• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:38 PM

What is your favorite actor/actress? Any country/genre/etc. goes! And do tell us WHY they are your favorites! If they have been in any cool movie and so on. And please respect peoples opinions, ok? No bashing.

Well, here's mine:

Cool #1; VIN DIESEL! This is mainly because of the movie "Pitch Black" where he did the awsome role as Riddick. That was an instant favorite... If you haven't seen it, do it RIGHT NOW! :o "Fast And The Furious" and "Triple X" only added to what I already know... :sob:

Cool #2; Keanu Reaves: Because of "The Matrix" -movies. Nuf said... He didn't do too bad of a job in "Constantine" either.

Cool #3; Nicholas Cage: Maybe he hasn't done any supercool movies in the last years( "-_- ), but movies like "Con Air", "8 mm" and especially "Gone In 60 Seconds" are reruns regularly at my place... The world premiere of "Gone..." was one ear-poppingly cool movie experience, with an even cooler Nic driving alot of amazing cars! :)
Posted Image Don't turn your back...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#2 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

-- Kiefer Sutherland!

Because of 24 ...it's a tv series, but it's better than any existant movie :)
he is perfect in the role of jack bauer :sob:
Posted Image

#3 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:41 AM

Nicholas Cage, Bruce Willis, Natalie Portman, Tom Hanks, Takeuchi Yuko, Kimura Takuya, Matsu Takako, Jet Li, Gillian Chong.

and the list below is those i like them when they dressed up as a soldier:
Ben Afflect, Josh Harnett, Ewan McGregor, Will Smith, Orlando Bloom, and basically everyone. LOL

#4 Eijiro

Eijiro

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:00 AM

What is your favorite actor/actress? Any country/genre/etc. goes! And do tell us WHY they are your favorites! If they have been in any cool movie and so on. And please respect peoples opinions, ok? No bashing.

Well, here's mine:

Cool #1; VIN DIESEL! This is mainly because of the movie "Pitch Black" where he did the awsome role as Riddick. That was an instant favorite... If you haven't seen it, do it RIGHT NOW! :D "Fast And The Furious" and "Triple X" only added to what I already know... :D

Cool #2; Keanu Reaves: Because of "The Matrix" -movies. Nuf said... He didn't do too bad of a job in "Constantine" either.

Cool #3; Nicholas Cage: Maybe he hasn't done any supercool movies in the last years( "-_- ), but movies like "Con Air", "8 mm" and especially "Gone In 60 Seconds" are reruns regularly at my place... The world premiere of "Gone..." was one ear-poppingly cool movie experience, with an even cooler Nic driving alot of amazing cars! :D
Posted Image Don't turn your back...

I dislike all them... lol... dunno why.

Well at the moment I really like Satoshi Tsumabuki, Ryoko Hirosue, Takashi Sorimacho, Tsuyoshi Domoto, and Jun Matsumoto.

Yeah.. been a dorama junkie lately, lots of talented actors XD

#5 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:39 PM

I like these actors
nicolas cage for his ability to act out any role from the bad ass in Con air to the wimpy guy from 'THE ROCK'

Hughe Grant for his acting and inate abliity to bring out the comedy in the jokes and his acting skills
-----------
OMG Vin diesal how can you like him, hes a greeedy b4st4rd and can only play macho roles, tripe X that sucked ass.

Actresses
NICOLE kidman - also her ability to act out any role and her pure sheer beauty when on screen.

Sandra bullock - shes great and plays lovable characters and acts out her characters naturally.

soo i loved, 2 Weeks notice with hughe grant and sandra got the dvd ^_^ thats my list of my 4 favourites
VANILJ DROMMAR :)

#6 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

OMG Vin diesal how can you like him, hes a greeedy b4st4rd and can only play macho roles, tripe X that sucked ass.

Heh, I just think it?Ls cool with an actionhero that?Ls below 30yrs. And I like the action roles he play! :) I wouldn?Lt want to see him do Shakespere or something...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#7 driler

driler

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:17 PM

Jackie Chan, Jet Lee, Jeanclaude Van Dame these one of my fav because i love to watch spectacular fights :) and Arnold Schwarzeneger for a part in Terminator2 :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:39 AM

vin diesel... i dunno.

there are two scenes in "a man apart":

1) where he thanks his bearded friend for visiting him in the hospital, he was "really" thanking him...

