• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#41 Nana-chan

Nana-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

^When someone says something like this I wonder if they really thought about it. I hope so because it was very mean.

I agree with Nayok-Kihara, that's not the place to talk about ICM but since it was done already I want to say something. ICM's members don't look bored. You are comparing them with Japanese girls, that are noisy and exaggerated. They are Taiwanese and their culture is different, don't expect them to act like Japanese. If you don't like it, it's okay, but you can't judge them by that . For the ones that said that they don't have talent, are you even following their work? Did you even heard their version of Morning Coffee for example?

I'm tired of people that talks about H!P's audience like that. That is prejudice. You talk like if all H!P's fans were wota. H!P still having a lot of girls and kids that are fans and that is why that are so many songs with lyrics directed to them, if you didn't notice. You affirm that a wota is a sick and perverted person. You don't have idea of how most of them respect the members that they like.

Taiwanese people liked Frances and Aiko. They didn't choose them out of nothing. They did this because people enjoyed to see these girls at New Star. Lately UF is tring to get the more Mini Moni's fans back. That's why a lot of members are involved with animes for kids like Athena and Robokirettsu and Sanrio's Onegai My Melody Kirara. Kirarin Revolution is one of the most successful manga/anime for kids. Frances and Aiko are already involved with it. They are not planing to promote them for adult people. Adults that like something childish and stupid like Athena and Robokirettsu girls and other things that are for young people can exist but that don't make the concept of the thing pedophile. This happens in a lot of countries, don't call them pedophile like if they are the only that have this problem, at least they are less cynical than us.

I'm sorry if I ofended someone. That wasn't my intention, but sometimes I don’t know how to express my thoughts in English.

#42 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

Sure, these two aren't spectacular now, but who's to say that they won't make it big in the future? H!P doesn't always go for the best talent; they're idols, first and foremost, it seems, and personality can go a long way. Personally, I'm supporting France & Aiko all the way. <_<
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#43 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

^I think if that was true, they'd probably stay behind the scenes until they're good enough

And if you don't like the Taiwan groups or members, perhaps you shouldn't visit their threads?

"Like it or gtfo" :D
It's not like we shoudn't be able to give some criticism.

I agree on your other point though, I won't post any more H!P-tw critique here, its Frances & Aiko's thread after all :D

#44 Helder Ribeiro

Helder Ribeiro

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1344 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

That's the whole problem I have with them. I watched NEW STAR.
Both of them have horrid singing voices, they cannot dance. They have absolutely no talent.
The only thing they are good for is being cute, and for all we know that will go away once they hit puberty.
I'm really sick of H!P picking people based on looks. First Mano, now these two.
Come ON H!P, you want to make a good impression to the Taiwanese, not as a toddler peddler to pedophiles!

The only H!P Kid who can sing in auditions past time was Suzuki Airi (singing BoA's song)... The other girls was all without these lot of tallent that you want from Aiko and Frances, man, MaiMai was cute, ok, but she is growing in singing nowadays, and I'm her fan, until now some of the h!pkids can't sing that well (dont will mention names cause I dont want to be killed but...) they have fans only cause of the looks, Mano wasnt the first, that's for sure...

All this Taiwan hate is pure prejudice... Make me remember of JunJun and LinLin haters at the begin, pure prejudice! I like C-pop, and I'll support Ice Creamusume and H!P-tw stuff all the way...
Posted Image

10th Generation

#45 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

Ha! You think I'M prejudiced towards Taiwanese people? Me, who listens to S.H.E. and is learning mandarin in a Chinese program at college? Me, who's 2nd favorite member is JunJun, who is learning Martial Arts, and an assistant for a TCM doctor?
I'm saying this because I do not think they are talented. At all. Taiwanese liked them because they are "cute". But, to me, they aren't "cute", just young. Anybody that is young is cute until they grow older.
And, finally, MiniMoni was able to gain children fans without actually having children in the group. And, after all, Minimoni had actual singing ability.
Children do not look to other children as singing inspirations, they look to older people. When I was younger, I hated that Kidz Bop crap, and all of the groups made up of kids my age.
Looking happy in an MV is not Japanese thing, it's an international one. PVs want to sell the single, and having somebody stare into the camera with a blank expression is not very exciting.

#46 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

I WATCHED the Kids auditions too. The kids were far more talented then these two when they auditioned.

Well, I just watched Frances & Aiko audition and I have to agree XD They were like.... :unsure:. Of course they will get better because they are just kids :wub:

g8aHT2F.gif

#47 kelsey

kelsey

Little Charles, Duchess Of Aikastan

• Banned
  • 1696 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

frances and aiko are so cute i cant wait to hear there voices!

#48 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

Then this is your.. "lucky".. day..

*patches up bleedings from ears*

Expect some serious dancing from Frances' side though! XD

#49 Nana-chan

Nana-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

mishydishy, I didn't said that ICM's girls aren't happy, I said that they aren't boring IMO. I didn't use the word happy, I said that Japanese girls act exaggerated and are noisy. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing, they are just different and that is what make they especial. And that's not a international thing. Do you really think that ocidental girls act like the "joshi kashimashi's" girls? I know a lot of ocidental artists and they aren't like this.
You said that you are a Junjun fan, so I think you watched her training when she arrived. She had shame to do some moves or sing like the instructor was telling.

hello:duck, if you want to criticizes that's okay, it's a forum. But you should at least pay attention, this video was already posted by Blu-Cherri yesterday.

I'm not saying that Frances and Aiko are talented girls. That's not the first time that H!P does something like this. I didn't agree that H!P's kids were better. Most were horrible singers IMO. I agree that Maimai was one of them.

