• Please log in to reply
16461 replies to this topic

#16281 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5677 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:11 AM

The thing is that you think in a crosswalk you are safe when have your light in green, usually you look when you cross in any other place.

I think she would be lucky if only lost her driver license (I hope so :(  ).

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#16282 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:00 PM

Losing her driver's license ought to be a bare minimum here. Recall that she was in a car crash last year, which means her license will have penalty points on it already (Japan operates with a system where any and all infraction, minor and major, accumulates as points on your license. Minor gives few points, major gives many points.) So, right now, from what I can remember, we're looking at the following infractions/violations for Yoshizawa: 

- DUI with blood alcohol level above 0.25mg/L 

or: 

- Drunken driving

Then in addition to one of the above two: 

- Ignoring a red light

- Hit and run

- Giving false statement to police

So police needs to establish whether it was the above DUI category or drunken driving. The first DUI offense is the worst DUI offense, but it's not as bad as drunken driving (since she would have motor control issues, and so on). So Yoshizawa also lied to the police, and it means that if police can establish that she was indeed drunk while driving, the outcome is immediately worse for her. 

Then there's the issue of ignoring the red light which in itself alone is bad, but not as bad as an actual hit and run on top of that, and the horrifying video really does shows that she is not qualified to be on the road in any kind of motorized vehicle. There was a green signal for the pedestrians, and they were halfway across the road, and then she hit them. Meaning there was a significant distance between her and them (from the time when she got the red light), and yet she didn't care, she just went straight ahead. It's impossible to say that you didn't see them - they were right there - in the middle of the road.

Without this video, it would be an issue of trying to hear from witnesses and then figure out what happened, but now with this video we can easily see what happened. 

There was a short statement by a lawyer that media had asked, and this was some days ago, and with the information he had then, he seemed rather sure she would end up having to serve time in prison (I think the range he gave was 1.5 - 3 years time).

As for her driver's license, I would be very surprised if she has one after this incident.

#16283 korikoristop

korikoristop

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

Yossi was always one of my favorite members, from back when I lived in Japan from 2002-2004. But seeing the pictures and the video, well.... as much as I have really liked her (and still do), she really deserves to have the book thrown at her. I teach international students in the U.S. and we just had one of our student hit by a car . The driver was texting and driving, came up behind the student on the bike and rammed into her. Our student's injuries were "minor" but she still has cuts on her face and a MASSIVE bruise on her behind where she flew up and hit the windshield! (as in, her entire buttock turned BLACK with bruising). So even though injuries might be considered "minor," that doesn't mean they're not bloody uncomfortable! Our student sustained minor injuries because they weren't life threatening, but they are still injuries. And that woman that Yossi hit got hit HARD, so although she doesn't have life-threatening injuries, I bet those injuries really hurt!

#16284 bobvahn

bobvahn

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

thats kinda how the 'law' use to be happen where i come from. You hit someone with car here..  minor or major injury, you will chase by angry mob and become a punching bag on the spot and throw a stone at you, and THEN they let you go to the police.

Iet the judges decide her punishment, its not really our place to throw something at her, i think hurting her for her crime you would be the same as the criminal it self.

#16285 korikoristop

korikoristop

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:45 PM

I don't mean to literally throw books. It's an expression that means that she be punished strictly by the law enforcement. "the book" in the expression means the law book, and it means giving her a strict punishment according to the laws in the law book.

#16286 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:45 PM

thats kinda how the 'law' use to be happen where i come from. You hit someone with car here..  minor or major injury, you will chase by angry mob and become a punching bag on the spot and throw a stone at you, and THEN they let you go to the police.
Iet the judges decide her punishment, its not really our place to throw something at her, i think hurting her for her crime you would be the same as the criminal it self.

The English idiom "to throw the book at someone" does not mean you are physically throwing an actual book at some person. It refers to making as many charges as possible towards a person (i.e., the offender). Meaning, you don't go lightly on the person, and usually that is done in cases where the offender committed very serious offenses.

And so in Yoshizawa's case, this means one would group up as many offenses as possible, so that the harshest/strictest possible sentence can be reached.

#16287 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5677 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:24 AM

Thanks you all, guys. At least I'm learning about laws... and English language. :good:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#16288 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

Wow, really Yossy, it seems everyone is getting exposed this year...

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#16289 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3198 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

https://www.dailymot...m/video/x6tnnu7

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#16290 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:05 PM

I know that it'll make people want to watch it more to say it, but anyone with any level of empathy probably would wish they hadn't seen the video.  The still images do not convey how much of an impact there was and it's a fluke that the injuries weren't life threatening.  There's no way she was even looking at the road until the last second, she braked way too late.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if the investigation finds that she was reading a message on her phone.

#16291 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:55 PM

Dammit, is that program just trying to show the footage over and over again? Not good.

Yep, even though they were not "life threatening" injuries they sure could be life changing ones.

Skip the book, just throw a couple bicycles at her and call it a day :whistle:

#16292 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:43 PM

I am not sure if the program is trying to show the footage over and over again to reinforce the seriousness of the offense or just to lose the impact of the accident.

But I don't know if that is the normal speed of the footage, but it seems like she is driving way too fast and the hit looked pretty impactful. I am surprised the victims only suffer minor injuries.

#16293 csxcsxcsx

csxcsxcsx

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

Actually yossy is quite lucky that the crash look much worse than it actually is, this is because the bike took the brunt of the impact and the energy is converted into a swinging motion on the rider which explains why she was fling so far away. If the lady were to be on foot the injury would have been much worse despite looking less violent.

#16294 babylonia

babylonia

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

Actually yossy is quite lucky...

I thought you were going to say Yossie was lucky because there were no serious injuries or deaths involved.... :c11:

Anyhow, glad that that wasn't the case (i.e. serious injury or..). As for Yossie, I've been following the Japanese news everyday on the net. Lot's of unsubstantiated rumors flying around which I won't bother to report on. But one of these stories that seems to be true is where eyewitnesses are reporting about Yossie's initial encounter with the police. They report that Yossie was initially acting all defensive & even sulky, making lot's of excuses to the police. That she did nothing wrong and it was the pedestrian's fault (not her) who ignored the light and crossed the sidewalk when it was red. And she only lightly hit them. That she was a showbiz/celebrity and was in a big hurry to get to where she was needed. That alot of $$$ was riding on her being there on time, etc. But then one of the police officers asked Yossie, "You've been drinking alcohol, haven't you?". That's when her defiant attitude quickly disappeared. :(  Doesn't look good.  Either Yossie was out and out lying, OR she actually believed what she was saying (which would indicate she was stone drunk and couldn't properly drive and analyze the road/condition, etc).

More details:

http://news.livedoor...etail/15316062/
https://news.nifty.c...d/12151-089024/

#16295 kozi vampire

kozi vampire

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

there is no news yet of his punishment?

#16296 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:12 PM

It is not normal for there to be a trial and a conclusion of a trial a day after an incident etc. These things take time. 

#16297 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:23 PM

I was watchin' some videos of her from the Ayaka English lessons

She went from bein' a tomboy to a hit & run drunk

#16298 Tokky

Tokky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:18 PM

I've been a Yossy fan for many years. She was a big source of inspiration for me when I was just a teenager. She gave me so much strength and I had always wished to become as strong as she was.

I'm shattered at the news and of course it is not something you can forgive that easily. But I genuinely think Yossy is a good person and needs our support. She deserves to be punished but not to be fired. Taking care of a 1-3 year old child is difficult. I have a niece who is the same age and even though it's just my niece, I could understand if she was having a hard time trying to mix her talento activities and her motherhood, especially if the dad is a salary man who is hardly never home. Kids are terrible at that age because they can walk but most often don't really speak and they are discovering the world, what is good and what is not. I bet Yossy, despite always being there for her friends, wouldn't ask for help or advice. Of course there is no apology to drive while being drunk. But there can be mitigating circumstances. Besides, she was drinking the night before, not just before taking her car. She must have wrongly assumed the alcohol was out of her body. People make mistakes sometimes...