2) where he looks totally blank after beating the man that killed his wife...

i mean, the man can act, i just don't think they give him the right movie yet.

the only actor that can make me forget that he's an actor, getting me involved in the movie instead, is willem defoe, "nosferatu" is a perfect example.

but my favorite actor is morgan (who?) freeman, he always brings dignity to all his roles.

in "hard rain", a totally forgetable movie, he is a bank robber and one of his gang members really messes up. instead of beating him up, which would have happened in any other movie, he just says," dam it, billy, dam it... go on, get back there..."

no violence, and he's the bad guy.

he's always quiet and dignified in all his movies and he has played both hero and villian.

my favorite actress is emma thompson, she even played the voice of the animated cat pirate, captain of the pirate ship in "treasure planet", but is probably better known as the wife to john (vinny barbarino) travolta in "primary colors", a movie about bill clinton, remember him?

[someone stop me from seeing too many movies...]

#9 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:48 AM

Nah, I won't stop you... :omg: I'm a movie fanatic too! (Got shelf after shelf with vhs, dvd, and even some ooold laser discs) When you say Morgan Freeman, I think of the movie "Seven". He did such a great great role there as detective Sommerset. And he totally outshined mr. "smiley" Pitt... :w00t:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#10 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:19 PM

Takeshi Kitano cause i enjoy a lot of the movies he acted in especially Kikujiro.
Simon Yam cause he has a really bad guy.
Jet li, Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, Tony Jaa and on and on cause they bring the action to films.
Cecilia Cheung cause she a good actress and does real good in movies that are really sad like doing that whole crying thing in fly me to polaris.

#11 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

Nah, I won't stop you... :D I'm a movie fanatic too! (Got shelf after shelf with vhs, dvd, and even some ooold laser discs) When you say Morgan Freeman, I think of the movie "Seven". He did such a great great role there as detective Sommerset. And he totally outshined mr. "smiley" Pitt... :D

I loved morgan freeman in 'THe shawshank redemption', it is one of the best films i ever seen, in uk top100 rated movies it came 3rd.

Even my Korean friend think its one of the best movies he seen, and he watched it in korea in subtitles.

7 was a great movie, hes a really good actor like Jack nickelson but their not my favourites. but like your tastes except Vin deasal. When they offered him the part of Pitch black 2 he asked for more money like couple of mills worth of $. that movie put him on the face of the Earth, thats one of the main reasons why i dont like him. (sorry for the bitching about him, but thats the whole point of forums to share your opinion and common interests :D )
VANILJ DROMMAR :)

#12 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:53 AM

santa san, great reply.

Nah, I won't stop you... I'm a movie fanatic too!

confession time... i really, really like bad movies, like: road warrior rip off "warriors of the wasteland," that was made in italy, a kind of spagetti sci fi, "battle for the bronx" which probably cost $35.79 to make, some real cheesers: "queen of outer space" [with zsa zsa (who? who?) gabor, at the end of her career], barbarella, death wish 4, "garfield the cat", and one million b.c., with a kid named raquel welch, you get the idea...

...even some ooold laser discs

what can i say, except weigh kewl, it would be too much if you had betamax cassettes.

I loved morgan freeman in 'THe shawshank redemption'

aco, thanx also, totally forgot about shankshaw redemption

ok, real confession time, i have seen a bunch of "godzilla" movies, i mean really sat down and watched them with interest and enjoyed them.

thanx for the replies, all, as you can see i really enjoy movies.

#13 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

(sorry for the bitching about him, but thats the whole point of forums to share your opinion and common interests? )

Nouu problems! :D

i really, really like bad movies, like: road warrior rip off "warriors of the wasteland," that was made in italy, a kind of spagetti sci fi, "battle for the bronx" which probably cost $35.79 to make, some real cheesers: "queen of outer space" [with zsa zsa (who? who?) gabor, at the end of her career], barbarella, death wish 4, "garfield the cat", and one million b.c., with a kid named raquel welch, you get the idea...

