• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#261 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

@ds12, loved reading your account! :) Especially enjoyed the part where you saw Yossie at Tully's and went all gaga XD

#262 Rickee

Rickee

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

I have short video of this but Im still kinda iffy if I should post this or not.

I'd love to see it. Genuinely candid moments of any of the UFW performers are rare.

#263 nonolol

nonolol

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

I have short video of this but Im still kinda iffy if I should post this or not.

I would also love to see this video, however its ultimately up to you if you want to show it to anybody =)

#264 halkun

halkun

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

If you have any pictures of her, you can try and sell them to Friday ^^; I think they pay a lot of money for candid pictures.
(j/k)

#265 gogirlanime

gogirlanime

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

gogirlanime's stories at Sakura-con

Friday: Signing

ameme and me were waiting in line for the signing and I looked at the red curtains behind the signing tables and saw them move. I saw blonde hair and I KNEW it was Yossie she peeked out at the crowd and looked right at me cuz I moved my head and pointed at her. She smiled and laughed (she was so teasing the fans) I pointed and said "omg ameme look look I think that's Yossie" then Yossie pointed a camera to get a quick recording. When she went away I yelled out "YOSSIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY" then they came out. There is a recording of it in the Sakura-con episode 1. I gave Yossie a dozen white roses (cuz roses are her favorite and she likes white, and cuz it's her birthday). THAT GOT RECORDED OMG OMG so I did get my "picture" with her :wacko: :good: :P it wasn't all recorded but I said in Japanese "happy birthday, thank you for coming to seattle I am very happy you came" she smelt the roses then she said in English "ah thank you, white roses, I like" and I said "I know" :butbut: (dunno why I said that) haha, and I said something else but can't remember (I was in too much awe of her beauty :hehe:) she signed my CD then I said thank you I went up to Rika and thanked her for coming and she signed. I felt bad for Rika. At that point when I got up Yossie had about five presents and Rika had one :crying: Yossie I think is more popular amongst American fans, and it was her birthday.

Friday: Guest reception

ameme, Kimuuu and me were waiting outside the guest reception room and then Yossie and Rika walked past the crowd to get to the room. I turned around slowly and Yossie locked eyes with me for a bit longer than a look it was total bliss for me it didn't hit me till a few seconds later it was like she was thinking "oh that's the girl who gave me white roses" she was like a predator about to get her prey walking very smooth while looking at me kyaaaaaa!! They were wearing the same outfit all day the striped ones, Yossie with pants, Rika with a dress. Only at the reception Yossie wore a black hat and I think Rika wore a hat too... can't remember... The reception was like a party, food and you just stand and talk to the guests and others. They introduced guests and when they mentioned h&A they got the loudest cheer out of all the guests. They spoke about how they are happy to be in Seattle, they want us to look forward to the concert, etc etc. Rika said something funny and then Yossie said in English "she is very angry" haha. I wanted to play it cool and not be too obviously obsessed so I ate some food and approached them after about ten minutes into the party. ameme and me went up together to talk to them. I spoke in Japanese to them, said thank you, I'm looking forward to the concert. The manager next to them was really rude talking soooooo much (I think to protect against H!P related questions and assuming all American h&A fans don't speak Japanese) but I managed to ask them in Japanese what they like about Seattle and what they'd like to do. They said they wanna try Starbucks coffee. I then suggested they go to Pikes Place market and the manager explained what that was and Rika was like "oh yeah that place with the fish I wanna see it". The manager (again) asked if ameme and I are friends, I told them in Japanese that we met on the internet about 4 years ago and became friends because we both like H!P and Yossie's eyebrows went up. We then said out goodbyes.

Saturday: Concert

It started with this long sequence of this really dark low male voice telling the story of h&A slowly how they come from a planet and they wanna save the world from global warming, what hANGRY is like and what ANGRY is like. Then they came on stage. The track list was...

???? - New song? but I don't remember the name or they never said it.
Angelia
(Yossie's birthday surprise) the crowd sang Happy Birthday
Giza Giza
Kill Me Kiss Me
Sadistic Dance (New song)
Romantic ni Violence
Lady Madonna (New song I THINK, maybe a cover)
The Peace (h&A rock version)
LOVE&PEACE (h&A rock version)
(Encore) Kill me Kiss Me

---There was an interlude where they threw out blue and pink glow stick necklaces.
---During Lady Madonna they had a dance with feather fans and threw them into the crowd.
---During Kill me Kiss me Rika bent down and touched Yossie's leg and Yossie brought Rika in closer with her arm to sing it was total fan service.
---In between songs and at the end poses of songs they stood close and had silly smiles on their faces like they were really happy.
---The two girls next to me were also crazed Yossie fans from Florida and we all cheered like crazy. At one point Yossie came really close to our side saw us and looked for a long and I think ether pointed or winked at us and the three of us pulled back melting in awe.
---Rika swung her dress around a lot and Yossie put one leg up on the speakers and head banged a lot. She also stood on it and spun while jumping off it.
---During Kill me Kiss me it went h&A "Kill me" and the crowd did the echo "Kill me" and did the same for the Kiss me parts.
---During a break they put american flags behind their backs and yelled out "we love America" and swung them around.
--During The Peace just like in the PV after the last wo-oah wo-oah part they acted like they were falling back into the stage :lol: Also during the chorus part "Peace Peace" the crowd did the V peace sign in the air. Most of the crowd knew the song and sang along.
---After LOVE&PEACE the crowd shouted encore over and over so they came back and sang Kill me Kiss me one more time.

Sunday: Question and Answers Pannel

For the first like..... 3 seconds of them coming up on the stage we were allowed to take pictures, I didn't have my camera, I'm sure someone will post soon though. Many many people asked many questions, I can't remember them all or their complete answers (and the answers and questions might be a bit off), but here are some.

Q: Are you still a part of Gatas?
A: (all I remember is) Yossie said that she still plays and practices once a week

Q: What was your favorite cosplay at Sakura-con?
A: Rika said she liked this sexy version of a One Piece character a girl was wearing exposing her stomach. Yossie said she liked someone dressed as a piece of sushi when she went to the dealers room (she/they were walking around at the convention!!!)

Q: What do you like to hear from fans and what are your favorite gifts from them?
A: Rika said that getting to be one on one with them, hearing them say thank you and getting to see their big smiles is the best gift and Yossie kinda silly said "me too" in English haha.

Q: Are you going to release a Photobook?
A: The translator/manager said "would you like that?" and everyone cheered. Yossie and Rika said that they would like to then and smiled a lot at the cheering for one :w00t:

Q: When is your next release (I think) and what are you going to do when you get back in Japan?
A: Yossie said that they are working on A NEW ALBUM!!

Q: What are the differences at concerts and with fans, Japan compared to America?
A: Yossie said American fans tend to cheer in their own way, very individual and unique but in Japan they do it together same movements and cheers.

Q: Why did you leave Morning Musume? (I don't think she knew much about h&A or H!P)
A: We didn't leave, we graduated.

Q: Guy: How do you feel about being the most beautiful girl in the world? (not directing the question at ether Rika or Yossie... haha)
A: The crowd laughs. Yossie: happy Rika: happy

Q: What artists inspire you?
A: Yossie: Michael Jackson and Britney Spears (lol) Rika: (can't remember but I think she said "me too")

Q: What is your favorite Japanese rock band
A: Yossie: Girugamesh (the other band at Sakura-con) Rika: Girugamesh. The crowd laughed

Q: Do you plan on coming back to America and do more concerts?
A: We would really like to. Rika: of course!

Q: For hANGRY: During Morning Musume and Hello! Morning was your tomboy image real or something you were told to do?
A: At first I wasn't like that but then slowly I became like that, my real personality came out slowly and that is who I really am. (then something like...) but I always wanted to be an idol, or but I always wanted to be like an idol.

Q: What was your favorite part about the concert here?
A: Seeing everyone cheering so strong and happy. Yossie: my surprise birthday song.

Q: What do you like about Seattle and what have you done?
A: Rika: the pretty blue ocean, the docks Yossie: the waterfront, (I think...) and eating the fish.

Q: You mentioned that you wanted to visit the Space Needle have you gone yet?
A: No we haven't had the chance to yet :sad:

Q: Do you like boba/bubble tea?
A: Rika: yes it's very tasty Yossie: I like (in Japanese accent) "cohee" then English accent "coffee" haha.

My question:
Q: When you sang The Peace were you surprised that so many people knew the song?
A: Yes, we were very surprised! You seem to know who we really are, we can't fool you.

There were a few more questions but I don't remember them... Kimuuu asked one, and so did Ameme's friend but I don't remember them haha, they'll tell us later :)

After the questions they did signings again. Ameme gave Yossie a box full of presents from California and New York. She said someone asked Yossie what her favorite anime is and she said "Doraemon" so she bought some Doraemon stationary and her and I wrote Yossie two letters. During this autograph session I got Yossie to sign her photo and Rika to sign her photo. I gave Yossie the letter and it said "Yochan" on the front of it and she said "ah! Yochan!" and smiled big. I said thank you again and shook her hand, went up to Rika and thanked her again for coming and shook her hand.

Notes

---Yossie and Rika are far more gorgeous in person, nether are photogenic at all!!
---They are much smaller than you think. Small boned and short. When we look at Yossie we think she's tall because she is compared to the rest of MM, but they are both so short and small!!
---Pictures weren't allowed at all, except for a few seconds at the beginning of the Q&A
---h&A mascots were walking around giving out hugs and taking pictures with people
---There was a lot of merchandise available
---Yossie dyed her hair blonde again and put in pink streaks
---Ripusu at Hello! Online has something special to post. Since it's not my story I won't take it, but expect something special soon :)
---There were a lot of Yossie fans, men and women, most of the women like liking Yossie haha.
---Most of the fans didn't know they used to be in H!P.

If you have any questions ask me. Or if some of my info was off anyone, please tell me :) I will post merchandise pictures soon...

#266 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

If you have any pictures of her, you can try and sell them to Friday :wacko: I think they pay a lot of money for candid pictures.
(j/k)

Depends on the pics :good: Yossie just getting some coffee? Doubt they'd (Friday) show any interest whatsoever. Ain't exactly a scandal gettng coffee :P.

#267 kittiwindx

kittiwindx

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:11 AM

^^ There was a comment about them being short....
They're taller than me!! ;_____;
They're very thin, but Ishikawa is like, 5'2", and Yoshizawa is about 5'4". So, I guess by American standards they're short, but they're not "tiny" DDD:

・・・君は天使なの?・・・

#268 Naomi™

Naomi™

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

Thanks everyone...

I hope that sometime I'll buy the mrch and everything soon.
:|
I know they should've let me in, I went ALL of the days and they wouldn't let me in.
I only posted Sunday because... the rest are just too long to explain...
But my mom told me that we'd contact the Sakura Con and tell them about the registration delema...

But I love reading all the stories, they make me feel like I was there :P
But I'm still dissappointed that I didn't go :lol:

Posted Image

#269 boku90

boku90

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:01 AM

ah u guys are so lucky!
thanks for all the fan accounts! they gotta come to the east coast lol
i like their new song too ^^
!picture size must be 600 x 150!

#270 Ripusu-Sama

Ripusu-Sama

Charles! Bad boy!

• Senpai
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:23 AM

Honestly... DS12 pretty much stated all that needed to be stated about our trip.

The only things i can add to it is.

at the reception rika shook my hand for a good second and BOWED!!!!! and i was all like "right right i must bow" and gave a slight nod LOL. When they found out we were from miami (as DS12 explains her review) she looked at both us in the eyes and said "really? really?" and now i can't here that word with our remembering that moments

The concert was FREAKING amAZING.... everytime rika came to my side i totally died... and her dancing was so cute!!!!!!!!!! AHH i TOTALLY FANGIRLED WITH RIKA!!!!!!

I screamed "RIKA AISHITERU" like five times untill she awknowledged me!!! DAMMIT took her sweet time lol j/k j/k... maybe... anywho...

and then at the Q-A i asked a question that got the audience cheering!!!!

and then at the signing... when rika was signing... I was like " Rika-chan rika-chan, aishiteru!" and she totally smiled and said "thank you" and then signed my stuff and pointed at the heart that she did at the end and said "for you" in her engrish and that's when i officially just DIED inside!! i got off jumping and hugging random people around me and ect... it was AMAZING!!!

besides these official things...

