901 replies to this topic

#21 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

^ That helped me tons, thank you so much for doing it. ^^;

From first impressions in that MV, I think I liked Jung-ah and Bekha the most. But Gahee is running close behind.

I'm very happy in that fangirly sort of way, because "Bekha" sounds like one of the nicknames people call me. XD XD

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#22 Perseus~HADES~

Perseus~HADES~

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

Anyone know where I can d/l the music? I'd buy it but I'm on break from work so I'm brrroke.

...and once I go back and pay off my bills and debt, my yesasia account will be poppin'! LOL.

#23 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

JPOPSUKI, it's where I got it from.
In fact it's where I get just about everything from ...

#24 nono:)bbz

nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

d/L link:-
http://www.mediafire.com/?jopzmxndnod

#25 ©hocolate☆

©hocolate☆

CL; the one and ONLY baddest female

• Senpai
  • 1021 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

I really really REALLY like this group. The song is brilliant. And that JungAh really does look like Nicole from PCD.
Thanks nono:)bbz for the link!!

Posted Image

#26 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

Performance on Music Bank

Sounds like they're a hit, judging by the crowd screaming the "Ah"'s at them. :lol:

I only go - UP! UP!

#27 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

One of the things I've been liking about them is the same reason many youtubers are dissing them for.
They're not a bunch of little girls making cutesy poses to music.
None of the vocals are stand outs, but the three listed as rappers do have a nice flow during their respective parts.
The choreography (sp?) is strong and the outfits that I've seen so far have been flattering and sexy without pushing the "I'm a peice of meat, come and get it".
And unlike PCD, everybody sings.
Not just one singer and four (admitted very skilled) dancers.
The odd chorus line every three songs does not count.

#28 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:16 AM

@nono:)bbz: thanks for the run-down pictures/names. it helps.
I like Gahee and Jooyeon.

I really like this group.
Posted Image

-made by nono:)bbz, who is awesome

#29 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:51 AM

ahhh, i love their song Ah
though they arent the best group of singers, they are quite entertaining and different from other groups
i like becca the best xD

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#30 iheartmomusu

iheartmomusu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2163 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:16 AM

thanks nono:bbz for telling us their names! :) the pics also really helped out a lot. Lately I've been addicted to their debut song now. Even my little brother sings along with the chorus (it kind of freaks me out though since he has a really deep voice o.o) I must say that I really love this group! I might even consider myself of a fan of them <3 I'm looking forward to their future releases. I hope they get to show us what they really are made of. To me I don't think they're as overly sexy as other female groups out there (well basically they don't dance around or maybe even walk around in garments that look like handkerchiefs).

After watching their segment on super rookie on "Arirang Showbiz" I think that Soyoung(?) sounds like linlin if she was fluent in korean ^^;

#31 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

No problem guys, everytime I post a photo(s), I'll point out who they are.

New photos:-

Posted Image
(l-r: Gahee, Bekha, Soyounh, Jooyeon, Jung-ah)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
(l-r: Jung-ah, Jooyeon, Gahee, Soyoung, Bekha)

"The concept of After School seems to be taking a leaf from Japan's Morning Musume where its members graduate at a certain stage. According to their management, technically this first batch of 5 members will be After School first year students. After them, they will start auditions for 2nd year students and then they will then replace the 1st year students once they have trained sufficiently for their debut.

Soyoung further explained, 'We are like students currently studying in the school called After School. If there are new students coming in, there will also be graduating students. As long as the new students fit the After School image, anyone can become a student for the coming 2nd year. The current first year students have a choice on whether they want to stay as a singer or develop their career instead in the acting or variety field.'
"

I totally didn't see this coming, that they would have graduations like Momusu.
Or maybe they have that idea now, but they'll discard it later (like Berryz did)!

#32 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

So it seems that they will be replaced by the 2nd class all at once then instead of the gradual process employed in Momusu.
Didn't see that coming.
I wonder at what point they will produce an AS album.

And I must say that Jung-Ah, Bekha and Gahee are freaking hot. :blink:

Edit: v GETS v

#33 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

I wonder at what point they will produce an AS album.

Yet to have a full album, but they already have a mini-album out.
It features the songs 'Ah!', 'Play Girlz' and 'Ah! (Intstrumental)'

Posted Image

#34 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

^I will have to get that at some point. maybe i can sneak it into my birthday order.

wow did not see the graduation thing coming. interesting
Posted Image

-made by nono:)bbz, who is awesome

#35 iheartmomusu

iheartmomusu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2163 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

wait...what? so they'll be having graduations as well? wow totally didn't expect this.. so pussycat doll concept+morning musume style graduations? whoa... makes me think of a wayyy sexier version of morning musume (with better management and whatnot) :) I was hoping they would keep it with these original five. Like nono:)bbz said maybe they'll discard this idea, it does sound rather interesting though :D

#36 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

I, however, do not like them.
I listen to K-Pop/J-Pop so I can listen to songs that are not already done by English-speaking artists. I already like PCD. None of these girls are even as good as Nicole's. If I already like PCD, then why am I going to like a less-talented imitator of them? Don't get me wrong, these girls aren't horrible, but it's like, why get a medium-quality thing when there is a higher-quality one readily available?
It's the same reason I don't like Rain. His music sounds just like a not-as-good version of Justin Timberlake's music. Same thing here.
All 5 girls have okay voices, but the song's 'Ah's' annoy me because it's a very breathy and high pitched sound affect, and the chorus skips a couple beats. Also, I find the girls of PCD to be much sexier.
And, really, I'm fine with PCD being Nicole singing and the other girls dancing and backing. Unlike other girl groups, PCD, from the start, was all about showcasing Nicole. Unlike Morning Musume, where there have been points where all girls were even.
If these girls are successful, they, along with Rain, may just transform K-Pop into a pale imitator of American music. I don't want that. I want to listen to Korean music, not American music sung in Korean. There's already not too much of a difference in the music styles.

#37 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:49 AM

^ you didnt have to come here and complain about it xD
i mean, i know its your opinion and you have the right to say it, but its kind of going to the point where you are dissing them :/

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#38 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

Park Gahee (AS Leader) at Music Bank 500th Special, 27.02.09, 'Grown-up Ceremony' Performance:-

#39 loli_pop

loli_pop

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Love 'em. Far more natural charisma than SNSD or Kara, great stage presence, they hold their vocals quite well live. They're like Wonder Girls big sister ^^; Ah is damn catchy.

so true lol
I love Wonder Girls and After School
The MV for Ah! was cute too lol
but I would've thought the dance would've been a bit more wow, since Park Gahee was really hyped about being Boa's back up dancer
but yea...it was still good though XD

my art

#40 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

Diary of After School; Part 1!
http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

Diary of After School; Part 2!

Diary of After School; Part 3!

and..

Fancam; After School performing 'Buttons'!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users