• Please log in to reply
3449 replies to this topic

#2901 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:09 AM

When the news came out Karin's name became TT...
6V7MjqN.jpg?1z5hG2O7.jpg?1

Karin blog translated
http://blog-project....to-karin/259183

J=J's members blog translations

Yuka: http://blog-project....aki-yuka/259209
Tomoko: http://blog-project....a-tomoko/259217
Akari: http://blog-project....ra-akari/259202
Nanami: http://blog-project....a-nanami/259197

#2902 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:00 AM

Wtf, they're having such bad luck with these health problems.

Aikawa (somewhat popular goofy queen of funky eyebrows)

Sato (charismatic enough to be super popular in the deathmatch cage that is Morning Musume)

Asakura (very cute and being pushed to be center of Tsubaki)

Now Miyamoto (pretty much center of J=J)

The only case that happened with a girl who isn't a standout was with Ogawa (no offense to her).

Rena is Kobushi's front/face girl XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#2903 Doraleous

Doraleous

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:43 AM

^ I-I always thought it was Hama-chan, well, she'll always be in my head then.

But sorry for the ignorance then, damn, talk about bad luck for them.
Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

#2904 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:11 AM

I am not sure if it was a joke (guess it was) but Rena isn't KF's front or face. Those are Hama-chan and Rei.

It sucks this is happening to Karin, hope she recovers fast.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#2905 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

I'm honestly not surprised this happened to J=J. First Sayuki, now Karin. They get the most vocally challenging songs but don't get the proper vocal training to make them able to sing these songs in a healthier way.

That being said, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery from Karin. She's a strong girl, she won't give up without a fight.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#2906 The-OtakH!P

The-OtakH!P

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

I don't think it's only H!P problem to have sick people, I feel that some disease are growing more stronger from years to years ? This years in a global aspect was tough.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

1498590307-kaedysignaturebanner.png

<3 KAGA IS LOVE ! KAEDY IS LIFE - The-OtakH!P  <3 

#2907 darkvision

darkvision

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

it's good to have her resting her voice and just do dancing. I would hate to see her going down the Tsunku's path at such a young age. Kudos to the agency for not graduating her and just letting her dance.

#2908 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

I'm honestly not surprised this happened to J=J. First Sayuki, now Karin. They get the most vocally challenging songs but don't get the proper vocal training to make them able to sing these songs in a healthier way.

I am also questioning the "magic" of Sugai-sensei, but I can't find any information online claiming that dysphonia is related to misuse or overwork of vocal cords. Except a connection to use of the "false cords" which is the opposite of Miyamoto...
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2909 Shells

Shells

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, dysphonia seems to be caused by sickness that in turn gets into the vocal cords, so this may actually not be a case of bad vocal technique/overwork. Not that I'm excusing all the OTHER vocal issues H!P has had over the last few years, but this may not be one of them.

I hope they are able to work with her and she can return soon.

#2910 downfrontguy

downfrontguy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

To me this seems to be similar to what Yajima had - she also had to carry around a sketchbook for a while like Miyamoto - but may be a bit more severe given the break (then again it could be that Yajima refused to take a break as she and Suzuki were known to never missing work due to sickness and it was close to disband) rather than what Okai and Takagi (and Takahashi) had.

Okai/Takagi/Takahashi had chronic hoarseness (dysphonia) and opted to surgically remove vocal nodules that was causing it but they never had a period where they just lost voice whereas Yajima/Miyamoto did if I recall correctly. And not saying it's related but Yajima/Miyamoto are "soft" singers unlike aforementioned three girls. 

I wouldn't say any of these girls have great technique; some better than others. They are all still babies after all (all around 20, more or less) - "were" in Takahashi's case when she was really active. Perhaps it's likely than not likely that these girls develop issues at some point in their careers due to workload they are under from a young age.  

#2911 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

Thinking about it now, at the 225 lives mission tour, Sayuki and Karin had perfect attendance. And then, Sayuki's nodule and now Karin is dealing with this.

For what i read from some people, stress may also have something to do with what Karin has.
There is this guy, he didn't know Karin, but he felt identified because he has the same diagnostic. I don't know well what he said XD
Here are his tweets.

"僕と同じ病気 治るから大丈夫ですよ♪ 同じ病気に方に勇気を与えてください!!"
https://twitter.com/...837356345315328

"機能性発声障害でも、舞台に立って、大好評をいただきました!! 機能性発声障害は感受性の強さの証! 役者や歌手に向いてるんですって、医者も言ってましたです! 発声障害持ちでも、声を出す仕事はできます! いや、むしろ向いてるんです! 宮本佳林さんマジで頑張って!"
https://twitter.com/...063073536552960

"機能性発声障害患ってます。 私の場合、二年間心療内科に通い、現在はほぼ完治しました。 感受性が強く、周囲に気を使いすぎる人に多い病気のようです。 宮本佳林さんの事は全く存じませんでしたが、佳林さんも、とても真面目で優しい方なのでしょう。 必ず治りますので、応援します!"
https://twitter.com/...061332799778821

"ありがとうございます! 10年ほど前から徐々に悪化していく声に、苦しんでおりましたが、ほぼ普通に喋れなくなり、病院に行き、それと診断されてからはあっという間でした。 原因がわからないことがストレスにもなるので、早期に診断されたことは幸福です。 本当に、心より応援しますです!!"
https://twitter.com/...126925917761536

#2912 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:55 AM

Get well soon, precious little grape.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#2913 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:55 AM

Okai, Takagi, Takahashi had growths (nodules), a biological cause for a certain roughness/raspiness which they had surgically removed, then after the surgery needed some silent time for the cuts to heal. Okai and Takagi weren't silent for very long compared to MomoKuro's Ariyasu Momoka (I don't know/remember how long Takahashi was silent)

Afaik Yajima just had laryngitis or something that would heal on its own without medical intervention, but I am guessing that because I never heard anything about why she was hoarse not because I know what happened.

The Miyamoto diagnosis is "functional" dysphonia to separate it from problems with a simple biological basis (say, something that would show up on an MRI). (Yay Google?!)

I think the three groups/conditions are pretty different, and I assume have different prognoses. Not a doctor...
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2914 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:11 AM

On a positive note, she is still blogging so thats a good sign. :good:

She even gave a makeup tutorial.

blog,%20Miyamoto%20Karin-723246.jpg

たれ目☆宮本佳林

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#2915 downfrontguy

downfrontguy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

Not a doctor...

Yet doesn't stop you from commenting and reaching. But then again I was guilty as well  - I am not their personal physician, let the record shows. :) Not sure if your post was in direct response to mine but because the content is the same, safe to assume so. 

No official reason was given on Yajima, so it's all speculation - as you acknowledged btw. Could be Laryngitis as you speculated (even if it resulted in dysphonia, it indeed is a bit different from functional dysphonia) or it could be a milder case of functional dysphonia that didn't require immediate/complete stop of any work (and was able to work through not speaking, i.e. resting, and with appropriate therapies in the background). As far as I recall the only stuff she mentioned in her blog was that she didn't have any sore throat/fever, just suddenly losing voice. One would assume she would've felt pain/discomfort due to inflammation if it was Laryngitis, but whatever. In short of seeing her doctor's report, can't tell. Having said that Yajima is not exactly known for having flawless singing techniques. You may think I am way over-reaching, but I don't care.  :c18:

Can't seem to find in my post where I wrote that Miyamoto had nodules or that her case was similar to what Okai/Takagi/Takahashi had. Or vise versa because I didn't.

If going by definition strictly, Miyamoto has developed a bad habit(s) of projecting vocal improperly to a point where it is causing her current issues, with seemingly normal cords/larynx structure. Not sure why i have to repeat this but oh well. Dysphonia, chronic hoarseness, voice difficulty, hoarse voice, they all mean the same thing (google again maybe?). 

And Okai/Takagi didn't lose their voice like Miyamoto/Yajima before the nodule surgery, as far as I recall. After surgery, yeah duh. Don't know where that line of yours came about as it's irrelevant to what I wrote. To be fair, nodules "can" make one to lose voice briefly if overworked, but it is more of issue that causes chronic hoarseness, being prone to vocal cracks, being unable to reach high notes; generally causing singing difficult, especially live. The point is they hadn't lost their voice in similar fashion pre-surgery. 

I can see how some of my colloquially written posts can cause misunderstanding sometimes as they are written assuming the readers know their stuff but break down line by line in this particular case, nothing I wrote was factually incorrect besides the speculation part - and my opinion on perceived vocal abilities is an opinion.

#2916 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Sorry, I never meant to put words in your mouth. I was only trying to be as explicit as possible about why I imagined the results/prognoses were not comparable.
I was definitely not trying to break you down line by line. I know I'm often argumentative and it's an easy, rational habit to assume I'm arguing.

#2917 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

Maybe a mosquito flown into her mouth when she was live back then  :c18:

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#2918 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

"Functional Dysphonia" is an odd diagnosis, because it means that there is nothing physically wrong with her, or at least nothing they can see by examining her throat and voice box.  It's actually thought to be a psychological condition, which kind of lines up with her "feeling out of breath during the time she usually has lines even though she was not singing".

It's very different from laryngitis or vocal nodules or regular dysphonia (chronic hoarseness). That is, if it is the correct diagnosis, it means her throat and voice box are perfectly fine but something is occurring mentally that is preventing her from singing. Unfortunately, this makes it harder to treat.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#2919 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

I made a list with the songs Karin has request on Radio Neo which airs every tuesday. I will update it when she request more. The numeric order doesn't represent anything, just the order she was requesting the songs.

Spoiler

***Update
Radio NEO "HELLO! DRIVE!" #212 (25/07/17)

Karin request:
+ 28. The Doors - People Are Strange

-----------------------------------------------

I don't want you to forget Karin's voice so here there is a video from the time when she was scared of the Haunted house lol (probably will get deleted anytime)

---------------------------------------------------------------

i posted this on the J=J's thread but

• (16/07) - Two H!P concerts. Karin performed as always
- HELLO! MEETING
- HELLO! GATHERING

(17/07) Two concerts, J=J Live house tour. Budokan announcement.
- Karin performed as always

**||The problem problably started during these days, before J=J concert. ||**

(21/07) J=J Live house tour. Karin vocal cords got inflamated, she only danced and cried a little during the handshake. https://twitter.com/...377501004607488

(22/07) H!P concert. Karin only danced she seemed out of breath while dancing.

(23/07) TBC natsu matsuri 2017. J=J performed as 6, Karin couldn't participate due to sore throat and fever.

(24/07) JK Ninja Girl, Kobushi's movie event. Karin participated as guest with Yuka, still couldn't use her voice. She wrote in a sketchbook​ to communicate with everyone.

(25/07) H!P announcement, Karin is diagnostiqued with "Functional Dysphonia". Karin hasn't participated in any concert since then. But, she has updated her blog every day (i always wait for it, the hour is usually at 1:00 A.M or some minutes after in my country), makeup tutorial, cooking, she is learning to use DTM keyboard(? sorry i don't have idea about this XD

#2920 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

lmao Haunted House videos never fail to amuse me. I think her reaction is of the worse I've seen (worse as in crying/screams/scared), it was so funny but ofc I felt for her. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users