Photo

Resident Evil!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#1 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 03:44 AM

Just wanted to tell you: GO BUY RESIDENT EVIL 4!!!
I have played every single version of the Resident Evil games, on every console they have been released on, but Resident Evil 4 for GameCube is by far THE greatest! I tell you, you WON'T believe your eyes! The gameplay is totally revamped, and now has a sort of "Resident Evil/Silent Hill" feeling to it. It really feels like a (ACE) mixture of the two series.
I bought the RE4 special edition of the GameCube yesterday (wednesday), and it is now thursday kl. 03:38 in the middle of the night, and I can't stop playing....uuuuh, gotta sleep... uUuUh... (doing the zombie-walk...past the bed and back to the tv..)
.....That's right....... XD :noo:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#2 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 03:50 AM

I bought the RE4 special edition of the GameCube yesterday (wednesday), and it is now thursday kl. 03:38 in the middle of the night, and I can't stop playing....uuuuh, gotta sleep... uUuUh...  (doing the zombie-walk...past the bed and back to the tv..)
.....That's right....... :noo:  XD

So that's why you double posted on the Request section... :) XD

Um, I don't have a GameCube and haven't played Resident Evil 4, but I hope you beat the game soon and get the "SPECIAL" weapon. :)
*throws Santa-san pancakes to wake him up*

#3 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

*wakes up with pancakes in his face* x_x
Did u know that it has been full moon these last nights? Wow, playing the latest Resident Evil in the light of the full moon... It doesn?Lt get any better than this... :omg:
Last night I was playing, I was riding around a murky lake in a tiny rubber boat, when something I never ever want to encounter IRL showed up! Somehow a rope in my boat got tangled up with "the thing", and it ended up with me being dragged around the lake by it . And having to kill it with stuf that looked like pitch-forks... I frequently fell into the water, and the swim back to the boat, with the monster chasing me, was truly nerve-wracking! Graphics......totally AMAZING!
Oh, and by the way, I had NO trouble not sleeping when I met THIS guy last night! :sob:
Posted Image
EL GIGANTE!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#4 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:19 PM

The water boss battle is definitely one of the scariest looking moments in the game, especially when you have to press the A button as fast as possible to swim back on the boat and not get eaten to death.

As for El Gigante, you'll face "it" again. Notice the quotes. XD
Just run between its legs and shoot it with the shotgun at close range (you did upgrade your shotgun, right?). At long range use your handgun, and follow the button commands when it grabs you, swings the tree trunk, or stomps on you.

Lastly, there are more creatures coming up that will make it very easy for you to have "NO trouble not sleeping." ^^;

#5 wakuwaku

wakuwaku

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:42 AM

I wished I could play resident evil...but i totally suck at this kind of games XD

hey Santa do you have one of this to play RE4?? ^^;

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ぐるぐる回る♪♪ ぐるぐる回る♪♪

#6 Zone Lover

Zone Lover

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:18 AM

Resident Evil 4.. I think it's the best among all the resident evil series too.. They's no zombie this time but there's crazy people using chain saw to cut your head down, or chop you into half... XD

Last night I was playing, I was riding around a murky lake in a tiny rubber boat, when something I never ever want to encounter IRL showed up! Somehow a rope in my boat got tangled up with "the thing", and it ended up with me being dragged around the lake by it . And having to kill it with stuf that looked like pitch-forks... I frequently fell into the water, and the swim back to the boat, with the monster chasing me, was truly nerve-wracking!

Hah, i encounter that monster too and i got eaten up when i fell into the water once.. Didn't press fast enough to swim back to the boat..

Not only that, i get crashed by boulder too.. ^^;

Um, I don't have a GameCube and haven't played Resident Evil 4, but I hope you beat the game soon and get the "SPECIAL" weapon

There's a few special weapon... Maltida and infinite launcher which is available after beating the game once, chicago typewriter which is available after beating assignment Ada and handcannon which is available after getting a five star rating on all four levels with all five characters in the mercenaries.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention bout the punisher... It's available after shooting ten
medallions... * u see blue medallions after u went in the village.. * and it's FREE!! u get it free from the merchant
Posted Image
…If there’s one thing that won’t change, it’s the fact that from the beginning to the end SNSD was “one” with 9 members” - SNSD

#7 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:42 AM

^^; so unlike me to not post something in a game thread...hahaaha

RE 4 seems nice from the trailers, but from the trailers it tells me that its controls should be difficult as well...

is it true?

anyways, i only have ps2...lol

#8 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:26 PM

*sees Zone Lover's spoiler post and covers it up, but nozomigoto fails miserably. So he sends another boulder rolling to crash on Zone Lover* :P

Oh well, now Santa-san knows he's getting some nice firepower after beating the game. ^^;

velven, from what I've read, RE4 controls very nicely. The button commands that pop up on screen test your reflexes and if you don't press the right buttons, then you die (and start over). Your character is also much more agile unlike the previous Resident Evil games where it takes 5 seconds for your character to turn around and run.

