• Please log in to reply
665 replies to this topic

#81 rikachan

rikachan

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:22 PM

Yo.....Santa-san, didn't knew that you have the same taste like mine......
glad to see your post reply here too....

#82 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:43 PM

Well, like you said she (along with momusu, of course) really turned me on( :sob: ) to japanese music. I had that "Boys And Girls" PV on repeat day in and day out when I first got it! :whistle: She?Ls got such a pretty voice, and the song totally roxxx!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#83 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:36 AM

well guys. dun worry bout her ears actually......those are just earphones to listen to the music and most importantly her own voice...... because the song that she sang mostly are remixed a bit.......have to catch up to the beat and tempo....

and the one that Ayu-sama puts  in the ear might be just some "ear-reliever thingy" after concerts or doing recordings...

:ph34r:

Actually, Ayu rarely sings her remixed songs. The clip on earphones she wears during concerts, I think, plays back the instrumental so she can focus and block out the noise of the audience. It's only during the encore section of her concerts that she takes them off.

Furthermore, Ayu first encountered her left ear problem all the way back in 2000 during her second official concert. She was just overexposed to loud music during rehearsals, and she wasn't used to it (she did confess that she never wanted to be a singer). She would also hear this strange noise in her left ear during future rehearsals afterwards, so she had to wear those gray earplugs as shown by the pics provided by hu5h, in order to keep focused on her singing. Unfortunately, in 2001, during the rehearsal of her Dome Tour 2001 concert, she lost her balance and fell off the stage. She injured her ankles, bruised her arms, and was almost forced to cancel the show. The doctors said her hearing cause her lost of balance, and they didn't want her to continue the show, but she persevered anyway. This is one reason why I think Dome Tour 2001 is her best concert of all time.

In the end, here is the good news: 5 years have passed and there doesn't seem to be any more news (real or fake) concerning her left ear infection.

#84 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 04:08 AM

In the end, here is the good news: 5 years have passed and there doesn't seem to be any more news (real or fake) concerning her left ear infection.

It is so nice to have well-informed clearly written information. Thanks for your update!

#85 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:16 PM

It would be truly terrible if she had/has caught the terrible Tinnitus... :ph34r:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#86 gogirlanime

gogirlanime

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

Thought I'd start an Ayu thread! Here are some new things about Ayu that have come out/are comming out

New releases:
~12/15 - MY STORY
~2/2 - SUPER?BEST TRANCE presents SUPER J-TRANCE BEST - CAROLS (S.T.F. remix) [YSI] download preview
~3/2 - Dome Tour 2004-2005 DVD
~3/24 - MY STORY Classical

Upcomming releases:
~3/30 - 俄然パラパラ!! Presents super J-euro Best - INSPIRE (Energy Inspire Remix) [YSI] download preview
~4/20 - STEP you / is this LOVE single

CM Song Previews:
~[YSI] Panasonic 710 SD (ft. STEP you)
~[YSI] Panasonic D-snap audio (ft. STEP you)

News:
~New Morinaga Bake CM is comming, featuring her new song "is this LOVE"
~New single (CD+DVD Version) "STEP you / is this LOVE" will include a PV for her "MY STORY" album-released track "my name's WOMEN"

Pictures:
~"my name's WOMEN" and "is this LOVE" PV recording shots...
Posted Image
Posted Image

If anything needs re-posting, feel free to ask me, I'll re-upload, share your Ayumi joys, needs, comments, and info here ^o^V

#87 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:38 PM

Oh my god... :P
There's finally another ayumi hamasaki Dome Tour concert?
*nozomigoto jumps around the room until he hits his foot on the wall and cries. Then he slowly limps back to the computer to finish typing his post*

Um, yeah, Ayu's Dome Tour 2001 was my personal favorite. The costumes, the visuals, the singing, the atmosphere... everything in Dome Tour 2001 was perfect. Unfortunately, I am not into ayumi hamasaki as much anymore. She is just acting too mature for me now (showing cleavage and doing sexy/ dirty dancing) and I'm getting sick and tired of her "boring" concerts (she sings the same songs and does the same dances in her present concerts, with all due respect). I also HATE her backup singers that she had during A Museum concert.

I'm still excited for the 2nd Dome Tour though. I just hope she doesn't have the backup singers, doesn't do stupid/ erotic dances, doesn't wear revealing/ cleavage showing costumes, and sings different songs (I really wish she sang at least one of her remixed songs). I want the ayumi hamasaki of 2001 back. Not the "look at me, I'm older and more mature and I show my boobies and sexy legs and I do sexy dancing to attract more people to buy my music" Ayu. I apologize in advance for the comment, it might not even be accurate anymore since it's been months since I kept up with any Ayu news.

I also love Ayu's trance remixes, so I'm definitely checking out that new trance CD. Also, is it just me or is "STEP YOU" not proper use of English? Ayu should really stop using English song titles, but then again "My Name's Women" was a good song.

And for those of you who are not familiar with ayumi hamasaki, here's one of her best Trance songs.
Get it while you can: M (Above and Beyond Remix)

Thanks again for all the info, gogirlanime ^^;

#88 cheepo

cheepo

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:55 PM

Oh my god...  :P
There's finally another ayumi hamasaki Dome Tour concert?
*nozomigoto jumps around the room until he hits his foot on the wall and cries. Then he slowly limps back to the computer to finish typing his post*

Um, yeah, Ayu's Dome Tour 2001 was my personal favorite. The costumes, the visuals, the singing, the atmosphere... everything in Dome Tour 2001 was perfect. Unfortunately, I am not into ayumi hamasaki as much anymore. She is just acting too mature for me now (showing cleavage and doing sexy/ dirty dancing) and I'm getting sick and tired of her "boring" concerts (she sings the same songs and does the same dances in her present concerts, with all due respect). I also HATE her backup singers that she had during A Museum concert.

I'm still excited for the 2nd Dome Tour though. I just hope she doesn't have the backup singers, doesn't do stupid/ erotic dances, doesn't wear revealing/ cleavage showing costumes, and sings different songs (I really wish she sang at least one of her remixed songs). I want the ayumi hamasaki of 2001 back. Not the "look at me, I'm older and more mature and I show my boobies and sexy legs and I do sexy dancing to attract more people to buy my music" Ayu. I apologize in advance for the comment, it might not even be accurate anymore since it's been months since I kept up with any Ayu news.

I also love Ayu's trance remixes, so I'm definitely checking out that new trance CD. Also, is it just me or is "STEP YOU" not proper use of English? Ayu should really stop using English song titles, but then again "My Name's Women" was a good song.

And for those of you who are not familiar with ayumi hamasaki, here's one of her best Trance songs.
Get it while you can: M (Above and Beyond Remix)

Thanks again for all the info, gogirlanime ^^;

What u say maybe a bit true but i would still support ayu all the way cuz she is still one of the best in japan...while u cant blame ayu for wat she does cuz she has grown a lot and things are changing...i do wish she could change some of her dances(or at least incorparate something new) and sing more of her new songs and keep her best hits like M

#89 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:42 PM

What u say maybe a bit true but i would still support ayu all the way cuz she is still one of the best in japan...while u cant blame ayu for wat she does cuz she has grown a lot and things are changing...i do wish she could change some of her dances(or at least incorparate something new) and sing more of her new songs and keep her best hits like M

I support Ayu too (I have all her official & secret concerts, all CMs, all PVs, all Singles & Albums, and my most prized possession: the Dome Tour 2001 Book). I'm not blaming Ayu completely because it's Avex Trax who are technically in charge of what she does. She's the "Madonna of Japan" after all, and with that kind of title, she's bound to do things that will naturally shock/ sway off some of her fans sooner or later. I still respect her, it's just that she has to keep trying to be some thing she is not to keep herself "fresh" in the Jpop scene and I currently do not like what she is trying to do with the excessive use of mature themes.

By the way, nice avatar ^^;

#90 cheepo

cheepo

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:54 AM

Thanx...and i really agree abt what u said abt ayu trying to do something that is not herself...she is a very special person and she should keep it that way...

#91 siggyx4scythe

siggyx4scythe

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:49 PM

is it really dome tour? i thought it was arena tour that became MY STORY tour...

but yea, i luv ayu too (listening to Still Alone right now)

although the new generation (mainly after Memorial Address) seems to be disappointing to my taste...
ALL YOUR ORANGE ARE BELONG TO ME!

Posted Image

Thanks to Emaschi for this wonderful Orange MiniMoni set!

#92 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:16 PM

is it really dome tour?? i thought it was arena tour that became MY STORY tour...

I just went to Ayu's site, and as much as it disappoints me to say it, there is no Dome Tour 2005

Oh well, I guess I was indirectly right about Ayu being too raunchy to do another Dome Tour. I just checked her site and this picture of her came up:
Posted Image

I have to admit that she looks very sexy, but this is not the Ayu I fell in love with. sigh, I guess I'll stick to supporting H!P more instead...

#93 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:35 AM

I also prefer the cute ayu

#94 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:22 PM

Hey gx, have you seen that old old "video idol" clip with her? It looks like it's from the beginning of her career. She is modelling swimsuits, talking and just totally flashing her pretty smile... :sob: Think I like this "version" of Ayu better too...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#95 xSilverRaHx

xSilverRaHx

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:12 PM

Think I like this "version" of Ayu better too...

i agree ^^ ayu much betta now ^^ i wish to share some pics too ^^ from Ayumi's Game PV ...hmm Step you is also very nice ^^

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bye bye now ^^ *plays music*

-RaH

#96 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:40 PM

Heh, I liked old Ayu (Loveppears was her best album imho), and what made her into the singer I obsessed over for a while was the fact that Avex had some of the best remixers spinning her stuff. M [Above & Beyond] is definately one of the best remixes I've heard....ever (it's on my Ayumix CD - I posted this list in another thread, but hey, can't hurt to put it here too right?) :)

Ayumix v1.5 (nyekobug compilation) ====
Whatever [Ferry 'System F' Corsten Vocal Edit Mix]
I Am... [Night Clubbers Mix]
Seasons [D-Z Blue Sunbeam Mix]
Boys & Girls [D-Z Psychadelic Assassin Mix]
M [Above & Beyond Remix]
Appears [Junior's Appears On The Air]
Unite! [Airwave Mix]
Surreal [Marc et Claude Remix]
Audience [Keith Litman's Radio Mix]
Endless Sorrow [A Agressive Mix]
Monochrome [D-Z White Instinct Mix]
Trauma [JamX & De Leon's DuMonde Remix]
Too Late [Soul Solution Remix]
Immature [D-Z Dual Lucifer Mix]
Kanariya [Power Mix]
Evolution [Law is Q Mix]
====

Heck, even nonmainstream remixers use Ayu's music in their stuff, Cloudskipper has a track that uses a remixof Evolution.

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#97 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:21 PM

i like the cute Ayu better, too. A group of Japanese exchange students came to my school for a few weeks, and we talked to them about Ayu. Two of the girls were saying she's a slut now.... sniff... Oh well... i still love her.
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#98 Chun Li

Chun Li

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

I heard she's on a downward slope in Japan so she has to do all that sexy erotic dancing etc to keep up her "newness." I mean, look at BoA sucking up all the limelight with her natural talent and above average voice. I guess the Ayu thing is wearing off as these younger people are climbing up. I liked her in her 'Seasons' days the best.

#99 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

I heard she's on a downward slope in Japan so she has to do all that sexy erotic dancing etc to keep up her "newness."

I remember in a past interview, Ayu said she does not put english words into her lyrics so it keeps it Japanese. I guess she has given up on that in an attempt to stay a float.

#100 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:20 AM

I'm not sure about Ayu's decline, so I can't comment too much on that. On the other hand, it is very surprising that Ayu has considerably slowed down her music releases. I still remember the time when it was nearly impossible to keep up with any Ayu news and releases since they were so frequent.

Here's to hoping she doesn't alienate anymore of her loyal fans by being overly mature and breaking old promises.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users