
and
3mbit/512 kbit with 250Gb cap - just for surfing
Posted Image

#11 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:29 PM

Hm,

Okay, anyone here have Comcast cable in the bay area? I looked through their ToS, and it didn't say anything about a limit. I asked them on livechat and they said "we do have a download and upload limit" but they would NOT tell me what it was. Talk about lame. The guy basically said "if you run a server, we'll know, and it will bring up a red flag. You will be notified via email and phone if you approach the limit".

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#12 arbud

arbud

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

mine via unstable 3G or gprs phone connection (=US$13/month)
max. speed only 256 Kbps (32 kB/s) just for 3GB transfer....the rest (after 3GB) speed limited max. 64 Kbps (8 kB/s)

at here, im too poor for paying 'better' unstable 1 Mbps ADSL connection (=US$ 78/month) :good:

#13 Tyki

Tyki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:47 AM

Hisa, I'm also from Canada. Are you using one of the major providers? (Sympatico, Rogers). Rogers I know for a fact has a download limit, I know several people who have gotten emails from them.

I use Sympatico, and I've never gotten an email saying I have passed my limit. Pay about 52 dollars a month I think, its a regular DSL high speed connection.

#14 Yo Jimbo

Yo Jimbo

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:23 AM

Hmm I'm from Canada, use Shaw and haven't gotten warnings from them (though I heard my friends have). I guess it helps that I don't d/l that much so I haven't hit my cap yet. Seems the only solutions available to you is switch ISP that would have a bigger cap or scale back ur d/ls.
Posted Image
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

#15 Tyki

Tyki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:33 AM

Hmm I'm from Canada, use Shaw and haven't gotten warnings from them (though I heard my friends have). I guess it helps that I don't d/l that much so I haven't hit my cap yet. Seems the only solutions available to you is switch ISP that would have a bigger cap or scale back ur d/ls.

What province are you from? I thought Rogers and Sympatico were the biggest all over Canada, maybe its just Ontario o.0

I've seen commercials for Shaw, but have never met anyone here that has it.

#16 Yo Jimbo

Yo Jimbo

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

Lol well I'm from Alberta, Calgary to be exact and oddly enough, I thought Shaw was the biggest all over Canada ^^
Posted Image
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards