• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#241 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

I'm very happy that everyone was impressed with Yossie/Rika and that they were impressed with their first exposure to American H!P fandom.

^ Umm... they were in the US... I think almost everyone there except for H&A were also from the US or Canada.... Think about it.

Perhaps I worded that funny.............I meant 'they' as in Yossie/Rika..............judging by what I've read, THEY were impressed with the fans.......how much they were loved, how much everyone knew about them......

From what I've read, Morning Musume is still unsure whether anyone in America knows who they are. Considering that people from at least four different forums (probably more) and other fans who don't belong to any forums attended this, I suspect Momusu is in for a big surprise (unless, of course, Yossie and Rika clue them in).

#242 Rickee

Rickee

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:54 AM

The concert was awesome, as was everything else. My friends and I actually sat right near Yossie + Rika + their entourage at dinner after the concert. They were celebrating Yossie's birthday, kicking back beers and then later eating cake and Yossie opened presents. Hehe.

What restaurant was it? I'd like to go there. They mentioned the Waterfront Grill the next day at the Q&A. Was that where you were?

#243 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:00 AM

@ItsudemoAibon: That response of mine you quoted wasn't directed towards you. So... I don't really know what you're talking about. <3 I don't ever recall even reading the post of yours you quoted!! :wub:

#244 tensai87

tensai87

Custom member title... ah?

• Senpai
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:04 AM

@jaargilon: totally bad ass!
"I'm dannncing...!" :wub:
And yes, you have very similar voices, I wasn't sure if the "I love you" was a different person or the same <3 I want more picsss!
Posted Image

#245 dragonflychaser12

dragonflychaser12

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:08 AM

Someone from H!O took pictures of me and my friend in our Osaka Koi no Uta costumes (as Yossie and Rika)... If that person sees this, can they PM me the pic? Thanks <3

The concert was awesome, as was everything else. My friends and I actually sat right near Yossie + Rika + their entourage at dinner after the concert. They were celebrating Yossie's birthday, kicking back beers and then later eating cake and Yossie opened presents. Hehe.

And the question at the panel was "Who are some artists that inspire you as a musician?" not so much "Who are your favorite artists?", to which Yossie answered "Michael Jackson, Britney Spears" and Rika said "Morning Musume." XD

uh.. hehe.. that was me.. (^~^")>

For confirmation: Your favorite member is "Yossie", your friend's (Kayla was it?) favorite is "Rika". My favorite is Yoshizawa and Niigaki. I complimented you on how your hair looks like Yossie's on the PV and I saw you guys again headed to the place near the escalators going down and asked what your usernames were.

Maan!!! You're so lucky that you got to sit near Rika-sama and Yossie-sama!! Where did you guys eat? How'd you get the chance to eat with them? (special priviledges, contest?????)

(After reading back) wait....... DID YOSSIE DRINK BEER?!?! (just wanted to know out of curiosity :wub: )

I'll get the pics up (but where... maybe my myspace account) and feel free to pay no mind to the person between you and your friend <3

"The Story of the Tongue-tied Risako"
Posted Image
Bow

#246 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:13 AM

@MichiMoni
OMG!! You went to the same place where Yossie and Rika were eating. You should went up to the table and say another Happy Birthday and asked if it would be ok to take a picture of Yossie and Rika. :lol:

#247 Bex Bissell

Bex Bissell

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

Crowd sings Happy Birthday to Yossie during Saturday nights concert. Enjoy!

#248 rev2hd

rev2hd

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:51 AM

I saw a couple people talking about how the guy on stage at the concert said no jumping. I was also a little baffled about how he said you must "always keep one foot on the ground."

I was up all the way in front center so I asked the staff members about it. "What about jumping?" They said jumping is by all means allowed, but they don't want people in front climbing onto the metal barrier up front because some people at the girugamesh concert were doing that. So it's more of a safety thing. :lol: I'm guessing it's the same for standing on chairs, etc.

Glad to hear that the members of this forum had fun too. =) I think the only person I met from here was desert_anime, and since you linked that youtube video, I remember seeing you there too, AikaAction.

#249 Naomi™

Naomi™

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:48 AM

I'm really upset... I'm still crying, heres the story :'(

I leave at 2 thinking I'll be registered and goto the concert and I made a card for Yossie and one for Rika

I get there at 2:30.

My mom and I go up to get me all set and the lady who was there was like

"Registrations closed at 2"

My eyes filled up in seconds.

I was like

"What?!"

I was sobbing the whole time. I was about to faint. or charge through to see them while they were doing Q&A.

I was so upset. I made my costume just for them, a card, and saved up money now it's just a waste.

I HATE SAKURA CON.

I even looked at the schedual and it's messed up.

I sent comments to H&A telling them about this...
I want them to come back and I can see them

I'm stillc rying since they posted videos OF the Sakura Con. and they were selling photos, T-shirts, CDs, and other merch.

I'm so upset still. I'm even crying right now.

Posted Image

#250 cherrydiamonds

cherrydiamonds

6th gen member

• Validating
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:19 AM

I am so sorry to hear what happened, Naomi™!
That's really terrible... :lol:

#251 AikaAction

AikaAction

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

@Naomi: I understand Naomi. That really sucks, yeah. But that doesn't mean they won't come back! And yes schedules seemed to change constantly so it was a little weird and not greatly organized, but cons seem to never be greatly organized anyway. there's too many people, too much things and it's hard to take care of everyone...especially the average anime fan. On the flip side, did u get to see their concert and the first autograph day? I missed their first >.<.
LIfE IS FUN -).
My MM Scout team: Koharu (Moon), Aika (Mercury), Riho (Mars), Risa (Jupiter), Sayumi (Venus), Mizuki (Pluto), Hitomi (Uranus), Miki (Neptune), Rika (Saturn), Eri (Tuxedo Kamen), Mari (Healer), Ayumi (Fighter), Kaori (Maker)

#252 halkun

halkun

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:39 AM

So was that them in the cat costumes... That's a great way to "sneak in"

#253 roon

roon

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

@Kei:
Unfortunately, they misinterpreted my question about the Gatas futsal team. I asked if they were recruiting for it, but the translators interpreted that as "Who would you like to recruit?" Ah well ^^;

I'm having issues remembering the set list for the concert, so if anyone could help me out with that via PM that would be great. (Lost the notepad I wrote my notes down on.)
Never mind, got it!

#254 matadesuyo8

matadesuyo8

仙人

• Senpai
  • 1946 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

@Bex, thanks for the Yossie (erm, I mean Hangry :lol:) birthday clip ^^; Keep them vidclips coming, folks!

@Naomi, wow..sorry to hear this ^^; Wished sakura-con could have cut you some slack.

#255 differentstory12

differentstory12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

@roon: I asked one camera girl if she can take pictures for me with my camera but she said it had to be approved. But yeah there were alot of people taking pictures, I thought they were really lucky, so I think that's awesome you got some pics!! =D Also I remember hearing your question and yea she heard wrong but we at least you got a cute answer from them right?

MichiMoni: Ahhh lucky! LMAO I really really wanted to see Yossie drinking beer lol and thats awesome that you did! Really lucky! I saw you too, and took a picture with you guys at one point too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Short Version: Got to talk to Yossie and Rika at the reception and shake their hands. I shook Yossie and Rika's hand at the reception and then on Sunday for the Q&A I shook Yossie's hand again and told her I was a big fan, I forgot to shake Rika's hand cause the line kept moving and I was still in awe from Yossie's second handshakeXD. Spotted Yossie in line at Subway and at Tully's Coffee. Front row at the concert and Yossie and Rika made so much eye contact! I got to ask one question at the Q&A and met some really awesome Yossie and Rika, and Hangry & Angry fans =D Best weekend ever!

Long version:
DAY 1
Dinner reception at the Hyatt.

I didnt even know they were standing to the side waiting for their introduction till they were called to the center. When they walked to the center I couldnt believe it, even though I got to see Yossie and Rika in Japan, it wasnt the same, it was much closer and standing in the same floorXD. Yossie and Rika were wearing the same outfits from the autograph session on Friday(which I couldnt be there because my flight arrived after it was done) but Yossie had her hair down and a hat on ^_^ :( It was dark so my camera couldnt take good video but it didnt matter, they looked so cute! My camera failed on me so many times that I was mad but I just kept telling myself it's the experience and memory that counts.

I couldnt even think about food at that time so we went to meet them. ChocoMochaKei and Kimuuu went in front of us, and then it was our turn and I froze 0.0 I said hi to them and the translator asks us where we were from etc. We(Ripusu from H!O and I) told them we were from Miami, FL.
Me: "You should come to Miami". "Florida"
I think at this point they were trying to remember where Miami was so Ripusu said Disney World to give them a hint that it's that Florida we are referring to.
Ripusu: "Disney World"
Yossie: "Disney World, oooh, yes"
The translator lady asked us if we came just to see them.
The translator: "To see them?"
Both of us: "Yes just to see you, just to see you!"
Rika :"really? really?!" (this was cute)
Both of us: "We are big fans, big fans!"
They both were like oooh and smiled and said thank you.
Rika: "Im very happy"

There are parts that are fuzzy because I was freaking out insideXD Good thing Ripusu was with me lol. I was too damn nervous. Then! ChocoMochaKei asked if she could shake their hands and they said sure! So this was our chance too. So we asked and we did. I was in front of Yossie and Ripusu was in front of Rika. So I shaked Yossie's hand first and she smiled at me *dies* OMG her eyes!!!!!! Her eyes can kill you with one look! I said thank you and she smiled again. Then I kinda bumped into Ripusu trying to shake Rika's hand and Rika smiledXD. I shook Rika's hand and she held it for so long XD She was really sweet and smiled at me. They are sooooo pretty. After that I was pretty much in cloud nine, I couldnt believe what had happened. We saw two girls dressed as Yossie and Rika from the Osaka Koi no Uta PV (which now I know one was MichiMoniXD)and we took a picture with them, also with these two Japanese guys wearing gatas jerseys. We went back to the hotel room and fangirled lol, I couldnt stop smiling that day. Even when we went out for dinner, I couldnt even concentrate on reading the menu XD I kept thinking of what just happened. Felt like a dream.

DAY 2
CONCERT!!! and spotting Yossie at Tully's Coffee<3.

So I really wanted to check out the Sailor Moon photo session cause I used to be a huge fan of Sailor Moon. So Ripusu and I went to look for it but got lost on the way. Really lost XD In the end we didnt find it so we went back to get some food. We wanted subway, so we were walking and Ripusu gets inside a starbucks kinda place called "Tully's coffee". We stood in line and then she realized that it wasnt subway lol. So she gets out of the line, and as Im walking behind her, I see this girl with a pink hoodie on waiting in line in subway. It was like slow motion. I look at her face and it was YOSSIE! I was like "noooo it cant be Yossie.... cant it?" I thought why would she be out here? But then ahhh that face is so recognizable that I knew it was her and freaked out! I go up to Ripusu and say "OMG that's Yossie, OMG OMG". Once she heard me she went to check her out and we both started freaking out!!! Then Yossie gets out of the subway line and goes to Tully's so we were like screw subway lets get coffee. So we stood in line, RIGHT BEHIND THEM. She was with a sakura con security guy and other girls. Yossie was wearing a pink hoodie with a print on it, she had her hoodie up covering her hair. She had jeans on and boots, and she wasnt wearing any make-up. Oh! Also she was chewing gum lol :D There was a point where she chewed with her mouth open that it was really cute lol it was so Yossie. So we didnt want to get to close to her so we kept our distance. Thoughts were rushing through my head, I didnt know what to do!! I wanted to talk to her but then again, I didnt want to invade her privacy, plus she had her hoodie up which was sort of a sign. So Im like ok maybe I can ask the security guy? So in a low voice I ask" Excuse me, is she.." and then he looked at me and gave me the eye, which to me kinda meant "its better if you didnt", so I took that as a sign. LOL at this time Ripusu kept saying "no! no dont ask"XD Plus I did get to talk with her the night before and I would get to see her at the Q&A on Sunday so it was ok.

But anyways we were at the front and the lady who works at Tully's said, please come closer(so the line can move) and I was right next to Yossie!!! Not super close but next to her! She was looking at the menu and then she told the security guy what she wanted. Then the other girls came back and Yossie left to subway with them. That's when Ripusu asked "Do you know how lucky you are", and he said "Do you know how unlucky I am?" I was like wahhhhhhhhh?! (Unlucky cause I think he has to make sure no one bothers her, etc.) I told him "She's really nice right?", and he said yes and I told him we were big fans. The guy at the counter asked him "With whipcream or no whipcream" and he was like greaaaat, I dont know if she wants whip creamXD But he said whip cream in the end. Then we asked her what she ordered, he told us and we ordered it tooXD It was the Espresso Bellaccino. So then we are waiting for my coffee and Ripusu said she wants to see if she's out there. So she goes to check. Im there waiting for my coffee but then I wanted to check too so I just leftXD. Right when I came out, RIGHT when I came out, Yossie and the girls she was with pass right by me! Yossie had her hoodie down!!! She was wearing a ponytail and she had the pink streaks on too. She was smiling now! So I go to look for Ripusu and she comes back and I tell her "She just passed by!" and she said she just saw her too, Ripusu was freaking out here too lol. Yossie, the security guard and the other 2 girls she was with went up the escalator and I noticed these Japanese fans waving at her and she smiled and waved back, and that was it. I think she was going to go get ready for the concert(which Im guessing). So yeah I was Yossie-struck right there and then. Not that Im not already but I never thought I would see her waiting in line for coffee. Oh and someone stole my coffeeXD I come back minutes later and the girl at the counter told me someone took it lol but she made another one. I have short video of this but Im still kinda iffy if I should post this or not. I wanted to record it for myself, because I REALLY thought I would talk to her, but in the end I didnt get the chance(cause of the security guy) plus the nervousness(SO NERVOUS) but kept my camera running if I did get the chance to talk to her. I already talked to her the previous night but still it was different. I was too nervous to stand right next to her too, I dont know, sometimes I think I could have done something more but in the end, its ok because Yossie probably just wanted to get some food and leave. I had a smile on my face though and thank goodness we got lost lol since we got to see her there.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh and I bought some merchandise too, I'll post that later but here is the merchandise table:
(click for bigger)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

The lady said that they had twice as much Angry keychain dolls than Hangry ones. So the Hangry ones sold out first. I wanted a Hangry oneXD.

CONCERT!
We made the line with the wristband people, and then the Hangry&Angry dolls come out and people started taking pictures with them. We did too. I hugged Hangry =D Hangry hugged me really, really tight too lol, it was like a bear hug. Ripusu hugged Angry, then we took a pic. So we go inside and we start walking to the stage, and then tried to find an empty spot. I got to be front row next to the stairs on the left, and I was soooooooooo excited!!! There were people there who were allowed to take pictures but other than that we couldnt tape and since I was in the front, it would be super risky to tape.

OMG when they came out, I freaked!! I screamed so loud that by the end of the concert my throat was hurting. They were so close! Yossie and Rika kept switching back and forth from the left side to the right. I was to the left side around by the stairs, and wow, Yossie made eye contact with me at least 6 times! Rika I think at least 7. But ahhhhhhhhhh!!! I dont even remember what song it was but there was this part where Yossie puts one leg up on top of the speakers and sings, and when she did that she faced the left and when she started singing she was looking straight at me!!! Her eyes and my eyes met and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost died! I was singing along and she kept singing and looking at me<3 I got so nervous after the first 5 seconds of eye contact that I forgot the rest of the lyrics and started mouthing it off lol and then I screamed and looked back at Ripusu, then looked to the front and Yossie moved to the right side. OMG I felt like I had a moment with Yossie there, like if she was singing to me lol Well she looked at me while she sang so Ill count it as that. :D<3 Her eyes killed me. I'll never forget that.

Rika was awesome when she danced Kill Me Kiss Me. When she shakes her dress side to side<3 She came in front of me and started shaking her dress and then she looked at me and smiled!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Rika made so much eye contact! I was so happy! Everytime Yossie would come by, I would scream "YOSSIE!!!" I also screamed "I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!" and everytime Yossie made eye contact with our side, we all just fangirled lol. When Rika came to our side, we all screamed "RIKA!!", for Rika I did the whole "Kill Me Kiss Me" gesture cause she came to our side and when she said "kiss me" she was looking at us(the side I was on) and we went crazy.

Rika and Yossie were going to the "next song" when the screen behind them had "Happy Birth Day Hangry" and Yossie had that "ehhh?!" look on her face lol. That face that she always makes when she's surprised!! We all started singing happy birthday<3. That was pretty awesome. Yay Yossie. Im glad there is video of that! <3 Thanks alot Bex Bissell! I was around where you wereXD Maybe I saw you.

THE PEACE Rock version!!! That was such a big surprise!!! Everyone got so into it!! We were all singing along, ah it was freaking awesome! That pretty much sealed it right there, it was AMAZING! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I would get to hear the Peace live in concert, especially a rock version of it. Awesome.

They threw pink and blue glowstick necklaces but damn Yossie kept aiming to the back, but Rika threw one at our direction and both me and Ripusu grabbed the same one and broke it in half lol. So I kept one half, and she kept the other. They also threw their fans(they were with feathers, pink for Yossie, blue for Rika) to the crowd and after the concert we met up with the two girls that caught them and asked them if we can touch it, and we did XD.

When they would pose after a song was done and get ready for the next one, I saw Yossie making a face to Rika lol like a cheeky smile and was staring at her eyes giving her the famous Yossie stareXD. Oh and there was definitely some fan service at several points and we all went crazy. They kept touching eachotherXD.

The concert was awesome!
I have a bit video audio of the concert up to Kill Me Kiss Me, but it's mostly us girls screaming XD But now that I heard it, it's pretty hilarious lol.

Yea I kept seeing different setlists but it was:

-Sadistic Dance
-Angelia
<They introduced themselves>
-No Future (that's what it sounded like)
-Giza Giza
<They threw the glowstick necklaces>
-Lady Madonna
<Sang Happy Birthday to Hangry(Yossie)>
-Kill Me Kiss Me
-Romantic ni Violence
-The Peace! Rock version
-Love & Peace! HERO ga Yattekita Rock version
-Kill Me Kiss Me encore

I only know up to Kill Me Kiss Me because my camera died there. But what's left is Romantic ni Violence, The Peace! Rock Version and Love & Peace! HERO ga Yattekita Rock version plus an encore of Kill Me Kiss Me, so I put them at that order.

I know several people did audio recordings though. Plus some sneaked video too, so those are gonna get posted, Im guessing. I hope =D

I'll write Day3 a little later since the post is getting too long.

Naomi™: Wow, that's crazy. They closed that early that day? At 2? Wow, Im really sorry. I missed my morning flight because I was late and almost cried but thankfully got on standby on another flight, so I can imagine how you were feeling, Im really sorry that you didnt get to make it. I feel bad posting my thoughts on the concert now =(. But to tell you the truth, I think Yossie and Rika will be back, it may not be in Washington but they might come back to perform somewhere else in the U.S.
Posted Image

#256 Wolfy_Wolf

Wolfy_Wolf

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

I'll post some of the stuff i posted in the yossie thread here.

My biggest highlight was the concert itself because i couldnt make the autograph session on friday and missed out on the reception =[. So yeah the concert was the very first time i saw them live and in person and when i did i swear for the first like 10 minutes i went into wota mode LoL. I was all jumping and screaming and stuff like that and thats not like me at all haha.

Highlight number two was the autograph session after the QnA. These girls are more gorgeous in person I felt like i was gonna melt Lol. When i went to give them the stuff to sign i was all like, "Yossie.." she went, "hmm?" then i went, "yo check it out yo" LoL she looked suprised then said, "yo check it out yo" back. I was too brainwrecked to say anything to rika i just said thank you and she said your welcome =p.

Overall it was a blast and worth every penny i spent! Cant wait for july.

#257 liLcazza

liLcazza

~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~

• Kouhai
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

Bex Bissell TY for that clip~ So cute =)

Naomi, ouch that hurts a LOT. I hope you get another chance one day!! ><"

differentstory12, I hate you so much right now -chucks pen at you- ^_^
I'm joking. The jealousy is burning inside but I'm happy for you~
That report was awesome... I could imagine everything you wrote!
Cant believe you saw Yossy ordering coffee! Like... GAH! And talk to her security guard!!

#258 AikaAction

AikaAction

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

@differentstory: Great story. I really wish I saw Yossie somewhere out of the concert/q&a panels.
LIfE IS FUN -).
My MM Scout team: Koharu (Moon), Aika (Mercury), Riho (Mars), Risa (Jupiter), Sayumi (Venus), Mizuki (Pluto), Hitomi (Uranus), Miki (Neptune), Rika (Saturn), Eri (Tuxedo Kamen), Mari (Healer), Ayumi (Fighter), Kaori (Maker)

#259 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

@differentstory12, You have the coolest story I've read so far. And ditto on not posting the video from the coffee shop.

#260 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:14 AM

They did a rock version of the peace? ^_^ That sounds awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users