• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

maybe tom jane (the guy from the punisher) could play rambo?

#22 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:27 AM

There are a few but I think I'm only going to name one, just to keep it easy on myself. He's been a fav of mine since I was little. His name is Michael J. Fox.
I loved him on tv in 'Family Ties', as Alex P. Keaton. I loved him in 'Teen Wolf'.
Most specifically I loved him in the 'Back To The Future' triolgy. Those were just amazing and totally cool. One BIG thing I loved about those movies..... the hoverboard. God that was just so coool. I've always wanted one since then.
Also another fav movie of mine of his is 'For Love or Money'. That was absolutely hilarious. He and Kurt Douglas were wonderful in it.
His 'horror' movie 'The Frighteners' was also pretty good and enjoyable. I was absolutely estatic when his new tv show 'Spin City' started.

He is just such a good actor, he's very funny, and very entertaining.
He's a nice guy with great talent. Those are just some of my favs Michael J. Fox movies/shows. There are a lot more but those are my the best of the favs. :good:

#23 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:35 AM

I loved him on tv in 'Family Ties', as Alex P. Keaton.

i seem to remember the perfect alex p. keaton moment for me, camui.

alex and his [also financially oriented] girlfriend standing in the kitchen, talking about money:

girlfriend: "there's nothing like the smell of money."

[pause]

alex: the smell of money in the rain."

girfriend: aahh...

that cracked me up for weeks afterward.

Besides Vin, who would fit to play the 80's actionhero Rambo?

first the logical ones:

the rock ["scorpion king" and "walking tall", but he stunk in "walking tall" so naturally i liked the movie]

mention sly and naturally someone will mention dolph lundgren, although his voice would probably have to be dubbed by sly. heh, heh...

claude van damme, no thank you, man...

now the off-the-wall suggestions:

jason stratham [who?] the guy in "transporter", enough raw edge but maybe too talky...

patrick swayze, i know, he's pretty much a bad actor, but he had a few good scenes in "road house"

casper van diem, the "nice guy" in the original storm troopers movie, but he'd need a couple of scars to be believable.

really off-the-wall:

kurt russell, was totally believable as a soldier in "soldier", a good sci fi cheeser and also a very believable soldier in "stargate", with a classic flattop haircut so straight that you could land a navy hellcat on it.

p.s. tom jane was kew in "the punisher"

#24 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:57 AM

I remember that! That's priceless. :angry: Gosh, there were so many great Alex moments. Alex P. Keaton was such a great charcter. He was the reason I loved the show as much as I did.

#25 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:38 PM

well i think kago ai is considered an actor since she was in minimoni the movie and kochira hon ikegami sho so ^_^
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#26 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

thats true about kago and probably most of hp since the majority were in tv movie and so on.

#27 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:16 AM

no doubt about it kireikoori and chin0bo, if you've been paid to act, you're an actor, as are most of the h!p'ers.

but of all of those people, my guess for the most potential as successful future actors:

ogawa makoto and yoshizawa hitomi, they have expertly played a wide assortment of characters in haro moni and seem to do it easily

i think they a have an innate ability for it, but more important, they seem to enjoy it alot and you need that in any job.

but i have to hand it to tsugichan and kagochan, they are the best when it comes to comedy.

#28 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:33 AM

has anyone here seen the acting of Chiaki Kuriyama?
I think she is pretty good.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#29 Amarach

Amarach

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:43 AM

I really enjoy Jean Reno. He won me over with his performance in "Wasabi"... one of my favorite movies.

I also really enjoy Zhang Ziyi (House of Flying Daggers) and Chow Yun Fat (CTHD & Corrupter).

Mel Gibson in Braveheart was wonderful.

Finally.... I can't help it, but I love Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Conner. Xena will ride again, damnit! :w00t:

Oh... and I am fond of Abe now... saw her in Last Present and was suprised at how well she did.
Posted Image
You can't run from death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it.
My Personal Site of my life in China
My Art at DeviantArt.Com

#30 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:27 PM

I read that X-Men 3 is in pre-production! :w00t: I saw Hugh Jackman talk abit about it on D L Show too. I just wanted to ask you guys; What do you think of Hugh playing Wolverine? I think he does it pretty darn good! But some of my friends ("I own every single X-Men Comic book ever released") say they do NOT like him. Because he is too small, not the bulldozer-built Wolverine of the comics. I really don't agree. Look at his face, for example. Or the fight with Sabretooth in the snow (in X-Men 1), could he BE more Wolverine?
Opinions?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#31 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:46 AM

What do you think of Hugh playing Wolverine?

I loved him.... I didn't like any of the other x-men in the movie (cyclops, jean, storm...rogue... noone of them are similar to the comic version) but jackman was perfect ^^

#32 Amarach

Amarach

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:18 AM

Aye, he is a great Wolvie... where the hell is Gambit?

I kind of don't like Halley being Storm.

