MV for Tsunku produced Choux Cream Rockets from Last Idol Family

#1862 Henkka

Henkka

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

I've now finished my translation of Tsunku♂'s first book, "Love Theory."

You can read the whole thing right here.

lovetheory.jpg

#1863 Otak48

Otak48

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:17 AM

I don't know if this is the right thread, but I just ask this anyway.

Do we have a dataset/webpage about all Tsunku discography as producer?

Story short, I was listening to Backstage Sotokanda Icchome last single "Woi!" and quite enjoyed by the sounds and turns out the producer of the single is Tsunku. While I know the group's mastermind is him, I never really thought that he also works with smaller idol acts. Now that I learnt that Backtage's subgroup singles (they have a ton since 2016) that many of them produced by Tsunku, I think it would be cool if I can dig more his works related to other idol acts rather than his H!P circle (and Last Idol).

Thank you~

#1864 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:09 AM

^

If you know how to navigate it, most of it should be on his website

http://www.tsunku.net/producework.php

#1865 Otak48

Otak48

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:47 AM

^

Wow, I don't know he has a website lol. Thank you!

#1866 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

^

If you know how to navigate it, most of it should be on his website

http://www.tsunku.net/producework.php

Oh yea, I also did not know he had a website, thank you very much for the link.

Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹) Haga Akane (羽賀朱音 ) 

Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん… Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Angerme - Murota Mizuki (室田瑞希) Kawamura Ayano (川村文乃) Ise Layla (伊勢鈴蘭)

Kobushi Factory - Hamamura Ayano (浜浦彩乃) Tsubuki Factory - Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの)

If you enjoy the music of Hello!Project, join me as I dissect individual songs on my blog, The Tasogare Touch.

#1867 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

I feel like this has gone a bit under the radar, but Tsunku's been producing music for this new idol duo called alom, who debuted last year. They only have 3 original songs, but so far they're all by Tsunku. I think I posted their first MV in here a while ago, but I'll post it again.

Also their last MV has outfits that has some very similar design elements to one of Momusu's more recent outfits. I thought that was an interesting coincidence

Both of those songs are tied to Inazuma Eleven, which I feel like might be the main thing connecting alom and Tsunku. They also released an album featuring the Inazuma ED songs, which includes covers of basically all the Berryz songs that were tied to Inazuma Eleven.

It's on Spotify

https://open.spotify...SfROSLsM1WS7RaE

#1868 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the reminder, I liked the debut song. It was nice.

Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん… Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Kobushi Factory - Hamamura Ayano (浜浦彩乃) Tsubuki Factory - Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの)

If you enjoy the music of Hello!Project, join me as I dissect individual songs on my blog, The Tasogare Touch.

#1869 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:03 AM

Ah! The alom songs! They appeared on my Spotify, and I was wondering why I was so drawn to them. Now I know! 

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#1870 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:59 AM

One of the songs Tsunku wrote for Milky got an MV

#1871 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

Another alom song written by Tsunku

#1872 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:37 PM

I love all of the original songs he wrote for these girls. I really appreciate how he specifically writes the melodies for 2 voices, both the harmonies and their occasional call and response bits. I think I may need to start looking at this group more seriously. I have no idea what these songs are about tho. Maybe I will translate at some time in the future. These short videos are annoying tho.

Edit: I thought I should mention the Japanese protoytpe for this type of singing, the group called "The Peanuts." Tsunku is not attempting to copy that style, but one could draw comparisons to it (Noting that I can not think off the top of my head of a single time the peanuts did call and response type singing).

Edit 2:

Alom Info

Website - https://avex.jp/fram...alom/index.php 

Twitter - https://twitter.com/alom_avex

The group is made of of the two members Terada Minami and Komuro Sayaka.

profile.jpg

alom(アロム)is a word with a double meaning. One, A Lot Of Music. Two, a dutch word meaning anywhere. Avex lists their style as a Technopop Unit (in the Summer Zombie description on CD Japan at least), which immediately conjures the thoughts of YMO, and YMO they are not, but whatever it is, I like it. So they are not idols, just hot ladies.

