311 replies to this topic

#281 Snowflake

Snowflake

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

My favorite artists and songs are: 

Morning Musume - Silver no Udedokei, TIKI BUN, Memory Seishun no Hikari, Dekiru Onna, Shaba Daba Do, Kirari to Hikaru Hoshi

ANGERME - all songs

Kobushi Factory - Nen ni wa nen, Survivor 

BABYMETAL - Gimme Chocolate!!!, Onedari Daisakusen

Apulanta - Aggressio, Paaso, Yksinkertainen, Ilona?, Kahdesta pahasta molemmat, Pahempi toistaan, Pihtiote, Tivoli 

Ariana Grande - Snow in California, Problem, One last time, Break Free, Love me Harder 

Anna Abreu - all songs 

Jukka Poika - all songs 

Simple Plan - all songs 

The colors are just random :P 

Fall Down Seven Times, Stand up Eight 

Nana Korobi Ya Oki 

#282 pyokokun

pyokokun

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

There's so many... I had to stop because the list was becoming too big  :unsure:

Kero Kero Bonito
Kumisolo
水曜日のカンパネラ
Sugar's Campaign
坂本慎太郎
Neon Bunny
Tokyo Girls' Style
ハナエ
spoon+
Capsule
青葉市子
SHISHAMO
tricot
少年ナイフ
MEG
OOIOO
Negicco
YeYe
沖野修也
SAWA
吉澤嘉代子
大森靖子
Charisma.com
印象派
寺嶋由芙
バニラビーンズ
パスピエ
とちおとめ25
テクプリ
FEMM
Silent Siren

Your list and what I like are really similar, haha. Have you tried checking out AramaJapan's recommendations? You and Ronald have similar tastes.

D8rMZZU.jpg?1

#283 Zabieru

Zabieru

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

Other than J-Pop? I'd recommend anything from classical music to metal. The Ink Spots, Dean Martin, Peggy Lee, and Bobby Darin were are all REALLY good artists. Some other good genres would be German or Russian thrash metal, they just really get you pumped lol 

2NsEwYR.png

#284 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:10 PM

my recommendations for today :)

Chise Kanna - Hear - Shinjiaeta Akashi

Boku no Lyric no Boyomi - Sunrise (re-build)

Uno Misako(AAA) & Kazuya Kojima (Anjasshu) - "Narou yo"

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#285 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

my 3 picks for today

wagakkki band - hangeki no yaiba (live)

Daichi Miura - Cry & Fight

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#286 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

Tricot - all song

#287 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:16 PM

Over the last two years there has been a huge increase in male idol groups aside from the typical Johnny's and Exile Tribe bunch, and there isn't really anywhere for me to talk about them all so I'll gonna do it here lol 

XOX - These guys debuted back in December last year with their song XXX (kiss kiss kiss). The group consists of 6 models and they're tied to Sony Music and WEGO fashions. They will be releasing their second single 'Ex Summer' on May 3rd 2016.

lol - Signed by Avex and consisting of 3 girls and 2 boys, this groups is officially considered to be the successors of AAA. They debuted with the double a-side single 'Fire / Shake Shake' in August last year and have recently finished promotions for their second single, 'ladi dadi', which released on January 27th 2016. 

X4 - The group debuted in 2014 with 4 members, and released an album 'XVISION' in February last year. After the release of their first single, member SJ left the group and the remaining members, Matsushita Yuya, Koudai, and T-Max, continued as a trio. The group later added two new members Shota and Jukiya for their most recent release 'Party Up!!', which released on March 30th 2016. 

I would post more group, but 3 is the video limit for posts lol. This link here has a ton of other groups that you should check out too!

Of course, there is also Da-iCE who HAVE THEIR OWN THREAD HERE THAT I REGULARLY UPDATE WITH NEWS AND YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK THEM OUT HAHA 

Overall, I'd really like to have a thread for all of these amazing groups, since there is already a huge section for female idol groups. I know male idol groups aren't as popular here, but it would nice to have at least one thread for them to be compiled into one, like the general kpop boys and girls threads lol. If a lot of people are interested in me making such a thread, let me know! 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#288 arwald

arwald

Special Agent of Idol BAU

• Senpai
  • 676 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

Not a favourite band (yet, maybe), but they sound quite good.. I've just discovered them..

Band-Maid

Idols are adults' toys © Pikarin

#289 Unclemeat

Unclemeat

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:30 AM

I did a search for BabyMetal on this site and it came up with nothing!! I am really surprised?

I saw them in London in 2014 and they were absolutley brilliant.

They must be Japan's biggest ever worldwide j pop/metal export? They just sold out Wembly Arena in the UK!!!

I can't think of another Japanese band that has ever done that on their own before?

I wanted to start a thread but apparently I cannot?

#290 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

Take a look over here...

http://www.hello-onl...3592-babymetal/

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#291 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

Not a favourite band (yet, maybe), but they sound quite good.. I've just discovered them..

Band-Maid

I was checking if there's a thread for them I don't think there is but they are really good I really like their music

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#292 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

^I saw them yesterday at the MCM Expo Comic Con in London (along with Amatsuki). They were really great and cute! I got their autograph too lol. 

I hope they do well in the future, If there isn't a thread for them yet someone should make one! 

#293 Ikasam Yo!

Ikasam Yo!

Fellow polymath of Maachan

• Senpai
  • 1911 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

Do you guys know Nowisee? Her vocals and the songs are phenomenal. The last time I had this feeling over a voice was Utada Hikaru's. And the MV is Makoto Shinkai'sh. Check it out guys:

30c60k0.jpg                                                          

"Are you alright Planet Earth?"  -Masaki Sato

Maa's Vocabulary: Pokupoku - nervous I Konnichikuwa - hello+fish I Tanasatan - Tanaka-san I Minishige - Michishige I Bye-bi - goodbye  

Ten ants say thanks - thank u I  Masakisama - a palindrome I Iretai Jippopai - Iroppoi Jiretai I Yahho-tai! - a group that does "Yahho!" 

Spells: Henyo henyo Biri Biri - (undefined yet) I  Cryptograms: 1・2 Fu- (unsolved yet) Quotes: "Happiness is conveyed like tempura soba.";"Losing something is the same as looking for a little person."

#294 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

New find for me

groups thing seems to be ballet just like Band-Maid are maids

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#295 Masuku

Masuku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1112 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

I recently found Hitomi Kaji, she is a new artist under avex. She has done mostly ballads for now, so I hope they'd give her some up beat stuff too. But this is great and she is so beautiful. In a way her voice reminds me of Goto Maki's.

I really miss the Ayu, Kumi, Namuro type of pop divas... I wonder why there hasn't been anybody like them any more.

#296 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:32 AM

Found this band(?) after on the charts and found out it was an opening for Kiznaiver (spring 2016 anime), which made me watch the anime itself lol, both are really good so check them out! 

edit: i found out they disbanded...

#297 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

don't we have an lol thread?

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#298 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

don't we have an lol thread?

OMG I'VE BEEN ASKING THIS FOREVER LOL I WANNA MAKE A THREAD FOR THEM BUT I DIDN'T THINK ANYONE WOULD CARE like the da-ice thread sob 

i wanted to make one for XOX, FlowBack and X4 too lol. I think we just need a "Boy Jpop Idol Groups" thread  ^^;

#299 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:55 PM

^ I might care for lol :lol:

ramdom songs from my feed

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#300 ruel