• Please log in to reply
14824 replies to this topic

#13601 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

That's still one single though? LOL When most people talk about singles they talk about the collective release all together?

HLxdmXb.png

#13602 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

1) I'm not "most people."

2) Though I understand the concept of the "triple single" trend, if I reference a single it's just that, a single by the nature of the word itself.

LOL When most people talk about singles they talk about the collective release all together?

3) You ended this statement with a question mark, are you unsure about that?

At any rate my point remains, though Angerme could certainly still prove me wrong via their next release.  Only time will tell.  To be fair, I didn't care for Kobushi's "Samba! Kobushi Janeiro" track, but you can't win them all  lol.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#13603 yukari25

yukari25

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1076 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

I think everyone refers to a single as the collective release

A "Triple single" also isn't the correct term

It's a "Triple A-single", which means it's a single with 3 main songs that are being promoted

In the past there were singles with only one A and also often a B-side. The term B-side(s) refers to the song(s) that don't get a MV and aren't really promoted

In recent years H!P barely releases any singles with b-sides and has been releasing singles with 2 or 3 main songs (=a-sides)

So e.g.

• Angerme's 21st Single is a triple A single, with the songs "Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku / Itoshima Distance / Koi Nara Tokku ni Hajimatteru"
    These 3 songs together are called the 21st single
    So Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku is part of the 21st single (and can not really be called a single on it's own)
    • Note: When people refer to TsugiTsugi as a single, they usually refer to all three songs contained in the 21st single - writing all song names takes to much time (and memory) and writhing "21st single" usually doesn't immedialty makes you think of those 3 songs
      TsugiTsugi can also be referred to as a song, by which people are only talking about the specific song/MV/... (everything related to that specific song)
  • S/mileage's 1st mayor single is called "Yumemiru Fifteen" (Or Yumemiru 15sai) but also contains the song "Thank You! Crème Brûlée no Yuujou"
    "Thank You! Crème Brûlée no Yuujou" is also considered part of the 1st single, but is seen as the b-side
    "Yumemiru fifteen" is seen as the a-side and main song

The terms A and B-sides come from the past where a 'single' (referring now to the 'old' object) or a LP had 2 sides, 

The A-side had the main, promoted song and the b-side, literally the other side of the disc, had a different song

https://en.wikipedia...side_and_B-side

I hope this clears some things up (and I also hope I'm correct, but this is to me the usual understanding for these concepts)

2ey9s74.jpg
Set made by Renai ♥ Smile

#13604 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

Wow, that's a really in-depth explanation, and it's much appreciated.  Yeah, I'm from the old school of A single with B-side (certainly don't need schooling on the LP lol), so this triple thing still seems like a relatively new concept for me.  One of which I have mixed feelings about since I miss the exclusive B-side tracks which were an incentive to buy alternate versions of singles instead of just for different cover art.  Thanks again.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#13605 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

@Yukari25 everything you said was correct except, it's an A-side, not an A-single.  :good:

In short A-side = main track and B-side = "other" track

It's kinda like how people say "A list celebrities" and "B list celebrities". 

^The thing is, a lot of the "Triple A-Side" Singles tend to still be just like how they were before. Using the example Yukari used above, we refer to Angerme's 21st single as TsugiTsugi, not as Itoshima or KoiNara. That's because although the 3 songs are supposed to be on the same level "A-Side", Tsugi Tsugi is the one that is promoted the most, making that one the "main" single out of all three main songs. The other two songs rarely ever get performed. (especially if you're MM lmao, when was the last time we heard imasugu?) 

The only benefit of the "b-sides" being passed off as "A-sides" is that we get to have music videos for each song, the song gets more promotion, and we get to see the songs performed a little bit more than a B-side would. Imagine Yattaruchan not having a MV or being performed a lot because it was a B-side and not a Double-A side?  :omg:

But on topic, i would say both Tsugi Tsugi and Umaku Ienai are 2/3 in terms of songs.

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#13606 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:30 PM

Itoshima Distance is better to me than all 3 songs from the Umaku single. But except for Wasureru (I can't remember the name) I listen to Umaku and Ai no Tame more than Tsugi Tsugi even if I think that one is a better song, weird.

I think all groups have great and lame singles at this point. This last one from KF didn't seem very strong to me (except for that other not single song).

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#13607 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

I think all groups have great and lame singles at this point. 

That's a fair statement.  

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#13608 Miryoku

Miryoku

Ayacho~? BRAVO !

