Photo

PSP = Portable Gaming, Audio, Video, Photo, Web

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
373 replies to this topic

#21 dracko

dracko

9th gen member

• Uploader
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:36 PM

I already got the DS and while nice, the lack of good titles really hurts it. Mario DS is alright, although I cant see myself playing it long enough to get all 150 stars. Spiderman is a joke, that ping pals (or whatever it is called) is junk. If Nintendo or a third party finds a nice use for the unit's wireless (802.11b I believe) then there could be some nice developments, but nothing yet.

I WILL get a PSP, but lik-sang's $400 price is too steeep. If it comes out around $200 in the states next month, I would forever kick myself because i could have bought 2 for the same price. So for now, I await the US release. the MP4 support, wifi, etc look alot more refined and useful.

#22 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:57 PM

Only mp4? Posted Image well. Maybe it is easy to convert? I haven't had time to experiment yet. Besides, you don't get a whole lot of Hello! Morning on a 30meg memory card <_<

thera are some tool to easy convert your video

the sony program is "image converter" and cost about 10€
there are also freeware program (better than the sony one) like 3gp convertor

in a 512 mega ms there is enough space for 1h30, 2h of video with very good quality :)

#23 TheDarkHaze

TheDarkHaze

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:40 AM

heh you can watch video's on gba =P

and psp is kinda eh...

price is very expensive and that's a big detraction
The Haze is here

#24 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:09 PM

you can watch video also on the n-gage <_<

but the other console don't have this screen :)
Posted Image

#25 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:56 PM

I haven't seen anything from the nintendo version yet, so I'll hold my vote for the time being.
Hopefully these consoles will make more original games on them instead of re-running their old crap games from their home consoles.
I think I'll buy whichever makes an original street fighter game for that hand console only. <_<
I wonder if one can turn up the volume really up so that none would be spared to hear my loud 'tiger knee' or 'tiger uppercut'. I would create mayhem on train stations. heh.
If it ain't Musume, I don't want it.
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

#26 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:57 PM

you can watch video also on the n-gage <_<

but the other console don't have this screen :)
Posted Image

oh that looks so nice! I thought there would be a problem with the screen aspect ratio but you seem to have got it full screen with no problems ;D
Did you convert it to right width and height in a computer program or did the psp 'cut' it to fit? *:needs to gets some memory stick :* ^^;

#27 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:54 AM

oh that looks so nice! I thought there would be a problem with the screen aspect ratio but you seem to have got it full screen with no problems ;D
Did you convert it to right width and height in a computer program or did the psp 'cut' it to fit? *:needs to gets some memory stick :* :)

I've taken the screen from the net, it's not my psp (i m waiting the europe official price to decide which version buy) ^^;

psp accept only 320x240 movie (maybe in the future upgrade the software will play also othe resolution)
but if you have a widescreen movie, you can convert it in 320x240 and then you play it on psp with the zoom "original" and you'll see your widescreen movie in his original format <_<

#28 wasiod

wasiod

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:52 AM

I will buy PSP, because it is better then NDS.

#29 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 04:04 PM

http://www.bloomberg...=top_world_news
Sony Delays Debut of PSP Player in Europe on Shortage

:sob:

#30 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:27 PM

Umm my psp changed background color when we the month changed to february :sob: i thought that i did something weird and accidently changed the color from blue/grey to yellow by mistake, but if you take a look at http://www.playstation.jp/ you can see that the psp that they're showing of also has yellow background :sob:

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm clueless to this. Does it really change background every once in a while? weird Posted Image

#31 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:24 AM

http://www.bloomberg...=top_world_news
Sony Delays Debut of PSP Player in Europe on Shortage

:sob:

Bah. Sony used this same shite tactic when playstation was going to appear here in Europe. Every store had a few units and got sold out in a matter of minutes. People even started camping out in front of stores.
A cheap stunt to create attention.
It's reasons like this one that made me stop buying their gaystation.
I'm still waiting for the news that Sony has gone bankrupt. That would really make my day. :sob:
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

#32 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:23 AM

I wonder what kind of cool devices and gadgets you guys are using to watch videos "on the go?" I got this idea from a question somebody asked about a cellphone in another topic.

I'll kick it off by saying that I use a cellphone to watch my videos! I have the Motorola MPx220. It has a whole bunch of features, but the most relevant to this discussion is that it is a Windows Smartphone with players for wmv, mp3, avi, mpeg and others. It has a small but very crisp screen and stereo sound. I have a 256MB mini-SD card that stores about 45 - 60 min of videos (at 220 x 176 resolution). I just ordered a 512MB card - can't wait for the 1GB to be released!

You can view the phone here:
Motorola MPx220 Web Site

I know that the Discovery Zone has a whole bunch of cool players, and there's the RCA unit, the Palm Treo, IPaq and lots more.

What do you use? What are your thoughts and experiences?

#33 Asayan

Asayan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:15 PM

iPaq 2210 with 1Gb SD ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:28 PM

I'm a poor regular guy.
So the gadget I use to watch anything on the go is the ancient invention called imagination. It forms in ones mind and I'm even able to play things I can't even see anywhere else. ^_^
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

#35 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:36 PM

iPaq 2210 with 1Gb SD ^_^

Waaaaaa!!! I want one of those! Wow - such a great screen. How about the speed?

#36 Asayan

Asayan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:05 PM

Waaaaaa!!! I want one of those! Wow - such a great screen. How about the speed?

Which speed? ^_^
Posted Image

#37 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:33 PM

About the speed: I'm wondering about the maximum bits / sec video you can play without dropping frames or jerky motion. I guess I could just check the specs of the iPaq processor and compare to mine, which is ARM processor about 1/2 the power of Treo 650.

Another way to look at it - do you have to compress the mpegs that you download for use on the ipaq, or do you use them "as is"?

Update: ok, forget it. I just read a review. Now I'm serious and fight'n mad. I gotta have one immediately!!!! ^_^ What an amazingly wonderful gadget for a relatively low price. Here is the review I read:

IPag 2210/2215 Review

#38 Asayan

Asayan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:10 PM

About the speed: I'm wondering about the maximum bits / sec video you can play without dropping frames or jerky motion. I guess I could just check the specs of the iPaq processor and compare to mine, which is ARM processor about 1/2 the power of Treo 650.

Another way to look at it - do you have to compress the mpegs that you download for use on the ipaq, or do you use them "as is"?

Update: ok, forget it. I just read a review. Now I'm serious and fight'n mad. I gotta have one immediately!!!!  :(  What an amazingly wonderful gadget for a relatively low price. Here is the review I read:

IPag 2210/2215 Review

Tried 1008x568 divx 5 in betaplayer, but due to 4mbps bit rate and limited sd card speed playback was like a slideshow. 720x406 and 2mbps bitrate was pretty fine ^_^

Nevertheless, I usually convert video to 320x240, since it looks better without scaling and takes less space :(
Posted Image

#39 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:18 AM

Tried 1008x568 divx 5 in betaplayer, but due to 4mbps bit rate and limited sd card speed playback was like a slideshow. 720x406 and 2mbps bitrate was pretty fine ^_^

Nevertheless, I usually convert video to 320x240, since it looks better without scaling and takes less space :(

Oh thanks. That was exactly the information I was looking for. Now to start saving up the bucks - I really want one of those ... :(

#40 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:36 AM

I'm a poor regular guy.
So the gadget I use to watch anything on the go is the ancient invention called imagination. It forms in ones mind and I'm even able to play things I can't even see anywhere else. ^_^

its a great tool :(

in my country we have free tv shows on the buses, and the distances are relatively short.. so we dun really need any portable stuff to bring around.. :(
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)