• Please log in to reply
6503 replies to this topic

#6501 Henkka

Henkka

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:36 AM

I also have no idea whether Henkka is going to translate Yossy's interview after everything that happened last year.

Yes, I am.

I hope to finish the whole book within the year.

#6502 StellaFleure

StellaFleure

Long Graduated

• Senpai
  • 2342 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:03 PM

@Henkka: Thank you very much for answering and please don't overwork yourself :).

#6503 Knightsaber-Priss

Knightsaber-Priss

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:08 PM

Wow @StellaFleure that’s a lot of stuff to read!!

@Henkka thank you!!! Looking forward to Yossy, when you get round to her! Awesome work.

#6504 Knightsaber-Priss

Knightsaber-Priss

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:06 AM

just noticed a couple of things from the translations:

From the 20th anniversary book:

Abe: In the beginning, I saw them all as my rivals. I felt like I didn’t want to lose to any of them.

This comment from Abe in relation to being asked about conflict with Goto.

Abe: More than Gottsuan, it was actually the other members who would be giving me all these pep talks. “You were singing the wrong lyrics there!” “Your pitch was off during that part!” “Get your act together, Nacchi! You’re the center, aren’t you?!” They were all singing harmony or backing vocals, but of course they all wanted to be singing the parts I got to sing, so they wanted me to do it properly. I’d be told things like that by Yuu-chan and Kei-chan.

Especially with “Furusato,” since I was the only one singing, the members were very eager to voice their opinions. Kei-chan had a good pitch, so she would be very strict when it came to singing. Even during concerts, she would often tell me to be careful. “I think your singing was off-key there. Please go check.“

And this comment from Tsunku's book from 2000 when he spoke about Abe as being of the archetype of the self-conscious girl:

I don’t know what prompted it, but recently that same Abe has been showing some signs of change. Previously she would always be on-guard, almost as if she was constantly thinking “I am doing my best — don’t even try starting something with me.” But lately, it feels like she’s actually started welcoming a bit of that sort of thing.

For example, the other members can now freely tell her things like “Nacchi, you’re doing that part wrong” or “hey, your singing is totally off-key.” She’s become confident enough that she can allow others to set her straight. Now it’s like she’s thinking, “It’s okay. Tell me. Let it all out.” She’s probably still the same self-conscious woman at heart, but she’s become so much more relaxed about it. It’s like there’s now one less layer of protection around her.

Seems like he was very observant and pegged her personality just right! it's interesting that all these years, decades later she also chose to mention that members would speak to her like that after she stopped being in the mindset of "they're all rivals". Something that Tsunku had observed and written about from the beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users