• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

Global warming is becoming a hot topic nowadays. Scientific studies, satellite images, photographs indicate that it is a serious problem. More and more people and nations are taking steps to reduce carbon emissions and take steps to combat this phenomena.

If you have anything to share with us on the topic, please do so. Like what have you done to fight it? Found any interesting articles, studies etc? And personally, I'd like to hear from the skeptics, why they don't believe in it. Hey, its not a debate, its a discussion

SRqKIyX.jpg

#2 -=o=-

-=o=-

"Oh-san", an original Berryz Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1823 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

As for myself, I would rather neither discuss nor debate religion on this forum.

However, if there is some religious discussion here that is conducted in a civil and respectful manner, I would probably be tempted to lurk. :P

(I suppose, since Man-caused Climate Change is the most dominant belief in Japan nowadays, this topic would befit H!O.)

Shimizu Saki Okai Chisato Takagi Sayuki Takeuchi Akari Fujii RioFunaki MusubuAkiyama Mao

#3 kazuma2387

kazuma2387

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 863 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

this would be better in the discussion lounge

#4 chr0nik©

chr0nik©

保田圭大好きだ!

• Senpai
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

As for me I ask you... why would you talk about global warming on a H!P forum? Also, GW is just something politicians use to take money out of people. If politicians really cared, they would stop drilling/use petrol and deforest places like the Amazonas.

It's just a way of taxing people on something that's bound to happen anyway and people just suck it up like the whole "change" mantra.

Posted Image
*03/08/2008 - 2008 Summer Wonderful Hearts Kouen*-*27/05/2010 - Hangry & Angry - London Concert*
Follow me on Twitter @gtchr0nik

#5 greah

greah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1186 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

One big hoax for the masses and an efficient blocking tool used by hi-tec countries to stop mid-tec countries from evolution (by using CO2 resolutions).

Why, ok let's see:

1. Who is our arch enemy when it comes to so-called global warming; Carbon? Nope. Then what? Inconspicuous water vapor. Why? Just read something about spectrum of light and which parts of it can pass through and which cant. And from where vapor comes from? Yes, oceans - one big pot with boiling water.
2. CO2 is bad, we should reduce it - ok, CO2 is bad (but CO is worse) but if ecologists want to reduce it maybe that should start from volcanos cause one simple eruption produces more gases (incl. huge doses of CO2) than one metropolia during a year. Let's cork all the volcanos!
3. Ice age, melting age, ice age... (in other words global cooling, global warming, global cooling (...) ) - last ice age ended about 11k years b2k so from this time Earth is warming.

Conclusion? Earth is about 4,6 billin y.o.; global warming protagonists must be very naive if they believe that ants like us can irreversibly destroy something during ~200 years (which in earth life is like an eye blink).

Also - for all those who want to open their eyes and start to think by themselves

#6 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:06 AM

Moved to the discussion thread, from the General Talking Point.

#7 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:31 AM

Global Warming is indeed one of histories biggest hoaxes... it's utterly absurd, the planet's climate has changed many times in the past without our help (the ice age and it's end anyone?). And those politicians whom preach about Global Warming tend to be hypocrites (at least here in the US)... like Al Gore going on about saving the planet while flying around in his jet and powering/heating his rather large house. In the end... Global Warming is little other than a political tool, with little or no basic in fact (and the sad thing is those whom state facts that disagree with man-made warming are completely ignored as credible sources, while Al Gore gets awards for his movie).... I'll stop here before I start sounding too angry XD

#8 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:01 AM

i think the climate will change with or with out our help

but we are helping it to do Global Warming much faster
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#9 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

More heat is generated by Koharu, Sayumi, Acchan, Jurina, and Kojiharu than all the CO2 emissions.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#10 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

rodan_master, I agree with you completely. XD I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way. . . :wub:
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#11 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

@rodan_master
may I add its also a way for developed countries to keep 3rd world countries from developing. its good to recycle but for items like plastic its more harmful to recycle it than it is to make new ones. you should only recycle glass and metals, everything else you should just burn it.

racequeen.jpg

#12 kazuma2387

kazuma2387

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 863 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

Its tough living out here in L.A., everyone runs around screaming Global Warming! ahh. its nice to see some smarter people on this forum

#13 nakamura25

nakamura25

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

There are many rich and powerful individuals who have an economic interest in convincing people that our current global warming is not man-made. Because of this, it's very difficult for us to get to the truth. Right now, a majority of scientists agree that it is man made. Of course there are natural fluctuations in temperature and CO2 levels, but our burning of fossil fuels only exacerbates it.

