• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#161 tensai87

tensai87

Custom member title... ah?

• Senpai
  • 934 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

Actually Yossy can play the guitar. She might not be SVR, but still. Not sure about Rika though. =)
Posted Image

#162 greah

greah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1186 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

They are rock band but they can't (...) even sing well.

Normal thing in jrock ^_^

Maybe their next concert will be somewhere in Europe (for example in addicted to anime/manga France or Germany). I hope so

#163 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

EDIT: And doesn't H!O have the exclusive deal w/ JapanFiles? So shouldn't we be getting up-close with them and not jph!p?

Ok, do you really need to turn this into some kind of rivalries between forums? Japanfiles also came over to our forum over at JPHiP to help us with LAX stuff and I presume did the same with this event.

^
I only wish the guys at jph!p weren't such unabashed perverts. I hope they didn't do anything to make Rika uncomfortable.
Even so, I still think someone from H!O should have got to be near them, because we have the partnership and jph!p doesn't.

We arn't a bunch perverts but we surely have over 18 stuff there but you need to prove your age to access those boards. JPHiP is full of laid back people who knows how to enjoy H!P music and not get butthurt about it (I'm not saying you guys here are but some people obviously did). We always welcome anyone to visit and participate in our sites since we are usually jam packed with events and even have radio shows hosted by our fellow members. I don't know how official Japanfiles partnership are with H!P but I'd think probably one of the Japanfiles/H!O people did get in on the interview as well.

Again why would Rika or anyone Japanese get uncomfortable about "gaijins" putting their arms over other people's shoulder. They already have the perception that we are the most outgoing people in the public and envies us for it. I would say Rika or Yossi was more than happy that she was able to met us gaijins that upclose.

I went and read the thread a couple of hours ago and one of the mods, Daigong, talked about meeting them and he seemed most respectful to them. He did say he put his arms around them when they took a group shot and I don't think I would have touched them knowing that Japanese aren't touchy/huggy type people. I would have settled for a handshake.

Evidently, access to them was super easy with no one running interference or limiting the amount of interaction.

While it was cool to see his dream of meeting Rikachan come true, it is kind of shocking to think that he gave her a JPH!P card and her first experience checking out an English-language fansite would be THAT one! :o

That place is full of pics of HER behind. ^_^

Daigong did a lot of work to get into the interview session, so I would've think he earned the right to give her a JPHiP card. Rika probably get these a lot from wota gifts in Japan. So she's probably used to it. It seems to me that some people are shocked that daigoing was being overtly aggressive but if you want to give Rika and Yossi a good memorable time it is better to be more extroverted than introverted and they'll probably share stories with other H!P members about this crazy dude they met in Seattle. :)

And there isn't that many pictures of her behind :D

#164 m(Vo_oV)m

m(Vo_oV)m

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 587 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

Just want to post my part.

I am back from the concert. Today I decided to stay behind and check out what else they had at the Con, which is why I am late.
Like many other fans, I was one of the early entrance guest, because I got a sponsored hotel.
We all ran towards the front of the stage. I was hugging the rail, it a great feeling.

At first looking at the stage, I was so happy, I had my hands on my face, like I was wishing for something, but it already came true.
When the opening group got on stage, I thought that they still feel a distance away, but I thought, well you can have them too close I guess. However, then they started, and the stage lights came on. !!! They're so close and clear I thought. I was like no way, I am going to get to see H&A like that. While the opening band played I was basically nodding along to the music. Their good, but....

Finally, it was Hangry & Angry time on stage. There was a long introduction about maybe 2mins, which was hard to hear because of the excitement; all I could think was '...there coiming.' On the main stage screen the "hANGRY & ANGRY" appeared and their live band got in place. Then after an impatient minute, they finally stepped on stage. KITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They first said I few words.
Yoshizawa was first, "I'm Hangry."
She pumped up the crowd by asking them if their ready.
Then Ishikawa introduced herself "I'm Angry" in an extra cutest voice and mentioned their myspace website.

Next, not only did they sing H&A songs, but actually sang MM rock remake version of "Love & Peace" and "The Peace". I was like USO!!!!!!!! I didn't think they would do that. I crowd went wild.

