Photo

How to make Video CD copies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 05:08 AM

As the title says, does anyone know how to make copies of Video CDs? I can copy any DVD or CD, but Video CDs are giving me a lot of trouble. I tried Nero, but it just can't bypass the copyright protection.

Please post any suggestions, tips, or recommendations here concerning VCDs. Thank you for all your help.

#2 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 05:42 AM

VCDs do not have any copy protection.. they are just written in a different format from data-CDs...

check out www.vcdhelp.com
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#3 erichuuu

erichuuu

erizabeth kyamei XDD

• Senpai
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:08 PM

nero doesn't work for you?! umm it should work... but anyways, if that fails... then try using CloneCD... it always worked for me
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:45 PM

r u trying to do a CD to CD copy or trying to rip it to disk?

I've copied VCD with Nero alot in the past, even tho it might say "copy protection", but it just goes on and copies it. The resulting disk works fine too.

Can u specify which option u'r using to copy and what the err is ?

#5 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:14 AM

Thank you yggg, erichuuu, and agb

Vcdhelp.com helped a LOT and I learned a lot of new things concerning DVDs and CDs. I can't believe I never knew about the site before. So thank you for the link, yggg.

I found out why Nero (or other burners/ extractors/ copiers for that matter) FAIL every time they try to copy the VCD. In short, the VCDs I'm trying to copy are so scratched to the point that the video is damaged. Here is the visual evidence:
Posted Image

The following pic show that at 65% Nero can't read the disc anymore because it's so scratched up:
Posted Image

So overall, the only thing I can do now is buy some Disc Repair kits... any recommendations on that? The only one I can think of getting is this: http://www.staples.c...pe=1&Sku=564376

Thanks again for all the help, everyone :sob:

#6 dracko

dracko

9th gen member

• Uploader
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:46 AM

Buff and polish that disk with a damp cotton sock (dont laugh, it has just enough friction) and then download CDRWIN from www.goldenhawk.com . the demo version will be fine for this. Now, go to the "copy disk to hard drive" option (the one with a cd and an arrow pointing at a boxy drive). Set the jitter to auto, the Error recovery to abort, and the subcode can be auto(doesnt matter for vcd). NOW, set the read retry count to some big number like 999. This will set the program to try and reread the bad sectors that many times.

If that still wont, then the disk is too scratched and you will need a disk repair kit.
As long as the disk isnt scratched on the TOP (where the data is actually stored) then it should be recoverable.