• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#1 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:30 AM

Okay, I was reading this article about Left-Lane slowpokes( Left Lane Slowpokes drive you crazy? )and how it drives people nuts.....myself included. Especially when I was taught that you always pass on the left, but because some one decides they only want to go the speed limit in the far left lane, I have to move over to the right to pass them. Now, granted that even doing 5 over the speed limit is breaking the law and could cause me to get a ticket; now, it seems that THE LAW is also looking for slow left-lane drivers to give them tickets as well.

After reading this I was thinking, "What other things drive me crazy when I'm driving?" Well I have a few:

people not using their signal lights to turn or to change lanes XD
people on cell phones (even bluetooth) and not paying attention to anyone else on the road XD
people not knowing how to merge into traffic and not knowing what to do when someone is merging into traffic
people not regarding lines on the road and not knowing what the lines mean (solid line whether double or single means DO NOT PASS!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!! :) :)

I have more............ :D

What are your driving pet peeves?
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#2 nakamura25

nakamura25

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:44 AM

Driving is the most stressful activity that I have to do on a regular basis.

Even the five minute drive to work gets me angry. This is because so many people on the road don't know how to drive. I'm not saying I'm a professional or anything, but I know the driving etiquette and I never put people's lives at risk.

My pet peeves:

People going the speed limit in the fast lane (it's called the fast lane for a reason).
People going under the speed limit when there are no hazards in front of them.
People who cut you off when turning onto the street you're on.
People who change lanes without signaling.
Left turners who don't realize they can go through on the yellow or red.
People who stop or park in no stopping zones. (This is a big one)
When I get chased after giving people the finger.
When after a red light, the person in front of me takes forever to accelerate, but ends up going 40 over the speed limit.

I follow all of the rules of the road except one. Yes, I speed. But I'm sure the majority of drivers do. I tend to go 10-20 over the limit when it's safe to do so.
I've never been involved in a collision and have had no tickets.
Posted Image

#3 Aggisú

Aggisú

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

"People who cut you off when turning onto the street you're on."

This has been annoying me lately. People don't know how to turn into streets.
Posted Image

#4 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

Anywhere in the UK = Christian drivers! :lol:

Although there's worse then that where I live. They are Cornish Christian drivers!!!
(just look for the badges on the back of the cars)

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#5 caritherage

caritherage

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

OMG this list is pages for me but the biggest offenders

People who float left to make a right hand turn.
People who stop to make a right hand turn.
People who race on a semi-busy freeway
People who speed up to get in frount of you, then hit the brakes as soon as they finish cutting you off
Stoners who drive 25 in a 40 zone.
People on cell phones (It's illegal where I live and no one cares).
People who take their time in a line for a left turn that make you and 3 other people miss the light.
Girls doing their make-up while driving.
People who stop to see a an accident, causing an accident.

Posted Image
Image by HotaruMoni
Female H!P fan since 2001

#6 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

As a biker, I have a big problem with drivers being so stubborn they have to pass me no matter how slow traffic is :D Annoying, and also dangerous..

#7 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

All of these are even worse when they're talking on the phone to their (probably) equally idiotic friends and family.

People who go on yellow and end up stuck in the intersection especially when they're making a left turn which ends up blocking some of the lanes. I was so psyched when I saw the cops giving people tickets for doing that.

People who don't know yield means that they have to slow down and not the people in the lane their attempting to merge into.

People who reverse park into stalls or wait for parking stalls near the entrances of parking lots. Usually with retarded lowered cars and when there are a bunch of cars behind them.

People who wait to cut into other lanes at the last minute.

People who drive just fast enough so you miss the light or can't cut in front of them especially when there's a gigantic gap in front of them.

People who open or leave their doors open so you have to wait when pulling into a parking space. Same people who'll have their cars running despite no intention to pull out of a stall for a while. Especially bad when their reverse light are on also. In general people who take an unreasonably long time getting out of their parking spaces.

Turn signals that stay on for miles.

People who creep all the way into the middle of the road when making a turn and then when they realize there are people actually coming they try to wave you on despite the fact they are blocking the entire lane due to their stupidity.

Jackasses with their impractical monster trucks (or any other oversized cars) who end up double parking in crowded parking lots.

Things I hate when I'm a pedestrian:
People who don't signal when they want to make a turn especially when they start creeping into the crosswalk.
Drivers who drive really fast through puddles especially near relatively busy intersections.

A few years ago got T-boned by some 90 year old man with Coke bottle glasses making a left turn right into my car and ended up crashing into a wall. And then he tried to tell the cops I was speeding. So if I hadn't been speeding (at most maybe 5mph over the limit since it's a steep hill) he would have been able to make the left turn barely missing me?