The whole concert I was jumping, pumping my arms and yelling WOO!. Beside singing along to the MM songs they sang, we all sang the lines "Kill Me. Kiss Me." And Yoshizawa and Ishikawa would divide their time equally between center, left, and right side of stage. I was dying near the end. Heart was racing, lungs in distress, and my arms would keep falling down from overuse. But every time Hangry or Angry came towards me, I found the energry to continue. I felt faint when it was over. But we all yelled out from an encore. They came back out and sang "Kill Me. Kiss Me." again. The best time I ever had.

I was very flush and pumped. I found a group of people who were doing a hi-five run though, usually I would have not joined so vigorously or at all, but I was to excited. I really had a lot a fun.

Oh yeah, I caught a guitar pic that the guitarist threw and a glow triangle from Ishikawa. But one luckily person caught Ishikawa fan used during a song. The lucky person couldn't believe it, she stood still just admiring it for awhile, she was really happy as anyone there would have been.

vDdUosc.jpg
Member of dFs: desert Fox subs
please visit: Fan Meeting in Japan 2013

#165 AlucardsQuest

AlucardsQuest

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

They are rock band but they can't write their own songs, dont play instrument and one of them can't even sing well. ^_^ I love Yossie and Charmy but this is quite funny, since I am a big fan of J-rock. But still, I hope they will become popular and improve more in everything. :)

This is going to be controversial to say, but idols aren't known to be the best singers in the world... and in fact that's deliberate. Having vocalists (girls in particular) who aren't perfect singers has been a tradition in Japan since the mid-1970s. Idols pretty much give up their normal lives to become status symbols for the youth of Japan, (in fact they are in control of very few aspects of their image or reputation) but their imperfect voices make them feel more down to earth to Japanese people.

It may seem bizarre for those of us in the US whom are bombarded with American Idol hopefuls, many who have received many years of vocal training.

Not to mention that this is really one of the few performances that Hangry & Angry have ever done of these songs. As a performer I know that even if you rehearse songs well, it may not come together on an actual stage in front of a large crowd. This group is still brand new. Ishikawa in particular has expressed concern about improving her vocal range for rock music.

#166 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

^_^ HANGRY&ANGRY @ 「Sakura-con」Episode 1 - Clip that includes the opening ceremony/greeting, behind-the-scenes, autograph session, etc!
link: http://vids.myspace....ideoid=55644644

#167 Mab

Mab

Everywhere you go, the sky is the sky, and people are people.

• Senpai
  • 1221 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

@turbos86, I couldn't see a whole lot of full on wotagei going on. There was a tall dude in the center in a mariners cap who was doing some sweet wotagei to the opening act but the staff shut him down when he started jumping. He kept up the hand motions from what I could tell though. There was also some dude who had an H made out of penlights who was grooving over in the right corner.

Mostly though, I'd say the crowd had little to no idea who the girls were. The kiddos I talked to around me hadn't even heard of momusu...their knowledge began and ended with Kiss/Kill me. They had fun though.

But yeah...no jumping blows.

I had a feeling it'd be that way. It IS an anime convention after all, most people really don't go there for anything but the anime, the music is just an extra to them. And no jumping haha, you HAVE to keep those nerds under control, no telling what can happen if a huge crowd of them gets out of control haha.

<3 HANGRY&ANGRY @ 「Sakura-con」Episode 1 - Clip that includes the opening ceremony/greeting, behind-the-scenes, autograph session, etc!
link: http://vids.myspace....ideoid=55644644

I knew something like this had to be in the works if they were trying to keep people from recording anything. Kind of dissapointed its only a 4 minute video, but cool nonetheless.

#168 liLcazza

liLcazza

~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~

• Kouhai
  • 568 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

YAYYY!!
AWESOME summaries and recounts of your day!!
Can't wait to see more video footage!! Especially of their performances!!
AND I want to see Yossy's complete reaction when the Happy Birthday thing happened~
Backstage footage would be heaps cool too~
So happy for those who go to meet H&A!
Hopefully they'll travel more and get MOREEEE dedicated fans!

Random side notes:
I think it's been mentioned that Yossy & Rika are learning guitar and Yossy has performed live with guitar-playing <3
Yossy DID write a song for the Wao~n show. Gackt praised her! GACKT!! ^_^
Ahh, they can sing pretty well! They hold good lives and can prance around onstage for hours :whistle:
Yes, I had the urge to defend them... :P

#169 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

TurtleFu and ItsumademoAibon. Bashing other forums is a no-no in this board. If you don't like JPH!P or just being insecured that they met Rika then please just leave it to yourselves. It's such a shame on you two. :D

Obviously you two don't know what you're saying and don't know what JPH!P really is.

