• Please log in to reply
2073 replies to this topic

#2041 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14635 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

^ They had promotion though. XD They were on TV quite a few times (a popular show from what I've heard) for their mini album, and performed at plenty of events.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#2042 Kein Engel

Kein Engel

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

Any explanation as to why they disbanded?

#2043 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14635 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

^ There was no announcement or anything, it just happened.

Though there is plenty to speculate on, we probably won't ever know exactly why.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#2044 KeriChan12

KeriChan12

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

^I think the contracts just expired. :o
“History is more important for the idols than the numbers!”
. -Mano Erina cheering squat

#2045 Icee

Icee

daredemoヾ(*´∇`)ノ daisuki

• Senpai
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

That's really sad that they didn't even get an announcement. But I guess they would've have to do a bunch of things or appear at a H!P concert, so maybe they didn't want to do that. D: That sucks. It would've been awesome if they could've held one last concert. My guess is that they were probably all back home and they didn't want to fly them back to Japan for announcements and stuff... What a let-down for the fans.
Unless this leaves potential for a comeback someday...?

#2046 Mistygemmy

Mistygemmy

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

Aww. Just watching these girls in the hello pro awards from 09~ They\re so cute. It's such a shame!

Posted Image
My Tumblr | My Site | My graphics thread

#2047 cunning

cunning

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

http://www.up-front-...tlistindex.html
It seems ICM is still repped by up-front, but i don't know the last time that site was updated...

Officially a KSS unit stan

Fan of H!P since 2006 💖

#2048 Kein Engel

Kein Engel

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

It's really sad when groups dont get enough promotion and are simply tossed to the side when they dont work, which is inevitable with lousy promotion. I really liked them.

#2049 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

It wasn't really the lack of promotion. They got really good promotion in Taiwan just like Francis and Aiko. In some of ReiRei pictures, they show her with both of them. The thing is that they never got paid for the work they did so they chose to not return. For those under age, the parents chose to never send them back again to the agency, to those who weren't, they never went back. I understand them. I would not want to be working for free either.

#2050 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

They never got paid?

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#2051 hpnewb

hpnewb

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

^^ Where did you get this information?

Conspiracy Theorist

Snake Oil Salesman

“ Like always, these lyrics don’t have a deep meaning. " -Mai Hagiwara trans-Nouciel

#2052 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

I got it from a forum that was dedicated to Ice Creamusume. I can't remember the name of it or the web page. I had known since before March of last year that Ice Creamusume did not exist anymore. It's really sad to see how they just got these girls all excited, pretty much for nothing.

#2053 claneksi

claneksi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

Hmm.. I guess there's different perspective between the agency and the members.. The agency use their usual long term method: train and work first (for months to years) then get paid (decently after the 'debt' for those training and promotion paid off). The girls probably thinking short term that if they work, then they should get paid. Also I'm afraid there's also some problem with commitment, like the girls weren't ready for long term contract, and maybe surprised with the amount of dedication they need to have to be able to survive in the industry.. Can't blame them though, most of them are really just usual 'normal' girls.

#2054 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

It's so sad what happened to them ^^; I didn't really like them musically, but still... if they really didn't get paid at all, it's even sadder :lol: though what claneksi says makes sense.

I expected them to last longer.

g8aHT2F.gif

#2055 Radicalpatriot

Radicalpatriot

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:42 PM

That's really sad that they didn't even get an announcement. But I guess they would've have to do a bunch of things or appear at a H!P concert, so maybe they didn't want to do that. D: That sucks. It would've been awesome if they could've held one last concert. My guess is that they were probably all back home and they didn't want to fly them back to Japan for announcements and stuff... What a let-down for the fans.
Unless this leaves potential for a comeback someday...?

I have a possible explanation, and I saw this happen first-hand in the January 2009 Elder club graduation concert at Yokohama Arena. ICM performed their debut single at each of the three shows. In the first two, all of them introduced themselves in Japanese, a new language for those Taiwanese kids, and everything went smoothly. However, at the final Sunday night show, the first ICM member stumbled on the intro, and then forgot the lines completely. This flub spread to the other girls, panic ensued, they all screwed it up despite ample prompting from well-intentioned fans in front, and it was a hugely embarrassing catastrophe for these decent kids. My first thought was that UFA would simply splice in that segment from one of the other shows into the DVD, but they just used the screwed-up version and I am convinced that permanent stain on their first-ever show in Japan destroyed their confidence. Just watch that segement on the DVD and see the pain in these kids' faces. I don't really blame H!P, UFA or Tsunku, and the policy on DVD tapings is that you don't mess with what that final show produces. However, they could have included a clean version of those intros as an extra to the DVD. Instead, they just hung them out to dry. Anyway, that's my opinion and the proof is in the DVD.

#2056 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:26 AM

^ Yeah I watched that on the DVD, poor them, they really didn't remember a thing. Maybe they got nervous because they knew that was going to be on the DVD.

Oh well, I just discovered how awesome their mini album is :( yeah I'm late lol, but just wasn't into them back in 2009.

Boo :(

g8aHT2F.gif

#2057 Kein Engel

Kein Engel

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

Even if they were in trainning, they were still recording and selling albums and making videos, so they should've been paid for working.

#2058 Ian905

Ian905

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

^ As far as I am aware, they were paid for everything they did while they were still active...

Fan of the 48 Family, Linda III Sei, Tokyo Performance Doll, THE Possible, and Seifuku Kojo Iinkai.

My last.fm

#2059 brenda_harrison43

brenda_harrison43

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

So they are not active now, that's sad, I like them

#2060 jelly man

jelly man

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1573 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

Youko and PeiPei appears in a show in Taiwan together . They haven't appeared on the TV since icecream last event..

http://blog.hellopro...e1234565/139751

the show is like a battle show and they didn't go into the next stage~

Reina is the BEST!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users