Talking about the game sure makes me want to buy a GameCube again.

#9 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:17 PM

To Waku: I HAVE been looking at the chainsaw controller man, but it is a bit expensive... About 500sek/$70(!) But I?Lll probably buy it sooner or later... (Probably sooner... :P )

To Velven: The controls are NOT difficult at all! In fact, they are a lot easier than previous games, I've talked to some who didn't like the "weird" controls of the other games, and they find these new ones alot easier. If you have PS2, buy "Resident Evil - Outbreak"! :P

To Nozomigoto: I have a "pumped up" assault rifle right now, and it works pretty "well"... (4 heads in one shot :P ) It'll be exciting to see what weapon I will get next. Hope a Mini-gun comes around... I had alot of fun with that in RE3 - Nemesis... ^^;

So far, I have gotten to an eerie castle where I got in quite alot of trouble there yesterday, cause I ran out of ammo! So I was down to the KNIFE in some situations. And with that (darn) presidents daughter following me around, it got quite troublesome... (Quote Shikamaru) Don't you guys think the priests who assault you in the castle looks like the emperor in Star Wars? :P
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#10 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:33 PM

:good: guess i'm wrong...or maybe you people are too skillful!?!

hehe, outbreak... my friend says its nice, but i'm not really into such games :huh:
maybe i'll try them out later...lol

#11 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

Wow, santa u only got it like last week? you know if you got the freeloader (free with magazines or order it for very cheap price) it allows you to play any importnat GC game? because my friend ordered it from canada for a much cheaper price than you'd get in UK, and he got it about ! mid Janurary i thinkz. me and my mates already clocked it, and now doin hard mode, but once u clock the game you dnt really feel like playing it again.

about the free punisher, dnt shoot 10! of the blue medallions shoot ALL 15 then when you go back to the guy, he gives you a more punisher with 1 lvl up on power :huh:

When i 1st played it, It was totally amazing how the movement was smooth and all the interactions with the enviroment. DId any of you guys get freaked out when you had to fight those invisibile monsters, and you had 2 use thermo-vision 2 see his weak points? with his really REALLY creepy hissing.

*another tip, with those people with parasite in them, that BUrst out of their heads, if u have a spare flash it kills them instantly 4 some reason :good:.
happy fragging (killing).
VANILJ DROMMAR :)

#12 Bakaneko

Bakaneko

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:26 AM

Man, I love that game! Me and my pal are running around in the castle now, love that game, but Ashley is a drag^_^ Best GC game released imho^_^

#13 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

Hey Aco I already know about the punisher... :P But listen to THIS: When I met the El Gigante - twins, so after I pushed one of them in the lave hole, I shot and shot and shot at the El Gigante that was left. And I ran out of ammo.... XP So, believe it or not, I had to finish him off with the KNIFE! Am I the toughest now? Am I? Am I? (Jumping up and down, doing the V-sign) :sob: x_x

Btw, I am at the second disc now, after finishing off the totally AWESOME monster boss. It took me quite some time to figure out that I had to aim for the EYE... x_x And when I ran out of ammo, I had to jump down to the floor to collect more by shooting the alien-like creatures, that was crawling around on the floor! Sweaty palms and sore thumb....yes.... :D It took me like, half an hour to finish him/it off.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#14 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:26 PM

Hey Aco I already know about the punisher... :P But listen to THIS: When I met the El Gigante - twins, so after I pushed one of them in the lave hole, I shot and shot and shot at the El Gigante that was left. And I ran out of ammo.... XP So, believe it or not, I had to finish him off with the KNIFE! Am I the toughest now? Am I? Am I? (Jumping up and down, doing the V-sign) :sob: x_x

lol, judging of how u killed the el gig... you dont knw about the action where you jump on top of the el-gig... and hack and slash the parasite? it saves TONNES of ammo lolol.

basically the method is you shit at it in its face a few times, and then throw a nade at its feet or incinitary nade at it, and then the parasite appears and the el-gig beands over, and then u run in front of it quickly, and a action button should happen 'CLimb' and then u mclimb it and slash the parasite. *note* if your not fast enough at this you'll get grabbed by the el-gig and then get seriously hurt.
do this 3 times and it should die.

