• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#141 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

Also, don't wota proudly refer to themselves as that? At least if they don't say it verbally they show their obsession by purchasing the goods and wearing them freely (that only really refers to those who wear them openly though).

[EDIT] Have you ever thought that they might just be proud of being an otaku? I doubt they care if people think of them as strange for their hobbies, if they did care they most likely wouldn't bother buying anime-related products.

#142 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

Anyway i think that the debate on Otaku's and such has gone on enough, this isn't a thread to discuss this.
So Move On!

Anywho slightly off topic. Anyone see Girugamesh and get any signed Girugamesh stuff or any Girugamesh stuff in general they will part with? XD Please!!!

Also get handshakes from Rika and Yossie, you will regret it if you don't. Trust me!

#143 Naomi™

Naomi™

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

^^
I get to go tomorrow to the concert!
and the closing ceremony.
I'm so excited to see them!!!!

I hope I can get there autograph..
I'll probably Frame it XD
Plus I made them cards ^^
I hope I can give them the cards ...
I finshed Rika's today ^^;

I'm so excited!!!!

Posted Image

#144 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:56 AM

I only wish the guys at jph!p weren't such unabashed perverts. I hope they didn't do anything to make Rika uncomfortable.
Even so, I still think someone from H!O should have got to be near them, because we have the partnership and jph!p doesn't.

I went and read the thread a couple of hours ago and one of the mods, Daigong, talked about meeting them and he seemed most respectful to them. He did say he put his arms around them when they took a group shot and I don't think I would have touched them knowing that Japanese aren't touchy/huggy type people. I would have settled for a handshake.

Evidently, access to them was super easy with no one running interference or limiting the amount of interaction.

While it was cool to see his dream of meeting Rikachan come true, it is kind of shocking to think that he gave her a JPH!P card and her first experience checking out an English-language fansite would be THAT one! XD

That place is full of pics of HER behind. ^^;

Don't forget everybody that tomorrow is Yossie's birthday...............make sure you tell her 'o-tanjoubi omedetou.'

#145 pikapikapika

pikapikapika

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:18 AM

^
I only wish the guys at jph!p weren't such unabashed perverts. I hope they didn't do anything to make Rika uncomfortable.
Even so, I still think someone from H!O should have got to be near them, because we have the partnership and jph!p doesn't.

I think that's an incredibly unfair thing to say, if you knew us, you'd know we're not just a bunch of crazy perverts, we just allow the freedom to be a perv if you want to be and in general we're a nice bunch of people.
And Rika was obviously not uncomfortable because she was happy and smiling and joining in and having fun.
I do not think it's a question of whoever should be close to H&A over anyone else, anyone should be. Daigong wasn't breaking through security, or stalking them, he went through a lot of trouble in order to interview them along with websites like acparadise.com and others and had the contacts necessary to do so.

(I'd also like to point out that Daigong is the admin of jph!p and not 'some guy' or 'some mod' in reply to some other posts)
Posted Image

#146 metayero

metayero

Greedy Mouse

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

TurtleFu and ItsumademoAibon. Bashing other forums is a no-no in this board. If you don't like JPH!P or just being insecured that they met Rika then please just leave it to yourselves. It's such a shame on you two. :lol:

Obviously you two don't know what you're saying and don't know what JPH!P really is.

Posted Image

#147 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:24 AM

^ :lol:? Erm...you might wanna reread ItsudemoAibon's comments again. I don't feel he was really bashing JPH!P. For the most part he was giving a pretty nice review of JPH!P. Mentioning how they were respectful of H&A, etc. Maybe it wasn't an all-out glowing review of them, but I certainly wouldn't call it "bashing" :(

#148 Bex Bissell

Bex Bissell

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:51 AM

Just got back from the concert and it was fantastic! Their performance clocked in out a little less than an hour but well worth it. I was kinda annoyed that the opening band had such a long opening set but all was good when Yossie and Rika hit the stage. I think they played their new song that just came out today to kick things off covered by other songs on their mini-album. We all got to sing to Yossie... I mean Hangry Happy Birthday too! Probably my favorite moment of the concert up to that point but it was topped when they did rock covers of 'The Peace' and 'Love and Peace' that sounded terrific. Looks like some wotas flew in from Japan just for this event since they had their own small cheering section near the front. Crowd turnout was huge and they loved it! Can't wait for the Q and A tomorrow.

