• Please log in to reply
755 replies to this topic

#41 maxemerg

maxemerg

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

Ok. Thanks, everyone. I guess I kinda knew the reason for the uncomfortable (for me) amount of sex in most fanfics, but just didn't want to acknowledge it. I'll admit that they do interest me and pull me in quite easily.

Actually, I got an idea last night for a funny, though very disturbing, one that reveals just what sort of special "lessons" Koharu inflicted upon poor Chun after the sumo classes. The outline in my head was a little too much for me, though, as it leaves Chun very confused and possibly with a sumo fetish. (though that leaves it open for a sequel! lol)

Which reminds me of something else. I'm a little relieved to see, after reading a few fanfics, that there are others who see koharu as the kind of person who would knock someone down and have her way with them. I thought I was the only one getting that vibe from her.

I'll think about writing something in the future, but I may be starting some classes of my own soon, so I'm not sure when I'll have time to write.

In the meantime, I'd like to offer light proofreading services to anyone who would like me to quickly run over their stories and look for problems or errors, as I have noticed many. I understand that not everone here natively writes in English, and I actually look up to anyone who is able to write stories, let alone sentences, in a language foreign to them. However, if anyone has English related questions (native speakers or not), I'd be happy to try to help. Keep in mind, though, that I'm quite terrible with punctuation and I can't say that my grammar is 100% perfect. Anyway, just send me a PM if you want a litle help!
Devoted fan of 光井愛佳 since 2006年10月08日

#42 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

I'd like to offer light proofreading services to anyone who would like me to quickly run over their stories and look for problems or errors, as I have noticed many.....Keep in mind, though, that I'm quite terrible with punctuation and I can't say that my grammar is 100% perfect.

:rolleyes: So, are you still sure you're qualified? :w00t:

#43 Odori

Odori

Woohoho~~!

• Senpai
  • 544 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

umm... maxemerg: after reading ur post... it almost seems like u've got the idea that sex is something nessesery in fanfic
if u got that impression I must tell u it's all wrong :)
fanfics can be anything
and even if u want to write fem slash, u still chose what level u want it on
if u want it funny and cute, make it funny and cute
if u want it sweet, make it a sweet story
same thing if u want it romantic, passionate or pervy (although u should consider carfully what u post in this category)
It's all up to u and I'll be glad to read ur fics in the future

#44 Director_Maiha

Director_Maiha

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1537 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

^Yeah I agree with you.

@slayer: mkay...I'll write a happy ending......maybe...B) :wub:

I also have to bring out the fact that don't open various fanfic threads if you haven't even finished one of them yet.

Reina=Queen(spanish)+Reina=Perfect(japanese)=Reina is a perfect queen.
taenysiiiiig1.jpg

喜欢是淡淡的爱。爱是深深的喜欢。

#45 maxemerg

maxemerg

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:23 AM

:whistle: So, are you still sure you're qualified? XD

XD I feel that I'm at least qualified to be a possible resource. I was just saying that I'm not some kind of supreme deity of the English language. I'm always trying to improve myself and I won't say I know something when I really don't. I was also sort of downplaying any confidence that I may have. I don't want to seem full of myself or anything like that, because I'm really not. I apologize if I seemed to insult anyone. That was definitely not my intention. ;)

umm... maxemerg: after reading ur post... it almost seems like u've got the idea that sex is something nessesery in fanfic (trimmed) It's all up to u and I'll be glad to read ur fics in the future

Nah. I know it's not a requirement. The sumo lesson idea was just a silly thought I had. I have a sense of humor that is often difficult to understand.

Thanks for your last comment. I've really felt like writing for the past few weeks but I haven't had anything I really wanted to write about. I'm sure I'll come up with something soon.
Devoted fan of 光井愛佳 since 2006年10月08日

#46 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:46 AM

I apologize if I seemed to insult anyone. That was definitely not my intention. :wub:

No worries! :)
I understood that you were just trying to be helpful; but I just found your last sentence amusing, that's all! :sob:

#47 ~*Sarah

~*Sarah

Hey....I'm a NUMNUT!!! XD

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:02 AM

Actually, I got an idea last night for a funny, though very disturbing, one that reveals just what sort of special "lessons" Koharu inflicted upon poor Chun after the sumo classes. The outline in my head was a little too much for me, though, as it leaves Chun very confused and possibly with a sumo fetish. (though that leaves it open for a sequel! lol)

Which reminds me of something else. I'm a little relieved to see, after reading a few fanfics, that there are others who see koharu as the kind of person who would knock someone down and have her way with them. I thought I was the only one getting that vibe from her.