• Senpai
  • 1056 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

TsugiTsugi ZokuZoku was a very catchy song, but the music video and outfits were not especially interesting imo ; Ai no Tame, Wasurete Ageru, Itoshima Distance and now Namida iro no Ketsui feel much more polished, even though the songs themselves are weaker, I think.
I also like that they challenge different kind of songs, including styles that aren't especially common in the idol-world. For instance, Itoshima Distance's outfits were very criticized because they are not cute/beautiful in an idol-ish way. But I like them because they are very creative and they give a very unique atmosphere to the song. Same for Wasurete Ageru, as a whole, it isn't very idol-like but the girls did really great. And this time, Ai Sae Areba is a very special song, too. I like that Angerme is a group that does various kind of music and experiments new "idol styles".
I hope that they'll get a moree catchy/easy-to-like song in their next single though. It's important to get one from time to time, too ^_^ .

#13609 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

So I saw some dance covers for the other idol matsuri song(Cutie honey) but I've not found a single one for the angerme song :c I know it wasn't as well known but it makes me sad. I guess last time they had the better deal with Sally the witch than dempagumi had with the sukisuki song but still, it just seems like a bad deal.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#13610 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

That's because the Angerme song hasn't been posted for release yet. Ahrin's cover was unveiled about a week ago; Angerme's has yet to go up. All of the Cutie Honey covers were released after Ahrin's was unveiled, and any Majokko covers will be published after the official one goes up. 

DDOhydd.gif

#13611 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Cutie honey is the second round (web entries). Angerme's song is the round after it (regional).
モーニング娘。'18 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ つばきファクトリー

生田衣梨奈横山玲奈佐々木莉佳子梁川奈々美小野田紗栞・山崎夢羽

#13612 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Aaaaaah ok thank you, I thought maybe everyone just chose 1 or something. My bad.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#13613 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

TsugiTsugi ZokuZoku was a very catchy song, but the music video and outfits were not especially interesting imo ; Ai no Tame, Wasurete Ageru, Itoshima Distance and now Namida iro no Ketsui feel much more polished, even though the songs themselves are weaker, I think.
I also like that they challenge different kind of songs, including styles that aren't especially common in the idol-world. For instance, Itoshima Distance's outfits were very criticized because they are not cute/beautiful in an idol-ish way. But I like them because they are very creative and they give a very unique atmosphere to the song. Same for Wasurete Ageru, as a whole, it isn't very idol-like but the girls did really great. And this time, Ai Sae Areba is a very special song, too. I like that Angerme is a group that does various kind of music and experiments new "idol styles".
I hope that they'll get a moree catchy/easy-to-like song in their next single though. It's important to get one from time to time, too ^_^ .

Actually I agree with just about everything you just said, they are very fair points.  Though TsugiTsugi ZokuZoku may not be "especially interesting" as a music video, you can't deny it has such an energetic draw and the in-your-face rap moments are just killer.  I'm sure I probably have an extra bias knowing it was Meimi's last MV, plus the introduction of Moe who is super-cute and well, let's face it the song itself is stellar.  I like the outfits but those are entirely subjective to anyone's taste.  At any rate, you're right that a variety in music is good.  There were a lot of C-ute singles in the past couple years I didn't like at first but they grew on me over time.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#13614 MKLcL

MKLcL

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:16 AM

http://www.nicovideo...atch/sm31328834

#13615 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

^ .. thanks :)
They really a wonderful group ..
The backstage atmosphere was so fun and it translate to their show later .. really amazing <3

#13616 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

^^ Awesome video!  Kana is such a clown - she's awesome.  Those look like red bean cakes... I can finally say I've had them!

And Ares13 is right about their chemistry translating to stage.  Funny how I would normally suspect their backstage life to be naps on a couch due to their taxing performances, but I guess they're so fit (and young) that the energy doesn't stop.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#13617 MKLcL

MKLcL

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:58 PM

http://www.nicovideo...atch/sm31348717

#13618 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

^ thanks ..

wow .. beside all the fun fun stuff we see them as a group which is obvious to us ..
What is amazing to me is Ayacho .. I don't really remember seeing her looking so naturally and genuinely happy before ..
Its easy to forget that she is going to be 23 years old soon .. she is the new H!P leader and she started as a 1st gen Egg in 2004 and she's been at this for 13 years and she technically join H!P when Kassa was around 1 years old :o ..
She look like she is 16 years old again and she don't even look so youthful even when she was 16 years old :P

#13619 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5682 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

2004? Then she joined when Morning Musume was singing Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari for first time. :w00t:

Oh, sudenly I feel so old. ^^;

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#13620 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:08 AM

she's been at this for 13 years and she technically join H!P when Kassa was around 1 years old :o ..

tumblr_inline_opyiuoEVbB1rwizz0_540.gif

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users