Ah, so much gets misconstrued on message boards.............I wasn't trying to slight JPH!P, I was being more tongue-in-cheek than anything. I actually respect JPH!P for having the audacity for openly displaying their...............uh..............passion for Rikachan and other idols. As a contrast, H!O bends over backwards to be "family-oriented" and JPM is rather snarky (yep, I've said it!). Each has it's own style from the years of particular folks who hang out at each forum.

So, I was half-joking that if Rikachan had never visited an English-language fan forum before and the first one she happened to visit was JPM and saw the blatant displays of idol lust (much of it aimed at her)............well, it strikes me as funny, that's all.

I kinda figured Daigong was a higher up there, I don't really know the pecking order there..............he seems pretty cool from what I've read of him. I didn't expect him to act all pervy or anything, I was just responding to someone else's comment. So don't be TOO defensive, I meant no harm. I'm glad he got to score an interview, I'll be waiting to read it.

And dagnab it, I can't get those MySpace vids to play..............

They are rock band but they can't write their own songs, dont play instrument and one of them can't even sing well. ^^; I love Yossie and Charmy but this is quite funny, since I am a big fan of J-rock. But still, I hope they will become popular and improve more in everything. XD

What are you expecting? ZONE? :)

#170 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

We arn't a bunch perverts but we surely have over 18 stuff there but you need to prove your age to access those boards. JPHiP is full of laid back people who knows how to enjoy H!P music and not get butthurt about it (I'm not saying you guys here are but some people obviously did). We always welcome anyone to visit and participate in our sites since we are usually jam packed with events and even have radio shows hosted by our fellow members. I don't know how official Japanfiles partnership are with H!P but I'd think probably one of the Japanfiles/H!O people did get in on the interview as well.

Again why would Rika or anyone Japanese get uncomfortable about "gaijins" putting their arms over other people's shoulder. They already have the perception that we are the most outgoing people in the public and envies us for it. I would say Rika or Yossi was more than happy that she was able to met us gaijins that upclose.

Have you ever even met a Japanese person? Physical contact between people is a HUGE faux-paux in Japan, and I definitely would not want to be touched by a complete and total stranger, especially one that openly lusts after me. I have no idea why you think it's okay for you to just randomly go up and touch a person who lives in a culture where touching is totally uncomfortable.

So, you are not perverts but you have perverted material available? I mean, come one, the whole mission statement of jph!p is lustfully worshipping Rika.

I wish they hadn't needed to sign everything as hangry and angry. I mean, we all know they are Rika and Yossy, it just feels so disconnected and fake, even moreso from the regular idol stuff.

J-Rock is entirely about visuals. Don't pretend that most J-Rock singers can't even perform well, it's all about aesthetics. That's how it is in all Japanese music.

#171 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

Well, let's not start an argument over this. The concept of JPH!P in itself is tongue-in-cheek in that they blatantly say what most idol fans think without actually saying it. For that I applaud them.

As far as the "huggy" thing, I can only rely on stories I've heard/read and I don't think it's all that big of a deal. I had heard that Kaorin was slightly shocked when the guy from Westlife suddenly hugged her (although looking at the video, it doesn't look like she shows it), I heard that Yumi Yoshimura from Puffy Ami Yumi complained about Americans' need to hug people when they casually meet them and Today Show co-host Ann Curie (1/2 Japanese) said her Japanese country cousin was quite abashed when Ann met him for the first time and promptly hugged him.

If IshiYoshi allowed someone to put their arms around them without puking or running away, then it's alright with me......^_^

So let's stop this and not dampen the celebration of the first UFA act to play mainland USA...........with a live band even!! That's one of the things I find impressive about H&A that seems to get overlooked.

#172 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

I saw that at Shibuya they played with gagaaling. Which band did they play with this time?

#173 Tetsik

Tetsik

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 3181 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

Normal thing in jrock ^_^

Second that ^_^

Anyway, is there a confirmed tracklist of the concert?
Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R

#174 halkun

halkun

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

I wish they hadn't needed to sign everything as hangry and angry. I mean, we all know they are Rika and Yossy, it just feels so disconnected and fake, even moreso from the regular idol stuff.

This is actually a stroke of genius. One of the "problems" with bringing in idols from japan, is that Americans have a tough time understanding that the whole "idol" thing is just a character. Here's an example...

