• Please log in to reply
3448 replies to this topic

#3281 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:40 PM

Being someone who has ranked Karin high on my list, I always thought that Karin was the main center in the group, and not necessarily "her" group when the group was announced. I can see why some people think otherwise, which is fine, but it's not like in the early singles, Sayuki or Tomoko weren't featured. I could be remembering things wrong as it has been a while though.

Yeah. I didn't know who any of them were before their debut, and I thought those three were equally the leads.

#3282 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:31 PM

I would have accepted and loved if J=J had literally been Karin's group with the others being back dancers, because that's how much of a fan I am/was, but I think she was more like the center (and that's great).

#3283 EzioNG

EzioNG

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:20 PM

https://www.instagra...d=1cv82zlpb6ch5

#3284 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:42 AM

Miyamoto Karin Live Tour ~Karing~ [2020.03.25]
Part 1: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7synzi
Part 2: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7synzj

#3285 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 11:11 AM

Karin's graduation has been postponed due to the coronavirus and related safety measures.

http://www.helloproj...com/news/11977/

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#3286 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 04:45 AM

I had put these up as news, but it's just sitting in approval hell, so whatever.

Miyamoto's comment:

Thank you for your support.
As the announcement said,
We will not be able to hold the scheduled graduation Live show,
so we're taking the position of delaying the graduation itself.

Juice=Juice and I both strongly feel that my final live show must be live,
to properly convey my gratitude to everyone for everything.
I will continue my solo activities,
so for now I'll continue trying to find what I can do, on SNS etc.
I want to wait for the day I can hold the live show!

To go this long without meeting everybody, is unprecedented and lonesome.
Let's survive this time, and bear in mind that infection prevention programs are tied to the conclusion of this issue.
I'm waiting for the day I can hold a live fully ready.

Juice=Juice's Miyamoto Karin

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#3287 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9502 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:31 AM

Being someone who has ranked Karin high on my list, I always thought that Karin was the main center in the group, and not necessarily "her" group when the group was announced. I can see why some people think otherwise, which is fine, but it's not like in the early singles, Sayuki or Tomoko weren't featured. I could be remembering things wrong as it has been a while though.

There used to be a guy from England who posted here under the name Oroboros and made yearly trips to Japan to get his wota on. He once confirmed to me, after having seen J=J in their first year, that they were more like the Karin Show with a back-up group back then.

What amazes me about Karin is that even though she's now outshadowed by other singers she hasn't lost a step in her own abilities, her showmanship is always 100%.

Case in point from her solo lives last year:

#3288 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 07:18 AM

Amazing video! Her performances are always so detailed--she's definitely an incredible performer, even if there are technically better singers.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#3289 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 07:28 AM

There used to be a guy from England who posted here under the name Oroboros and made yearly trips to Japan to get his wota on. He once confirmed to me, after having seen J=J in their first year, that they were more like the Karin Show with a back-up group back then.

What amazes me about Karin is that even though she's now outshadowed by other singers she hasn't lost a step in her own abilities, her showmanship is always 100%.

Case in point from her solo lives last year:

I hate to admit this but it's not like she's outshadowed by other members, it's like the manager decides to rest her voice and let others have opportunities to shine. And even if she's pushed to the back, her fanbase will still be stable and doesn't have any sign to shrink. Her ability is decent throughout her career. Furthermore, the decision is right because if J=J is still dependent heavily on Karin, the group will be in trouble after she graduates.

#3290 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:59 AM

^
She has not been pushed out of anything.

She's still very obviously a key-member.

What she isn't is the lead vocalist. J=J simply doesn't have one (most H!P groups don't), even though J=J has the single most explosive vocalist in the Hello Project.

Nor is she the leader - some combination of her age and personality make that a reasonable choice. It's also worth noting that after changing character several times, she has landed in a position of self-denigration. In all the places that other members might call her gross or creepy for her behavior towards them, she turns it up to 11 and calls herself gross or creepy. It's very fun and very funny, but it doesn't scream "I want to be the leader."
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#3291 mie-chan

mie-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:31 PM

Karin is not supported properly. If coronavirus was not here, Karin would have graduated to solo career. Currently due to economic uncertainty, she cannot leave, and now even survival of hello project is uncertain.

To add the person to replace her and sing her lines while she is still in the group is disrespectful. 

#3292 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:49 PM

I agree it's quite disrespectful to do that. However, regarding the situation, that can't be helped. Also, I bet that unlike other situations, after she graduates, her fanbase won't shrink and those who support her will leave J=J fanbase. Then J=J has a big hole and it needs filling, and I bet Reirei was added for that purpose. Furthermore, J=J needs to recover right after she leaves, so I guess that's why the manager gradually lets others step into her territory.

I don't think letting her make a big show in a group similar to the time when J=J debuted will help her this time. However, the manager should consider letting her sing as a soloist during J=J concert, and I think that will deliver a more effective message to the fans.

#3293 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:14 PM

^
^
Due to economic uncertainty?! No

Due to choosing to delay her graduation.

Inoue Rei is not a replacement for Miyamoto Karin.

Line distribution always changes when members change. Philosophically speaking they’re not Miyamoto’s lines. Not even something like the first line of Giniro no Telepathy is Miyamoto’s.
But more importantly, can you give me an example of “...sing her lines...”. AFAIK J=J has not performed as a group since Inoue joined.

#3294 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1378 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:18 PM

Karin's replacement is Riai, my friends..

#3295 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:35 AM

man i'm so excited for karin's solo career, i'm sad she's graduating j=j AND h!p (she could've been their first soloist in a decade!!!) but like she's such a great performer i can't wait for her first album. also her self composed songs are bops i can't wait to hear more from her AAAAAAAA

anyway here's her song pink moment bc it's a bop and i love karin

#3296 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1378 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:16 PM

Karin needs to be herself and do what she wants to do. She is so talented and charismatic that the worst thing she can do is follow the bored solo-style UFA has. She has to do the music she want and be the funny crazy bitch she is. That's all.

#3297 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:22 PM

Has she said she’s leaving UFA entirely? After Airi’s switch to a solo career that’s definitely more active and successful than other UF soloists, I think more girls leaving H!P to become soloists might want to stay until UF and hope they’ll give them similar treatment (esp. a girl as popular as Karin is).

#3298 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 12:45 AM

Karin needs to be herself and do what she wants to do. She is so talented and charismatic that the worst thing she can do is follow the bored solo-style UFA has. She has to do the music she want and be the funny crazy bitch she is. That's all.

Only if there is a company that is willing to invest in her. In UFP it's safe but she won't advance much, but outside UFP she has to govern her own problems (from singing, choreography to finding appropriate music label, managing own budget). Both choices have their own advantages and disadvantages. Let's wait and see how Riho did outside of H!P first. However, I believe that Karin's fanbase is stable and won't decrease much after she leaves, which is an advantage for her. Every success has its own hardship, though.

#3299 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:34 AM

Let's not forget she has a hearing loss due to her career.  This may affect other agencies hiring her.  In my opinion they should've graduated her when they found out about her hearing loss and taken care of that by having her become a lyricist or even a soloist.  I feel that they don't have as many concerts as soloists.

Setting that aside, it is true that many H!P artists do better outside of UpFront.

#3300 mie-chan

mie-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:36 AM

Idols have a problem becoming singers after the idol career. 

Miyamoto Karin is the kind of idol you come to like, she is not immediately apparent in her charm to people. 

I feel that after graduating, she will just vanish like so many other hello project graduates. She does not post pictures of herself often on her instagram, instead posting her cat, or food. She is not very good at self promotion.

I feel she is disappointed with where she is, the entire "not the ace" of juice=juice shock she had from the management when they added Dambara Ruru, and now three additional people? It seems the management do not support Miyamoto Karin as she does not have many connections, and she neglected to make connections.

If you look at Eripon, she has made a lot of connections in the idol world, and entertainment. Even though her popularity is low when seen in goods purchases, she has used her connections to stay important. Airi Suzuki has a famous father, and she has a lot of connections as well. She does cosmetics and promotions.

What does Miyamoto Karin have?

She did some voice acting a long time ago. She did some acting and stage plays a long time ago. She has isolated herself from making any connections in entertainment. I do not see a big company supporting her.

She was very positive and outgoing at the time of her graduation concert plans, but then covid came, and now that has been pushed to uncertainty. We remember the very sad, empty audience graduation of Murotan, I think she is waiting for a good graduation concert, and only that.

What plans does she have? None as I can tell, she doesn't do any DIY at all, anywhere. She doesn't do anything that I can see, apart from work every day with juice=juice.

I feel when she graduates, we will never see her again. This makes me very sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users