1199 replies to this topic

#1 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:18 PM

my travel logs

sorry that the pics would bit low-q since capping them off my video...

My trip to Japan was scheduled on Japan Airlines ( why JAL? not Malaysia Airline? -cos i got em cheaper than MAS) departing around 11pm 26th december nite, after the tsunami,

few of my pals went to see me off, including a fren from eastern coast of Malaysia where i forced him to come down to kl to see me off, since he was the one belittling my plan to japan during uni days...

he still didn't believe me, and checking out my passport and flight tickets
Posted Image

boarded the plane around 1030pm, greeted by those stewardess, but saw a few who looks like av idols..hehehhe...

they served breakfast @ 4am, wtf?? ah well, went on at ate em... it was some soba and its sauce, porridge, some salmon slices + tuna, yogurts( eww! ), fruits....
Posted Image

arrived in narita around 6.15am, i was supposed to go to the tourist information centre and ask for bus to Shinyouri-gaoka, but it is not open until 830am! darn!! hafta find the hard way to get the bus
Posted Image

in the mean while, watching some ANA stewardess going back home
Posted Image

#2 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:23 PM

upon riding the bus, then i realized why i was puffing out smokes, it was 7.5C

Posted Image

one thing i like about riding buses in Japan, they'll pick and carry your luggage to the luggage compartment, tagged em up to your station, and handled the bags as if it was their bag :lol:

#3 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:30 PM

the trip from Narita -- Shinyuri Gaoka tooks like 2hrs plus, arrived in Shinyurigaoka-eki ( eki = station ), my fren picked me up, b4 we took densha (train) to Ikuta

Posted Image
the IKUTA - eki

some view from my fren's window,

a FTO that didn't moved an inch since my arrivals till my departure
Posted Image

and a skyline ( i guess )
Posted Image

that's for now, i'll be updating soon, ittekimassu!

#4 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

This is very interesting~
I enjoyed doing the reading :lol:

#5 SoyaYofu

SoyaYofu

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:52 PM

Yeah, me too! Looking forward to the update!
btw, i hope not all three in the picture was stewardess... :lol:

#6 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:15 PM

Cool to read about your trip. Write some more! I don't think I?Lll ever be able to go to Japan, so your travel diary is pretty interesting for me to read.

That was some killer cars outside your window btw, must have been a fancy section of the city you lived at eh? :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#7 den4

den4

7th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:26 PM

I never had the luxury of arriving at Narita in the morning....it's always in the late afternoon to evening from the West Coast of the US...
From my own experience, I used to have to rush out of the plane, rush to the passenger tram to get to the main terminals, get through the Immigration and Customs as quickly as possible (after retrieving luggage), run downstairs to the Yokosuka lines (when I lived in YOkohama) and usually have about a good hour or so wait until the train arrived. If I was lucky, I could snag a train just as it was leaving...

I tried the bus once, but it got stuck in evening rush hour traffic and that took longer than the train. I did ride the Tokyo Narita Express about twice, and it does save about an hour to two hours in travel time (depending on the traveled destination)....

glad I don't have to get up and ride them sardine packed trains anymore, though :lol:

glad you had a great, and interesting, trip there ^_^

#8 ~Tettekete~

~Tettekete~

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:04 PM

WoW lucky man :lol:
Posted Image

#9 tchenku_rms13

tchenku_rms13

6th gen member

• Uploader
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:01 AM

hahaha i love the 4 wheels (decent looking rims too!) stacked up in the parking lot

more pictures of cars and women please :lol:
shift_Mikitty

#10 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:35 AM

i'll try to get more screencaps outta my video..hehehe..
wait till we're in shibuya video..... which gonna be day - 2 b4 going back to malaysia...

den4 : yeah, i'm lucky to be travelling on bus during early morning, no jams what so ever! traffic are pretty smooth from narita to shinyuri

#11 Sukachu

Sukachu

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

Looks like you had fun :P and nice pics ^_^ .
***Make a Wish. Star light star bright, grant me my wish tonight***.

Posted Image

#12 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:59 AM

ok, sorry for the late updates, quite busy with workload that was pending b4 went to japan....

the last pic i took of the skyline was around 1pm there, then i went blackout for like 2 - 3 hours, cos didn't slept at all during the flight to narita...

my fren woke me up around 6pm telling me to pack up for the nagano trip...
we took Odakyu lines train to Shinjuku, b4 walking to the bus assembly station, where all the people who are going to Nagano , under group package waited for the bus. the trip to nagano, 2 days and 1 night, inclusive of one dinner and one breakfast, one night stay in a japanese traditional room ( with tatami, but no kotatsu! ^_^ ) , snowboarding suit rental and board plus the unlimited rides to the snow hill = Y15K.

environment at the bus station
Posted Image

that time, almost everyone are having holiday, skool kids, working peoples..even ATM machine are also closed for 3 days, regardless they have money or not...
Posted Image

Posted Image

the journey from Shinjuku to Togari, Nagano took around 7 hrs to complete, where the bus driver stops for every 2 hrs of travelling...arrived around 7am in Togari, Nagano... YUKIII!!!

Posted Image

but it wasn't that deep
Posted Image

road snow-clearing machine ^_^
Posted Image

we went checking in, had some bfast b4 went for some snowboarding, i'll be updating more soon.... :thumbs:

#13 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:06 AM

So, were there any good snowboarding in Togari then? I think I spot some evil-looking slopes in the distance of your last pic... Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#14 sh33p

sh33p

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:27 PM

yea, nice pics! when i went to japan it was the opposite, really hot! x_x had to stay in the bus for AC :good:

its great to see pics when it is cold, i wanted to go to japan during xmas but i couldnt ^^;
Posted Image
WAHAHAHAHA
KEEP-SMILING: Nami Tamaki Fan Club <--join =D

#15 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:02 PM

i'll try to get my map of togari resort area to be scanned and will upload here,
there was a lot of course for snowboarding, i went for beginners course x_x

#16 bonta kun

bonta kun

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:05 PM

Cool adventure u have there. Thanks for sharing ur experience. Tell us more x_x

BTW what kinda Holiday were they having that time? Was it the coming of age one to celebrate ppl turning 20 or something like that?

#17 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

i'll try to get my map of togari resort area to be scanned and will upload here,
there was a lot of course for snowboarding, i went for beginners course x_x

No 360 degree then, eh?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#18 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:31 PM

um... of course NO!!

#19 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:37 PM

Sorry sorry, I was thinking about half-pipe skatin' x_x But then again, a 360 degree might be possible in a beginners course too... x_x
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#20 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:00 AM

haha.santa, i wish i could, but too bad i can't snowboard perfectly..hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users