LMAO, I wanna read that!! I always thought Koha was a bit of a perv, I dont know but I can't see her letting someone else take control.
Anyway, I think this thread was a great idea. It's fun reading everybody's thoughts on different fanfics.

#48 Odori

Odori

Woohoho~~!

• Senpai
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:24 AM

umm... maxemerg: after reading ur post... it almost seems like u've got the idea that sex is something nessesery in fanfic (trimmed) It's all up to u and I'll be glad to read ur fics in the future

Nah. I know it's not a requirement. The sumo lesson idea was just a silly thought I had. I have a sense of humor that is often difficult to understand.

No no. I DO understand. It's a very funny idea. I'm just saying that u can write it in a way u find comfotable
it's not just all or nothing.. there are things in between (lol am I making sense??) :blink:
just read a bit of what people here write and look at the different ways people write (not to mention diffrent concepts for storys) hey might give u an idea what to write yourself

LMAO, I wanna read that!! I always thought Koha was a bit of a perv, I dont know but I can't see her letting someone else take control.
Anyway, I think this thread was a great idea. It's fun reading everybody's thoughts on different fanfics.

when next to Chun... well that's one thing.... but Koha is Sayu's first Kouhai and I doubt she's let Koha forget that..
Spoiler

#49 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

^ agree~ :]] just wite something yer comfortable with. LOL @ our Seme/Uke list. maybe we should get it on and finish it..haha. i wanna make another random collab fic with you!!! :]]

@ max well you see, grammar does matter. maybe you could ask someone to check it for you. like how Anuskyna lets me check her fic. well, goodluck~ :lol:
3Y2YJ.png
cr: R/M & SweetHoney

#50 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:56 PM

@ max well you see, grammar does matter. maybe you could ask someone to check it for you. like how Anuskyna lets me check her fic.

:lol: Are you serious? :lol:

I thought the bad grammar makes the story more charming... after all, I was under the impression that no H!P artiste speaks good English!

#51 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

@ faraithi well, grammar is important because it would be hard to describe something or a feeling/emotion if your grammar isnt that good.
The language we use here is english, so prolly most of us speaking/read/write in english. You see, if i dnt knw how to speak proper english right now. what im trying to explain to you right now would come out...quite differently. this is why grammar is important.

and those simple past,present and future tenses are good help for writing. it makes things easier for the reader to understand. and i know most of us here would want the readers to understand the fics easily and all~ :]
3Y2YJ.png

#52 Odori

Odori

Woohoho~~!

• Senpai
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

I thought the bad grammar makes the story more charming... after all, I was under the impression that no H!P artiste speaks good English!

oh.. I'd like to see u give writing a fanfic in japanese than... there won't be to many able to read it but...
although there are a few people how can.. we can ask them for a translation
but the H!P members would be able to read it.... if that's what U really were aming for....

#53 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:23 PM

^ now thats a challenge! :lol: hahaha.
3Y2YJ.png

#54 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:24 PM

....and those simple past,present and future tenses are good help for writing. it makes things easier for the reader to understand. and i know most of us here would want the readers to understand the fics easily and all~ :]

:lol: So, who would be truly qualified to decide if/when a fanfic is grammatically good enough to be posted in the forum?

I'm quite amused that you guys are taking all these fanfics so seriously! :lol:

Maybe you all should submit your fanfics to the Moderators for editing first, before posting them in the forum! :lol:

#55 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

@ faraithi ah, well.. if u want people to understand what you write, like a flowing text you might want the spelling and grammar checked. and it's harder (not to mention less satisfying) to read a text in bad english.. :]]
3Y2YJ.png

#56 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

... if u want people to understand what you write, like a flowing text you might want the spelling and grammar checked.

Okay then! I wish you and maxemerg lots of fun reading and proofreading all those fanfics! :lol:

#57 Odori

Odori

Woohoho~~!

• Senpai
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:48 PM

Ima: not thinking he understood any of that... :lol:

#58 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

^ oHH, thats ok. least got my
Spoiler
or maybe not. :lol: hahha.

@ faraithi feels good to have yer questions answered. :] have fun.
3Y2YJ.png

#59 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Posted Image I think you probably don't understand what I've been hinting at! Posted Image

@ faraithi feels good to have yer questions answered.

Do you mean you feel good about having your questions answered by me, or about answering my questions?
Or do you mean that I feel good about those same 2 things?

:lol:

#60 Odori

Odori

Woohoho~~!

• Senpai
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image I think you probably don't understand what I've been hinting at! Posted Image

Thought I did but that last post didn't make ANY sense at all... :lol:
I was just thinking u where being a sarcastic b**** but than u suddenly seem to have misundertood everything
as if Ima and max were gonna go around checking fics in the forum....
I admit it, u lost me somewhere... :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users