As one might expect the two girls (currently singing Anime songs) were singing anime songs by themselves, before teaming up.

Komuro Sayaka (小室さやか)キング・クリームソーダ.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/sayaka_komuro

Terada Manami (寺田真奈美)

Twitter - https://twitter.com/terada_manami

#1873 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

Tsunku wrote the major debut song of the boy group Cubers

#1874 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 03:50 PM

alom strikes me as some kind of modern Pink Lady. Just more EDM.

The Cubers song is very Tsunku though :lol: 

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1875 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:19 AM

Not gonna lie, when I see multiple updates at once in Tsunku's thread, I actually get kind of worried that it's something about his health  :mellow:

What brought me into the topic though, I had read through the wotaintranslation page for Riho's 20th anniversary interview and was reminded once again why I appreciate Tsunku so much in the way he responded to Sayashi when she told him about wanting to graduate from the group:

Sayashi: I was always the type who was very proactive about communicating with Tsunku♂. Even though I’m an extremely shy person, he was someone who I was just instinctively drawn to depend upon. The more serious I was in trying to face some issue, he would respond in kind with the same level of seriousness. When I first told Tsunku♂, he could sense that I was probably still hesitating… so he bluntly told me to stop trying get someone to make the decision for me and think about it on my own. His words were such an encouragement to me. They still resonate with me to this day. His words are what made me confident and responsible for my own decisions.

It's a common worry that I've had over the years about the members basically living their life on rails and just doing as they're expected or what they're told. One of the reasons I often base my expectations of UF/H!Ps decisions on how those decisions would be booked if it were a wrestling promotion is because of how similar the idol industry is to wrestling promotions in how they handle their talent and micromanage events. There's always some overarching narrative that is being told and the fans are as much told who they're supposed to like as they reach their own natural conclusions. Barring unexpected or unfortunate events that cause plans to be changed, it's like one big storyline. That's why it was all the more powerful when she also said this about whether she expects that she wants to be back on stage as a professional:

Sayashi: I love being on stage. It’s not like I’ve forgotten how to express myself there, but I just need time to get myself fully prepared. Also, I don’t want a life that reads like it has a storyline. I don’t want to give up that control. If I do get up on stage again, I’d want to appear all out of the blue. That’d be the most “me.” And it’s also for the sake of Morning Musume — the group who taught me that it’s okay for me to just be myself. So make it unexpected, please. (laughs)

http://wotaintransla...s-sayashi-riho/

They were her own words and it was her own decision that she came to after a few years of introspection, but it almost feels like the two are linked. If she does it, it'll be because it's what she wants and not because her life is on rails or because she's capitulating to anyone's expectations or demands. She said that Tsunku's words helped shape her confidence and ability to make decisions like that, and I can't help but think that those words were a watershed moment that will continue to shape her own independence and ability to continue living a life without regrets.

#1876 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

https://ameblo.jp/ts...2538306048.html

Could someone possibly clarify this blog entry? I was curious when I saw the rings, and translated by google, makes it seem like "he was too busy when they got married" so they didn't get rings until now? Either way, it's cute to see him talking about his marriage.

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

#1877 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:28 AM

http://wotaintransla...terword-2018-2/
"Tsunku “Dakara, Ikiru” Afterword (2018.2)" translated by Henkka.
Thank you again for your hard work with these!

#1878 Nagaregumo

Nagaregumo

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:50 PM

Tsunku will produce Task have Fun for a year under the name "Tsun Tasu Project".

Here the first song. It give me Tanpopo vibes  <3

And another song produced by Tsunku for Tsubomi Daikakumei.

#1879 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Task For Fun looks great and I never heard of them before.

#1880 Nagaregumo

Nagaregumo

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 05:37 AM

You're welcome @jigenbakuda!

Yeah, Task for Fun are really cute and talented. To be honest, they looks like girls tsunku can choose in an audition so I'm not surprised they winned the one year production.

I can't wait to see what they'll do together for the next year  :ongaku: Also their agency is not stingy about MV's budget  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users