Photo

Do you wanna be a idol?

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you wanna be a idol? (388 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you wanna be a idol?

1. Yes(Female) (234 votes [60.31%])

Percentage of vote: 60.31%

2. No(Female) (44 votes [11.34%])

Percentage of vote: 11.34%

3. Yes(Male) (52 votes [13.40%])

Percentage of vote: 13.40%

4. No(Male) (58 votes [14.95%])

Percentage of vote: 14.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!P idol addict

• Banned
  • 771 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

I started wondering how many in here would actually like to be a idol yourself?
By idol i mean singing and performing, having wota fans (probably about 10 year older than yourself and the opposite gender)

Personally i suck at singing/dancing and am not good looking enough, but if i were i would actually like being a idol, and having 10 year older girls go crazy for me XD

Anyways please answer and remember to say if your boy or girl.

Im sorry if this was alrdy posted but i couldnt find such a post at least ^^

#2 chikichi

chikichi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 808 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

Not being able to audition while I was the right age is the biggest regret I have in life!

Since I was about twelve years old I had been wanting to get into an agency - with Johnny's being the dream - where I could develop and eventually debut.
Canada and Taiwan had nothing suitable, so Japan was my goal, but my parents thought it was ridiculous that I would want to become a talent, and did not provide any support.

And now I am eighteen, capable of sponsoring myself but completely hopeless.
Although I have played in a band, received vocal training, learned to dance a little, and gone through multiple makeovers, I have no chance.

Experience in music and enough looks to be picked off the street to work at a hair salon at Harajuku and be taken as a host in Shibuya (both happened just a few weeks ago while I was in Japan for the concerts) doesn't mean a thing unless you are still young enough to go through the development process.

>>>

To those who are still young and have the same dream: pursue it while you can so you will have no regrets in the future!
Even if you don't make it, you can be proud of yourself for giving it your best shot. :P

>>>

...or end up like me and be left with the option of working as a host for people that like you for all the wrong reasons XD

#3 Taiyaki

Taiyaki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

Reality has hit me pretty hard already, so I've become the type of person who'd rather have a stable job - I can't be selfish, so I've lost all my dreams :unsure:. I really worry what happens to some of the "failed" idols since most of them probably lack education...

Even if I did have singing/dancing abilities (which I don't =D), I don't think I'd be able to handle having my every move judged by the community. Having to worry about how I act and what I do every minute would be too much for me.

#4 SweetHoney

SweetHoney

♥ 道重 さゆみ ♥

• Senpai
  • 4489 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

It may sound weird and maybe disturbing? That a 15year old female clicked yes to wanting to be an idol?

There are down sides if I think if I ever became one. There is always the "creepy old wotas" and then the hard work singing/dancing etc.

Life isn't easy~!

But it's funny before becoming a hard core H!P Fangirl, I still wanted to be an idol from the Britney Spears era (erm like her hit Baby One More Time) To Nikki Webster (Strawberry Kisses anyone? :unsure:)

Becoming a fangirl of H!P has just hit hard on my heart. To wanting to be an idol even more. So I'm actually trying my hardest to be one; even though I know my chances are so very slim.

I don't have to become a H!P girl to full-fill my dream of being one. Just easily being an idol singing songs and dancing is fine with me.

But I do believe a lot of fangirls..who wish to be idols like myself would want to be in H!P but know that is slim to zero.

Yosh~!

Even though a lot of it seems impossible, I'm still aiming to be an idol after 15 years~! ♥

Posted Image
~Set By Apple ll Voted Sayumi's Greatest Fan 2010 & 2011 ll
ll Always Loving & Supporting Sayumi Michishige Since '07 ll

#5 bboy_eternity

bboy_eternity

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:09 AM

I would love to be an idol or at least get into the entertainment industry. I've auditioned for a few Korean companies before, no Japanese companies since I speak no Japanese whatsoever. I live to dance and dance to live haha. I love being on stage and hearing the crowd cheering =) My whole life is like riding on being sponsored or somehow living off of dancing or becoming like sewer scum or something. I've only realized this dream last year so hopefully I'll make it this year ahaha =D
I don't think I'd mind being judged by my every action especially me being so uneventful haha :unsure:. You hear the H!P artists going out to eat all the time without too much trouble and buying stuff in popular malls and stuff so going out shouldn't be too much trouble. Honestly I wouldn't mind some people coming up to me in the middle of the day haha if I wanted to relax I would've stayed at home.

@shigemichi: Keep trying! haha it's not too late =) I'm 17 and still trying XD

P.S I'm planning to dance til I'm in my 40's ahahaha woo!
"If music was a virus and dancing the disease...I hope everyone gets infected without any chance for a cure."

"Never let go of your passion and remember how it started when it gets hard."

"Breakdancing shows the world what the real hip hop is. Real hip hop doesn't discriminate. Real hip hop is all cultures put into one. It is peace, unity, love, and having fun, under the oneness of God, no matter what God you pray to."

Me Breakdancing videos

#6 ddrchik

ddrchik

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:13 AM

my dream is kind of idol-like: i want to perform on stage playing flute and then also work in a recording studio

#7 Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

A glamorous life with no financial worries sounds good, but it also comes at a big price. Everyone will be judging your every action, difficult to do everyday things like shopping, hanging out etc. and maybe your girl/boyfriend might receive death threats from wotas

SRqKIyX.jpg

#8 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

I wouldnt want to be an idol. Im pretty much not in a good mood all the time, and Id make a terrible idol. Yeesh... thatd be awful!!! :unsure:

#9 Momowota

Momowota

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 815 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

I've never get any chance to be an idol and there's no way I can become an idol lol. But I'd love to be an idol because it's kinda interesting and I will be to earn pretty well so I could buy a lot H!P stuffs lol
Posted Image

#10 °Manna

°Manna

ガキカメ♪ガキカメ亀井絵里!