*i knw i typo, but sounds much funnier than shoot especially against that giant :wub: * i know immature hehehe :D

but amazing how you done it with a knife, without using the method. and i accidently found it out i didnt read it up aswel :D you havent clocked it yet? the mercenaries missions are damn hard. gota reach a certain score under a certain amount of time, btw Hunk can do a Neck Breaker ! instant kill soo cool, same method as u do kick with leon!

note do not buy the ! red9 magnum u get it free later on!

#15 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:56 PM

I remember those mercenary missions from Resident evil 3 (PS1/GC). They were so totally cool! :sob: You were given a fixed amount of ammo, knives and stuff and had to run a "training course" through the game. Not so easy, since mr. Nemesis with the rocket launcher were chasing you....
I didn't know there were mercenary missions in this game too. Is it something I get when I have finished the game? Is there some "character unlocking" involved?
Can't believe how hard a mercenary mission must be in this game! ^^;
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#16 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

I remember those mercenary missions from Resident evil 3 (PS1/GC). They were so totally cool! <3 You were given a fixed amount of ammo, knives and stuff and had to run a "training course" through the game. Not so easy, since mr. Nemesis with the rocket launcher were chasing you....
I didn't know there were mercenary missions in this game too. Is it something I get when I have finished the game? Is there some "character unlocking" involved?
Can't believe how hard a mercenary mission must be in this game! ^^;

yea it is bloodly hard, you get it once u clocked the game.

basically its set in 4 maps, and you got to kill as many zombies as you can under the time limit, you pick up kill bonuses time extensions etc. sounds simple? NO bcuz on each blodly stage theres a hardcore bastard! 1 stage is the village and guess what theres a chainswa sister, and not jus 1 ! but they come together, and anywhere! and each stage has their own mass killin psycho out to get you. and also you have to run everywhere to get the time limit extensions. aim for 55,000+ points.

and you also unlock, Ada's secret mission ! its bloodly hard and long stil havent completed it.

and you know Krauser the commando, he uses a bow and arrow and they are bloodly poewrful, and he has a special ability, which owns any1 in the path :sob:

also if u clock the game you unlock all their alternative outfit, and guess whats leons is? well i'll let you guess or discover it youself <3

#17 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:39 PM

Fought Krauser yesterday, in that totally cool "old ruins" setting. Now, his transformation really gave me some Tyrant vibes... What do you think?
Also, I've discovered that even though the game is completely reworked from the the other RE games, there are little "winks" to them all the time... Like Ada showing up, for example. Or a room that looks just like a room/scene in RE2..or RE1...or RE3... I like that. ^^; And what?Ls up with them talking about Wesker?? I haven't seen him (I think). At first I thought Krauser was like, an "Evil Wesker".
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#18 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:02 PM

Finished It! Posted ImageYeay for me!!! That Saddler boss wasn't really hard at all. I just shot on the eyes on his legs, and when he/it kinda knelt, I ran close to it and got a commando to jump on his back! On his back there is a cinematic with Leon stabbing him in the eye in his mouth. Just repeated this a few times. Now that "here, use this" Ada gave me DID help out too...
Now I'm playing "The Mercenaries" mini-game. It is CRAZY hard!!! Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#19 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:32 PM

I just wanted ask if anyone have tried out the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 yet? I you have, why don't you post a little review here? (I'm trying to talk my brother into buying it...Because I can't afford it..) I´m curious to know how it differs from the GameCube version. :lol: Harder/easier? I'm playing it on my GC (again), now on Professional difficulty! :c33: This showed up after beating it on Normal and Hard, and because I have to start the game anew, I have nothing but that peas pistol to "shoot" the villagers with.... It is a lot of running this time.......... :P
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#20 xmorfis

xmorfis

Egao!Yes!NOOB

• Uploader
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

I finished playing RE4...now I into ADA story and assignment. Its really a great game...make me real addictive...I played it everynight.