Photo

Resident Evil!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#41 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

Well you may not to buy it. If hostory dictates, Code Veronica and RE4, then its only a matter of time before RE:Umbrella Chronicles comes to the PS3 especially if its a hit unlike RE0 which wasn't really that big of hit for the GC....

Thats a good point. Though it was an absolute disgrace that resi 4 came out on PS2, after they assured nintendo they wouldn't do it. But as for umbrella chronicles, if they make it a Wii specific then there are bound to be controls made to bring the remote and nunchuk into play. If these controls require the Wii's unique features then there is a chance it wouldn't be playable on a joypad. But looking at how capcom seem to be neglecting nintendo a bit i wouldn't be surprised if they just tagged on some rubbish knife slashing using the remote and everything else was the same. It's a shame but most companies will do this sort of cheap use of remote with the Wii...and there's so much potential :crying. Imagine resi 4 style shooting using the remote to aim! now that would be good.
Posted Image SIMPLY THE BEST

#42 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:14 AM

Xbox 360 will be getting Resident Evil 5 too, I think this might be the hardest one.

#43 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:29 AM

We'll see about that >.< About Umbrella Chronicles; I want to chill when I play my RE videogames, not wave stuff in front me. :lol:
Also; I don't think Resident Evil 0 was that bad, pretty good actually. So it was strange if it wasn't a hit. The weakest games are the Survivor games imo. Because I never bought a lightgun........ :)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#44 muhkuh159

muhkuh159

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

Resident Evil 4 ist going to be released on PC thats very cool i'll be waiting for Project Zero 3 on PC^^

#45 barikieclipse

barikieclipse

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:13 AM

I like to wait till midnight. drink a half pint of rum , turn of all the lights , turn my back to the door and play . and i really liked RE0 and the RE1 remake also. only ones i havent got to play is gunsurviver and outbreak 2., i love being able to be in two places at once on zero. And your right 4 is awesome ! ive beat it 5 times and i still have the urge. but i stop my self. just holding out till 5 lol heyyyy has any one heard any news on RE degeneration yet? im dying to know.???

Attached Files

• Attached File  RE5.jpg   133.14K   12 downloads

#46 Yunku1990

Yunku1990

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

Xbox 360 will be getting Resident Evil 5 too, I think this might be the hardest one.

the previews seem to be showing it as such. Though, if i get charged by one of those chainsaw guys, i'm running the other way!! those guys were way to hard to beat in RE4, if they get harder, then AHHH!!!!!

(i'm already afraid of chainsaws. Thank you very much RE4)

a34636f3-7c5d-43a3-ae98-bb2ab4e9db11_zps
Set By ME, for ME, Don't Touch or i'll have to get my broom

#47 Ruhe

Ruhe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:37 AM

I've only played RE4. My friend and I would take turns playing after one of us died, which was often. :lol:

We got stuck at this one part, and never got around to beating it. Although I must say, at one point when that blond girl is following you around... We were walking along these platforms, and needed to climb down a ladder. I went first, and then turned back make sure she made it down ok. She called me a pervert for trying to look up her skirt. My friend found this hilarious. I left her to get mauled by crazy townsfolk shortly after. :good:

#48 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Big fan of the series.... at least the real horror entries in it (sorry, but RE4 is not a horror game.... it's too easy for me, and no scares).
REmake is my favorite one (working on my 3rd playthrough right now.... just got up to Lisa's Cabin).
Code Veronica is also very good... and the knife actually works well in this one (since it does multiple hits in a slash).
Zero was pretty good... though it's not my favorite.
2 was excellent and 3 was OK.... Played and beat survivor also but that one really sucks.
I've already stated my opinion on 4 I guess (it's a good game but a bad RE game... There's no threat of running out of ammo in it [I still use the knife a lot though so my 2nd run Pro files has about 500 handgun bullets, LOL])

It's too bad that RE games aren't really that scary (REmake is kinda scary but only the 1st time through for me).... I guess they lack the same kind of atmosphere as Silent Hill or Clock Tower (at least CT SFC & 2, Ghost Head[struggle within in US] wasn't at all scary... haven't played 3 yes).

But whatever... I wish RE5 would be real horror survival again but we all know it's going to be like RE4. Good for the RE4 fans but bad for all us fans of the old ones.... maybe they should remake 2 like they did REmake so we'd have a (sorta) new traditional RE game.

#49 Yo Jimbo

Yo Jimbo

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

Haven't played 1, Survivor or Code Veronica, beat half of 2, played through 3 more than a couple times (first one I had ^^), got 4 for the PS2 and beat that at least once and now I'm playing through Chronicles. And damn, Chronicles pretty much requires a friend to beat, especially at the last set of scenarios. That or I just suck really bad.

