• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

The Tales of Series started in 1995 with the release of Tales of Phantasia on SFC/SNES. The game was quite impressive for it's real time battles and voice acting. After that many other installments were made such as Tales of Destiny, Eternia, Symphonia etc.. and multiple remakes of Phantasia plus the spin-off series Tales of the World. Throughout the games have kept common elements such as the battle system, a vocalized opening song, voice acting, field skits and techniques such as Majinken and Kogahazan in addition to the Ougis and Hi Ougis. My personal favorite in the series is the PSX remake of Tales of Phantasia, excellent game.
Anyways who else plays Tales of games?

#2 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

Tales of Symphonia happens to be most most favourite console game of all time. I got so immersed with the characters and story, that every RPG game I play now ends up being compared to it. I think I need to start playing it again!!!

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#3 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:36 AM

^
Agreed!
Symphonia, Tempest, Phantasia, I LOVE THEM ALL
I'm saving up for a 360 just so I can play Vesperia.
My favorites are Symphonia and Phantasia. I also love the new symphonia sequel. I haven't played a lot, but it's amazing what I have played

#4 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

^ I didn't know they had a new one coming out!!! *facepalm*
Released on the 1st June in the UK. I think I'll be buying that :whistle:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is not out in the UK until autumn. Damn...

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#5 Taiyaki

Taiyaki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

The latest tales series have been pretty sub-par for me. For me, Abyss was the only great Tales game since Phantasia.

Symphonia was a good game, but overrated because of its GC platform.
Legendia was decent. I remember I enjoyed it, but I barely remember anything about it.
Vesperia was a huge disappointment as it's just Abyss with a worse cast of characters and an overly cliche story. They're making an upgraded version of this for the PS3, but whether it comes to the West is unknown.

#6 Perseus~HADES~

Perseus~HADES~

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

I just basically love all the games because it uses the "don't fix it if it's not broken" formula.

Phantasia was my first experience of the Tales series and what I found funny was that I played it first on the PSX in Japanese. I went as far as the Morlia Gallery. I have no idea how I went that far when I can't even read Japanese. O_O'

Then of course I played Symphonia like every other person and loved it.

Legendia, Abyss, Versperia, and Eternia are all awesome to me! I even bought Destiny for the PS2 even though my PS2 can't play imports. I'm that in love with the series.

Also, Tales of the World for the PSP (I never played the GB/GBA ones) is awesome, I can't wait for the sequal to come out here in the US.]

...sorry for rambling too much. :c11:

#7 Yumame

Yumame

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

My Brother played Phantasia (GBA) & TotW, while my cousin played Tales of Destiny 2, to present (in every platform), while his brother, Tales of Destiny 1.
As for me, SNES... but then, Star Ocean came, and there I go, till the end of time.

Tales series is a good series, has an anime-like presentation and CG, my guess is that they target teenagers...
But, a trivia for the youngsters --> The original development team behind Phantasia went on to form Tri-Ace, and thus, Star Ocean, with the Four-Directional Battleground, the Lavenders and Sages, the Ougis, ATBS, etc... so when you see some familiar terms, pls. don't say SO copied from Tales XD.
What?
What??
What???

#8 Kuroki Pyon

Kuroki Pyon

Kawaii Gumi Russia R. G. Member

• Senpai
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

Whoa! I really love this game series.
First I played in Tales of Destiny on Playstation 1. After that there were Tales of Eternia and Tales of Phantasia. The plot of ToF is great. To bad it was not translated not to eng or rus languages...
Also after watching anime Tales of the Abyss I want to play it. Ash is really cool guy there)
Posted Image

#9 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

I think that any of the tales games, Tales of Symphonia especially, would make a good anime. The storylines are much better than many anime out there.

I love Symphonia, it's one of my favorite games.
Vesperia is also great.

Haven;t played the PSP Tales game before, I'll check it out... as soon as I get money, that is, lol

Life is but a movie.

#10 Arielsoul

Arielsoul

Never Forget

• Senpai
  • 6510 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

Tales of the Abyss is one of the best games I have ever played.. and Jade Curtiss one of the best characters ever.
Also played Tales of Legendia :lol:

#11 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

^
^
@ダコタ: Tales of Symphonia actually already has a 4 episode OVA. Tales of Phantasia, Eternia and Abyss also have animes.

#12 Kipp

Kipp

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

I've played Tales of Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia. Out of the three, Vesperia would have to be my favorite. :lol:
Posted Image
Set made by the awesomeness known as Cassandra

#13 Kuroki Pyon

Kuroki Pyon

• Senpai
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

I heard there was fan's translation of Tales of Destiny 2 for PS2. (Not tales of eternia for PS1, it was named ToD2 in USA)
Anyone have it? Also there were some remakes of old games from Tales series for PS2...
Posted Image

#14 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:24 AM

The TODII trans is still incomplete (the menu only patch is what's out so far) @ Tales-Cless TODII Trans
And the remakes on PS2 are just Tales of Destiny/Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut and the upgraded port of Tales of Symphonia. The other remakes are TOP on PSX/GBA/PSP and TOE on PSP (And TOE Online).

#15 Kuroki Pyon

Kuroki Pyon

• Senpai
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

Tales of Eternia Online?? O_O <3
Posted Image

#16 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

^Yep, it was an MMORPG... apparently the sever isn't up anymore though.

#17 Whiteshade

Whiteshade

.:Destiny Hacker:.

• Kouhai
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:55 AM

Tales of Destiny: My first Tales game. Never actually beat it because I got stuck at one point. I should probably pick it up again.
Tales of Eternia: The game I usually associate with the Tales franchise. Had many fond memories playing this.
Tales of Legendia: Did not enjoy this. Never bothered completing.
Tales of the Abyss: Thought this might be another disappointment when it first started off, but it got better I think. In any case, I didn't drop it for quite a while.
Posted Image
Bringing back the flag.

#18 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

i was playing Tales of Versperia and im so far into 2 hours of it or sth. The whole thing really sets a story and background for the characters. Though the combat and realming were kinda chunky and awkward at times, the game pace still flows well.

having that said though, i also played Eternal Sonata and so far i really think Sonata is a superior game to Versperia

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#19 MistaNight

MistaNight

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:45 PM

First game was Tales of Symphonia which I loved and I went on to play,
Phantasia
Legendia
Abyss
Vesperia
and I also have the Japanese releases of Tempest and one of the World games on the gba.

They are all generally awesome but my favorite is still my first, Symphonia. The weakest of the series I've played is Legendia, for obvious reasons if you've played it (Quite a bit different then the rest of the series). But I still enjoyed it.

Posted Image

#20 °Manna

°Manna

ガキカメ♪ガキカメ亀井絵里!

• Senpai
  • 4766 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

my first tales games is
tales of destiny
tales of abyss
tales of symphonia

gawd~i love this three~ :w00t: never tired playing this~