Considering that, I wish there was a way to send her supportive heartwarming messages. 

Anyhow, glad that that wasn't the case (i.e. serious injury or..). As for Yossie, I've been following the Japanese news everyday on the net. Lot's of unsubstantiated rumors flying around which I won't bother to report on. But one of these stories that seems to be true is where eyewitnesses are reporting about Yossie's initial encounter with the police. They report that Yossie was initially acting all defensive & even sulky, making lot's of excuses to the police. That she did nothing wrong and it was the pedestrian's fault (not her) who ignored the light and crossed the sidewalk when it was red. And she only lightly hit them. That she was a showbiz/celebrity and was in a big hurry to get to where she was needed. That alot of $$$ was riding on her being there on time, etc. But then one of the police officers asked Yossie, "You've been drinking alcohol, haven't you?". That's when her defiant attitude quickly disappeared. :(  Doesn't look good.  Either Yossie was out and out lying, OR she actually believed what she was saying (which would indicate she was stone drunk and couldn't properly drive and analyze the road/condition, etc).

More details:

http://news.livedoor...etail/15316062/
https://news.nifty.c...d/12151-089024/

This actually sounds a lot like Yossy being burned out. But saying it was the pedestrians' fault isn't a real good move... I think she was really believing what she was saying. Alcohol and panick can sometimes alter your senses.

I hope she's okay and we get news OF her soon. 

H!P OSHI : Sayuki Kananan Murotan  Chisato Zukki Yamakki  RioRioRenako

H!P LOVE : MaimiAiri ♦ MeiMei  Dawa Kuduu Chelsea Maria Ayapan 

H!P KENSHUU FAV : Funakki ♣ Nanami Y.

OG & FORMER MEMBERS FAV : Yossy Aichan Kaorin GakiKameMikittyLinLinKonKonAyaka K. SatodaAsunaMegumiKanKanIrorinKanae Nanamin Kurumin ♥ Captain

♥ UP UP GIRLS kakko KARI

#16299 babylonia

babylonia

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:29 AM

Well, she's still in the 'police detention phase'. The actual 'punishment' is still undetermined. She was originally to be released on the 16th (a 10 day detention for DUI) and then pay bail and be released. BUT her initial stories didn't match, so she was given an extra 10 days detention til' the 26th. (That's real soon). The initial stories of drinking only 3 cans of chuu-high was a lie. So was the excuse she gave about the road conditions that kept her from parking for 15 minutes, etc. The video footage said otherwise. So therefore the extra detention/penalty of 10 more days. Anyhow, if she pays bail she should be released (unless for some crazy reason the courts feel she's a flight risk.).

details: https://www.hochi.co...OHT1T50191.html

#16300 babylonia

babylonia

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:06 AM

Well, it's official. Tokyo District Prosecutor's office has filed criminal charges against Yossie today (26th in Japan). For negligent driving, DUI, and causing injuries. This was to be expected, but still... :(. (Hindsight is 20/20 but....Dammit Yossie. Instead of driving while stone drunk, why didn't you call in sick with the Flu that day? Or called in saying you had engine trouble and would arrive an hour late via cab? That's the kind of 'white lie' that would've saved ya. Never drive while being stone drunk you idiot :angry: Sorry for the rant. I used to be a big fan.)

http://news.livedoor...etail/15358950/
https://news.nifty.c...20180926-50043/
https://www.sanspo.c...2010005-n1.html

(Edited later on the 26th.)

Some articles appearing now in english:

https://mainichi.jp/...00m/0dm/088000c

https://english.kyod...n-incident.html

https://www.scmp.com...ken-hit-and-run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users