So you like that stuff eh? Just you WAIT 'til I tell you what I just bought on the auction site Tradera! Hehehe.........Posted Image
I'm expecting it in the (snail)mail any day now. Then I'll make an "interesting" review here right away!
Here's a title to wet your appetite: "The Brain that wouldnt die" A funny thing about those movies, is that one can catch many later-became-famous actors doing their first role!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#14 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:07 AM

one can catch many later-became-famous actors doing their first role!

exactly!!!

for example:
mel gibson was a kind of regular guy, an everyman's hero in austrailia's "mad max" and "mad max: road warrior", then boom, "lethal weapon" and "maverick" and all of a sudden he's some kind of a dorky superhero.

clint eastwood debuted all of three seconds as a lab teckie in the "creature of the black lagoon" followup, "the creature returns", then boom, rawhide, spaghetti westerns, and dirty harry.

jack nicholson was a smarmy young punk following roger corman [the emporer of bad movies] around, bothering him, until corman let him be the urk! sensitive young hood in "hell's angel's on wheels". although, strictlyspeaking, i think his first role was in "the terror" or "the raven" both really bad british movies, which i thoroughly enjoyed.

but my favorite is michelle yeough, although this one i can't verify because it was told to me by another movie freak: "rumble in the bronx", a jackie chan movie was on location and the producers wanted a realistic, dangerous stunt, so they get this kid, michelle yeough, and tell her, "you ride a motocycle from the ledge onto the moving train, peice of cake" and she promptly did that, to the amazement of the crew and cast!!!

to my understanding this particular stunt has never been repeated anymore in real time [there may be similar stunts with cg or breaks in editing] because no stunt driver will attempt it!!! the same sweet angel in "mincing tiger, flouncing dragon."

i may be wrong about the movie but i remember every thing else pretty clearly... michelle, u rok!!

a title to wet your appetite: "The Brain that wouldnt die"

arrgghhh!!! must calm down... must wait...

i will now wrap my wrists with duct tape and bore no more.

#15 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:13 PM

clint eastwood debuted all of three seconds as a lab teckie in the "creature of the black lagoon" followup, "the creature returns",

Really? Cool! I only have the "Creature From The Black Lagoon", haven't seen/found the follow-up. When one think of how old those movies are, Clint must have been like, 14? 15? It?Ls like Johnny Depps debut in "Nightmare on Elm Street, where he was sucked down in the bed, in a bloody mess. Then, much later, he does movies like, the great great "Secret Window", or the (pretty) entertaining "Pirates Of The Caribbean". "Pirates..." 2 - Dead Man's Chest is coming up soon, btw!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#16 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:20 AM

but my favorite is michelle yeough, although this one i can't verify because it was told to me by another movie freak: "rumble in the bronx", a jackie chan movie was on location and the producers wanted a realistic, dangerous stunt, so they get this kid, michelle yeough, and tell her, "you ride a motocycle from the ledge onto the moving train, peice of cake" and she promptly did that, to the amazement of the crew and cast!!!

to my understanding this particular stunt has never been repeated anymore in real time [there may be similar stunts with cg or breaks in editing] because no stunt driver will attempt it!!! the same sweet angel in "mincing tiger, flouncing dragon."

i may be wrong about the movie but i remember every thing else pretty clearly... michelle, u rok!!

Sorry, but this about Michelle Yeoh is not true.
After a dancing and beauty pageant career she started acting around 1984.
The first time she had ever done anything with Jackie Chan was a commercial in 1980.
And that motorcycle stunt she did was in 'police story III : supercop' were she co-starred with Jackie Chan and actually blew him off the screen. And lot's of other stuntmen had allready done this stunt and still have done as well.
So in short you have been misinformed.
How do I know this? I have adored this woman sinve '88 orso and still do.
^^;
If it ain't Musume, I don't want it.
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

#17 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:28 AM

eggscellent, zandar!

thanx for bringing light to this subject.

i will update my files on michelle

good choice of woman to adore....

#18 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:56 PM

Hey you guys, I heard that Sylvester Stallone is going Jurassic Park on us! Because he is going to make RAMBO 4!!
What??? <3 He must be 150 years old! Is he going to shoot bad guys sitting in his wheelchair? Hm, maybe his nurse is holding the M16 for him... :good:

On the other hand, if mr. VIN DIESEL were to play this role... :good:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#19 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:14 AM

sylvester stallone in rambo 4, interesting...

maybe, he's even increased his vocabulary.

no offense,sly. personally i thought your role as a chicago gangster race car driver [u hadda be there] in DEATHRACE 2000, made at a time when bad movies ruled hollywood, was nothing short of incredibly bad, which means i just luved it ]

on the other hand, vin diesel would make for a sharper cut character.

in ALIENATION, a really old and really bad futuristic sci fi movie, which i thoroughly luved, they showed a theatre marquee announcing "RAMBO 6"

maybe vin could work out a three movie contract.

#20 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:44 PM

YES! He would totally fit in the role as Rambo! <3 I can't think anyone else that would do that. :good:
It's a good question really; Besides Vin, who would fit to play the 80's actionhero Rambo? :good:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users