#149 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

^ Aaargh! Can't wait to see some vidclips of all this real soon. Thanks for the info Bex. <3

#150 ddrchik

ddrchik

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:00 AM

Just got back from the concert and it was fantastic! Their performance clocked in out a little less than an hour but well worth it. I was kinda annoyed that the opening band had such a long opening set but all was good when Yossie and Rika hit the stage. I think they played their new song that just came out today to kick things off covered by other songs on their mini-album. We all got to sing to Yossie... I mean Hangry Happy Birthday too! Probably my favorite moment of the concert up to that point but it was topped when they did rock covers of 'The Peace' and 'Love and Peace' that sounded terrific. Looks like some wotas flew in from Japan just for this event since they had their own small cheering section near the front. Crowd turnout was huge and they loved it! Can't wait for the Q and A tomorrow.

That's so good to hear! had a feeling about the new song being performed there first and about you finding a way to work the happy birthday song in there <3 the Love and Peace/The Peace covers are a surprise for me though~can't wait until some footage gets posted here or on yt!!

#151 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:02 AM

^
^
Sounds super awesome, rock version of The Peace and Love&Peace, I can not begin to imagine! Also surprised they actually sang H!P songs instead of purely sticking to H&A songs only. I guess they don't have enough songs for a full concert.

Thanks for the report!

#152 tensai87

tensai87

Custom member title... ah?

• Senpai
  • 934 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

Ohhh, rock covers sounds great. I'm looking forward to hear those =)
Posted Image

#153 Bex Bissell

Bex Bissell

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#154 Puri Chan

Puri Chan

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

ohhhh *-*

The B-day message.. so kawaii ^-^ <3

the pictures are really awesome .. thnx Bex

*_*

Everyone sorry for my poor english XD~ .. One day I will be an expert =D~

Posted Image

#155 jariten

jariten

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

I enjoyed it...especially The Peace!...I hadn't seen the girls in a couple years and they looked great.

One thing that was annoying was that there was a "No Jumping" rule...Lame. I ignored it for a while but some staff tool told me I'd be removed if I was "reminded" again. Oh well.

#156 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

@jariten, no jumping?! Did people manage to do wotagei then? A concert that doesn't allow jumping, that's not cool.

#157 Kreuz

Kreuz

YOMIKI 4ever!!! <3 <3 <3

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

^ woooo pics!!!
thank you
Posted Image
¡Está de regreso! My Dearest...

#158 jariten

jariten

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

@turbos86, I couldn't see a whole lot of full on wotagei going on. There was a tall dude in the center in a mariners cap who was doing some sweet wotagei to the opening act but the staff shut him down when he started jumping. He kept up the hand motions from what I could tell though. There was also some dude who had an H made out of penlights who was grooving over in the right corner.

Mostly though, I'd say the crowd had little to no idea who the girls were. The kiddos I talked to around me hadn't even heard of momusu...their knowledge began and ended with Kiss/Kill me. They had fun though.

But yeah...no jumping blows.

#159 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:23 AM

^ Wow, that must of sucked. I'm fearing for what will happen at Anime Expo for Morning Musume now. Like seriously, what the heck is the audience suppose to do if MM sings Guru Guru Jump!

Looks like H&A successfully created some new fans for themselves.

Thanks for the info!

#160 becharm

becharm

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

They are rock band but they can't write their own songs, dont play instrument and one of them can't even sing well. ^_^ I love Yossie and Charmy but this is quite funny, since I am a big fan of J-rock. But still, I hope they will become popular and improve more in everything. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users