Why waste time arguing about the truth of a scientific theory? I think we can all agree that pollution is bad. It causes smog and health problems, we all know that. So maybe we should cut back on our consumption of fossil fuels and stop lining the pockets of certain corrupt dictators.
Posted Image

#14 greah

greah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1186 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

you should only recycle glass and metals, everything else you should just burn it.

Bad idea, during burning of plastics even microfiber glass filters can't block carcinogen dioxins and furans (not to mention about mercury, cadmium or lead).

#15 Zorr

Zorr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4978 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

Why waste time arguing about the truth of a scientific theory? I think we can all agree that pollution is bad. It causes smog and health problems, we all know that. So maybe we should cut back on our consumption of fossil fuels and stop lining the pockets of certain corrupt dictators.

Thank you! This is what I try to say to anyone harping on about global warming.

Global warming masks the real problems, everyone gets so caught up in either doing pointless stuff to minimize their "carbon footprint" or saying "Global warming is fake so I'm gonna do what I want". This is bad because they forget about the sensible stuff like not littering so we don't ruin our countrysides and trying to be careful with what we release into the air so we don't breath in all those foul gasses all the time.

Why can't the governments just concentrate on this stuff. The global warming crap doesn't work because no one can prove it for certain and you can't see most of the claimed effects. But the effects of pollution can be seen so it can't be disputed. We can all see the tons of rubbish everywhere and smog filled skies.

#16 -=o=-

-=o=-

"Oh-san", an original Berryz Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1823 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:57 AM

To those of you, Global Warming skeptics, please, don't be too hard on those who believe in it.
Since it is a theory, and not a provable scientific fact by using the scientific testing method, it is a matter of faith. (Faith is not proven nor disproved by scientific arguments.)

All that aside, since Global Warming prophets tell us that CO2 (the stuff you exhale) is a pollutant, I suggest we all do our part to prevent the release of CO2 into the atmosphere. What better way to do this than by staying inside at our computers, typing our thoughts (instead of releasing CO2 by actually speaking) on this forum!

Shimizu Saki Okai Chisato Takagi Sayuki Takeuchi Akari Fujii RioFunaki MusubuAkiyama Mao

#17 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

Global warming has nothing to do with religion. There is a general agreement in the international scientific community that most of the observed temperature increase since the middle of the twentieth century is anthropogenic. This has been laid down in the 2001 joint statement signed by the scientific academies of Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, the Caribbean, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, New Zealand, Sweden, and the UK. The 2005 statement added Japan, Russia, and the U.S. The 2007 statement added Mexico and South Africa. Professional societies include American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Astronomical Society, American Chemical Society, American Geophysical Union, American Institute of Physics, American Meteorological Society, American Physical Society, American Quaternary Association, Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences, Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, European Academy of Sciences and Arts, European Geosciences Union, European Science Foundation, Geological Society of America, Geological Society of London-Stratigraphy Commission, InterAcademy Council, International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences, International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics, International Union for Quaternary Research, National Research Council (US), Network of African Science Academies, and Royal Meteorological Society (UK).

Are you guys saying all those scientists are wrong and you are right? Come on, get real!

And this conspiracy theory about the industrialized countries trying to prevent third-world countries from developing is just ridiculous.

It might not be a scientific fact but the empirical evidence is so overwhelming that it is as close to a fact as you could possibly get. And I am certainly not going to repeat and type out all the evidence there is, because it's all over the internet. It's really not that hard to find.
さん…?%&#ぜn

#18 greah

greah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1186 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

'Global warming' simply no longer happening

500 scientists refute global warming dangers

and many many more from this and other sites

#19 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

^ What's your point? That there are scientists dissenting form the majority? That's true for pretty much all scientific theories.
さん…?%&#ぜn

#20 greah

greah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1186 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

That there is no such a thing as monopoly on truth and being in majority doesn't mean that they're right

Couple of years ago scientists find that ozone hole was increasing every spring even 100 years ago when people didn't know what freon is. Now I'm waiting for similar informations about GW and probably/I believe/I know that I will see it soon or later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users