Photo

PSP = Portable Gaming, Audio, Video, Photo, Web

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
373 replies to this topic

#1 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:29 PM

I just got my psp from liksang :blush: I'm running around in circles! happy days! happy days!!

I'll upload some pics and stuff later but now I'm gonna play minna no golf 'till my eyes go :good:

I haven't tried the Nintendo DS but I choose the psp since I thought that it looked waaaay better. Sure, there seems to be some interesting titles on NDS but not as interesting as those for PSP!! XP And the screen is so big!! :wub:

vote vote vote!

#2 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:46 PM

psp, i want to watch morning musume video in train :blush:

I'm waiting the european official price to decide to buy the japanese version or waiting the official release :wub:

first game i'll buy: lumines... tetsuya mizuguchi's new game :good:

#3 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:50 PM

Tablet PC.

#4 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:57 PM

Haha..
Voted for a PSP though i does not need it...
But of the choices PSP seems best

#5 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:29 PM

fyi.... PSP was sold out in Japan as of Xmas 2004.. there are still tons of DS lying about.... which says a lot eh :blush:
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#6 TheDarkHaze

TheDarkHaze

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:45 PM

NDS because the battery life on the PSP is horrendous and the PSP is trying to promote it's RPG sector, and while that's all nice...I'm really not going to be using it that much, only when I travel, if I'm home...I'm going to be on the comp =/
The Haze is here

#7 Noemi

Noemi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:37 AM

My vote goes to the DS.. And not only because I already have but from a gamers point of view it's a better unit.. I have my ipod for mp3's and I preffer to watch movies on my laptop.. Now before someone calls me a Nintendo fanboy: I'm getting PSP.. Already have a preorder on it..

Now the fun part:

fyi.... PSP was sold out in Japan as of Xmas 2004..? there are still tons of DS lying about.... which says a lot eh? XD

What does it say? Can you tell us?

Main reason why PSP was sold out everywhere: Sony shipped around 1/4th of the number of DS'es shipped by Nintendo.. So it's not the popularity of the unit that caused the shortage, it's the lack of those units in stores.. Look for actual sales figures instead of what's on the shelf..

Now from theregister:

Last week, Sony Computer Entertainment chief Ken Kutaragi said the company had shipped 800,000-odd PSPs since the handheld console's 12 December 2004 debut. Today, Nintendo said it had shipped 2.84m DS units since its late November launch, though that figure covers both the US and Japan.

That's enough about shipping.. Now about actual sales:
2005 sales (source):
PlayStation Portable: 193,197
Nintendo DS: 206,696

I talked to some guys in Tokyo and PSP was soldout in Akihabara in the first 2 weeks from the release day.. Why you may ask? Cause some stores got only 20 units! While DS was shipped at around 200 units per store (plus preorders) in the initial shipment..

Please get some facts.. :wub:

#8 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:39 AM

:wub: can there be a "none of the above" choice?
IF i had extra cash, i'd rather save them for ps3...
handhelds, give me the feeling that their games are somewhat recycled from platform consoles...ofcourse there are exceptions like FFtactics advance ... but...its not worthwhile buying handhelds for me...lol

#9 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:51 AM

Now the fun part:

fyi.... PSP was sold out in Japan as of Xmas 2004..? there are still tons of DS lying about.... which says a lot eh? XD

What does it say? Can you tell us?

Please get some facts.. :wub:

there is no shame in saying wat I said.. afterall that was what i really saw
XD

bear in mind that actual reported "sales figures" are sometimes wat the manufacturers want you the consumer to believe.. so as to get more pple to buy...
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#10 Noemi

Noemi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:57 AM

No, the SHIPPING units are what comes from the manufactuers.. The sale figures come from the stores..

#11 Asayan

Asayan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:08 AM

psp, i want to watch morning musume video in train :wub:

I could use my tablet pc or pocket pc for that ^^;
Posted Image

#12 MMFAN

MMFAN

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:09 AM

I'm waiting the european official price to decide to buy the japanese version or waiting the official release XD

about 250 cocozze (euros XP ) ...maybe.

i'll buy an "euro" psp this summer ..maybe ^^;

NDS suks :wub: XP x_x
ITALIAN Morning Musume FAN

#13 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:10 PM

I talked to some guys in Tokyo and PSP was soldout in Akihabara in the first 2 weeks from the release day.. Why you may ask? Cause some stores got only 20 units! While DS was shipped at around 200 units per store (plus preorders) in the initial shipment..

w0rd
That seems to be the standard operational procedure when releasing a new console for Sony :wub:

--

I'm not really that hooked on all the facts and figures ... (eventhough I luuuv telling off my xbox 'friends' how much ps2 owns that twisted piece of machinery ^^ *senses a storm brewing*). Seriously, when buying a console, you should consider how much fun you can have with it, not how much it has solded in various parts of the world.

So far... I'm loving psp XD i played waaaaay to much minna no golf today XD

#14 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:38 PM

I'm not sure about this... I picked DS: PSP seems cool, but thousands of japanese have returned it to stores because it had some flaws: the disc comes out from the console while playing (if your'e finger hit the release-button) and square button is different from the others: you have to push it harder that the others.

If they fix those problems before ER-release, and if the price is under 200?, I'd choose PSP. Otherwise the 150? value Nintendo DS would be my choice.
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#15 wakuwaku

wakuwaku

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:50 AM

If I had extra money I would buy PSP, cause my brother already bugged my mom on christmas and got a NDS :wub:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ぐるぐる回る♪♪ ぐるぐる回る♪♪

#16 Noemi

Noemi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:19 AM

If they fix those problems before ER-release, and if the price is under 200?, I'd choose PSP. Otherwise the 150? value Nintendo DS would be my choice.

Keep on dreaming about the under-200 price.. :wub:
If they follow the same pricing as in the states the price should be around 300 since the ds is 149.. "-_-
(based on us$149 for DS and us$299 for the psp)

#17 Rabiesfish

Rabiesfish

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:19 PM

once again Nintendo seems to have some great hardware but not enough games to back it up. ^^;

I hate how Sony uses a memory stick but still manages to make it so that you have to buy their specially formatted one :wub:

#18 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:41 PM

Keep on dreaming about the under-200 price.. :wub:
If they follow the same pricing as in the states the price should be around 300 since the ds is 149.. "-_-
(based on us$149 for DS and us$299 for the psp)

That's true. I've read from a lot of places that the price will be around 200?, but I don't think that's true. The second most effecting thing to my choice is the cost of the memory cards: if I'm right PSP doesn't support anything else than Sony-sticks? If they are not so expensive, I might buy it (and I don't support the idea of UMD, if there's no other way to watch videos, it sucks).
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#19 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:01 PM

(and I don't support the idea of UMD, if there's no other way to watch videos, it sucks).

you can watch video saving them in the ms in mp4 format :wub:

#20 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:26 PM

(and I don't support the idea of UMD, if there's no other way to watch videos, it sucks).

you can watch video saving them in the ms in mp4 format ^^;

Only mp4? Posted Image well. Maybe it is easy to convert? I haven't had time to experiment yet. Besides, you don't get a whole lot of Hello! Morning on a 30meg memory card :wub:

Umm, the pricing on the Memorystick duo.... The neat ones aren't that common yet so 1 gig costs like 130? or maybe a little bit more. Expensive, but then again, if I buy that I don't need to buy a mp3 player x_x