If you work at Disnyland as a "cast member" (The person who wears the Micky Mouse costume), are are not allowed to take your costume head off outside... Ever... If you are caught you will be fired on the spot. The reason is you are supposed to be representing the character you are assigned to.

Japanese idols are the same way, but the "mask" is the idol persona itself. I mean, look at when C-ute won best newcomer and they weren't even allowed out on stage because of child labor rules. During the "interview" in the dressing room, they didn't have their costumes on, showing they were "off of work". That was a very rare. (Though, there were bending the rules a little interviewing them). This is not to say you realize there is a person under there, but there is a "persona" that is established for the character.

Yossie and Rika were there as Hangry and Angry. That was their characters. The idea is it's supposed to feel disconnected and fake. It's a measure of protection.

Once upon a time I was lucky enough to hang out with a very popular web-idol before she became famous. (She went on to do videos even released a CD). When I first met her, she was fun, but one day I wanted to get to know a little more about her. So I started asking a bunch of "behind the scenes" stuff. Like what her family was like, and who was holding the camera for some of the more "bikinish" pictures. (She made herself look like she lived by herself, but it was obvious someone was taking her pictures).

She answered the camera question with "my photographer is whoever you want him to be."

That was my wake-up call that I was dealing with a character who was "selling" her idol image, and not a "real" person. In this context, you can see why Tsuji, for example, rarely, if never talk about her mom, family, (other than famous hubby and Noa, and even that's censored). They need to let you know in some way that they are not your friend, but an actress doing a job.

#175 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

^
Well, I'd say that's obviously, but my problem was that we already knew that they were Rika and Yossy. H+A go out of their way to say they AREN'T Yossy and Rika, but we know they are...
It's like...what do you take us for, idiots?

And I really see no difference in how Americans and Japanese people percieve idols. I mean, you wrote a lot, but you really didn't say much.

#176 pikapikapika

pikapikapika

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

Have you ever even met a Japanese person? Physical contact between people is a HUGE faux-paux in Japan, and I definitely would not want to be touched by a complete and total stranger, especially one that openly lusts after me. I have no idea why you think it's okay for you to just randomly go up and touch a person who lives in a culture where touching is totally uncomfortable.

I really think you are over reacting here, plus you didn't even read what Mugen and myself wrote, Daigong did not "randomly go up and touch" them at all, he just put his arms around them and the many others in the picture that they were all posing for after the press Q&A he was part of, and neither Yossi or Rika were uncomfortable so please stop acting like he attacked them or something when he obviously did not.

So, you are not perverts but you have perverted material available? I mean, come one, the whole mission statement of jph!p is lustfully worshipping Rika.

I guess you have no sense of fun or humor?
You bash our forum/community, yet you are posting negative comments about us here, we don't do that.
Posted Image

#177 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

TurtleFu: First of all. Who the hell are you to talk to Mugen like that? Secondly. You're missing the entire point.. And I'm not even gonna bother to explain. If you think with that brain of yours you will understand.

Finally. You need to apologize and stop trolling.

#178 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

@TurtleFu, you are entitled to your opinions, but that doesn't mean you can shove it into other people's face. If you don't have anything positive to contribute here, then I would like to ask you to not add fuel to the fire you have started.

And everyone else, please stop fighting.

#179 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

Have you ever even met a Japanese person? Physical contact between people is a HUGE faux-paux in Japan.

Hmm.... It it not common knowledge to alot of people that the Japanese are a rather non touchy feely people. Not everyone goes into a deep research of their society.

Also really this thread is going way too off topic and needs to stop. Seriously. It doesn't matter who got pics with who, it doesnt matter who did what. If no one has anything serious to contribute i say stop.

Edit: Turbo's got there before me.

#180 writerserenyty

writerserenyty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

I'm glad that there are pics and video(s?)!

It sounds like it was a good time! I'm REALLY bummed I didn't get to see it (being the Yossy fangirl that I am), but I hope this shows UFA and everyone that there IS a market in the US for JPop, and that there'll be more marketing to this market. So I can actually see Yossy someday.

...though I'm kind of sad that I missed rock version of The Peace. The Peace is my favorite song, so.... ^^;

~Devoted fan of Ishikawa Rika~ Charmy Supporter Forever
HappyDiscobanner-1.jpg
Ishikawa Rika is Love

Ooguro Yuzuki Ishida Ayumi

Sasaki Ayaka Oota Aika  Aso Natsuko Tamura Meimi Watanabe Miyuki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users