Photo

Do you wanna be a idol?

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you wanna be a idol? (388 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you wanna be a idol?

1. Yes(Female) (234 votes [60.31%])

Percentage of vote: 60.31%

2. No(Female) (44 votes [11.34%])

Percentage of vote: 11.34%

3. Yes(Male) (52 votes [13.40%])

Percentage of vote: 13.40%

4. No(Male) (58 votes [14.95%])

Percentage of vote: 14.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Raelyan

Raelyan

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Maple Musume omg lolololoololol. They could be onto something with that. Ireland can have Shamrock Musume or something.

#202 MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

I'm 17 turning into 18... I'm quite tall (165cm) for a Japanese idol group like AKB48, Momosu etc. but I really want to be an idol (aidoru)  :sob:

and state whether you're a boy or a girl

My gender is HIMITSU...  XP

LoveLive! website (Japanese / English) - Stage48 - MyAnimeList - My Website (Malay / English) - Facebook - Twitter - Osu! - Last.fm - YouTube - I live in GMT+8 time zone area.

Most of us are sad with the closure of H!O tracker, but life must be go on! Options: Nyaa.se / Jpopsuki / Aidoru!Online (Old: Alt poll, tagging poll)

Searching for AKB48 SHOW! episodes? There's MP4 batch torrent in Nyaa.se : 2013 Batch | 2014 Batch | 2015 Batch | Also: A!O Batch | Individual torrents are being uploaded in Jpopsuki.

#203 pixymisa

pixymisa

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:15 AM

I would have love a chance to be an idol before deciding whether I want to graduate from it and enter a university.

Posted Image

#204 Neru Pyon Aishi

Neru Pyon Aishi

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

-

#205 Da-manta-ray

Da-manta-ray

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1306 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

I definitely wouldn't want to be an idol. Never in a million years. For some context, I am female.

Assuming that I was of age (which I'm not - too old at 22) and that I could speak Japanese fluently (which I can't), I like having my privacy and doing what I feel like without having a bunch of old dudes judging my appearance, my heritage (I'm am mixed Asian: half Chinese, half Nepali) and mannerisms. Between avoiding boys (since it appears even just sitting next to a guy on a bus will spark rumours), meticulously watching my weight lest someone think I'm overweight (which I already do for health reasons, but not to the extent that an idol would have to), tiring myself out to do photoshoots, TV appearances, concert rehearsals, handshake events all the while attending high school? All to please a bunch of 30 to 40-year-old Japanese guys who call themselves your fans but will turn on you the minute you do something "improper"? Nope. Not my thing.

Not to mention, your "shelf life" as an idol is into your twenties and then you're considered washed up. So it's not even a great long term job in the practical sense. I guess you could go on to being a tarento or something, but I wouldn't be some 40-year-old woman being constantly reminded of what I was as a teenager. Or if you want to leave the idol industry to be an artist or actor or some more serious artistic career, you will forever be branded with the fact that you were an idol like Ayaya or Ichii Sayaka. 

Though I'll have to say that's probably also why I admire idols quite a bit; that they're willing to fulfill their dreams even with all this in mind. Especially those who join the idol game when they're older like Haruna, who have probably thought more about these things than those who joined at 12-13 or younger and then *still* decide to do it. And especially those who put their all into being idols even when it seems like it would be impossible, like Momoko juggling a high-profile TV career, university and Berryz activities.

You might call me a bit of a DD (I do have a clear favourite, but honestly I have no beef with any of the girls), but I really can't hate anyone who goes through all the crap idols put up with.

My Favourites!

MM OGs: Suzuki Kanon, Yoshizawa Hitomi ~ Current MM: Iikubo Haruna, Makino Maria

Berryz: Tsugunaga Momoko ~ ANGERME: Meimi ~ Country Girls: Ozeki Mai ~ Kobushi Factory: Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako

#206 Bunnystylesarah

Bunnystylesarah

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

Nope, never in a million years.

I'm female, can speak Japanese when I want to but it's rare.
But I like my privacy, I don't want the wlrld to know what the hell I'm having for lunch, tea or whatever, and I sure as hell don't want to be told to diet when there's no need for it, I'm borderline anorexic now...only just recovered basically.

As for music, I would rather make sure it's my own work, because If it wasn't then I would have to ask the record label for permission to perform it live, and it's a hassle mind you. Then theres also the costs involved, sure theres no financial worries.....wait there is bedause you don't really get that juch from what I'm told as the label or entertainment agency takes about 90% of your earnings because you do have to pay the makeup artists, composers, photographers etc. If it was my own work, then there's no hassle except for remembering the lyrics to the song and if you played any instruments.

Don't get me wrong, I have thought about it, but chasing tornadoes every year in the American Mid-West sounds a lot more fun, without trying to get killed.
And I only turned 22 today, so now I'm too old to be an idol.

So no is my answer
Aelqko.jpg
Signature banner made by iheartsaechan, thank you!
MM: Ikuta Erina, Michishige Sayumi, Suzuki Kanon, Mizuki Fukumura, Ishida Ayumi
BK: Sugaya Risako, Natsuyaki Miyabi, Suzuki Airi

#207 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

i would love to be an idol. im 16 so If I was able to go to japan (and was japanese)  I would audition for MM or NMB48 XD

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#208 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

NO

#209 kittiekei

kittiekei

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

I do, but...I'd rather be more of a comedian.

#210 Ruriko Minegishi Kawaii

Ruriko Minegishi Kawaii

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

i would love to be an idol, but i'm nineteen, i'm good at singing, in dancing not so much xDD but i don't think i have the chance, oh my bad luck!!  :(  :sob:

#211 Alex Akari

Alex Akari

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:20 PM

I've actually performed at my school "Iku ZYX! Fly High", "Kiss Kiss Kiss" and "Tokaikko Junjou". I had so much fun! Although the audience wasn't cheering like wotas would during an actual idol performance, they all cheered very loudly at the end. I felt like Airi Suzuki for a second... XD I will be studying in Japan next year so I hope that I will have opportunities to perform more H!P songs and become a somewhat popular male H!P idol...  :c18:

#212 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

I'm 21, but since I was 14/15 i fantasized standing on a stage with a group and singing and dancing. 

I don't think i could be an idol anymore, but I'd still love to be a performer.

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#213 Yossie_Saikou

Yossie_Saikou

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

I don't want to be an idol for many reasons: I can't sing, I can't dance, I'm not always happy like idols are and I don't have the physic to be an idol. I know, the physic doesn't matter, but I'm not confident enough to show myself as an idol, plus, I can't even perform on a stage so XD I wish to everyone who wants to become an idol to realize their dreams! 

MORNING MUSUME! NONAKA MIKI! IKUTA ERINA! FUKUMURA MIZUKI! KAGA KAEDE!  <3 JUICE = JUICE! TAKAGI SAYUKI! DAMBARA RURU!  <3 KOBUSHI FACTORY <3 BUONO  <3

#214 Ambenya

Ambenya

Suberies & MaaDuu are love <3

• Senpai
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

I'm a female. I'm 22 and engaged so I can't be an idol at all but I do love to sing and dance and I always have since I was young. :good:

I had audition for MM 11th gen and HKT48 when I was younger since I wanted to live with no regrets in life. Plus I perform at a local anime convention every time and even was a part of a Love Live dance/cosplay group and won a prize at an anime convention for it. I hope to be able to continue to perform at anime cons and even become popular in the convention circle for it but I have no plans to try to expand that to Japan at all.  ^_^

Also helps that my fiance is very supportive of me and comes to see me perform all the time and that she's a dancer too. :blush:

So yes I would want to be an idol but there is no way I can because of age, being in a relationship, and not to mention that I'm a very western looking woman.  ^^;

~Eripon Fan Since January 2011~

8kq9eBy.png
Set made byaira慶一郎~ My blog: Cherry Blossom Wonderland My fanfic thread: Ambenya's Fanfic Wonderland

~Ikuta Erina~Okamura Homare~Ishida Ayumi~Oda Sakura~Nonaka Miki~Yokoyama Reina~Sakurai Rio~Tamenaga Shion~Kawana Rin~Sasaki Rikako~Goto Hana~Matsumoto Wakana~Kudo Yume~Kawashima Mifu~Ebata Kisaki~Arisawa Ichika~Irie Risa~Yofu Runo~Yagi Shiori~Ono Mizuho~Onoda Saori~Tanimoto Ami~Yamazaki Yuhane~Okamura Minami~Eguchi Saya~Kiyono Momohime~Satoyoshi Utano~Nishida Shiori~Yonemura Kirara~Nishizaki Miku~Kubota Nanami~Tsutsui Roko~Ishiguri Kanami~Hashida Honoka~Uemura Hasumi~Matsubara Yulia~Makino Toa~Hayashi Niina~Kawano Soara~

#215 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

Yes and no XD

I mean, I guess I would be able to blend in a little with the other girls because I have black hair, white skin and have been told I look somewhat Asian (I think so too, though I think I looked more Asian when I was younger), I'm slim (the type who doesn't need to diet because my body just doesn't gain significant weight not matter what I eat) and I even think I'm quite cute (dunno if I'd be the type the wota would like, though, seeing how some truly beautiful/very cute girls haven't been super popular or anything) but I have some other... features  :ph34r: (?) that wouldn't be accepted in the entertainment industry (much less the Japanese one) and even though my "problem" is easily "fixable", I wouldn't want to change myself like that for anyone's sake. I think I'm not too bad at singing (at least for idol standards XD and I guess there's room for improvement) but I'm quite clumsy when dancing even though I love it XP (yeah, I guess I could improve but I'd be nervous of messing up at the beginning). I wouldn't mind about the boyfriend thing or other behavior scandals either since I'm pretty quiet in my personal life (nothing to hide here :good:).

Then again, I'm 18 (though I look a little younger), almost ancient for idols standards, can't speak Japanese (though I so want to learn), can't afford traveling there, am not Japanese (y'know, the prejudice), and wouldn't be willing to do certain things idols have to do :ph34r:

So I guess I'll have to be content with just singing and dancing for myself when I'm bored :lol:

Either that or start my own idol group (I'd like to be in a trio or a quartet) where us the members can be more in control of what we do... The chances of being able to form such a group are even more scarce, though XD

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users