#50 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:51 AM

hello:duck: Well, that isn't exactly what I meant. :D But I thank you for pointing it out to me, that it could (and probably did/does) come off that way.

I'm totally open for criticism, it helps artists of all kinds grow and mature in their craft if they get to hear it, and it generally makes things more interesting. I was mostly responding to the "fail" part. If someone wants something to fail, I imagine they aren't going to critique it very much, and it would be easier to ignore it. This probably varries from person to person though, so again, I probably shouldn't have said it like that. Much thanks. XD
-----

I would never try to defend Frances & Aiko in the "amazing talent" or even "good talent" department. XD; They're pretty bad. Frances is the better of the two, I think, when it comes to singing and dancing. (This might be partially because of her age, but that's a bit doubtful.) But they still aren't good. I look foward to seeing if and how they might improve with training and practice over time. And I really hope Frances gets to do her Robot all over the place. :lol: She's actually pretty good at that for an 8 year old.

Also, on the "looking happy in a PV/MV" thing, I think that depends on the genre of song, the lyrics, and mood you want to set. XD I mean, a big example would be bands that mostly produce hard metal songs, and aren't really going to look happy and boppy in their videos.

But..anyway. XD Let's just enjoy the cuteness, since they probably won't do anything serious for a while. (Also, I enjoyed things with kids in it when I was a kid. :P I remember this show where kids and teenagers could come on solo or as a group to do lip syncing, and get judged on it. That was a lot of fun. And I used to watch the old Mickey Mouse Club episodes. Annette Funicello was/is great.)

I feel like there was something else I was going to say.. but my mind is completely blank now. XD

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#51 Nana-chan

Nana-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:11 AM

"...or even "good talent" department" --> LOL XD

I agree that she is good with this Robot dance. The first thing that comes in my mind was Robo Kisu. lol

Personally, I don't think that they are cute. Aiko looks too normal. Frances is cute but (ppl'll kill me...) a little overweighted. I think it's not my impression, she has almost 30 kilos.

#52 Comandante Garlix

Comandante Garlix

Hail to the Captain

• Senpai
  • 5049 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:35 AM

The internet has been going too slowly for me to check their videos, so I can't comment on whether I think they're talented or not. However, I'm sure they will both improve with time and training (which I would assume they will get).
Like Helder said, H!P Kids weren't very good when they first auditioned either. Maasa even had a lisp when she auditioned; but have you seen her solo events? Her singing ability has improved very much. In addition, it sounds like they were chosen based on being popular during the auditions instead of just on looks. If that's the case, then it's just a good move in general to have chosen them for something. The UFA folks probably realized that Erina was popular and decided to give her a solo career based on that more than based on them suddenly deciding that she's pretty. (Paying attention to the consumer? Some GM they turned out to be.)

So, I'm willing to give them a chance. I'm curious what will be done with them.

As for the question of criticism, one should always remember that there are different ways to do it.
If someone were to walk up to you wearing a really goofy hat and said "how do I look?" there is a world of difference between saying "Jesus Christ. Are you freaking blind? It looks like a cat yacked on your head!" and saying "that look does not fit you."
Note: This is not directed at anyone in particular.

Nana-chan: Nice rant. :good: I agree with what you said about pigeon-holing fans.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- マーティン・ルーサー・キング・ジュニア

#53 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:39 AM

Nana-chan: I think France's chubbyness is cute, but that might just be me. :w00t: I think most of it is baby fat that she'll grow out of; esspecially if she's going to be active with any sort of dance practice or something.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#54 Helder Ribeiro

Helder Ribeiro

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1344 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:28 AM

Looking happy in an MV is not Japanese thing, it's an international one. PVs want to sell the single, and having somebody stare into the camera with a blank expression is not very exciting.

Well, for sure you wasnt a Miki Fujimoto fan, LOL, wtv...

Let's just wait and let the future show if the girls are good or not, I'll support them.
Posted Image

10th Generation

#55 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

But you should at least pay attention, this video was already posted by Blu-Cherri yesterday.

I am and was perfectly aware of that, I also think that came forward very clear in my post.. :)

#56 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

^I do have to agree with you, frances' dancing gives me hope but the amount of training these girls will get by the time they do anything important their singing should be fine by then.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#57 Nana-chan

Nana-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

Garlix, I totally agree.

Nayok-Kihara, most of people that I knew and was chubby still chubby now days. But I think you are right. Not only because she'll be active at dancing and performing, she'll be an aidou now. :unsure:

hello:duck Did you? I think that I didn't understand. My fault. I'm sorry~

^I think that they'll have a lot of trainings since ICM is having.

#58 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

Nana-chan: I know some people like that too. <3 I got chubby in 5th grade, and it never really went away. But I don't think I was as active as she'll have to be. XD

My half sister on the other hand, was chubby as could be when she was a baby and a kid, and now she's really tiny. It probably varries person to person. ^^;

(Though if she did stay a little chubby, I wouldn't mind it.)

Edit: I found the correct Chinese characters (I believe) for the girls names and added them to their little mini-profiles in the first post. I also found some Frances & Aiko pictures.

Click to make bigger~ (Except the firs 3 NEW STAR pictures; that's as big as those get.)

Posted Image

NEW STAR:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Aiko - Final NEW STAR Episode, Full Body Shot (CLICK)

Posted Image Posted Image

Aiko:
Posted Image Posted Image

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#59 Nana-chan

Nana-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:05 AM

^I'm sure that it varies. :blink:
Risako is chubby and still cute for me, so that's okay.

Frances is very cute in the first picture. Who is that guy? Van what?
Spoiler

People really like these two.

Very good quality pictures!

#60 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

^ I wasn't sure at first, but I think they got to meet Van Fan. (this guy)

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users