When it comes to scare factor, it's not bad. Well, when I played my first RE game (Nemesis), I was still a kid and I thought it was pretty freaky. Now, well scary movies don't scare me either so it's hard for games to scare me too so I pretty much play it for the action. Which is probably not the best idea since it wasn't meant to be i.e. tank controls. And yeah, having all that inventory and ammo management didn't add much to those "oh crap oh crap" moments for me, it just made me frustrated and/or pissed.
Posted Image
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

#50 Jehd

Jehd

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

I've played most of the games (RE 1, RE 2, RE 3, RE CVX, RE 0, RE 1(gc remake), RE 4, RE UC)
and I've got to say the one I liked most was the remake of 1. The photo-realistic backgrounds are
just awesome and get you in that tense atmosphere... Especially when you don't have any ink ribbons
and you are at the underground tunnels and you haven't saved for like 1 or 2 hours.......
Posted Image

#51 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

Not to do with the games but is related anyone heard about or seen the new resident evil film called resi evil degeneration. Probably old news but Here is a link to the trailer it is a great film i dwnloaded it the other day http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=vBCIN5ld8BQ

#52 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

I've played most of the games (RE 1, RE 2, RE 3, RE CVX, RE 0, RE 1(gc remake), RE 4, RE UC)
and I've got to say the one I liked most was the remake of 1. The photo-realistic backgrounds are
just awesome and get you in that tense atmosphere... Especially when you don't have any ink ribbons
and you are at the underground tunnels and you haven't saved for like 1 or 2 hours.......

I'm a wimp and always save <3

I'll be buying Resi 4 for Wii again after Christmas. I sold it, and niw regret it :D

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#53 HollowKevin

HollowKevin

Devoted Minami fan!

• Senpai
  • 2354 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:21 AM

^haha at least u can get the game for wii, I cant play my resident evil 4 no more cause my ps2 messed up on me..........I cant play any ps2 games now.....

Im feeling the urge to play some RE4 again XD
Thx to nono;)bbz for sig
Kevin's genki angel!
Posted Image

#54 Jehd

Jehd

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

Not to do with the games but is related anyone heard about or seen the new resident evil film called resi evil degeneration. Probably old news but Here is a link to the trailer it is a great film i dwnloaded it the other day http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=vBCIN5ld8BQ

Watched the movie last night and I got to say it was awesome! Definetely a buy on blu-ray for me!
Posted Image

#55 Kulizap

Kulizap

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

I'm a resident evil 4 fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehehehe The merchant rules! hehehehe ...stranger =)
I'm just a fan!

#56 Perazon

Perazon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

^lol, that reminds me of this one old video: Merchant

Anyway, I've seen people with a download of the Japanese version of Resident Evil 5's demo on their US consoles. Thanks to their impatience, they got banned from XBL, haha. Can't wait for the US demo to get here, though. I'd like to give it a go.

#57 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

^ Lmao! Thanks for the video, I haven't seen it for ages. It still makes me laugh ^_^

I wish Resi 5 was coming to Wii. Capcom are so stupid for not doing so. The controls would work so well, and I likecResj 4 graphics, they're good. I just don't see why they haven't released if on Wii.

Welcome to the forum Kulizap ^^;

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#58 HollowKevin

HollowKevin

Devoted Minami fan!

• Senpai
  • 2354 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:35 AM

^I think they might, they might release it a few months( or years) after the release on 360 and the PS3.

probably to see how well it sells on those 2 system, at least by my guess.
Thx to nono;)bbz for sig
Kevin's genki angel!
Posted Image

#59 Perazon

Perazon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:26 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Wii will get it's version sooner or later. Capcom and Nintendo have been favoring each other for quite some time now, I don't really see any reason for them not to release the game at all on the system. I guess a nicer way to think of it is, they're just focusing on the core game for now on the PS3's and 360's version.

Plus with online co-op capability, it's kind of a no brainer that they would support the other two systems first (which most would agree that the online features and accessibilities are better than the Wii and it's Friend-Codes). Once that's outta the way, they can fully focus on the Wii's version...thus resulting in a richer game in quality. I'd take that over a game that was rushed while having their attention spread among three different versions.

#60 MightyFlyRudy

MightyFlyRudy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:10 AM

@Perazon: I played the Japanese demo, and didn't get banned. Microsoft did, however make it so you could only play it offline if you weren't on a Japanese console a few days after I got it.

For anyone who has a 360, the RE:5 Demo has been released in the US, but it requires a gold membership to download. If anyone wants to play it with me, send a friend request :rolleyes: