• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#1 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

This seems like an appropriate thread for those of us who are going to see Hangry&Angry at the Anime convention in April. I'll repost what I did in the H!P Agency thread:

HANGRY & ANGRY have been announced to perform in the US, in April, Seattle, WA. Here is what was posted in their MySpace blog:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sakura-Con to host Hangry & Angry premiere US performance!

Seattle, WA- 12-16-2008 ANCEA is pleased to announce the final headlining performers for Sakura-Con 2009. "Hangry & Angry" will make their US premiere at Sakura-Con 2009, April 10-12 at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center.

Hangry & Angry is a collaboration with a Harajuku fashion store which goes by the same name and is the brand of popular Japanese designer h.NAOTO . Illustrator GASHICON draws the gurokawa (grotesque-cute)-style characters "Hangry" and "Angry". What is Hangry & Angry? Hangry & Angry represent a potent synthesis of fashion, illustration, fantasy and music.

The characters "Hangry" and "Angry" are said to come from the H44 Star Nebula in order to save the world from global warming. They arrived in the present in their time machine dubbed "LOVE MACHINE."

Name: HANGRY (who might be Hitomi Yoshizawa)
Sex: Female cat
Height: 164 cm (not including hair)
Birthplace: H44 Star Nebula
* A very punk girl. Even though she looks wild and untamed, she is actually delicate and hates things that are out of order.

Name: ANGRY (who might be Rika Ishikawa)
Sex: Female cat
Height: 156 cm (not including hair)
Birthplace: H44 Star Nebula
* A girl who loves goth and appears to be very cute, but in reality, she has a secret devilish side. She believes that people will feel the true power of her music.

Hangry & Angry's first CD "Kill Me Kiss Me" is available in the US exclusively from JapanFiles.com. To celebrate this announcement the first 20 people who register for Sakura-Con 2009, between the dates of 12-16-08 and 12-23-08 will receive a complementary Hangry & Angry CD, courtesy of JapanFiles.com!

Learn more about Hangry & Angry here:
www.myspace.com/hangryandangry (Japan)
www.myspace.com/hangryandangryusa (USA)

Pre-Register for Sakura-Con 2009 now and save substantially versus at the door prices. For more information please visit our website at http://www.sakuracon.org.

ANCEA (Asia Northwest Cultural Education Association) is proud to sponsor the twelfth annual Sakura-Con April 10th -12th 24th - 26th, 2009 at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center in Downtown Seattle Washington. Sakura-Con is an annual three day gathering of enthusiasts and professionals interested in Japanese Animation (anime), comics (manga), and Asian culture. The convention features a wide array of activities and programming such as: industry guests, J-pop concerts, demonstrations, cosplay (costuming), contests, discussion panels and film screenings. These events run 24 hours a day from start to finish.

ANCEA is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about Asian popular and traditional culture. They organize several events every year in order to promote this goal. Sakura-Con is the largest of these events.

This is great news!! I hope others will be going! I know it's a bit far off, but if anyone would like to make plans to do some kind of group thing for this, I will be 100% down for helping get stuff together. This is great for us American/Canadian fans! ^^;

Are there others planning on going to this, and would anyone be interested in getting together for a H!O meeting type thing for lunch or something simple like that? I am 100% going, that is for sure.

#2 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:10 AM

why can't any H!P stuff ever happen in like chicago er something x.x dang it.
bah, wish i could go D:

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#3 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:17 AM

^ I assume if they end up doing something a little more in depth Chicago will definitely be a city they'll hit. I'd assume they'd want to hit LA, NYC, and Chicago... but who knows, making Seattle their first city seems odd to me.

#4 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:49 AM

I think theres gonna be an anime convention over there. so it be easier for them to fill up the seats. Lots of JPop acts do that with the exception of Jrock who do that and/or tour the states on their own

racequeen.jpg

#5 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:53 AM

Yeap... it's part of the Anime convention going on. It just strikes me as odd they didn't wait for an event in a larger city. Sure there will be lots of people at this Anime convention; but why not wait for one in one of the countries larger cities instead of one that's not even in the top 20? The anime event probably attracts enough people so all the venue will be filled, and that's probably all they care about. Not quality or an over excess of numbers, just enough people to be there who will barely care, but will be there nonetheless and make it look like there are a lot of people there for them.

#6 ☆LuckyFortuneCookie☆

☆LuckyFortuneCookie☆

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1041 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:29 AM

I really want them to hit a closer city like Chicago. I have NO chance of making it clear out to Washington.

Who knows, maybe they'll stay a bit in the US for some sight-seeing?

#7 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:26 AM

If I dont have anything else planned around that time, then sure, I can swing by. But I am not going to plan the 3 or so days around it.
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#8 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:33 AM

I'm probably going, but only for one day, so either for the live or for the fan panel, unless both are on the same day.

Last I heard, the live is on Saturday, and the fan panel on Sunday.

I wonder how the autograph session is going to work, that's my primary interest.

#9 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:38 AM

I would also like to know those details. I have little interest in Anime, and if H&A are only doing things one day that will be great and leave time for me to do others things in the area. :good: I wonder how many people will be there for H&A, I don't think there are that many fans in America. This will be interesting for sure. No matter what anyone assumes it will be like, I'm sure it won't be anything like that.

#10 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:06 AM

I read the attendant rates for the concerts at SakuraCon are usually in the range of 3000 people. And I don't think we should under estimate how many H!P fans will flock to this event, considering it's the first official appearance of anyone from H!P on western soil. (Imagine people waiting at the arrival terminal at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport when they arrive.....probably not as crazy as when MM went to Asia)

Quoting this from JapanFiles (Who's responsible for H&A's work in the US) at JPM

Final details have yet to be determined, but here's what we can tell you at this point:

The girugamesh concert and Hangry&Angry concert will held on different days.
Tentative schedule:
Friday - girugamesh concert / Saturday - girugamesh fan panel
Saturday - Hangry&Angry concert / Sunday - Hangry&Angry fan panel

Please remember that Sakura-Con has a variety of programming for all sorts of Japanese culture, so their staff is working to arrange schedules that work for all guests, panels, workshops, autograph events, concerts, etc. That's why we can't say "100%" this day/that day or this time/that time until a few weeks before the event.

#11 sauder

sauder

Takagaki--It just works.

• Senpai
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:07 AM

Well I had no idea there was an autographing session :good:

I live in Washington and I would go, if not something more important had come up the exact same weekend down in California (coincidentally). *sigh*

So I'm not sure if I'm going since that depends completely on my track coach who I probably won't see for a month or so, but I think I might preorder a ticket to be safe. It can't hurt I suppose and there are other things to do at Sakura-con besides H&A--even though I'll probably be minimally interested in much else.

B!P Latest Entry--J-Links/Blogs/Sites Page
Posted Image

#12 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

since this is still pretty far I probably start saving up for this. I want to check out Girugamesh since they rock and H&A because its the closest you can get to H!P girls here in the states.

about H&A coming to the US I read somewhere Seattle has lots of asian people. so maybe that could be one other reason they are going there

@Pepto
can I crash at your place?

racequeen.jpg

#13 Atarimae

Atarimae

キライスキダイキライ。

• Senpai
  • 2187 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

im trying to get my mom to take me! lol ^^ its about a 4-6 hour drive up there for me. but my parents are so blehhh i dunno

#14 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

Hmm... I'll probably be there for a little bit all three days then so to see girugamesh too.

#15 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

^ I want to hit up Girugamesh too. They were really good at Jrock Rev from what I heard. Couldn't go but I went on the first day though. They also have Smile DK maybe others would want to check them out also. But don't see the Slants they suck. I seen them last year just because it was free

racequeen.jpg

#16 Radicalpatriot

Radicalpatriot

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

I do plan on attending. It's an easy trip from California to Seattle. Should be great!

Posted Image

#17 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

so they finally coming huh....looks like my plan to kidnapped ...um i mean meet Rika is coming true :rolleyes:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#18 s♥sh

s♥sh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

Anyone want to carpool from Cali to seattle? :lol:

#19 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:20 AM

So, are people interested in having an H!O meet type thing? I think that would be fun. If you would want to be part of something like this, post on here something like "Yes, I would like to participate in an H!O meet up" and I will compile a list of those wanting to do so and maybe we can come up with something to do. XD Since I have no ideas, feel free to make suggestions. :huh:

#20 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

^ I'm down for a meeting type thing. it should be cool meeting some people online and hopefully come back in one piece :D .

Anyone want to carpool from Cali to seattle? :wub:

driving from So Cal to Seattle?! thats crazy plus cheaper to take a plane then spend money on gas

racequeen.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users