I am not sure of Jessica Alba as Mrs. Fantastic, but we will see how that goes.

On Topic: I like Christopher Lambert. Not the greatest actor, but wicked voice.
Posted Image
You can't run from death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it.
My Personal Site of my life in China
My Art at DeviantArt.Com

#33 nilay

nilay

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:11 PM

OMFG
i look at this thread expecting to find great actors and pow!!!
santa said vin deisel ......
that guy cant act for shit :lol:
pithc black was an average film, triple x was one of the worst flms i have ever seen, riddick was terrible and fast and furious just didint do it for me
only film i like with vin deisel is saving private ryan cos he dies in it x_x
i myself prefer

morgan freeman, clint eastwood, dustin hoffman, samuel l jackson, harrison ford,
and some others i have forgotten to mention

asian actors wise i like
tony leung chiu wai and the guy who plays oh daesu in oldboy

actresses = nicole kidman, for consistent good performances and maggie cheung is also very good
Ai Chan Fanboy
Posted Image

#34 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

OMFG
i look at this thread expecting to find great actors and pow!!!
santa said vin deisel ......
that guy cant act for shit :P
pithc black was an average film, triple x was one of the worst flms i have ever seen, riddick was terrible and fast and furious just didint do it for me
only film i like with vin deisel is saving private ryan cos he dies in it x_x

That?'s right. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#35 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:19 PM

nilay~~ I understand you feel that way, but you could have said that in a much less offensive manner. Just because you feel that way doesn't mean you should make others feel bad. Also this isn't the 'TECHNICALLY GREAT ACTORS' thread. It's the favorites. You are welcome to your opinion but don't bash someone else's just because you feel differently.
You also didn't mention 'A Man Apart'. Which I personally thought was his best film, I loved it. I also loved XXX and I liked Riddick a lot. x_x I thought Pitch Black was okay. I didn't enjoy the F&F though. I didn't enjoy Paul Walker's acting.

Amarach~~ I loved Christopher Lambert in Highlander(which Sean Connery was AWESOME in), Highlander: The Series(he was great in the only episode he appeared in, which was the first episode), and Highlander: Endgame.
As well as Adrian Paul in Highlander: The Series(which he starred in) and Highlander: Endgame.

Speaking about Endgame, I thought the theatrical ending was terrible. The extended Director's cut has the best and happier ending. It also includes scenes that were in the trailers but were cut of of the theatrical version. Anyways, the ending I like is where: Duncan and Kate MacLeod start over. So only with the extended Director's cut ending am I happy. :lol:

#36 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:18 PM

Camui Posted on Jul 16 2005, 01:19 AM

You also didn't mention 'A Man Apart'. Which I personally thought was his best film, I loved it.

aaahh, the great vin diesel debate continues in vigorous mode.

if any movie shows vin's technicals skills, "it's the pacifier." i said the guy could act, and i stand by it.

Amarach Posted on Jun 19 2005, 11:18 AM

On Topic: I like Christopher Lambert. Not the greatest actor, but wicked voice.

Amarach Posted on Jun 18 2005, 03:43 PM

I really enjoy Jean Reno. He won me over with his performance in "Wasabi"... one of my favorite movies.

right on target, amarach.

if you liked reno in "wasabi", this big, ugly, quiet, and dignified actor will make you cry in "the professional", a story about a cleaner [an assasin] who rescues a young girl from the syndicate, the group, the firm, whatever they are calling organized crime these days.

nilay Posted on Jul 16 2005, 12:11 AM

asian actors wise i like tony leung

leung's performance in "full time killer" as a slick, saavy, and sometimes insane, assasin was perfect.

#37 nilay

nilay

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:37 PM

ahh yees sorry about my offensive reply its just i have a grudge against vin diesel cos i was watching pithcb lack for the very first time
and a freind kept jumping around shouting hes the man!, hes the MAN!
it really annoyed me, then i saw XXX, which disgusted me :)

vin diesel was decent in pitch black but it just diidnt interest me

but if steven spielberg found him he must be decent, still needs the right film

i forgot to mention robert de niro and al pacino
i love them 2 :ph34r: for many films they are in including scarface and raging bull
Ai Chan Fanboy
Posted Image

#38 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:40 PM

You seem to have cool friends... :ph34r: (jumping around saying, "he?'s the man! He?'s the man!)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#39 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

omiko~~ I haven't seen 'The Pacifier' yet so I can't comment on it. It certainly looks like a great movie and looks very funny too.

I really loved 'The Professional'. One of my younger brother did as well. So much so he bought two versions of the dvd,'Leon' & 'The Professional'. Natalie Portman was awesome in her role as the little girl, she was and is very talented. :ph34r:

#40 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:59 PM

Natalie was the adult, and Jean was the kid. Who killed... Some great acting in that film! I think Natalie was only 11 or 12yrs old when she did that one.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users