#8 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:00 AM

People who do not signal. I don't care if there isn't a soul around, I signal and that's a habbit these people need to get.

Speeders. So many these days. I was doing the limit, so many people just cruise by me and go in front.
And they end up at the same red light as me anyways, how stupid.

People who don't know how to slow down when theres snow on the ground. There's a lot of them.
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#9 sauder

sauder

Takagaki--It just works.

• Senpai
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:44 AM

people who try to merge into their lane with their fancy smancy cars...when you're right next to them XD

Cellphones are annoying, and also when people accelerate too fast in tight spots....aka rush hour or a traffic jam when there's a break.

B!P Latest Entry--J-Links/Blogs/Sites Page
Posted Image

#10 burnt glitter

burnt glitter

resident tsundere

• Senpai
  • 2425 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

Drivers don't get me angry unless they're just retarded. I used to get road rage all of the time but now I hardly ever get mad. I honk the horn when necessary (idiot alarm, most of the time) and that tends to make me feel better. Alert the driver of mistake, move on appropriately. No one is a perfect driver, I've made mistakes (zoned out at a light and made people behind me miss the green arrow for the left turn... oops! among other things). There are only specific cases where I get peeved.

Something happened a few days ago, actually... I was in a small parking lot and was backing out my car, SLOWLY, mind you. I'm about halfway out but I still can't see anything to the side of me as I was in-between two big cars, and when you're out that far, you expect people to stop and wait, right? I hear a brash "HOOOOOONK" and I'm alarmed, thinking I almost hit someone and I step on my brakes. I look around confused and about three seconds later an SUV zooms past, behind me. Oooh, that made me mad. Why were they going so fast in a parking lot, a small parking lot, that they couldn't slow down when they could probably see me pulling out earlier if he had the foresight to honk at me three seconds before he sped past me? Grrr...

Actually, a few months ago I was in a car accident in a parking lot (girl failed to stop at a t-intersection and bumped my car, a very minor accident). She came out of the car yelling saying it was my fault and I was so intimidated in the beginning I really did think it was my fault and sort of played along with it, but I didn't apologize. She was trying to call the police and I was like "That's not necessary we can handle this ourselves..." and she thought I was trying to "cheat" her. I got her insurance stuff (which was expired) and when I called and gave my statement to the insurance people the lady on the line told me, "Wow, it's like I'm reading about two different accidents, here!" and I was like "Really? Why?" ....The girl who I was in the accident with claimed that I ran a red light and hit her car. In a parking lot. A red light in a parking lot?? What an idiot. If she was going to lie she should have tried harder...

Sometimes people just pull out into the road in front of you and don't accelerate fast enough, but a lot of the time that happens I'm speeding anyway so I get mad then realize I was going pretty fast and it wouldn't have been that bad if I was going slower and my anger diffuses. A lot of the time when people do that, it's to avoid a wait for an appropriate gap (I've done it myself but I accelerate as to not inconvenience people behind me, but if they're speeding, screw them). People get mad when people take too long to make a left turn because they're stuck at the red light. I say, what the problem with waiting? Unless I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, which I'm usually not, I don't really care if I have to wait at a light. I'm a very passive driver. I do hate driving, though... Some people think it's fun but I get really nervous. It's good there aren't that many aggressive drivers where I live.

I think I remember a stand-up comedian that said something like "Why is it that when you're driving, anyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac?" :D

newsigsayunewnew.jpg

#11 Villappines

Villappines

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

When people signal left or right, slow down, miss the turn speed up and repeat by the next street or intersection D:

but im not a good driver myself being new i panic when I turn sometimes.

#12 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

People that can't keep up with traffic. If there's more than 5 or 6 feet between you and the car in front, you're going too slow.

Let's go! Let's go! Let's go! You're holding up progress!

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#13 Marida

Marida

卒業した

• Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

Oh gosh. Don't get me started on this topic.... Well mostly I hate people who drive behind me like ONE METER away from my car, or the people who go too slow, I mean TOO slow. Like if you are scared to drive, DON'T drive at all. Argh.

Mari fan since 2005!

#14 michikodesu

michikodesu

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:40 AM

@ burnt glitter: I don't know why, but it seems like the moment people enter a parking lot they become total idiots. I stopped to let someone out of their parking spot and was halfway pulling into it when a car came zooming around the corner and tried to get the spot that I was almost completely in and then looked at me as if I was the one in the wrong.... XD

I know that I've made driving mistakes before as well, and I try to take that into consideration, but when you see someone change lanes three times and not once did they put on a signal light.....well, then you know that they usually don't ever use one.