Me and ds12 saw yossy in tully's and if you wanna read about that... go read ds12's post XD!!!

I met ALOT of awesome people at the con and even though i went for Yossy and Rika which made the trip worth it... it was the peeps i met and exchaged emails with and created starting friendships that really made this trip memorable.

Just to name a few:

Gogirlanime (h-O)
Kimuuu (hitomi heaven)
Kei (hitomi heaven)
Rev2hd (JPHIP)
Daigong (JPHIP)
My four japanese friends who we hung out with (Aya, Mika, Mae and tao-kun!)
The guy who took us to eat the water front grill hotel and we all got lost!!! :)!!
Wolfey Wofl! (jpihp/H-O)

and many many many more who i can't recall their names but i definately remember their face!

Im hoping that something similiar to the awesomness that this weekend was happens in July with mm at AX... HELL YEAH!!!

1444 FOH EVAH!!!!
Top 5 H!P Members in my list: 1: Ogawa Makoto 2: Nakazawa Yuko 3: Ishikawa Rika 4: Niigaki Risa 5: Michishige Sayumi
I'M NOW AN OFFICIAL SAYU BLOG ADDICT
Generations come and go but GOKKIES are for ever
Risa Niigaki: The only one that truly embodies Morning Musume
Best Uta Doki! clicky
Favorite Sempais from H!O: Himalia, Celedam, FumikoH, Demanding More Makoto

#271 Rickee

Rickee

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:39 AM

^
^
^
^
Actually, at 163 cm, Yossie is 1 cm taller than the average American woman. Yossie seems short only because we have this image of her as a tall woman; and that, of course, is because we almost never see her except next to other Japanese, and because she's very skinny.

#272 kittiwindx

kittiwindx

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:42 AM

Thanks everyone...

I hope that sometime I'll buy the mrch and everything soon.
:|
I know they should've let me in, I went ALL of the days and they wouldn't let me in.
I only posted Sunday because... the rest are just too long to explain...
But my mom told me that we'd contact the Sakura Con and tell them about the registration delema...

But I love reading all the stories, they make me feel like I was there :)
But I'm still dissappointed that I didn't go XD

Omfg totally, give them hell D:
They should've let you register >_>;

・・・君は天使なの?・・・

#273 halkun

halkun

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:16 AM

I'm confused... Wasn't Yossie and Charmy in the cat suits? I saw videos where Diaz was with them all the time. She seems less a translator and more of a handler. If that is so, when why would she need to hawk the H&A mascots so closely?

Maybe that was how they were able to visit the dealer's room.

This also means of you were squeezed by a mascot, you were probably more lucky than you even know!

#274 roon

roon

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

^ Diaz wasn't a translator, not exclusively at least -- she introduced herself at the Q&A panel as the USA representative for H!P and UFA. She was at the concert with the people in the mascot costumes, too, so I think she stuck around to make sure nobody would mess around with them and such. You can never be too careful these days.

@ds12: Yeah, there was an approved list for the concert coverage (photography/video-wise). Unfortunately, staff didn't bother checking and those who snuck in kinda ruined it for those of us who did get on the list, but ah well. I'll be submitting my report for approval within the next day or so; if I get the okay I'll post the pictures and article to the main page.

#275 Luinestel23

Luinestel23

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

EPIC. That is all I can really say.

Here is my review on Hangry Angry at Sakura Con.
FRIDAY:
Autographs

I waited in line after running around like a crazy woman to find "official merchandise" to get signed, and realized that I already had some. AT this point the line was longer than I had seen it, but I was willing to brave it out for Yossi and Rika. When I was in line, Yossi glanced up and saw me, her eyes got wide and she gave me a "WTF?" look. I am assuming it was because my wig was massive, blonde and curly at the time. When I arrived up there, I began gushing in Japanese about how I had always been a fan, thanks for coming to Seattle, ect. Their translator asked me if I was going to their concert and I said in Japanese. "Oh of course, I am going" Yossi smiled and said "Thank you!!" I melted.

When I got to Rika, she smiled brightly at me then gasped softly and said "KAWAII!" About my wig. (cute!) I felt so happy to get a special little compliment from each of them. After getting my posters signed, I headed off outside to immediately freak out internally. <3

SATURDAY:
Concert:
I waited in line with people who had red wrist bands to get early entrance to the concert, this is where I met the most AWESOME Hangry Angry fans ever. We all just ended up chatting about what we liked about Yossi and Rika, and shared some of our convention experiences we had had with them. At the concert My friend (Who caught Rika's blue fan) and I got front seats, (right in front of the huge-ass Japanese guy) I screamed my lungs out so much.. When Rika was tossing her blue glow necklaces, I reached out and screamed in Japanese "Please, over here!! Please!" She paused briefly and smiled at me, and then threw one right at me! AHH.. I thought I would die. Yossi made so much eye contact with me, it was just absolutely amazing. When they did their rock versions of the two hello project songs, I could hardly believe it. I waved my arms and did as much of the Peace dance as I could muster in a crowd of screaming fans and waving arms.. but it was so much fun. Seeing Yossi’s face as we all sang her happy birthday made the concert even better.

SUNDAY
Q and A
I met some neat people in line, including two girls with bright hair whom I helped out with writing birthday messages to Yossi. The whole waiting for two hours in line though, only to get screwed over and stuck more in the back of the room sucked a little, but I managed to get two decent pics of Rika and Yossi. I also asked them a question in Japanese about how they felt about America, as well as how concerts in Japan and America differed in their opinion. I left after the Q and A, thinking I wouldn’t get an autograph, and thought.. what the hell half an hour later and came back. I managed to get another pair of signatures from them, and spewed off more compliments in Japanese. Although I made an ass of myself in front of Rika.. I told her my friend had caught her blue fan in the concert, but I mixed up the hand held fan and mechanical fan. So it sounded like I said "My friend caught the oscillating fan you chucked into the crowd yesterday!" She paused and cocked her head to the side, saying "oscillating fan?" I blushed and she looked at me and said "OHH a hand fan!" I nodded and said sorry for making a mistake. She smiled sweetly and said “oh don’t worry, it’s ok!" Then I had to move on, but I still felt like a million bucks.

Closing Ceremonies:
I managed to get a video of the two girls talking to the audience.. Whooo.. Still reeling from it, but it was well worth all the effort, time waiting and pain in my feet after their concert.

#276 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

@ItsudemoAibon: That response of mine you quoted wasn't directed towards you. So... I don't really know what you're talking about. ^^; I don't ever recall even reading the post of yours you quoted!! <3

OK, if you say so.........but your post was right after mine and had a ^ at the beginning. Excuse me if that confused me.

So far I've seen very few pics of all of this.........WHERE ARE THEY?!?! :(

#277 liLcazza

liLcazza

~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~

• Kouhai
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

.... You all suck xD I'm joking but... you all suck xDD

Ngaaws~ Everyone is so lucky that they get to go and the reports are making me all jealous but it's so good to hear that Yossy and Rika had such a good time and didn't mind that fans were coming at them from all different directions!

Saw some pics here and there and loving it <33
Hopefully they DO have worldwide tour and I'll get to experience all this too! =)

#278 mahoro888

mahoro888

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

It great to hear that everyone had a really good time at the con. I also wanted to thank everyone for posting their experiences/stories/pics from Sakura-con, so those of us that weren't able to make it can live vicariously. Keep them coming! ^___^

#279 Puri Chan

Puri Chan

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

---Pictures weren't allowed at all, except for a few seconds at the beginning of the Q&A

Aw T_T
This is sad !!

---They are much smaller than you think. Small boned and short. When we look at Yossie we think she's tall because she is compared to the rest of MM, but they are both so short and small!!

:) Yossie is 10cm more taller then me
In my country i'm an a very small girl .. but i think my height is ok for a nihon girl :D

Everyone sorry for my poor english XD~ .. One day I will be an expert =D~

Posted Image

#280 Naomi™

Naomi™

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

@kittiwindx:

Thanks.. and I will, I know they should :whistle:
I went ALL 3 days and they wouldn't let me in...
I hate Sakura Con.
That basically ruined my spring break when I went there.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users