• Senpai
  • 4766 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

A glamorous life with no financial worries sounds good, but it also comes at a big price. Everyone will be judging your every action, difficult to do everyday things like shopping, hanging out etc. and maybe your girl/boyfriend might receive death threats from wotas

that's totally a fact~but if you love your work~you will enjoy being an idol~

Posted Image
Loyal Fan of Kamei Eri

#11 Mab

Mab

Everywhere you go, the sky is the sky, and people are people.

• Senpai
  • 1221 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

I wouldnt want to be an idol. Im pretty much not in a good mood all the time, and Id make a terrible idol. Yeesh... thatd be awful!!! :lol:

Well, just look at Yossie, she was a pretty terrible idol(she even admits it haha), but she is probably one of the most liked members of H!P.

As for me, I'd never want to be an idol. It's not the hard work involved, because I am in good shape already and could pull it off, I just don't like the idea of having my life controlled. If I were going to get into the music/modeling industry, I'd do it myself and try to work my way into it. It'd probably be a higher fail rate that way, but it'd be more worth it in the long run if it worked out because I could do the things I wanted.

One thing I've always disliked about H!P is that the performers are disconnected from the music in a way. The ones performing the songs don't actually have any rights to the song, and when they leave H!P they'll probably never be allowed to perform the song unless they could get permission to do so from UFA or whatever. So, when you've "served your purpose", and then left, you've pretty much become useless since you can't even perform the songs you once did.

#12 kanalolita

kanalolita

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

I don't know about H!P idol or anything, maybe. But I've always wanted to be famous in some way, ever since I was old enough to talk.
I think maybe I'd want to be a talent in Japan, or a singer, but I have to work on my Japanese, work on my personality issues, and look for auditions and stuff. :lol: lol

I'm willing to work like hell until I get my dream, people tell me I have what it takes, so I'm being optimistic.

Though of course, I have to keep the reality in my mind that I can always fail, so I'm going to go to school too.

Yeah.
ಠ___ಠ

#13 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

Since when is having any singing/dancing ability important to being an idol?

All one needs is to look cute & young (especially in a PB)

#14 Mihona

Mihona

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

i would L O V E to be an idol.. i dont mind giving up everything for this dream of mind! Tsunku, take me!
I'm yours!!!!!
MOLD mee! :wub: #>o<
oh, im a gurrrlll!

#15 kanono_chan

kanono_chan

egao YES noodles♫

• Senpai
  • 2398 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

my life long dream was to be a Morning Musume member, of course i want to be an idol :wub:

but i don't know if it's possible now, since i'm 16 and 1 day older than Mittsi. and being an idol would be so fun yet tiring at the same time and there will be people that loves you XD and some that will not like you XD but then it's all worth it again when you see all your fans supporting you XD

who doesn't want to be famous?

and i don't know about PB's... i guess it's ok to release one. ^_^

and i love would to be bestfriends with everyone in H!P especially Reina :ph34r:

forever and ever a 100% Reina-ist❤
Posted Image
click here to visit Reina's Official Blog!

#16 Lawrence

Lawrence

Genki ni, KOHA =D

• Senpai
  • 2128 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:37 PM

i would love to! given the choice that is, i love singing (not so much in dancing) and i'd meet MoMusu at least once so i'd definitly be happy :good:

#17 Vanishing-Point

Vanishing-Point

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

I would LOVE being an idol >.< Im 16 now, so maybe I still have a shot in joining Johnny's but.. I dont know.
Posted Image
Thanks to Hotaru~Ruru for the Siggy :)

#18 Haro-Chan~!

Haro-Chan~!

Haro desu

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

Hmm... I really don't know.
That's why I didn't vote.

Being a MM or H!P member would mean the WORLD to me.
But, being an Idol is tougher than it looks.
Cute? I don't know... Some of my friends say I'm really cute but, I don't really think so myself.
I don't know. I guess it would be fun to be an Idol for a day!

Dorky Haro-Chan is my favorite Haro-Chan~!
Posted Image
Siggy Made By Hotaru~Ruru!!!

#19 hekomirukii

hekomirukii

(。・ω・。) わるきー

• Senpai
  • 3002 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

I would love to be one :P Except the only reason why is probably to meet Berryz and C-ute..so no.
I would be a bad example to children everywhere :omg: XD But I guess it would be nice..having wotas scream my name XD
And have towels of me and singing live :good: :good: I'll say..a maybe (even if it isn't an option) because there are bad things and good things when becoming an idol.

#20 Berikyuu!

Berikyuu!

Debuted 9/1/02 Graduated 11/18/18

• Senpai
  • 995 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:49 PM

YES~!!! :good: :P
I wanted to be an idol since I was like 5...I would sing and dance to Britney Spears's songs XD Now I'm 17, an H!P freak, and I STILL sing and dance to almost every PV that comes out~! :P

But, I know it'll never happen because:
1. I'd be considered "too fat" (at least for H!P). I'm at a normal body weight, but I know that wouldn't be good enough for H!P. ALL their girls are extremely skinny and attractive...
2. My singing. When I'm alone (or with a few close friends), I've been told my singing is FANTASTIC. Because of that, a friend of mine wanted me to sing Buono!'s "Kiss Kiss Kiss" at her sweet 16. I still did good....but I didn't do as good a job due to a slight case of stage fright.... :good: So, if I were to become an H!P idol, I'd do good in recordings...but I'd be horrible live XD

And in regards to being watched all the time, I'm usually a friendly, easy-going person and I don't have anything to hide. So, if the paparazzi wanted to follow me, I could care less. They can take all the pictures they want of me eating a snowcone~! :omg:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users