I also can't stand it when I see people weaving in and out of traffic. It's very unsafe and dangerous and they're the ones who normally cause an accident, but their not the ones in the accident. I just want someone to tell them "Everyone in their cars are trying to get to a particular spot just like you."

This isn't a pet peeve of mine, but I think it's something everyone should know. If you're going downhill use 3rd or 2nd gear so that you don't wear out your brakes. I went up to Snowshoe to go snowboarding with some friends and I observed that many people were using their brakes on every turn and trying to slow down that way. That's okay, but when it's snowing, you don't want to constantly hit your brakes to slow down because you'll lose traction and slide. Putting the car in 3rd or 2nd will help slow you down so that you don't have to continually hit the brakes, wear them out, and put yourself in danger of sliding. Just a little tip.
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#15 hangry maimi

hangry maimi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

i think drivers from peru from public transportation are the worst in the world, i use that buses and is scary... extreme adventure

infinite thanks ©hocolateSHINee☆ for sig and ava
Posted Image
Sayumi + Koharu + Maimi = AWESOME
sorry for my english, i try, i really try

#16 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

Really, the only thing that gets me super mad are drivers who go far too slow on highways in the country, then when they get to to towns/cities they go twice the speed limit. Ugh... there are far two many of these people out there, and it's totally obnoxious.

#17 Kagome

Kagome

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:55 AM

Drivers that drive me crazy are

1. Drivers Who talk on cell phones while driving and not watching the road

2. Driver who drive too fast on Snow and Icy roads Where your having trouble driving

3 Drivers Who pass 3 or 4 cars at one time (which is unsafe on busy 2 way roads)
Posted Image

A woman heart is filled with many things! But the people she loves is always on topPosted Image of everything else

#18 ellemarr

ellemarr

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

After reading this I was thinking, "What other things drive me crazy when I'm driving?" Well I have a few:

people not using their signal lights to turn or to change lanes :)
people on cell phones (even bluetooth) and not paying attention to anyone else on the road :D
people not knowing how to merge into traffic and not knowing what to do when someone is merging into traffic

Michiko, are you sure you don't live somewhere near me? I ALWAYS run into drivers like that!

In addition to those (and everything else stated thus far), my big pet peeves are:

Stickers all over the back window (like stick figure families and glittery pink RIP whomever decals). How can the see the drivers behind them if that's covering their view?!
People who go 5-15 miles under the speed limit, and then slow down even further when you get really close behind them, just to make a statement that they don't feel like going the right speed. :)
People who have "pimped out rides" with really bad body work. They're spending money on fixing the wrong problems, and look like a road hazard.
Trucks who drive recklessly. They're the biggest things on the road and can easily kill anyone in a car, yet I've seen truckers run people off the road before (it happened to me twice actually: truckers ran me and my mother off the road and into construction zones).
Drunk (or any chemically influenced) drivers. This goes without needed explanation. I drove buzzed once, nearly hit a car with cm to spare, and learned my lesson NEVER to do that again.

#19 michikodesu

michikodesu

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

It's sad when I'm the one who started this topic, but completely forgot it was here!!! :D

@ellemar: All those things I mentioned might be a southern thing.....who knows!!

This just happened to me recently and it drives me nuts. It's not about cars though, it's about the whole "share the road" law. I don't mind sharing the road with people who ride bicycles. Heck, I ride every now and then so I really do appreciate being able to ride on the road instead of dodging pedestrians on the sidewalk. What I can't stand, however, are cyclists who are on the road and think that they don't have to follow the rules of the road like drivers do.

For instance: if there is a red light, that means everyone on that side of the road must stop and wait to go on green. So if the cars on my right have a red light and I have a green then that means it is safe for me to continue ahead.......except for the cyclist who just pops out of no where crossing the street without giving a look to see if any cars are coming. Did I almost hit her........YES! ;) As I slam on brakes so I wouldn't have a new hood ornament, she gives me this dirty look as if I was violating the law by not letting her cross......my light is still green by the way.

Share the road does not mean that all cyclists have total ownership of the road. That's the same for groups who are cycling. The law in Virginia states that they can ride no more than two side by side on the road and if a car needs to pass, they are to get back into a single file lane. I will tell you that most don't do such a thing and you have to actually get into the other lane just to pass........That irks me to no avail!!! :)

Posted Image

#20 RaulJimenez

RaulJimenez

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:27 AM

as of today i hate drivers that aren't paying attention got in a lil fender bender today damn lady hit me from the back nothing happen to my truck but what pissed me off is she tried to run away she busted a u turn really quick and smash on it but so did i so i took down her plates i really love when the Vortec kicks in on my truck caught up to the lady when it kick in lol
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users